Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Rogue outfit is freakin' awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

And as usual, Roxy continues to be the best at everything, including clothes.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Rorus Raz posted:

They each draw back their godhoods to reveal their alternating billiard ball eyes.

The first three not having their eyes shown kind of almost had me worried for a second. (Hey, it could still have happened to everyone but Roxy. Probably not, though.)

I like how the silly dominesque mask goes over her hair.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

In a series of updates centered around great art, Roxy's outfit and Jake's crotch are the true highlights.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Regy Rusty posted:

She is not the best at Riflekind.

Jade will always be best at Riflekind.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Roxy's outfit is basically Link plus a mask, hood and some boss loving gloves. Loving it.

Also that thing on the prince outfit's hood isn't a headband, that's weird.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Roxy's outfit is basically Link plus a mask, hood and some boss loving gloves. Loving it.

It's a diadem, I think.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

It's a crown, probably. e;fb with a better word

Prince and Page have minicapes, and Jane's panels are the same as Aradia's ascension.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Link has gloves in a fair number of Zelda games. :v:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Regy Rusty posted:

Status quo maintained.

I don't know why but Dirk's poofy pants are so... him.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

All these strategic pan updates are very flashlike. Guessing this is our Cascade parallel.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
It's an interesting style choice. We see nothing of Jane's face, barely anything of Dirk or Jake, and a full face shot of Roxy. I wonder if the partial concealment is suppose to represent how far each of the kids have come along to face their real issues, or if it's just to show off the costumes.

Really, could be both considering the way this drat comic has treated us.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

RedMagus posted:

It's an interesting style choice. We see nothing of Jane's face, barely anything of Dirk or Jake, and a full face shot of Roxy. I wonder if the partial concealment is suppose to represent how far each of the kids have come along to face their real issues, or if it's just to show off the costumes.

See, after all the "alpha kids are turning evil!!!" talk, which I'd ignored as dumb, the longer we got without seeing anyone's eyes, the more I got worried that Hussie was going to spring something on us. And I'm guessing that was Hussie's intention, the double-fakeout.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

God Tier outfits that make you look heroic / awesome:

Thief
Maid
Rogue
Seer

God Tier outfits that make you look like a ridiculous jester:

All of the other ones

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Thief
Maid
Rogue
Seer

All of the other ones

Maybe Hussie just likes drawing boys in goofy loving clothes.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sylph and Mage don't look too bad, though we haven't really gotten that good of a look at them yet.

Heir works too even if it is comparatively boring.

E: Yeah Witch is good too.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 9, 2013

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Did... did they suddenly grow up? Roxy's facial proportions look more Mom than Roxy.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Thundarr posted:

Did... did they suddenly grow up? Roxy's facial proportions look more Mom than Roxy.

Nah, dude, that's just Hero Mode close-up.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ablative posted:

Someone is getting that as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Just you watch.
Nice. Props to whoever did that to you.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

It was just too obvious. I couldn't resist.

In other horrible-financial-decision news, my SBaHJ book finally arrived today. It is every bit as gloriously lovely as I had imagined. Now if only they hadn't put that "Do Not Crush" sticker on the package during shipping...

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
This really looks like it was going to be a flash, but Hussie just decided "no gently caress it". Not that I'm complaining, I actually like this slower reveal. I'm guessing I'm the only who thinks the eye mask looks a little goofy though huh?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
This is cool and all, but this just seems really underwhelming to me. Maybe it is just because there was no flash or nothing surprising happened, but this whole thing doesn't seem as important as when the other characters did it.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
I get the feeling there's a flash coming up and Hussie is just trying to conserve space so it doesn't balloon into another 15 minute monster.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

tinaun posted:

This is cool and all, but this just seems really underwhelming to me. Maybe it is just because there was no flash or nothing surprising happened, but this whole thing doesn't seem as important as when the other characters did it.

Yeah, I'm kinda at a place where God tier just ain't that big a deal anymore. Feels more like checking off a box than being something significant.

e. wow thanks homestuck you've managed to make me jaded about immortality + phenomenal cosmic power.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 9, 2013

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Thief
Maid
Rogue
Seer

All of the other ones

Witch rules.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

tinaun posted:

That's because it really isn't as important. It's perfunctory and pre-ordained, like everything else the Alpha Kids have done. John's God Tier was momentous because it was the first we saw of it, while his friends' were the result of heroic effort and (sometimes improvisational) planning, but like Dirk said, the Alphas just sat around and waited for it to happen to them. Even as gods, they're losers.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Seoinin posted:

Yeah, I'm kinda at a place where God tier just ain't that big a deal anymore. Feels more like checking off a box than being something significant.

e. wow thanks homestuck you've managed to make me jaded about immortality + phenomenal cosmic power.

The kids will all have to ascend to god tier 3 to beat Lord English.

fake edit: now where's that one youtube video...

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I can't think of a good way to say it exactly, but on some level it isn't very satisfying to know that the narrative is perfectly aware that this has become underwhelming. Dirk emphasizing how they're just sitting back and letting things happen to them isn't really enough to make the perfunctory scenes compelling.

Still, it's pretty well presented, and we're making progress. It will be nice once we have some fresh material and surprises though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Update. Behold the rainbow pajama jesters in all their glory.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dolash posted:

I can't think of a good way to say it exactly, but on some level it isn't very satisfying to know that the narrative is perfectly aware that this has become underwhelming. Dirk emphasizing how they're just sitting back and letting things happen to them isn't really enough to make the perfunctory scenes compelling.

This could apply to all the non-Intermission parts of Act 6, really.

Just because you make a plot point of things sucking and make the villain whine all the time about how much things suck does not mean sucking is no longer taking place.

edit: welp, Jake's got himself a little wardrobe emergency.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Good god Jane, avert your gaze already.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Jane stop staring at Jake's banana hammock already.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Honestly my avatar's a decent enough reaction to that outfit.

Not even Kanaya can salvage this one, beyond burning it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

To be fair, Jake can't look away from it either.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Thief
Maid
Rogue
Seer

All of the other ones

John's Heir of Breath outfit looks totes fine :colbert:

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

John's Heir of Breath outfit looks totes fine :colbert:

The long-rear end windsock is a Breath thing, not an Heir thing.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

Mimir posted:

God-Tier Mituna had a windsock, and god-tier Tavros didn't.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Mimir posted:

No, we've seen God-Tier Tavros in the dreambubbles, his hood matches Jake's. That windsock is all Heir.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Huh. I was going off of that Classpect chart. I assumed that it was canonish. That'll teach me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Just how high do you have to even have to be to get a gummi worm that big?