Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Several kids die every year because of sleeper holds. Did nobody ever play/know of The Choking Game in school?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choking_game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Gaylord Plower posted:

Several kids die every year because of sleeper holds. Did nobody ever play/know of The Choking Game in school?

We did this a few times when I was 13 or so, it was scary. Breathe in, hold your arms against your chest and have someone push against them (while you're standing up against a wall) or bearhug you until you pass out.

So loving stupid in retrospect.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Gaylord Plower posted:

So there are kids who are not only stupid enough to play the choking game, but stupid enough to think it means holding a rear naked choke as tight as they could for two minutes straight?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

So there are kids who are not only stupid enough to play the choking game, but stupid enough to think it means holding a rear naked choke as tight as they could for two minutes straight?

Hey everybody check out this dude who wasn't cool in junior high.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Halloween Jack posted:

Look, when you're a kid the only way to have real fun is thing that qualify as attempted murder/suicide.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I destroyed my elbow as a young lad, performing a Cactus Elbow off my shed roof onto a paved patio.

I can still bask in the "HE'S HARDCORE" chants.

(Seriously though, the mind reels that my parents thought nothing of letting a child watch ECW.)

Oh, and we got all reference to wrestling banned in our school after someone who we bestowed the nickname "Vader" upon (I still know him to this day, we called him that because he was pretty overweight and has alopecia totalis) powerbombed someone and gave them a fairly severe concussion.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 8, 2013

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

VogeGandire posted:

I destroyed my elbow as a young lad, performing a Cactus Elbow off my shed roof onto a paved patio.

I can still bask in the "HE'S HARDCORE" chants.

(Seriously though, the mind reels that my parents thought nothing of letting a child watch ECW.)

I nearly choked out my friend after watching early UFC tapes until my mom told me to stop.

YOU'RE STILL THE BEST ROYCE

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
DDT'd a dude on frozen ground during that weird period between where fall ends and winter REALLY kicks in in northern Canada. KO'd the poor guy, and never heard about it from any teachers because we were able to get him conscious again before they twigged on to what had happened.

Strangely, he was not angry at me.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I ate a double arm DDT on concrete in high school. The guy who did it kept my arms hooked the whole way down. Nothing too bad, just a scraped forehead and a busted nose.

EDIT: I should note, this was after I dropped my high school's Hardcore Title, which was of course contested under 24/7 rules.

TL fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 8, 2013

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The big thing for us dumb kids to do to each other in school was the Dreaded Crossface Chickenwing. It was so very easy to sneak onto the unsuspecting and hurt like a bitch.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you're a kid of a certain age on a Canadian playground and never attempted a Sharpshooter, your citizenship is revoked.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Didn't some kid accidently kill an older kid recently by applying the sleeper for real? I thought I remembered hearing that.

As for real moves hurting, my brother and I would constantly apply the Boston Crab to each other back in the day and that poo poo loving hurts.

I believe it was his uncle at some birthday party or something, who stupidly refused to tap out and the kid held the hold on. He passed out and died later on.

And I once put my friend's younger brother in an Achilles tendon hold and made him cry. I felt terrible about it. My friend however laughed his head off.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you're a kid of a certain age on a Canadian playground and never attempted a Sharpshooter, your citizenship is revoked.

I might have attempted to put my cousin in a crossface chickenwing at a wedding reception.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Same for powerbombs and suplexes into snowbanks. First thing I thought of every time it started snowing: "Superplexes off the deck into the snow!"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I've taken a chokeslam at a taxi rank (hey, we jumped the queue), and in the student union. I also did an elbow drop from a rocky outcrop in Majorca which, if I hadn't lifted off fully, would have seen me land on a slightly jagged pile of rocks. Worst was attempting to get backdropped by my chokeslamming friend (who was a strong bastard), then chickening out half way through and then landing face first on the pub floor. Replete with horrendous carpet burns down the right side of my cheek

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Our reasoning for trying wrestling holds on each other in school was usually "they say it's fake, well let's put that to the test and see which of those actually hurts."

In true kid wrestling fan fashion we didn't think things all the way through. I'm just glad we stuck to holds, honestly.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
In college we would regularly exchange chops, Figure Fours, elbow drops, leg drops, and Sharpshooters. This was often done in public to the disgust of friends and strangers alike.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Perry Normal posted:

Same for powerbombs and suplexes into snowbanks. First thing I thought of every time it started snowing: "Superplexes off the deck into the snow!"

I will never, eeeeeeever laugh so hard at anything as I did at my principal coming over the PA to tell us that powerbombs were explicitly banned on the playground. The way he said 'powerbombs' dripped with such disgust and afterwards, my teacher asked the class if he meant literal bombs. Best day ever.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

DDT'd a dude on frozen ground during that weird period between where fall ends and winter REALLY kicks in in northern Canada. KO'd the poor guy, and never heard about it from any teachers because we were able to get him conscious again before they twigged on to what had happened.

