Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Thanks for this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Added to the list

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 9, 2013

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

So I'm using the Asymetrical HD lockscreen, but I don't get notifications on the lockscreen anymore. Is this what they meant with the html notification bug? I can live with it since bitesms has the statusbar icon for texts, but would rather have notifications shown.

I had the same thing with Typophone 4 on my phone. Apparently iOS 6 has a problem with notifications on custom lockscreens. I went with bulletin + opennotifier for my fix.

But yeah, pretty sure thats normal.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Walked posted:

Debating AutoProtect but I've heard a lot of indications its a bit of a battery hog and I'd rather just type my password than crush my battery.
I have CleverPin and I haven't noticed much of a battery drain at all. Unless it's architected all that differently I cant seeing it being too big a culprit.

I could be more forgiving of battery drain since I have like 50 apps installed.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Walked posted:

I had the same thing with Typophone 4 on my phone. Apparently iOS 6 has a problem with notifications on custom lockscreens. I went with bulletin + opennotifier for my fix.

But yeah, pretty sure thats normal.

OpenNotifier is compatible with ios6?

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

adm posted:

OpenNotifier is compatible with ios6?

Works fine here!

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

okay, I'm a first time iPhone owner trying to jailbreak for the first time. I backed up my phone on icloud, cleared my content/settings, fired up evasi0n, but my phone doesn't show up, and the jailbreak button is grayed out. Is this a common occurrence with an easy fix or should I just restore my backup?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Can someone explain using the terminal script in the 2nd post when wanting to backup your jailbroken phone before upgrading in order to jailbreak again?

frumpsnake
Jan 30, 2001

The sad part is, he wasn't always evil.

uh zip zoom posted:

okay, I'm a first time iPhone owner trying to jailbreak for the first time. I backed up my phone on icloud, cleared my content/settings, fired up evasi0n, but my phone doesn't show up, and the jailbreak button is grayed out. Is this a common occurrence with an easy fix or should I just restore my backup?

Do you have a passcode set?

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

frumpsnake posted:

Do you have a passcode set?

do you mean a password for icloud?

Edit: no I do not.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

uh zip zoom posted:

do you mean a password for icloud?

The passcode you might enter when you swipe to unlock your phone

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Thirst Mutilator posted:

The passcode you might enter when you swipe to unlock your phone

sorry, no I don't.

Milo Pollywalter
Nov 25, 2006

there's a bear going round, taking names
Could also potentially be a password on your iPhone backup, you need to uncheck the 'Encrypt iPhone backup' checkbox in iTunes. Though you should be getting an error message for that when plugging in, so it sounds like you might have another issue. Tried another USB port as well as rebooting?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

uh zip zoom posted:

Are you on iOS 6 or 6.1?

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Kingnothing posted:

Are you on iOS 6 or 6.1?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Is there a jailbreak tweak which makes all email links open up in Gmail and other third-party emails apps as opposed to the stock mail app? I can't find one anywhere. It's the only current flaw I can think of in my iOS usage.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

seems to be working now. Trouble was that I had never installed iTunes on my phone before, so my computer wasn't recognizing the device.

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
EDIT: Welp Fixed it.

just don't have only 22mbs of free space when jailbreaking guys, get organized! Spring Clean that phone.

FarmerHank fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 10, 2013

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Where is more info on this? I've seen this "fix" posted a lot but never once read about the bug anywhere.

I trust the author, but I'd like more details on the issue.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Ack, so trying to delete an appstore app forces my phone to reboot into safe mode. Then I restart the phone to get back to normal, the app is still there. Any ideas? I tried it with two different apps.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Delthalaz posted:

Ack, so trying to delete an appstore app forces my phone to reboot into safe mode. Then I restart the phone to get back to normal, the app is still there. Any ideas? I tried it with two different apps.

Sounds like you have CyDelete installed. Delete it. It doesn't work on 6.x yet.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I ran the cydia update to update the evasion JB package and now my phone won't boot past the apple logo - it sits on it for ages then just goes blank. I don't have appsync or anything of the sort installed.

Am I doing a restore or is this a known issue?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Nam Taf posted:

I ran the cydia update to update the evasion JB package and now my phone won't boot past the apple logo - it sits on it for ages then just goes blank. I don't have appsync or anything of the sort installed.

Am I doing a restore or is this a known issue?

