Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Vomik posted:

poo poo sorry I had already sent it to devoree with a note necromancer for horkos. I can try to get another set to send if it's too annoying.

No worries, he's still near a bank so I can put them in the shared now. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Devoree on Test? Not seeing any just yet - although I do see a set of silk from Lasombr. Is there a delay on parcels?

Double edit: Oh, sorry getting people mixed up. This is you. Horkos for the necro stuff tomorrow.

Third edit:

acumen posted:

edit: I just bought a bunch of bard abstruse which I realized after a few pieces was by you. Did I just steal someone else's stuff? If not then my bard is good to go now I guess.

When I have extra remnants I slam it into a random class and put it on the bazaar for cheap - forgot that I had that bard stuff on the bazaar alt - happy coincidence!

Devor fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Devor posted:

No worries, he's still near a bank so I can put them in the shared now. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Devoree on Test? Not seeing any just yet - although I do see a set of silk from Lasombr. Is there a delay on parcels?

Double edit: Oh, sorry getting people mixed up. This is you. Horkos for the necro stuff tomorrow.

Does anyone have a Shaman chest piece that a lvl 60ish could use on Test (or copyable)? I've been looking for an Elaborate (or even Intricate...or Flawed) defiant forever, and theres never any in the Bazaar on Test (Or on Zek), and my Shaman (Larrye) is still wearing his Test Shaman chest.

I know you guys are being super generous with the higher end gear, but I'm not really powering through the game, just logging on every couple of days and burning through Lesson. I think I'm going to stop at 65 and just putz around old zones for a bit, but I want to gear up a little bit.

Also, what's the differences between the mage pets at 61-65? I know the fire pet is a wizard, but I'm not sure if the Water and Air ones are monks or rogues...even more confusing with the new weapon summons each level.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Medullah posted:

Does anyone have a Shaman chest piece that a lvl 60ish could use on Test (or copyable)? I've been looking for an Elaborate (or even Intricate...or Flawed) defiant forever, and theres never any in the Bazaar on Test (Or on Zek), and my Shaman (Larrye) is still wearing his Test Shaman chest.

I know you guys are being super generous with the higher end gear, but I'm not really powering through the game, just logging on every couple of days and burning through Lesson. I think I'm going to stop at 65 and just putz around old zones for a bit, but I want to gear up a little bit.

Also, what's the differences between the mage pets at 61-65? I know the fire pet is a wizard, but I'm not sure if the Water and Air ones are monks or rogues...even more confusing with the new weapon summons each level.

Generally mages use the air pet. I think the guild bank has a bunch of defiant if not one of my alts might so send lasombr a tell and I'll check tomorrow.

Devor posted:

Thanks a lot for making the set for me.

Picnic Lunch
May 1, 2006

Damn tailgaters
Biscuit Hider

Medullah posted:

Air pets are the monk class, they gain access to a stun that pretty useful but it only works on mobs 5 levels higher than them I think. Water pets are the rogue class and if you give them weapons they can backstab from the front and have a slightly higher dps than air pets. The fire pet isn't worth it at all at lower levels and don't seem to benefit much from pet foci from what I've read about them. At higher levels they can do some good damage though as long as you get them in melee range.

In the end though you will probably end up using the air pet 95% of the time. The stun is really good and helps the tank and the dps difference is not very noticeable.

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby

Vomik posted:

When I get a chance to copy over I can send you full abstruse, hammer of greatness, and a 1h/shield for 80. I think I have a couple rings and a range item too. The rest you can buy with dream motes.
Thanks so much! I will check later tonight. :)

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Does anyone have a weapon of really any kind my SK could use from 60-80 or so? I copied him over with defiant 2H piercing and 2H slashing weapons that have recommended levels of 60 and they are starting to really fall behind. I'm also about to ditch the tank merc in my 3 box group and have the SK tank full time so it may be time for a 1h + shield combo? My character's name is Zafty if anyone has anything.

Also whenever I do "/who all roost" on test it doesn't return any results and the message is purple instead of white, which I guess indicates it was just doing a zone search rather than serverwide. What's going on here? How can I see who's online to ask for a guild invite?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Andy Dufresne posted:

Does anyone have a weapon of really any kind my SK could use from 60-80 or so? I copied him over with defiant 2H piercing and 2H slashing weapons that have recommended levels of 60 and they are starting to really fall behind. I'm also about to ditch the tank merc in my 3 box group and have the SK tank full time so it may be time for a 1h + shield combo? My character's name is Zafty if anyone has anything.

Also whenever I do "/who all roost" on test it doesn't return any results and the message is purple instead of white, which I guess indicates it was just doing a zone search rather than serverwide. What's going on here? How can I see who's online to ask for a guild invite?

Try /who all "the roost" in quotes. The guild name is <The Roost Gave Me Harpies>. Turned up 17 results for me just now.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Andy Dufresne posted:

Dawnlight Zweihander is a good 56dam/32dly L65Req/75Rec 2hpiercing - unfortunately I don't have one that's unattuned.

