Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Proteus4994 posted:

where's losethos when you need him?

busy being an engineer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbW5WLLhhgk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Proteus4994 posted:

lol you do realize we are smack dab in the middle of the socal rainy season right?

okay then.

How come it starts when I walk outside with the raincoat on?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

wanna drive on that bridge

alternately: wanna dig up an old copy of armadillo run

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Ian McLean posted:

All kickstarter funds go to statpedia programmer salaries.

or just for $500 domain names

you know, whatever

what kind of salary or wage do you pay your developers ian?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Ian McLean posted:

okay then.

you should mod the coat so that there's magically always $5 in the pocket. whenever you need $5, hey presto

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Ian McLean posted:

okay then.

i'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you check the weather, see it's going to rain, get your raincoat, and presto, it rains

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
http://statpedia.com/staging/week-3...0517&type=image

little bit buggy still.

weather channel auto feed to search display for sure.

So I suppose the question is what should the rainfall of February be?

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Ian McLean posted:

http://statpedia.com/staging/week-3...0517&type=image

little bit buggy still.

weather channel auto feed to search display for sure.

So I suppose the question will be what should the rainfall of February be?

assign 1 letter of the alphabet to each mm of rain, such that 1mm = A. (0mm = space). make the next 12 days of rainfall spell out YOSPOS BITCH

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Dr. Honked posted:

assign 1 letter of the alphabet to each mm of rain, such that 1mm = A. (0mm = space). make the next 12 days of rainfall spell out YOSPOS BITCH

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Someone can probably scan over rainfall reports of various areas I have lived, and come up with some conclusion against averages.

Hmm that would be an interesting app. Check average rainfall versus how I scored against the average.

Where is that app to take pictures of all life to see what it is?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
wolfram alpha

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Take a picture with a desk, two people, a plant of some sort, and all these different objects in a room, and this app is able to identify everything.

Indoors and outdoors.

Perhaps when the user taps on the object brief description, it goes to further detail of the selected object.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
:allears:

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Ian McLean posted:

Take a picture with a desk, two people, a plant of some sort, and all these different objects in a room, and this app is able to identify everything.

Indoors and outdoors.

Perhaps when the user taps on the object brief description, it goes to further detail of the selected object.

people should know what people see about them in this system.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Ian McLean posted:

Indoors and outdoors.

it's called google goggles you schizo

stop trying to act like every thought you have has merit or is some billion dollar idea

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Dr. Honked posted:

please do this, ian

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
That app would have to let the user edit their description for sure. Otherwise someone might get trapped as a sad person, and that would be no fun. Everyone should feel good.

They can wear their goggles. I just want to take a picture with a phone and see what everything is with a tap after taking a picture.

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Ian McLean posted:

That is fine.

I will give you my phone number. If there is ever an issue, you can call me.

I dunno, since you're a mage and all can you get me something in more of a cravat that causes meteor showers?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WHOIS John Galt posted:

it's called google goggles you schizo

stop trying to act like every thought you have has merit or is some billion dollar idea

mods, please change Ian's name to The Billion Dollar Man, tia

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

WHOIS John Galt posted:

No dont, at this point i dont even care if hes real or not because

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

ian i was going to copy some wizard wisdom from your link, but i cant right click or select text can you help me hack this site :kiddo:

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Ian McLean posted:

Indoors and outdoors.

I have an app that lets me identify objects

its called 'a working brain'

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
if only there was a way to identify objects, without referring to Encylopedia.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

I'm like 14 pages behind but loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Ian you can't loving write AT ALL but if you pay me up front I will rewrite your poo poo for you.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Socracheese posted:

I dunno, since you're a mage and all can you get me something in more of a cravat that causes meteor showers?

you idiot that's a level 9 spell and ian is clearly only a level 5 wizard

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Proteus4994 posted:

you idiot that's a level 9 spell and ian is clearly only a level 5 wizard

That's meteor storm Dickass

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
Seriously... how powerful are these bitcoins if the creators can't even bid on things like enchanted rain coats?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Dr. Honked posted:

you should mod the coat so that there's magically always $5 in the pocket. whenever you need $5, hey presto

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

ian realtalk you should seek help regardless if you're actually crazy. actually theres almost no way you aren't crazy, go talk to a doctor

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Ian.

realtalk.

unironic

do the thing where you chart all sorts of data and allow us to stretch and mold those graphs with deceptive scaling so that we can do poo poo like 'prove' to people that the number of gun murders is directly proportional to soybean futures or whatever

i would use this all the time, you would get notoriety, you'd get to massage and gently caress with data, and you'd be under the comforting umbrella of satire, meaning that people might not crawl up your rear end quite so bad.

allow me to find a graph on your site, drag start/end lines on it, and have your magical mystery machine find the five closest curve fits, from which i could select the most hilarious

end serious

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
ian's not crazy he's just cargo culting

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

Ian...

massage and gently caress... me...

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

ian you beautiful black bastard

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

ur a wizard ian

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Jonny 290 posted:

Ian.

realtalk.

unironic

do the thing where you chart all sorts of data and allow us to stretch and mold those graphs with deceptive scaling so that we can do poo poo like 'prove' to people that the number of gun murders is directly proportional to soybean futures or whatever

i would use this all the time, you would get notoriety, you'd get to massage and gently caress with data, and you'd be under the comforting umbrella of satire, meaning that people might not crawl up your rear end quite so bad.

allow me to find a graph on your site, drag start/end lines on it, and have your magical mystery machine find the five closest curve fits, from which i could select the most hilarious

end serious
iI'd use the poo poo out of this

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

JawnV6 posted:

ian's not crazy he's just cargo culting

ya ive talked to a couple legit schizophrenics and theyre way sharper than ian.

though i suppose if youre kinda dumb and also schizophrenic you just get a shitload of really boring associations going that just kinda fizzle out instead of lead somewhere interesting

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Ian and the Amazing Schizocolor Dreamcoat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
http://yourkickstartersucks.tumblr.com/post/42617024349/hot-on-the-heels-of-the-3-year-old-honey-badger

internet meme based bbq sauce ships with mold in it, all of it is recalled. lol

• Locked thread