Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm hoping that he keeps doing innovative stuff for the raws and doesn't let the fact that the book will eventually be printed limit him too badly, there's a lot of interesting stuff you can do with the online media.

Here's hoping for a flip-book version of some of the animated scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Well like I said, given that he added in even more spreads into the most recent chapter, I'd say that he's not stopping. Just willing to go the extra mile to change things accordingly.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Liar posted:

Also now I'm wondering when we'll see Tanktop Man. Wonder if he's anything like long-time cosplay weirdo Man-Faye.

I think Tanktop Man is the guy on the bottom-left here.

He's a man, wearing a tanktop. Therefore, he must be Tanktop Man.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Does he just use martial arts?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Tanktop MASTER. I'm assuming he has a punch like a tank shell. Or he..... treads on you. Something like that.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Death Bot posted:

Tanktop MASTER. I'm assuming he has a punch like a tank shell. Or he..... treads on you. Something like that.

He probably just punches you so hard your top just rips into the form of a tanktop.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I hope his power is completely independent of his tanktop, but they just couldn't think of a better name.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I went back to read the chapter again, and I note that Tanktop Man is S-Class Rank 14 while "Metal Bat" is S-Class Rank 15 and "Huff-Puff Pri(????)" is S-Class Rank 16.

"Metal Bat" must be the guy with a pompadour holding a metal bat to the right of Saitama. I wonder who "Huff-Puff Pri(????)" is, though.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

JosephWongKS posted:

I went back to read the chapter again, and I note that Tanktop Man is S-Class Rank 14 while "Metal Bat" is S-Class Rank 15 and "Huff-Puff Pri(????)" is S-Class Rank 16.

"Metal Bat" must be the guy with a pompadour holding a metal bat to the right of Saitama. I wonder who "Huff-Puff Pri(????)" is, though.

I'll give you a hint: the "Pri" stands for Prisoner

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

AnonSpore posted:

I'll give you a hint: the "Pri" stands for Prisoner

That means he's the cleft-chinned man in the prisoner's outfit right above Metal Bat. Looking forward to seeing how the "Huff-Puff" part of his title comes in.

EDIT: I'm so completely hyped to see all these guys in action and find out how wielding a metal bat, wearing a tank-top, huff-puffing, and wearing a dog costume gets them their S-Class rankings.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 6, 2013

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Quote =/= Edit.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

JosephWongKS posted:

EDIT: I'm so completely hyped to see all these guys in action and find out how wielding a metal bat, wearing a tank-top, huff-puffing, and wearing a dog costume gets them their S-Class rankings.

Even more so when it seems that actual superpowers seem to be rare in the OPM universe. I guess a lot of them must use technology like Genos, with others just being super strong through training or something.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
It seems very Watchmen-like with exaggerated feats of strength and speed, but with rare actual super powers.

Still looking forward to more of the S-class heroes to show up only to have Saitama and Genos completely ignore them.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Bybus Slago posted:

It seems very Watchmen-like with exaggerated feats of strength and speed, but with rare actual super powers.

Still looking forward to more of the S-class heroes to show up only to have Saitama and Genos completely ignore them.

Well, I dunno. If you saw someone grab a truck and toss it into the air with one hand it'd still be a superpower, even though nobody's throwing around lasers or psychic powers.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Sorry if this has been asked, is the girl on the credits page a character that shows up eventually?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Relin posted:

Sorry if this has been asked, is the girl on the credits page a character that shows up eventually?

Yes, she is.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

AnonSpore posted:

Well, I dunno. If you saw someone grab a truck and toss it into the air with one hand it'd still be a superpower, even though nobody's throwing around lasers or psychic powers.

It is for us, but if everyone in the world could become that strong just by putting in the effort, maybe not. It's one of those areas where superpowers become kind of iffy to define.

Maybe metahuman abilities is a better term?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

It is for us, but if everyone in the world could become that strong just by putting in the effort, maybe not. It's one of those areas where superpowers become kind of iffy to define.

Maybe metahuman abilities is a better term?

Everyone can't, that's the point. Saitama of course is an aberration, but even excluding him, the S-rankers are all ridiculously powerful beings who can go toe to toe with Demon-class threats. Their powers don't really fall into the category of "you can do it if you try hard enough." Meanwhile C-rankers are basically ordinary people, maybe a bit more fit than usual but nothing even close to superhuman.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I guess I'll need to wait and see the origins of all the S rankers and what their powers actually are and how they got them. Like has been said, it really seems like aside from tech guys like Genos and the two psychic ladies, all the other heroes are just martial artists or well trained but still normal dudes

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Should have been more clear: http://www.mangareader.net/onepunch-man/23/29

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Here:

AgentHaiTo posted:

Has someone already posted this Dangan Tenshi Fan Club one shot?

http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dangan-tenshi-fan-club-r8012

http://www.miraclejump.net/special/

I can't read the second one so I'm not sure what's going on there.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

I guess I'll need to wait and see the origins of all the S rankers and what their powers actually are and how they got them. Like has been said, it really seems like aside from tech guys like Genos and the two psychic ladies, all the other heroes are just martial artists or well trained but still normal dudes

Well, I think where you and I are disagreeing is that I don't think a guy who can, say, punch a hole in a truck is "normal." The only ones who've shown that sort of ability have been the S rankers.

