Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21386881
Really good, in-depth interview with SAF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
If you have 22 minutes you deserve to watch this compilation of all 47 goals Ronaldo scored during his first and only season at Barca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9zVXJSUqgY

Perfect combination between power and skill, I specially liked the last goal he scored for Barca.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

El Hefe posted:

If you have 22 minutes you deserve to watch this compilation of all 47 goals Ronaldo scored during his first and only season at Barca.

Perfect combination between power and skill, I specially liked the last goal he scored for Barca.

Mourinho at 1:30 haha

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Fernando Couto, Abel Xavier, Nuno Capucho and Luís Figo #yoloswag

mikewozere
Jun 2, 2008

Aiiiii
This is the problem with having far too much money. You have to spend it on ludicrously expensive clothing which usually looks loving mental.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Haha, the Portuguese team always look like the worst boy band ever.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Couto looks nice though.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

KoldPT posted:

This can't be real.

Can it? :ohdear:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Dunban posted:

This can't be real.

Can it? :ohdear:

It's almost certainly real. The only pretty boy missing from that generation is Baía, and he tends to be on the classy side.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I miss the old Commodore 64 loading screens.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4cpOpvoWgM

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

Couto looks nice though.

What you're missing is that he has a sweater tied around his waist, suburban mom style.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vinestalk posted:

What you're missing is that he has a sweater tied around his waist, suburban mom style.

Ahahaha, I posted that from my phone so I couldn't see it. I also thought Xavier was Cisse for a second as well.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Journalism :psyduck:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

KoldPT posted:

This looks like a scene from zoolander or something.

Didion
Mar 16, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

This looks like a scene from zoolander or something.

Thoolander

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Owns.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

El Hefe posted:

The way he just runs straight through multiple players is ridiculous.

edit: loving the straight 90s soundtrack

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Feb 10, 2013

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

are you thick? He does want protection for him, he doesn't want special protection. The headline is perfectly accurate.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

KoldPT posted:

Couto looks like someone shopped Messi's face onto Kurt Russel.

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!

El Hefe posted:

Mourinho's hair back then :allears:

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Party in the UAE posted:

are you thick? He does want protection for him, he doesn't want special protection. The headline is perfectly accurate.

He states he wants a foul to be called as a foul and nothing more. Saying you want a referee to do their job as required isn't quite the same as asking for protection for Wilshere.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Wilshere owns but it's other players that need protecting from him. Nastiest tackler Arsenal have had in ages.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Machinegunboyo posted:

He states he wants a foul to be called as a foul and nothing more. Saying you want a referee to do their job as required isn't quite the same as asking for protection for Wilshere.

Tbf I can understand where he was coming from yesterday. Carl Jenkinson made two fouls and got a yellow for both, and rightly so. Wilshere was kicked around the pitch all match like he is every week with not a lot given for it (except from Cattermoles yellow after 80 seconds). Like with Ronaldo, Bale, Silva, Fabregas, Van Persie, Suarez etc it seems that the bar is set higher for fouls on the best players who can't be stopped with conventional methods. And that's why they start with diving theatrics. There doesn't seem to be any consistency in the refereeing.

Wenger and Ferguson have moaned about it for ages, and I agree with them tbh.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Arsenal fans reaction to Olivier Giroud's missed opportunity to put Arsenal 2-0 up.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

El Hefe posted:

They used to say that when Bradman faced a delivery he had twice as many shots to choose from than mere mortals. Ronaldo was the same, it's not simply shot into the corner or drag past the keeper etc etc it's score with my cock, chip keeper from spot, de-materialise in own half then appear on far post.

The best striker ever, full stop.

Also, if you know want to know why the British are so superior about everything, then listen to the music that FC Barcelona considered to be a fitting tribute to a club Legend. Nothing says Ronaldo like Alanis Morrisette fading into Smashmouth.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Saint Etienne and Montpellier got out the orange ball yesterday.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

DickEmery posted:

They used to say that when Bradman faced a delivery he had twice as many shots to choose from than mere mortals. Ronaldo was the same, it's not simply shot into the corner or drag past the keeper etc etc it's score with my cock, chip keeper from spot, de-materialise in own half then appear on far post.

It's amazing to think he's considered the best striker ever even with two of his legs blowing up. I wonder how many records he would've broken if that never happened.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21317541

scotland.avi

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Hardflip posted:

It's amazing to think he's considered the best striker ever even with two of his legs blowing up. I wonder how many records he would've broken if that never happened.

he scored 48 goals at age 19. Messi/Cronaldo/RVP/Falcao/Ibra scored like 10 per season at that age.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Haha, a guy takes a flying kick straight in the stomach and the ref doesn't even notice.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Ivan Trickovski doing some expert punditry on his goal.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW

DickEmery posted:

Also, if you know want to know why the British are so superior about everything, then listen to the music that FC Barcelona considered to be a fitting tribute to a club Legend. Nothing says Ronaldo like Alanis Morrisette fading into Smashmouth.

The Valencia game :hellyeah:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
A new mural in Naples

Which compliments the artist's previous one

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

trem_two posted:

A new mural in Naples

bit flattering, this.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ravel posted:

he scored 48 goals at age 19. Messi/Cronaldo/RVP/Falcao/Ibra scored like 10 per season at that age.

unfortunately it was probably that early success (and not having a strong agent/manager to shield him) that ended up destroying him. Nike got their claws in and never let go, even forcing him to play in the World Cup final less than 24 hours after he had a massive fit (and of course forcing Brazil to play him, that's how much power they had). He got played when carrying injuries way too often and that's what led to him breaking down mentally and physically.

If he'd have ended up playing for someone like Fergie then he'd probably still be at the top now, and maybe challenging Pele's goals record rather than Maradona's weight record.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Ronaldo's earlier career was certainly interesting. I'd love to know the truth about the Nike/WC final story. Also about the allegations that his hosed knees were caused by steroid use.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wasn't there an article recently that claimed Ronaldo suffered a heart attack the night before the WC final? So yeah, he probably shouldn't have played if that was the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scienide
Sep 29, 2006

Gunplay...
Re: Ronaldo

Old Guardian article about it

• Locked thread