Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

God drat, y'all are some bitter nerds in here.

Sorry I think you mean "e-terrorists"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Anyone on right now on 360? I keep getting owned by stalkers in Highlands Outwash. GT: Flexible Ethics

Also, is there any kind of metatag for this game? I'm so tired and bored playing it alone. Anyone on 360 feel free to friend me.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 9, 2013

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
I think the problem for me is a lot more why the gently caress do we care about balance in a game with no competitive multiplayer. And I know that it won't crash when you do ridiculous poo poo because a bunch of people I know have hacked saves that get all the skill points in all the trees, and the worst thing that happens is framerate issues occasionally.

This whole controversy is because they don't want to change a trivially easy to change number. Whether this is because they don't want to affect the balance in a game where balance is meaningless or they really care about frame rates a whole lot is speculation. If that's too "bitter" then too bad.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Hell you don't even need to hack to get skill points in all the trees. All you need is a guest account and some profile fiddling.

e: Somebody made a youtube of how to do it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFsMzbwa4Ww

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 9, 2013

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Medicinal Penguin posted:

I think the problem for me is a lot more why the gently caress do we care about balance in a game with no competitive multiplayer. And I know that it won't crash when you do ridiculous poo poo because a bunch of people I know have hacked saves that get all the skill points in all the trees, and the worst thing that happens is framerate issues occasionally.

This whole controversy is because they don't want to change a trivially easy to change number. Whether this is because they don't want to affect the balance in a game where balance is meaningless or they really care about frame rates a whole lot is speculation. If that's too "bitter" then too bad.

Game balance isn't the exclusive domain of competitive multiplayer games. Many people find a game more enjoyable where there a certain level of challenge. It's easy to lose interest when you turn on god mode and just sail through a bunch of content. The difficulty leads to increased replay value with is a commonly desired trait in games. Risk, challenge, and overcoming that challenge is very popular in our modern society and doesn't always require competition. On the other hand, if they had left the Bee shield as it was then people would complain about how the game is too easy, too short, and that all but one of the millions of guns were useless.

There is no controversy about changing the level cap, it's going to happen but they need time. The controversy is coming from people jumping to conclusions and making false claims.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

God drat, y'all are some bitter nerds in here. "We want a level cap increase!" "Okay, we're working on it, but it's gonna be a bit because it's difficult to balance and also not crash your game" "gently caress YOU YOU SUCK!" Also this

Given that there are already level 51+ people running around with skill points to match on all three platforms, his hand-wringing bullshit holds like... no water. At all.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Given that there are already level 51+ people running around with skill points to match on all three platforms, his hand-wringing bullshit holds like... no water. At all.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And knowing that DLC schedules for modern games are planned out well in advance and built on foundations laid in the shipped disc, encountering completely unexpected issues in an upgrade the engineering team must have been able to anticipate means it's very likely someone hosed up.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
How do you do the power level thing with a 2nd controller in split screen? Is there a good tutorial online somewhere?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Winkie01 posted:

How do you do the power level thing with a 2nd controller in split screen? Is there a good tutorial online somewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFsMzbwa4Ww

Or

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/skill-point-glitch-fill-your-skill-trees.793742/

If you attempt this make sure to back up your account.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I was farming Voracidious the Stalker, and one of the drops consisted of the Alkaline Mistress, Trigger Pull, Medic Mantis, and Marshall Mustache heads. I don't know the odds of that happening, but I'd be willing to dupe some stuff if anyone's direly in need of new faces. If you're looking for some free purples, I've got those too.

e: Make that new faces that aren't the Alkaline Mistress; I didn't think that one isn't terribly hard to get, so I gave it to Nom straight-up.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 10, 2013

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Father Wendigo posted:

I was farming Voracidious the Stalker, and one of the drops consisted of the Alkaline Mistress, Trigger Pull, Medic Mantis, and Marshall Mustache heads. I don't know the odds of that happening, but I'd be willing to dupe some stuff if anyone's direly in need of new faces. If you're looking for some free purples, I've got those too.

e: Make that new faces that aren't the Alkaline Mistress; I didn't think that one isn't terribly hard to get, so I gave it to Nom straight-up.

I would love trigger pull and mantis, whats your gt, again? I feel like I've traded with you before, but I can't recall.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Father Wendigo posted:

I'd definitely love to get those!
GT: Flexible Ethics

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

KidKrampus posted:

I would love trigger pull and mantis, whats your gt, again? I feel like I've traded with you before, but I can't recall.

Same as my forums name, down to the space.

What times/timezones are you two usually on?