Strangely, he was not angry at me.
I've done the same thing but for me it was frozen blacktop in a schoolyard. I also didnt check on him I left him there. (the bell rang and I didnt want to be late to class besides he started it)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
drat, that's cold-blooded.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

drat, that's cold-blooded.

No this is cold blooded

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

bobkatt013 posted:

No this is cold blooded

I miss Glacier a lot. He was my favorite WCW midcarder.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

LividLiquid posted:

Like, if Sting the wrestler made an album, he'd be hosed. If Gordon Sumner appeared as Sting in a wrestling ring, Steve Borden could probably sue. But as it stands, they're fine.
And if either of them wielded a glowing blue sword, they'd have to pay the Tolkien estate.

On a semi-related note, I was browsing the videos on the WWE site and noticed Edge's original introduction video straight up uses lyrics from Nine Inch Nails' "Mr. Self Destruct". Did they have to pay Trent Reznor for that? Given that his finisher was The Downward Spiral, they weren't exactly hiding the reference.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I remember (stupidly) playing the choking game when I was 14 at some party...it wasn't a rear naked choke though, just a lightly applied sleeper hold after taking a few deep breaths. I vividly remember that the 2 seconds I was out felt like an eternity and in my knock out dream the Grateful Dead bears were dancing around me. I had never even really heard of the Dead at that point in my life so I still don't get it. I got to touch my first set of boobs that night though so it was worth it.

The best part about slapping submission holds on buddies is that inevitably each time someone would start it, someone would put just a little too much pressure on another guy during a hold and then poo poo got real pretty fast.

When we were seniors in high school (2001) a buddy of ours worked security at a local lovely outlet mall that had like 3 big stores. A local indy fed was going to put on a show at said mall and setup the ring a night early. You can see where this is going. My security guard friend had us all get together late at night and let us into the mall with a real wrestling ring as our playground. It should also be said that my friend in this story was a gigantic idiot and thought he could actually wrestle. As soon as we got into the mall, he says he is going to "show us something" and got into the ring with his younger brother (his bro was 2 years younger). He immediately gets on the top turn buckle and launches a missile drop kick at his brother....and winds up horribly botching it and shattering his ankle. It was one of the most hilarious/horrifying things I've ever seen. He freaked the gently caress out because he was in big time pain and also thought he was going to get fired and arrested. We helped him to the car, locked up the doors, and his brother took him to the emergency room where they made up some skateboarding story for the broken ankle and the mall never knew.

We still bust his chops to this day about the worst drop kick in the history of wrestling.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Price Check posted:

In college we would regularly exchange chops, Figure Fours, elbow drops, leg drops, and Sharpshooters. This was often done in public to the disgust of friends and strangers alike.

Hahaha, holy poo poo this reminds me of a bizarre story. I was at a New Year's Eve party at a friends house. One of my buddies that I watched wrestling with was there and we made a quiet agreement that at midnight we'd give each other knife edge chops for a laugh (we were pretty hammered). I have no idea what happened, but somehow the whole party just devolved into this massive chop fest. My buddy Isaac was drunk as poo poo and his chest was bleeding by the end of it.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I will never, eeeeeeever laugh so hard at anything as I did at my principal coming over the PA to tell us that powerbombs were explicitly banned on the playground. The way he said 'powerbombs' dripped with such disgust and afterwards, my teacher asked the class if he meant literal bombs. Best day ever.

Haha, that is terrific.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Now all these stories of you guys doing wrestling moves in high school and other places makes me sad that I got into it too late when all my friends thought it was dumb and gay. (Early 06' so I was 15 at the time) :smith:

Good thing my little brother got into though so we could have matches where he would loving sandbag me when I wanted to do a powerbomb or suplex onto a couch or bed, cmon how much could it hurt?! I mean he had no problem with putting me in Boston Crabs or Indian Deathlocks, but nope I couldn't slam him anywhere or DDT him else he'd overreact thinking I injured his neck and tattle.

Though to be fair this was 3 years ago when I was 18 and 236 pounds and he was like 12 and 130. But this is what brothers are supposed to do!!!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I put my mom in the Sharpshooter when I was 12.

ASK HER! ASK HER!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

89 posted:

I put my mom in the Sharpshooter when I was 12.

ASK HER! ASK HER!

should be RING THE BELL RING THE loving BELL

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Confession time: I invented the "inverted figure four" on purpose before Michaels invented it by botching. I called it "the Machine."

Cool confession time: In high school, I had this stoner sorta-friend who liked to act tough by patting and slapping other guys on his face, like something he'd seen in a mobster movie. One day after a pep rally I was standing around daydreaming when he walked op and slapped me across the face, hard. I had been studying karate for a few years at that point, and without even looking to see who it was I Flair chopped him right below the throat, high on the sternum. He was a bigger guy, but he went to the floor hacking and wheezing.

