Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I picked a few of those planet/model sets up when they were on sale for closer to $5-$7. I'd like to base a microscale fleet "resource scramble" type game off of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I like the planets, polybags can be a pain to find in canada and you end up having to pay $10-15 per on bricklink or ebay to get them anyways and when you spend that much on the planet sets you get the planet and the minifig/stand so it isn't that bad.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ika posted:

I wish the planet sets would be sold without the planets and for half the price.
I have a bunch of the old school mini Star Wars sets from 2003. Some of the models were terrible, but it was nice getting two ships for $5.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
Not sure if I'm missing something and it's actually an either/or deal, but right now on the UK Lego shop site, it seems like if you spend over £25 you get a free mini police helicopter AND a free mini Friends car. I've tried adding something over £25 to my basket and it auto-adds both models, so looks like a decent deal considering it's usually 1 free mini set when you spend over £50.

edit: Ah wait, you get the helicopter for any purchase over £25, and you only get the car as well if you're spending over £25 on Friends stuff - so you can get them both if you e.g. get a £29.99 Friends set.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Even more photos and videos from the Nuremberg fair here: http://www.spieletest.at/bericht.php?ID=1174

Including close-ups and a couple of sets I haven't seen before, like a Creator single prop plane, a monster truck transport and Formula-1 transport.

Oh yes. OH YES.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Creator sets are pretty great, I have to get that plane now. I bought the new eagle/beaver/scorpion that came out recently and it is a great little set. It make sa better eagle then the single mold plastic piece that lego is going to use in the LOTR sets.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This is such a great little mini-set. Not for the build, obviously.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
That tilt-rotor is loving awesome:

I think that new one-piece cockpit section is a lot better than the previous one they used on a lot of aircraft. The new one is on the cool coastguard chopper too.

Speaking of coastguard sets, the huge new coastguard cutter made me reminisce about the old one, which I remember as being huge, haha.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

tactical_grace posted:

I think that new one-piece cockpit section is a lot better than the previous one they used on a lot of aircraft.

I hate all the one piece cockpits. This one is especially bad, the fitting is the poorest I've ever seen on a Lego brick, I get a big gap near the back and it pops off the train constantly. Plus the red doesn't match a red brick :mad:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

tactical_grace posted:

I think that new one-piece cockpit section is a lot better than the previous one they used on a lot of aircraft.

It just seems overly large for a Lego piece. Like the nose piece could be cut off and made a separate piece with no bad effects.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
I love the new coast guard boat and the creator twin prop.

Is it me or are the big sets getting bulkier?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Lego-City-Town-Train-Toilet-Paper-Dispenser-/170559318164

Why haven't I started an eBay store yet? People are buying this poo poo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-NEW-Lego-City-Train-Town-Utility-Phone-Poles-MINT-/170576388579
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Set-2-Lego-Minifig-City-Town-Train-Park-Benches-Minifigures-/170890728216

People... with money. They are BUYING this poo poo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Lego-Ninjago-Garmadon-Weapon-THUNDER-BOLT-STAFF-/170642384921

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Did anyone else get a Valentine's Day card from LEGO, with a chrome red minifig?

Apparently you had to spend over $500 last year. Glad I bought that Death Star.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Pirate Ken posted:

Did anyone else get a Valentine's Day card from LEGO, with a chrome red minifig?

I just got it too, which terrified me because there's no way I've spent over $500. I was then reminded that my coworkers use my Lego VIP card when they buy minifigs (most people in my office collect em). :dance:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I got one! And there's no way I spent over £500/$500 last year.. :ohdear:

Also, the Cinema is going to be available March 1st (or from February 14th for us super-duper VIPs)? Oh god! Noooo...

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

I am extremely amazed people are willing to pay that kind of money for that crap. But about the toilet set, how did they get the install the toilet paper roll? From the picture, I just cant see how they would mount the TP roll without modifying pieces, unless there is some sort of new piece I don't know about (which is highly likely).

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Colonel Sanders posted:

I am extremely amazed people are willing to pay that kind of money for that crap. But about the toilet set, how did they get the install the toilet paper roll? From the picture, I just cant see how they would mount the TP roll without modifying pieces, unless there is some sort of new piece I don't know about (which is highly likely).

From looking at some of the listings with decals and some fairly obvious modifying of parts, I would say he probably used a 1x2 plate with bar and just cut enough of the bar out that he could slide the 1x1 round into place.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

InfinEight posted:

From looking at some of the listings with decals and some fairly obvious modifying of parts, I would say he probably used a 1x2 plate with bar and just cut enough of the bar out that he could slide the 1x1 round into place.

Heh, gotta love that "brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item" in every listing. . . I'm even mroe surprised if he is pawning off butchered bricks and 99.9% positive feedback. I was looking at some of his other listings: $25 for a special R2D2 with 3rd leg and this thing actually looks kinda nice but holy crap $1,600 + $50 shipping. At the very least, he could show some interior shots of the church, I kinda like the look of the exterior, maybe for it's worth $100 or 200, but $1,600 is just :lol: .