I don't think you want to drop the Tank Merc before you hit 80 and have some AAs to help your defense. My SK is pretty fully equipped (but no CA/CS) at Lvl 71, and the Tank Merc still holds aggro way better than me (and automatically picks up adds, saving me headaches), tanks damage WAY more efficiently, and if things do start going to poo poo, you can start running and get a head start while he dies instead of your real character.

Eckson
Feb 7, 2013

Andy Dufresne posted:

Also, pretty easy to get two hander drops in PoW if you don't have one by march. ( hopefully you do )

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=83187

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
93/34 is insane. At this point anything with dmg > delay would be an upgrade.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Perhaps a stupid question, but can I /testcopy over multiple (different) characters per account or is it only one per account? I moved over my main but wanted to bring over an alt.

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007
You can copy over all your dudes, and you can even recopy (to dupe items) characters, every 8 hours. No cooldown between characters.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eckson posted:

Also, pretty easy to get two hander drops in PoW if you don't have one by march. ( hopefully you do )

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=83187

As was vaguely referenced, this only drops during the Anniversary events so it won't be available until mid-late March.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Does anyone have a need for a Pre-Nerf circlet of shadows? Or a Shissar Revenant Bauble?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Comfortador posted:

Does anyone have a need for a Pre-Nerf circlet of shadows? Or a Shissar Revenant Bauble?

Do you mean a Shai'Din Revenant Bauble (that casts Bobbing Corpse)? My SK is 82 and has instant invis AA and Bobbing Corpse, but I have a 52 necromancer named "Zyzykx" on Test who could really use those.

I wanted to thank Loon and crew, as well as that random guy in General who gave me 2 free Murdunk TAs, for once again taking me through the J5 quests. My bard, Syphir, is the only character I have left that needs to unlock J5 mercenaries, so if anyone decides to run through them, I would love to join you. Syphir still needs credit from Murdunk's, but I was able to do the ground spawn quest and the "Hail to the Thralls" quest solo via blatant abuse of Fading Memories, and he has the 4 kill quests (2 frogs, 2 ogres) in his log - I just do not have the firepower with my stable of level 82s to take down the mobs in Korascian Warrens with any safety and efficiency.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Yeah thats what I meant. I'll get them over to you.

edit: sent

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 9, 2013

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

Do you mean a Shai'Din Revenant Bauble (that casts Bobbing Corpse)? My SK is 82 and has instant invis AA and Bobbing Corpse, but I have a 52 necromancer named "Zyzykx" on Test who could really use those.

I wanted to thank Loon and crew, as well as that random guy in General who gave me 2 free Murdunk TAs, for once again taking me through the J5 quests. My bard, Syphir, is the only character I have left that needs to unlock J5 mercenaries, so if anyone decides to run through them, I would love to join you. Syphir still needs credit from Murdunk's, but I was able to do the ground spawn quest and the "Hail to the Thralls" quest solo via blatant abuse of Fading Memories, and he has the 4 kill quests (2 frogs, 2 ogres) in his log - I just do not have the firepower with my stable of level 82s to take down the mobs in Korascian Warrens with any safety and efficiency.

I've got an 84 necro that would love to finish the J5 quest line. I'll be on later tonight as well as tomorrow evening. Shoot Thalyn a /tell in game.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Are there droppable EXP potions that can be traded on test?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Comfortador posted:

Are there droppable EXP potions that can be traded on test?

There are a few potions in /claim that are heirloom, so you can testcopy huge batches and stick them into your bank. They're technically no-drop though, so each account has to testcopy its own.

Putting this link here for my Vanguard bros because this is the only spot I know all of em will see it -- Bigass dungeon guide so we can stop trusting Flare then dying hideously:

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/index.php?threads/vanguard-dungeon-guide-for-group-leaders-and-explorers.164/

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

MrTheDevious posted:

There are a few potions in /claim that are heirloom, so you can testcopy huge batches and stick them into your bank. They're technically no-drop though, so each account has to testcopy its own.

What is the name of it in the claim list? I don't see anything there, I wonder if I already claimed them the last time I was playing or something.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Comfortador posted:

What is the name of it in the claim list? I don't see anything there, I wonder if I already claimed them the last time I was playing or something.

It's only available to very recently created accounts (or maybe some older periods in time) but none of my 4 accounts are the right age to have them claimable.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Is it possible this is it, the "Gift of Legacies Lost"? It shows count 999 on the left and 1 on the right, so I'm not sure which is accurate. But I looked it up and it says it summons a satchel that contains 10 potion of adventure, among other things.