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat
it took many many runs through the fridge, but Rakkman finally dropped a level 50 gunnerang. Still looking for a skullmasher, a transformer shield, and a quasar grenade mode, if anybody's got them. I have boatloads of legandaries i can dupe if that sweetens the deal in any way.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm on West coast and I'm usually on weekends, or tues/thurs nights.

Also, Mirthalac, I can totally hook you up with a skullsmasher and quasar grenade.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

mirthalac posted:

it took many many runs through the fridge, but Rakkman finally dropped a level 50 gunnerang. Still looking for a skullmasher, a transformer shield, and a quasar grenade mode, if anybody's got them. I have boatloads of legandaries i can dupe if that sweetens the deal in any way.
I've got a quasar. It's my favourite grenade mod. I might have a skullsmasher. I just stash my sniper rifles to be honest.

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat

KidKrampus posted:

I'm on West coast and I'm usually on weekends, or tues/thurs nights.

Also, Mirthalac, I can totally hook you up with a skullsmasher and quasar grenade.

xbox live handle is also mirthalac.

on right now. away at the moment, but on.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm on Eastern time, and usually on at least once a day. I'll probably be playing tonight.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Kid Krampus is the dude with all the heads? I'm on PST on XBL as well, let's be shootin' buddies. GT is my forums name, space included.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I'd love heads as well. I think some people in this thread can confirm that I'll dupe whatever you want, and that I have a lot of stuff. I may need to go find out which character it's on first though. While I have characters for all the types I haven't quite made it to fully organizing everything.

gt: arkitekt4k I'm on at different times, but live in CST and generally play in the evenings til 1am or so.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Ah, the game that I have gotten countless hours of playtime out of (I should really just stop) has caused me some minor frustrations, and now I will whine about them.

Hammerlock DLC boss: Jackenstein is impossible! To me. I can get to the shootmeinthechest phase but can't really do enough damage until I get killed. Watching youtubes of people kill him it seems like my gear is all terrible, it takes me a few minutes of running around to kill the 2 barrels on his back, then shots don't do much at all when his chest opens up. I am on TVHM and hit 50 doing the DLCs, though I haven't done most of the main quest (not on playthrough 2.5). Oh I'm a melee assassin, I can usually kill groups of 50's without leaving hologram-mode or whatever with crazy melee damage and a +200% weapon, but bosses can be a problem and I can't seem to live long enough to land an execute on jackenstein's chest when it opens up.

So after being destroyed I thought hey I will go buy a nice level 50 torgue gun since I saved up enough tokens doing the bar brawl. All the torgue machines are giving level 45ish weapons. And there's no more torgue quests for me to do. I finished the all the non-repeatable torgue campaign missions at 45 or 46, am I screwed out of getting 50 weapons from the machine? At least the hammerlock missions are level 50 and giving level 50 items, is there any way to get torgue to 'scale?' My main quest is at 36 or so, I am assuming that will scale up once I complete the current mission and move on. I got a bunch of level 50 weapons from shift keys but they are kindof meh.

edit: spoiler, I guess?

Infinotize fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 11, 2013

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

OK now I am pretty sure I just broke the game entirely. I left the main quest in TVHM at level 36 during Hunting the Firehawk. I couldn't handle badass psychos in the battle where you find lilith in the console room, so I left without completing it. There is no way to get back in that chamber. I guess I could join someone else's game who is in that area on TVHM but at level 50 it doesn't find any acceptable matches. blahhhhhh

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Infinotize posted:

Ah, the game that I have gotten countless hours of playtime out of (I should really just stop) has caused me some minor frustrations, and now I will whine about them.

Hammerlock DLC boss: Jackenstein is impossible! To me. I can get to the shootmeinthechest phase but can't really do enough damage until I get killed. Watching youtubes of people kill him it seems like my gear is all terrible, it takes me a few minutes of running around to kill the 2 barrels on his back, then shots don't do much at all when his chest opens up. I am on TVHM and hit 50 doing the DLCs, though I haven't done most of the main quest (not on playthrough 2.5). Oh I'm a melee assassin, I can usually kill groups of 50's without leaving hologram-mode or whatever with crazy melee damage and a +200% weapon, but bosses can be a problem and I can't seem to live long enough to land an execute on jackenstein's chest when it opens up.

So after being destroyed I thought hey I will go buy a nice level 50 torgue gun since I saved up enough tokens doing the bar brawl. All the torgue machines are giving level 45ish weapons. And there's no more torgue quests for me to do. I finished the all the non-repeatable torgue campaign missions at 45 or 46, am I screwed out of getting 50 weapons from the machine? At least the hammerlock missions are level 50 and giving level 50 items, is there any way to get torgue to 'scale?' My main quest is at 36 or so, I am assuming that will scale up once I complete the current mission and move on. I got a bunch of level 50 weapons from shift keys but they are kindof meh.