This just happened to me as well, except I updated libstatusbar only.

e: I'm restoring as there doesn't appear to be any way out of this one. I have a feeling this is going to affect a lot of people unless it's caught in time

I tried booting holding volume up and all, nothing worked here

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Feb 10, 2013

arhhhhjay
Feb 4, 2004

adm posted:

This just happened to me as well, except I updated libstatusbar only.

e: I'm restoring as there doesn't appear to be any way out of this one. I have a feeling this is going to affect a lot of people unless it's caught in time

Came here to post this. Updated libstatusbar and it froze on a respring. Tried to reboot and got the same symptoms.

ippon
Nov 16, 2012
If you're frozen after installing libstatusbar or keep getting booted to safe mode go into Cydia > Manage > Packages > Simple > then you should be able to see it and remove it.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Don't update to libstatusbar 0.9.6.1-1

Here's the link to 0.9.6.1 to install manually: http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/debs2.0/libstatusbar_0.9.6.1.deb

Looks like they've caught it and updated to 0.9.6.1-2 now

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Feb 10, 2013

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

gently caress. I'm now waiting for the restore to go through, having lost the last 10 days of my data. Grumble mumble.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Out of curiosity, what does libstatusbar do? I remember having it on 5.1.1 as a dependency for another package, but not on 6.1 and nothing seems to have changed.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anyone able to link to the table of apps' compatability?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

IncendiaC posted:

Out of curiosity, what does libstatusbar do? I remember having it on 5.1.1 as a dependency for another package, but not on 6.1 and nothing seems to have changed.

the "lib____" packages are generic libraries for other packages to use, in order to give some sort of standardised functionality or access to a feature for said package. In the case of libstatusbar, I can only presume it's the set of libraries made to interact with the status bar (the top bar) - maybe to put items there, maybe to change the size/geometry of it, etc.

In my case, I'd imagine that libstatusbar is a dependency for my tweak to make the tether status bar 1 'unit' thick (eg: standard status bar size), rather than the 2 units thick that it becomes when you tether.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
After updateing a re-jailbreaking my iPhone 4 to 6.1 and all the issues I had with iTunes I was hoping that my ipad 3 update would run a little smoother: nope. Still ran into constant iTunes errors and recovery loops. After pissing about for hours with recbot and TU I found an article indicating to delete the Apple host files and that fixed everything.

Everything I had before on 5.1.1 still works but I really miss Cydelete and AlwaysClose. Running the terminal scripts posted in the OP helped to make sure all my Cydia apps were (mostly) installed upon completion.

m0isty
Sep 7, 2007
Never knowingly underfed....

adm posted:

Don't update to libstatusbar 0.9.6.1-1

Here's the link to 0.9.6.1 to install manually: http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/debs2.0/libstatusbar_0.9.6.1.deb

Looks like they've caught it and updated to 0.9.6.1-2 now

Now 0.9.6.1-3

I had updated it to 0.9.6.1-2 a few hours ago but my phone went into a respring/ safe mode loop a couple of minutes ago. Checked in cydia and saw the update, seems to have sorted it so far!

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

m0isty posted:

Now 0.9.6.1-3

I had updated it to 0.9.6.1-2 a few hours ago but my phone went into a respring/ safe mode loop a couple of minutes ago. Checked in cydia and saw the update, seems to have sorted it so far!

I can confirm that libstatusbar 0.9.6.1-3 is good to download.

Downloaded, installed and re-springed (resprung?)/restarted without any incident.

Klowns fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 10, 2013

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

So I finally found a clock application that I really like, sadly Clockify doesn't work apparently for 6.01. Anyone have any suggestions on something similar and simple like it?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Killer Queen posted:

Sounds like you have CyDelete installed. Delete it. It doesn't work on 6.x yet.

Thanks, this fixed it.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

NZP posted:

Anyone able to link to the table of apps' compatability?

Small goon one https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah09Sy6aGB8hdEVaemF1VXRYbXVjY0wyZGdnZThuQUE&authkey=CMmC_5gE&authkey=CMmC_5gE#gid=0

Big one I can't vouch for accuracy
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsxLituOoyr9dGRaMk1YSWxYMk9RWmU3UHBwVWFVYkE#gid=0

do it
Jan 3, 2006

don't tell me words don't matter!
Any 6.1 compatible apps that will hide certain text message threads/block text alerts from certain contacts?

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Didn't BiteSMS used to do this? What happened to that.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

do it posted:

Any 6.1 compatible apps that will hide certain text message threads/block text alerts from certain contacts?

You can block alerts from contacts in iOS by selecting 'None' under alert tones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

do it posted:

iBlacklist works really well and comes with a 7 day trial. After that its $12 though and if you switch devices after a year you have to pay $6 for a license transfer.

• Locked thread