Jabba The American
Sep 5, 2011

I'm gonna have you thrown out of here in a minute!
I took a 3-D off a couch when I was 13. I'm still amazed they didn't break my neck.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
I still remember in Junior High when we did greco-roman wrestling for gym period, that every time the gym teacher would leave us alone to drill something we would all immediately stop and start doing pro-wrestling moves to each other on the mats. Most of us stuck to basic stuff - submission holds, fireman's carries, spears, nothing that would really hurt somebody too bad unless you hosed up hard.

Then one of the kids who was an especially big jackass decided he was gonna do the from-behind low blow on this kid Vinnie - who was a positively enormous Italian kid who probably could have been a pro-wrestler if he wanted to. Anyway needless to say he had like 50-75 pounds on the kid that hit him in the nuts, so he just grabbed him and power-bombed him on the mat. I'll never forget that noise, it sounded like a cannon going off. The gym teachers and the girl's gym class all ran in to see what was happening and we were all laughing so hard, including the kid who got power-bombed. It was hilarious.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Halloween Jack posted:

Cool confession time: In high school, I had this stoner sorta-friend who liked to act tough by patting and slapping other guys on his face, like something he'd seen in a mobster movie. One day after a pep rally I was standing around daydreaming when he walked op and slapped me across the face, hard. I had been studying karate for a few years at that point, and without even looking to see who it was I Flair chopped him right below the throat, high on the sternum. He was a bigger guy, but he went to the floor hacking and wheezing.

I'm sorry, you must have the wrong website. You're looking for https://www.tvtropes.org :)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We got wrestling banned for playing D-X everyday at school. Doing suck it chops in the middle of the luchroom, all the kids in line would look. We really walked around as the full group. I was Triple H and the finest girl in our class was Steph. Fun times. We were 8.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It was chops, chops, chops and more chops in my group of idiots friends in the latter stages of, and after high school. Summer gets pretty hot here, we never lived in houses that had aircon, so we were regularly shirtless, and would invariably wake up after a night on the turps with all sorts of palm-print welts on our torsos.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
I remember in my freshman year of high school in gym, a couple of the other kids would do Frankensteiners on each other from standing positions. It was pretty impressive.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
When I was in high school the guy we elected student president came out to different wrestling themes every time he had to do a speech.

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.
I split my pants while giving my friend a vertebreaker at a party.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
In grade 6 or 7, our gym was set up with this giant platform that looked like a big wooden lifeguard's chair. It was probably about 10 feet high and underneath it was one of those giant, soft gym mats you can land on, like those high jump ones. Naturally, we immediately start chokeslamming each other off of it and such. After chokeslamming/big booting someone off of a ten foot platform got boring, we decided that wasn't extreme enough and one of my friends gave another one of my friends a brainbuster off the top of the thing. I don't remember if he was knocked unconscious or not, but he landed pretty much completely on his neck and didn't get up for quite some time. Needless to say, our teacher wasn't pleased when he came back into the gym, but what kind of moron leaves 11 or 12 year old kids unsupervised around a thing like that?

Also, question: I made up a wrestling finisher I used to use on my friends that I always thought was super awesome and had never seen until I saw this Hustle highlight video from '04. Basically, you set someone up for an F-5, but instead of spinning them forward and slamming them facedown beside you, you spin them backward, catch their head and finish it with an RKO/Diamond Cutter. Is this actually a move, or did Dan Bobish just make it up on the spot? Considering he's an MMA fighter, I would assume the latter.

http://youtu.be/O7d04SjmPvo?t=3m56s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Paulocaust posted:

In grade 6 or 7, our gym was set up with this giant platform that looked like a big wooden lifeguard's chair. It was probably about 10 feet high and underneath it was one of those giant, soft gym mats you can land on, like those high jump ones.

We had one of these but at ground level out on the field - I have no idea what it's actual purpose was but we would hold battle royales on it and it was loving awesome. 30-40 kids just swarming all over each other trying to knock each other off the platform. If you got knocked off you had to wait 30 seconds before you could re-enter the fray. If you kept getting knocked off it was up to you when to decide when you couldn't take it anymore, till it would get down to just two kids left. Me and another kid got tossed out once by a bigger kid but managed to turn and land on the step instead. We instantly formed a tag-team to take the big guy out.

Good times, great memories :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Paulocaust posted:

Also, question: I made up a wrestling finisher I used to use on my friends that I always thought was super awesome and had never seen until I saw this Hustle highlight video from '04. Basically, you set someone up for an F-5, but instead of spinning them forward and slamming them facedown beside you, you spin them backward, catch their head and finish it with an RKO/Diamond Cutter. Is this actually a move, or did Dan Bobish just make it up on the spot? Considering he's an MMA fighter, I would assume the latter.

http://youtu.be/O7d04SjmPvo?t=3m56s
Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asZxGvtpn_U&t=107s

Hell, there are probably be even earlier versions that I have no knowledge of.