Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
... but what about vacuum-controlled pop-up headlights?

I'm kinda surprised Bricklin didn't do hydraulic pop-up headlights. You know, to go with the doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

kastein posted:

I'm kinda surprised Bricklin didn't do hydraulic pop-up headlights. You know, to go with the doors.

Speaking of hydraulics, the windows on the Mercedes-Benz 600 'Grosser' are hydraulic. They go down at a set speed, but their speed going up is determined by how far you push the lever. At full-tilt, closing them is probably the closest thing to a modern guillotine. No safeguards against finger-crushing either.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Krakkles posted:

Oh, and I found this on google. I (no joke) think it's a composite, but it's still pretty.

Amazing how narrow the C4 is compared to the C5

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Someone caught the new rsr out testing and holy poo poo.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

You can barely see my e30 behind the actual cool cars.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

kastein posted:

<insert Fiero joke>

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

The things I'd do to beat the gently caress out of that on the streets daily.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Yup, looks like a Porsche.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

That looks horrible.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DropShadow posted:

That looks horrible.

newmoney.jpg

Bow TIE Fighter
Sep 16, 2007

Our cummerbunds can't repel firepower of that magnitude!

Holy crap this looks crazy. Looks like there's a bunch of teams in Europe.
Here's a drag race championship in Switzerland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3SmL7UZPqw&t=261s

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

amenenema posted:

Yup, looks like a Porsche.

Agreed OP.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I think this fairly well describes the phrase "used in anger"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-4v4I7Gzk0

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I love it when an expensive car is actually used. Suck it, garage-queen Corvettes with 200 miles on them. This motherfucker just took an Enzo out in the mud and did donuts.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
That video was awesome. If you have the money to buy an Enzo I'm sure you can afford the touch-up paint.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Not sure how to embed this... it's well worth clicking the link.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-13/02-11-13page-Rally-Fighter-flips-end-over-end-and-keeps-racing.htm

Rally fighter car rolls end over end after a bad landing. And then keeps racing. With the hood flopping all over the place - so the driver alternately stabs the throttle and brake until it flops around and folds underneath so he can see again.

:black101:

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Not sure how I feel about the stickers and the trying-too-hard vibe I get, but I still have to applaud this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

blk posted:

Not sure how I feel about the stickers and the trying-too-hard vibe I get, but I still have to applaud this:

I dunno, I would like to hang out with that dude. I could see myself being him if I had lived in California and had slightly different life experiences growing up (and read Reddit). I laughed at the bit in the credits where he explained his development routine.

The nice thing about it is, unlike my tremendous rallycross beater Impreza, that thing actually has some grunt. It must be infuriating to get passed by that piece of lumpy poo poo.

I wonder if he kept the recirculating-ball steering that would have been on a 12A FB. I don't remember him saying anything about it - it would certainly explain the terror on turn-in.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 12, 2013

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

blk posted:

so... what happens when you have to open the hood?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

He reminds me of all the kids I tried to avoid in highschool.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

so... what happens when you have to open the hood?

You dump some oil on the body while disconnecting the quick disconnects that were on the hoses?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

blk posted:

I really like that car but the driver comes across as a massive tool. He reminds me of me at age 16, except he's a grown man who should know better. Fantastic car though.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Tusen Takk posted:

He reminds me of all the kids I tried to avoid in highschool.

I'd have a beer with him. That RX-7 is the ultimate in automotive trolling, next to the horribly painted procharged Corvette.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Oh, your child has just started walking? Mine can do the quarter mile in under 7 seconds.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

blk posted:

that guy need to drive my truck when its done.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

blk posted:

Listening to him rattle off the parts he's got on it, what he's done to it etc. etc., it's obvious that he's a total car :spergin:

You may not agree with the end result, but the process and dedication is pure AI.

E: And I have to say, the cheapo multimeter fuel gauge is awesome.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 12, 2013

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

I kind of cringed when the kid was all 'yeah I didn't want to figure out resistances and all that poo poo' cause the sperg portion of my brain was going nuts, but whatever. It's his car, if you don't like it, build your own loving rx-7.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Stopped watching when I saw the bear.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I dig the build, a lot. It's well thought out (performance-wise, anyways) and for being a rusty turd it's pretty cool, but it looks like it's terrifying to drive thanks to that steering, and the whole "my car trolled your car in real life" attitude he has probably nets him way more tickets than he'd like to admit.

Honestly though if I wanted to "troll" people as I drove by them I'd rather drive slow in a Prius covered in eco-stickers and make faces at SUV's and pickups.

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH

Tusen Takk posted:

I dig the build, a lot. It's well thought out (performance-wise, anyways) and for being a rusty turd it's pretty cool, but it looks like it's terrifying to drive thanks to that steering, and the whole "my car trolled your car in real life" attitude he has probably nets him way more tickets than he'd like to admit.

Honestly though if I wanted to "troll" people as I drove by them I'd rather drive slow in a Prius covered in eco-stickers and make faces at SUV's and pickups.

I like the idea of the car, its definitely wonky and he's clearly all about it which I give him credit for. But seriously, he has to get pulled over a ton, it just begs to be pulled over. I'm sure, as you said, he gets a fair amount of tickets. That feels like he's trolling himself to me. But in all seriousness I can get behind that car, its pretty drat awesome.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
I just wonder how he gets away with that in California (or doesn't, he very clearly doesn't have money for tickets).

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
License plate should be TRYHARD, what a loser. That is the kind of monkeycheese jackass that makes driving for fun in SoCal (video is mostly Stunt Dr area) an adventure in hood popping and 5mph over speeding tickets.

Its cool that its an FB and its not slow anymore, but its a lovely troll by someone who doesn't know anything other than Internet meme trolls.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
There's just too much that looks like poo poo for poo poo's sake. I'm all for the "it looks like poo poo because I wanted to get it done quick and dirty" aesthetic, but poo poo like welding the speedo to the cowl and not putting the oil cooler in a decent place just looks stupid.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Zero fucks given. Except it does seem like he does give a gently caress, but he really wants you to know that he doesn't. Agreed, trying too hard.

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011
Everyone got angry, looks like the kid wins

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I wouldn't describe my feelings as angry. I would describe my feelings as indifferent. He's a real cool dude with his zero fucks given!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tbb9 posted:

Everyone got angry, looks like the kid wins

I'm not angry by his car, and I'm not even angry that the kid spends all his time on the internet or in his garage; he just seems like a kid who is trying too hard to get attention and gets to pay a ridiculous insurance rate because of it. And justifies emissions inspections. :tinfoil:

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He looks like the beatnick from JerkCity.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Tusen Takk posted:

This but drive slow in a prius that has a V-8 swap and then destroy the rubber out of nowhere for no loving reason.

I like the kid's car, he definitely tries too hard and not trying but the car is still cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Yeah, he's trying too hard but the basic idea behind the car is one I totally dig.

But this car is basically a crappy punk song on wheels. When you're still living with your parents and in your late teens (or early twenties I guess?) it's totally cool because SHUT UP MOM I DO WHAT I WANT. Then, once you're older, you look back on the lyrics and you wonder how you could ever listen to this without being completely embarrassed immediately.