Do you have a Lady Fist? Because that gun makes him trivially easy, like one second of direct fire to the chest will take him out.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Infinotize posted:

Hammerlock DLC boss: Jackenstein is impossible! To me.

What's your GT? I'll help you roll the dude and throw some guns your way.

Also, I've been notified that those heads weren't dropped by Voracidious, but by forums user brickswereshat. My bad, my droog; in my defense I was probably distracted by the haphazard Piņata-Explosion pattern of crap Voracidious left from the past few times I blasted him.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

RageBeef posted:

Do you have a Lady Fist? Because that gun makes him trivially easy, like one second of direct fire to the chest will take him out.

Hmmm nope, I don't have any named gear since I hit 50, just some greens and stuff out of the shift key chest.

Father Wendigo posted:

What's your GT? I'll help you roll the dude and throw some guns your way. .

I'm on PS3 as 'bikezilla'.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

10 Beers posted:

I'm on Eastern time, and usually on at least once a day. I'll probably be playing tonight.
I'm on now, ding me if you get on.

Infinotize posted:

I'm on PS3 as 'bikezilla'.
Ah, my apologies. I'm on 360. :(

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Does anyone have a Hive, preferably corrosive they'd be willing to dupe? I have lots and lots to trade. gt: arkitekt4k

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Father Wendigo posted:

Ah, my apologies. I'm on 360. :(

No worries thanks anyway!

Actually at least got myself out of being stuck in the main quest, though it looks like levels are fixed, but I will be able to breeze through the mains in PT2 and get to 2.5 and get some better stuff.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Is it possible to get a Hoplite with shock immunity? I checked the vender last night maybe 30 times and I rarely so ones with Explosive reduction/immunity.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Latest round of Hotfixes making the rounds for all 3 platforms :
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1004/borderlands-2-hot-fixes--2-12

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
February 12, 2013
Mechromancer's Prodigy class mod now correctly increases reload speed.
Seraph Gear from Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC re-balanced to be more powerful.
Sir Hammerlock DLC: Arizona no longer refuses to spawn if players are too far away.

I'd be interested to see what the Seraph Gear changes are.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I'm just dicking around watching Archer, but I'm totally down to destroy bad dudes. GT: Flexible Ethics on 360.

Something else, is it worth it for a level 40 to try to farm any items from raid bosses? I haven't fought any of them, and it would be fun to try with a group, or tag along with other higher ranked folks. Anyone trying to kill some raid bosses?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MoreMetalBrian posted:

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1004/borderlands-2-hot-fixes--2-12

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
February 12, 2013
Seraph Gear from Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC re-balanced to be more powerful.
Sir Hammerlock DLC: Arizona no longer refuses to spawn if players are too far away.

Are these live now? I can take a look, assuming shields and relics also count. The only seraph weapon I have from the first 2 DLCs is the meteor shower. But for everything else, I have the Punchee, Big Boom Blaster, Evolution, and Might/Blood of the Seraphs.

edit: I'm stupid. At first glance I thought it said only Seraph weapons got buffed, so I assumed it didn't do accessories.

Speedboat Jones fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 12, 2013

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
February 12, 2013

It seems like I can no longer farm Pete the Invincible in Torgue DLC. It caps me at one kill per day apparently now, never had that happen before.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

They really should take those timers off, otherwise is makes farming seraph more of a pain than it's worth considering none of the stuff from the vendor are game shattering items. The interfacer is kind of cool though.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Anyone on 360 wanna help me kill a couple of quest bosses real fast? The thresher that eats the fast travel link and the constructor that guards the door. The constructor just constantly kicks my rear end, has cost me about 200,000 credits in respawn fees so far. GT: Flexible Ethics.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Anybody have a TumTum Trespasser or Fire Kitten they wouldn't mind duping for me? 360: kr0jar

edit: Fire Sandhawk also

The Duke fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 13, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

I'm starting up a Siren, and running through the mandatory ice level a third time is kind of tiring. Does anyone have any early nice single digit gear they'd be willing to share? I'd be willing to offer stuff from my other accounts to make up for the inconvenience.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Just bought the season pass a couple nights ago and really the only thing I have to say about any of this is TORGUE IS loving AWESOME EXPLOSION NOISE HERE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I want to make that bit about the shark wearing a bolo tie my ringtone.

• Locked thread