Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

haha eden park is so poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Victoria/SA one-dayer going on right now, holy gently caress. Will Sheridan's 47th over might be the worst over I have ever seen live. This is poo poo

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Hyperriker posted:

Will Sheridan's 47th over might be the worst over I have ever seen live. This is poo poo

Try watching New Zealand play.

Malmanous
Mar 28, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Try watching New Zealand play.

How many dropped catches are we on now? 4?

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
No one in the crowd has caught a six yet, so all up its probably 20

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Malmanous posted:

How many dropped catches are we on now? 4?

I've played club cricket on bigger grounds

Edit: haha that was close to a scone on the bread basket

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

McCullum is so loving poo poo. He shouldn't be in the loving team let alone captaining.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

[ ]Played across the line to a straight ball.
[ ]No foot movement.
[x]Premeditated shot.
[ ]Is James Franklin.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

McCullum averages 21 since becoming captain. What a brilliant decision that was.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

[ ]No foot movement.
[x]Premeditated shot.
[ ]Is James Franklin.

[ ] RunRate of >11 so block the ball

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
oh hey Kane Richardson is bowling for South Australia

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
WASP (a kind of Duckworth Lewis of the last five years) has NZ winning at 3%.

e: It's probably less than that now

Noxin of Shame fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Feb 9, 2013

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Are all grounds in New Zealand this small?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

serious gaylord posted:

They are all made for rugby.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

yes; I think the worst was the old AMI Stadium in Christchurch. I remember that fine leg when the DRS haterz played there was around I think 50-60mtrs to the rope, a flick of the hip was 20 rows back for six. I'd say the basin might be the biggest or the wellington stadium

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im not quite sure what Wright is appealing for here

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

England wasting time to try and delay their inevitable loss.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

[ ]No foot movement.
[ ]Premeditated shot.
[x]Is James Franklin.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I think I'm going to change your avatar to James Franklin since you seem to like him so much.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Broads found his level. New Zealand cant play him.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Looking forward to losing all 9 games on this tour.

Malmanous
Mar 28, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Looking forward to losing all 9 games on this tour.

Have we ever been good at Twenty20's? I know we used to be decent at ODI's.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Malmanous posted:

Your batsmen are all idiots who cant leave a ball alone.

So you should be the number 1 Twenty20 side in the world.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Malmanous posted:

Our record is surprisingly awful in T20. They showed our results against all countries and barring the dog poo poo ones the one team we have a positive record against is India with 4/4.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Make Mitchell McClenaghan captain.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Typical bad sportsmanship from the English. Absolutely disgusting.

Malmanous
Mar 28, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Typical bad sportsmanship from the English. Absolutely disgusting.

What Happened?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Our number 11 had the better of him so Dernbach decided to beam him.

Pig in the City
Oct 7, 2007

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

Malmanous posted:

What Happened?

Bodyline.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Hyperriker posted:

Victoria/SA one-dayer going on right now, holy gently caress. Will Sheridan's 47th over might be the worst over I have ever seen live. This is poo poo

What happened?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mister Chief posted:

Our number 11 had the better of him so Dernbach decided to beam him.

Sorry mate but Dernbach is just that bad that he would do it by accident.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
NZ vs England is a close 2nd behind the ashes for bringing out the best in this thread.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Turns out the reason the BCCI are being poo poo about letting English county players play is because the ECB were poo poo about letting IPL teams play exhibition matches

quote:

A hard line adopted by the Indian board towards English county players practising in India has its roots in a much deeper dispute arising from the ECB's refusal to allow IPL teams to play exhibition matches in Ireland and Scotland.

The ECB holds the broadcast rights for both Ireland and Scotland and used its right of veto over televised fixtures in those countries to prevent what it saw as IPL infiltration on its own territory.

Tensions surfaced at the end of the fifth IPL last year when the BCCI approached both Cricket Ireland and Cricket Scotland directly, to check if they were interested in playing exhibition matches against a team of IPL players from different franchises.

It is understood that Cricket Ireland's initial response to the offer was that they did not have sufficient funds to host the matches. In response, the BCCI said it would underwrite the players' costs and that the arrangement would therefore be financially attractive.

However, ESPNcricinfo has learned that the ECB then refused to sanction the matches in any circumstances because it was concerned that its lucrative broadcasting deal with Sky TV, which guarantees exclusive TV coverage of cricket in England, Ireland and Scotland, could be undermined in the long term by the alternative attraction of an IPL side playing in Ireland. The Sky deal underpins the survival of first-class cricket in England.

Under the terms of the ECB's deal with Cricket Ireland for 2008-13, it gained ownership of media rights for all Ireland's home international matches. In return, Cricket Ireland receives an annual fee, the chance to play in some of England one-day competitions should it so wish and coaching support

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I for one and shocked beyond belief that the ECB would be arseholes when it comes to broadcast rights and their deal with Sky.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

More like Ireland didn't want to jeapordise their own funding and coaching but left it to England to sort it out and be the bad guy, as per.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I would normally take the side of England, but anything that makes the ECB, Giles Clarke and the Sky deal look bad is good in my books.

On the other hand, the BCCI...

Its a moral dilemma that I can't solve.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Gorn Myson posted:

I would normally take the side of England, but anything that makes the ECB, Giles Clarke and the Sky deal look bad is good in my books.

On the other hand, the BCCI...

Its a moral dilemma that I can't solve.

BCCI "wins" on countback imo, but its a close run thing.

tarbrush fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 9, 2013

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It is quite hard to take the ECB's side on anything purely because of Giles Clarke. If he was Indian and head of the BCCI he'd do exactly as they do now. loving peas in a pod, they are.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

cmndstab posted:

What happened?

Just poo poo cricket!

Coming in off a fairly long run just to deliver 125kph half-trackers, which the batsmen either glided to third man or swatted somewhere in the mid to long off region for singles.

Or the bouncer length slower ball which just sat in the air for a full second before the batsman just straight-up missed it and it got to the keeper on second bounce. Or the exact same thing the very next ball except it hit the pitch harder and went over the batsman's head for a no-ball.

Just poo poo. I wish I had recorded it and kept it around on speed dial youtube for whenever the Australian state system was mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Scylo posted:

Turns out the reason the BCCI are being poo poo about letting English county players play is because the ECB were poo poo about letting IPL teams play exhibition matches

they can play; they just can't sell the rights to sky

• Locked thread