**Fixed link, thanks!

Not Wolverine fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 8, 2013

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Colonel Sanders posted:

Heh, gotta love that "brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item" in every listing. . . I'm even mroe surprised if he is pawning off butchered bricks and 99.9% positive feedback. I was looking at some of his other listings: $25 for a special R2D2 with 3rd leg and this thing actually looks kinda nice but holy crap $1,600 + $50 shipping. At the very least, he could show some interior shots of the church, I kinda like the look of the exterior, maybe for it's worth $100 or 200, but $1,600 is just :lol: .

Yeah, just for the bricks in that church (you linked the R2 one twice) are worth maybe $200-250. The design is plain, and the building techniques are very boring; it sure as hell isn't worth $1400 for that.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Finally got around to grabbing some series 9 minifigs. My local TRU was cleaned out, two boxes and only about 15 left total. No chicken guys unfortunately but got the ones my kids wanted and I picked up a Jekyll & Hyde dude and a cop. I want some chicken guys damnit!

Also, holy markup batman! (sorry for the blurry pic)

$80 everywhere else from what I've seen. The tag says Obliviator so I thought maybe it was put in the wrong place but there's no other galaxy set or any Lego set for that matter I can find with that name so that must be it. TRU website has it "regularly" priced at $100 but "on sale" for $80. Weird.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 8, 2013

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

ChesterJT posted:

Finally got around to grabbing some series 9 minifigs. My local TRU was cleaned out, two boxes and only about 15 left total. No chicken guys unfortunately but got the ones my kids wanted and I picked up a Jekyll & Hyde dude and a cop. I want some chicken guys damnit!

I want some chicken guys too! Well any series 9 in general. in all my looking I have come across ONE package with was the roman scholar dude :( I guess I'll have to wait till I can make the three hour drive to the Lego store. Sigh

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

DrChud posted:

roman scholar dude :(

You mean Julius Caesar? He's one of the best ones. Can't wait for the Centurion in the next series.
The new cop is great too, perfect for Gotham City

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DrChud posted:

I want some chicken guys too! Well any series 9 in general. in all my looking I have come across ONE package with was the roman scholar dude :( I guess I'll have to wait till I can make the three hour drive to the Lego store. Sigh

I have a spare chicken dude and 4 spare knights if any one wants them for cost.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

The Rage posted:

I will take those knights off your hands.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Is this week's build-off still going?

Trying to keep my builds simple while I learn.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

MaliciousOnion posted:

Is this week's build-off still going?

Trying to keep my builds simple while I learn.

Absolutely!, it´s a two-week thing, going untill sunday.
wich reminds me!
Deadline is coming up, get your builds in!

ALso, that is one hell of a clean ship.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

New Iron Man sets are pretty disappointing - would have liked something more workshop/hall of armour looking for the mansion set, and the vehicles are all forgettable.

Still, will end up getting the boat one for War Machine.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I like the look of the really small section of the Malibu Mansion, but in the pics it kinda looks like they over simplified the helicopter a bit. If it ends up being $40 I might strongly consider purchasing it.

I kinda like how Lego is now a "source" for spoilers about Iron Man 3. Has Lego spoiled any other movies in the past?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

I think there were 'spoilers' about the Harry Potter movies but they don't really count since the books came out long before. If I remember correctly, there were spoilers in the Lego Star Wars Episode 3 game since it came out before the movie did, but I think it was only around a week or two before.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

The Rage posted:

I need a chicken dude for my halloween display. Paypal?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It spoiled a few plot details about PotC: On Stranger Tides. Fountain of Youth, mermaids, etc.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Hawkeye driving Loki's getaway car?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

God that Iron Man minifig is dumb looking...

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one

Pirate Ken posted:

We got ours last night. We spent well over $500 last year. Buying Tower Bridge, Passenger Train, and the stuff to motorize Emerald Night kinda of does that...

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I don't think any Lego "spoilers" weren't in the trailers. POTC:oST and Iron Man 3 included.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

AllisonByProxy posted:

I will take those knights off your hands.

einTier posted:

I need a chicken dude for my halloween display. Paypal?

Shoot me a PM or e-mail is ragemack at gmail dot com.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Colonel Sanders posted:

I kinda like how Lego is now a "source" for spoilers about Iron Man 3. Has Lego spoiled any other movies in the past?
The Avengers and The Lone Ranger definitely. Possibly Prince of Persia and PotC 4 as well.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I got my SpOrk and Power Ranger, and the beat cop and chicken dude. I also have two mermaids. If anyone in Canada needs a second mermaid, lemme know.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Had a go at something a bit more ambitious for the build-off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well, if the Dwarves get rescued by Legolas/Tauriel in the next hobbit movie, then that.