Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
I actually quite like the black and purple one in comparison to the alternate from this year. Not sure if that makes me weird, though. I think the alternate didn't come off this year because the Shankly Gates thing was inspired but executed in a godawful manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Not too surprised if those are real and/or away tops as everything Warrior has done football-wise, kits, shoes, anything has been atrocious with the exception of the home strip, which should be pretty hard to screw up (although Nike has clearly proved that wrong recently with Barca and MUFC).

I mean they literally titled these teal monstrosities the SKREAMER, American marketing at it's finest :patriot::

http://www.warriorfootball.com/boot/skreamer

I guess as long as the home is consistently decent it's not a big deal since I'm guessing the ratio of home jerseys sold vs away/3rd is probably 10:1 anyway.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Certainly if they look like that.

Weirdly I seem to buy more away and goalie jerseys than home, but that's because Chelsea's have a nasty tendency to alternate between "Blue" and "Blue, also hideous".

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

sticksy posted:

Not too surprised if those are real and/or away tops as everything Warrior has done football-wise, kits, shoes, anything has been atrocious with the exception of the home strip, which should be pretty hard to screw up (although Nike has clearly proved that wrong recently with Barca and MUFC).

They managed to make all the Sagan Tosu in the J-League strips look pretty shite

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
They really need to fire the designer who thinks that atrocious collar thing looks good.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

sticksy posted:

I guess as long as the home is consistently decent it's not a big deal since I'm guessing the ratio of home jerseys sold vs away/3rd is probably 10:1 anyway.
Having a class away kit is always wonderful, though, particularly because it might get people who have had the mostly-unchanging home kit to spring for a new one.
I have this thing and love wearing it for pickup games:

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Hoops posted:

I'm saying training top for that weird spiky white one.
I also found Reina in their leaked keeper jersey.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

ayb posted:

Buddy of mine took this at a grocery store tonight

No one told Thomas Gravesen his contract expired :smith:

Also those Liverpool kits...they are so incredibly bad that I think I like them. What the gently caress Warrior?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

No idea if it's real, but there have been a few photos of this shirt from different angles in different places, so would be pretty impressive if it were fake. Not sure how I feel about it...

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheGoatFeeder posted:

No idea if it's real, but there have been a few photos of this shirt from different angles in different places, so would be pretty impressive if it were fake. Not sure how I feel about it...

It's entirely inoffensive? Isn't that what you've been clamoring for?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Shrapnac posted:

It's entirely inoffensive? Isn't that what you've been clamoring for?

Yeah, its fine I guess, it looks bad in other pictures, but alright in that. I just think I was just expecting some monstrosity with the switch to Nike so the simplicity of that was just a surprise. I prefer this years, and last years, but there's nothing offensive about it really.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

another pic doing the rounds. looks fake but fiiine

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Soup and a Sandwich posted:

That's a really nice kit if real.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

That's a lovely kit

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Yeah, its fine I guess, it looks bad in other pictures, but alright in that. I just think I was just expecting some monstrosity with the switch to Nike so the simplicity of that was just a surprise. I prefer this years, and last years, but there's nothing offensive about it really.

It doesn't look like a citrus juice bar or an exercise in gradient fetishism, congrats.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Arsenal shield looks way too big, as does the sponsor. Otherwise it'd be an okay casual shirt.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

If I recall correctly that collar lines up with what the collar on the United shirt looks like so it's probably real. I'm happy about it. Fantastic looking kit.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

The Prisoner posted:

Having a class away kit is always wonderful, though, particularly because it might get people who have had the mostly-unchanging home kit to spring for a new one.
I have this thing and love wearing it for pickup games:

Absolutely agree, I love the last couple of years' Adidas away tops, specifically because they are pretty different from the standard/plain home but still look great.

I just meant more from a kitmaker's standpoint since the reality is that 90% of what's sold and their big moneymaker is the home kit so they HAVE to not gently caress that up.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
If Liverpool was still sponsored by Carlsberg, that black shirt in the post above would easily be my favorite non-Spurs kit.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

sticksy posted:

Absolutely agree, I love the last couple of years' Adidas away tops, specifically because they are pretty different from the standard/plain home but still look great.

I just meant more from a kitmaker's standpoint since the reality is that 90% of what's sold and their big moneymaker is the home kit so they HAVE to not gently caress that up.

Yeah I have those two as well, very nice shirts. I bought this year's home because I think it's a smart shirt, but I can't see myself buying another for a couple of years if they're just going to be slight variations on red polo poo poo + different collar.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Umbro were unsurprisingly the best kitmaker United had.

gently caress we had some nice kits with them.

My favourite away kit:

and one of my favourite home kits, with the Old Trafford watermark:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked the time you guys blamed your horrible away form on grey kits.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Ninpo posted:

Umbro were unsurprisingly the best kitmaker United had.

gently caress we had some nice kits with them.

These are my two favourites and I strill have both of them. Im wearing the top one now, its the only one Ive ever had printed with a players name on. Got it after we made a signing of a fantastic looking player

Oh no

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Taff posted:

These are my two favourites and I strill have both of them. Im wearing the top one now, its the only one Ive ever had printed with a players name on. Got it after we made a signing of a fantastic looking player

Oh no

He didn't do too bad, he just wasn't consistent, sadly. Was amazing at Euro 96. little wonder we bought him.

e: If it helps you feel better, I had Jordi on that same shirt.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
United fans have horrible taste.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Getting a Jordi shirt is much worse than Poborski.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Still remember Poborsky getting applauded off the field when he got sent off against us for Sparta.

He had to keep a straight face rather than start waving gormlessly to the fans and everything.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

onoflalks posted:

They managed to make all the Sagan Tosu in the J-League strips look pretty shite

In fairness that's the same pink and blue that Sagan have been using the last few years. But those kits...woof.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

harperdc posted:

In fairness that's the same pink and blue that Sagan have been using the last few years. But those kits...woof.

They look loving cool to me??? Also the 90s owned and people seem to be being a bit boring????

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Manchester United was an answer on Jeopardy tonight. The category was called "Gingham Style". Even the Jeopardy writers are taking shots at the dishtowel.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

They look loving cool to me??? Also the 90s owned and people seem to be being a bit boring????

The middle 2 are cool, the outer ones not so much, despite the rockin shade of pink. The Liverpool ones own, as do those Man United kits Ninpo posted.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
What's that? You want some more Korean kits? :)

Asian champions Ulsan have these.

Third division Busan Transportation Corporation Football Club have red aways

Gangwon FC add stripes.

Newly formed second division Anyang FC are painting it violet.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Anyang

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NinjaSteve posted:

The middle 2 are cool, the outer ones not so much, despite the rockin shade of pink. The Liverpool ones own, as do those Man United kits Ninpo posted.

the middle two are the away (white) and home (blue) most likely, the other two have GK numbers on them.

I went to two of their games last year. Baby blue and pink. Yep.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 14, 2013

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

Hello?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Just realised that the reason I don't like the Sagan keeper's kits is because they use that same lovely Star Trek collar that Liverpool got.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Annyeonghaseyo!

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Someone should tell those invisible Koreans to pull their loving shorts up.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
Really hope that the rumored LFC away/3rd shirts are fake. It might be funny for the rest of you, but we actually will have to watch those loving things all season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
http://www.passionemaglie.it/2013/02/100-anni-maglia-bianca-genoa-lotto/

Genoa 100 year anniversary kit for next weekend and they are amazing.