Oh, her. (don't read those translations)

Horrendous translations aside, she's from a oneshot done by the same writer/artist combo as Onepunch-Man. Here: http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dangan-tenshi-fan-club-r8012

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

Well, I think where you and I are disagreeing is that I don't think a guy who can, say, punch a hole in a truck is "normal." The only ones who've shown that sort of ability have been the S rankers.
They are definitely not "normal", but there's a difference between using their abnormal muscles to move their body parts with enough force to cause a hole in a truck, and just straight-up winding a fan monster to :airquote: death :airquote: with your... mind powers or whatever.

EDIT: Specifically that the first is a thing human bodies can do, but at a level of performance they can't in reality, while the second is a thing human bodies straight up can't do.

... Cyborgs like Genos are in a bit of a grey area here.

Zereth fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 7, 2013

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Ah, alright. In that case, yeah, a lot of the S rankers are "dude who can hit you really hard." Some of them aren't, though, so I think you'll find it's a nice balance. When Murata finally gets to them. Which will be... I dunno, around 2 years from now if his current pace is any indication.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Ah, alright. In that case, yeah, a lot of the S rankers are "dude who can hit you really hard." Some of them aren't, though, so I think you'll find it's a nice balance. When Murata finally gets to them. Which will be... I dunno, around 2 years from now if his current pace is any indication.

There's that much content? drat.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Well, there's 88 chapters out and counting.

Murata updates at a pace of (nominally) 2 weeks per chapter, sometimes splitting one of ONE's chapters into two, so if we assume that he covers 20 of ONE's chapters per year, that's still around a year and a half until the first scene where S rankers actually do something major.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
That sort of thing is really what I meant by metahuman. Someone shooting eye lasers, like Cyclops is clearly a metahuman thing, it's an explicit superpower. People like Shang Chi or Lex luthor or Lady Shiva still have abilities way beyond any normal person, but they don't have superpowers, they are just "ordinary" humans.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Murata updates at a pace of (nominally) 2 weeks per chapter, sometimes splitting one of ONE's chapters into two, so if we assume that he covers 20 of ONE's chapters per year, that's still around a year and a half until the first scene where S rankers actually do something major.

I don't know if I should wait or read the original (if it's translated).

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

PaganGoatPants posted:

I don't know if I should wait or read the original (if it's translated).

Let me help you with that decision: It's not translated.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Okay, Dangan Tenshi Fan Club is pretty amazing and everyone should read it, if only for the protagonist's (not the girl's) reactions to everything that happens. Pretty much all of them make me smile. Thanks for linking it, it really makes me hope this duo continues cranking out stuff alongside/after Onepunch-Man.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hope I am not the only one kind terrified by the page close up of Sonic smiling in chapter 14 :gonk:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Now i want to see a cartoon of Sonic and Saitama doing the football gag from Peanuts, but with Saitama Brown actually punching the ball out of orbit. :allears:

Or an "The Ninja is in" booth.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Unlucky7 posted:

I hope I am not the only one kind terrified by the page close up of Sonic smiling in chapter 14 :gonk:

How could you possibly be scared of that gleeful, child-like smile?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

AnonSpore posted:

So wait, most chapters haven't even been translated yet?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So wait, most chapters haven't even been translated yet?

88 chapters of the original webcomic that looks like a child drew it.

Everything redrawn is translated and scanned.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

88 chapters of the original webcomic that looks like a child drew it.

Everything redrawn is translated and scanned.

Was he taking notes from Yoshihiro Togashi?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Was he taking notes from Yoshihiro Togashi?

Please read the loving OP. You're sounding like a complete moron by not doing so.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012

advokat posted:

Okay, Dangan Tenshi Fan Club is pretty amazing and everyone should read it, if only for the protagonist's (not the girl's) reactions to everything that happens. Pretty much all of them make me smile. Thanks for linking it, it really makes me hope this duo continues cranking out stuff alongside/after Onepunch-Man.

This guy speaks the truth.

Best one-shot i've ever seen. Also, " I always thought that i would get scouted one day. But i never expected to surpass showbiz and get scouted by Heaven." :smuggo:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Onepunch Man: The only manga so well animated you can make a music video out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zorak posted:

Please read the loving OP. You're sounding like a complete moron by not doing so.

Oh, I had never heard of this before the redrawn version, so I assumed that it was entirely Murata's work.