Edit: Attachment didn't work.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda

MrTheDevious posted:

Putting this link here for my Vanguard bros because this is the only spot I know all of em will see it -- Bigass dungeon guide so we can stop trusting Flare then dying hideously:

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/index.php?threads/vanguard-dungeon-guide-for-group-leaders-and-explorers.164/

Hey, I just give you options and you pick a name.

http://wiki.aradrin.net/index.php5?title=List_of_Dungeons

That's another good list, although the level range on some of 'em is off.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Flarestar posted:

Hey, I just give you options and you pick a name.

Your options are one step above the options I get in CYOA books in terms of ways to die.

edit: But then we get to see things happen like, "I don't think you can die from poison!" *flops over*

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

revenance posted:

Your options are one step above the options I get in CYOA books in terms of ways to die.

edit: But then we get to see things happen like, "I don't think you can die from poison!" *flops over*

Lets not forget forcing your horse off a cliff into the middle of a train we knew was there because we'd just wiped to it :v:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Sand Monster posted:

Is it possible this is it, the "Gift of Legacies Lost"? It shows count 999 on the left and 1 on the right, so I'm not sure which is accurate. But I looked it up and it says it summons a satchel that contains 10 potion of adventure, among other things.

Edit: Attachment didn't work.

Pretty certain that those potions are No Drop, not Heirloom. The one mentioned before was only 1, if I recall correctly. And with 999 claimable, it would be easier to just make an alt on test, claim it, and put it in the bank, and not worry about testcopying. So that's not the right claim.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
You're looking for a Bottle of Hastened Adventure III, which is +50% XP for 30 minutes and nodrop/heirloom. Claim it on live on a free race/class and testcopy it, then put it in the shared bank on test for your character to pick up.

MrTheDevious posted:

Lets not forget forcing your horse off a cliff into the middle of a train we knew was there because we'd just wiped to it :v:

No no, forcing your horse off a cliff *over* the train we knew was there because we had just wiped to it, agroing *more* stuff, *then* running it back.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I don't have any available slots, bleh. Don't want to pay gold just for that.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

revenance posted:

Look buddy it was real close there, I only had to wait 2 minutes for it.

quote:

No no, forcing your horse off a cliff *over* the train we knew was there because we had just wiped to it, agroing *more* stuff, *then* running it back.

You want A-Team, you got A-Team. :c00lbert:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

The important thing is that, unlike Thursday night, we actually gained xp overall instead of ending up worse than when we started

VenimeuxHaine
Mar 22, 2012
Couldn't you make a new character on a different server to get around the no more slots problem?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Anyone else having login issues?

Edit: Nevermind, seems to have fixed itself. What kind of hosed up authentication system defaults to a "banned" message when it's having issues?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

VenimeuxHaine posted:

Couldn't you make a new character on a different server to get around the no more slots problem?

Haha holy poo poo I'm an idiot. Yeah I can try that. :)

edit: I made a new char and this is my claim window:

Am I missing something? Do I have to turn in the guild letter or anything silly like that before being eligible?

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 11, 2013

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda

revenance posted:

Yup. Welcome to Vanguard.

Basically there's like ten dungeons that have been run into the ground by the playerbase and are thus heavily tested and optimized. Then there's the other 80-ish, that have hardly been touched, and are in most ways a lot cooler. But also full of bugs, weird poo poo, and comedic opportunities for death. I'm actually including the boring ones in the options I give you guys, for what that's worth.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Comfortador posted:

Haha holy poo poo I'm an idiot. Yeah I can try that. :)

edit: I made a new char and this is my claim window:

Am I missing something? Do I have to turn in the guild letter or anything silly like that before being eligible?

Like I said previously, you would only have the heirloom xp potion if it's a very recently created account, like since EQ went F2P perhaps? Since you have the Verdant Hedgerow Leaf (which I think was the HoT reward?) it looks like your account is pretty old.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Thats weird though because one of my test characters has some of those potions (The heirloom ones) but I can't find where the hell they came from because I don't see them on the live servers anywhere.

BAH!

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 11, 2013

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Devor posted:

Like I said previously, you would only have the heirloom xp potion if it's a very recently created account, like since EQ went F2P perhaps? Since you have the Verdant Hedgerow Leaf (which I think was the HoT reward?) it looks like your account is pretty old.
My ancient accounts got the Heirloom XP potion, as well as some that I had had Gold after F2P.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Found a pleasant surprise on an old RAF account of mine - went to the character creation screen on a regular server and it had the option for a one-time creation of a level 51 character with 50 AAs - and this wasn't a special server.

Nice way to kick start a new character !

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I think you also get a bunch of claim rewards when you buy the latest expansion. Not just the things from that expansion, but the really old ones as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Pilsner posted:

My ancient accounts got the Heirloom XP potion, as well as some that I had had Gold after F2P.

I checked on this exact thing a few days ago. Every single one of my accounts has the heirloom pots /claim, including one from 1999, one from before F2P, ones after F2P, and ones I've just made in the last two weeks. The newer accounts, though, did NOT have the potions in /claim on Test server. They only showed up when I logged a character into a Live server. If you're just looking on Test, I'd imagine yours will show up on Live too.