Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Does it offer similar functionality to gridlock? I want to get it but all I want to do is right align some icons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

basmati posted:

This still doesn't sound consistent with my usage. You may want to head to /Settings/LockInfo/Notifications and Widgets/In Notification Center: Weather Widget and check your lock screen clock vs the weather widget clock. For example, I have the clock on the lock screen w/o weather and the clock disabled on the weather widget. Otherwise I'd have have two clocks right on top of each other on the lock screen.

It's unclear to me how this is happening for you. Could you have a random clock-hiding tweak hiding out in Winterboard (if installed?)

Hm. I did as you said; if I disable the weather widget altogether, the normal iOS clock shows. I was able to get it to show the clock/weather together, which is pretty much how I like it.

I don't have Winterboard (bad experiences back in the 3G days). Intelliscreen is still installed but deactivated because the trial period is up. That could have something to do with it I suppose.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Supposedly iOS 6.1.1 (build 10B145) is incoming, 23MB (OTA).

- new baseband firmware for 4S

Edit: It's out. ... for 4S only.

6.1.1 contains the 4S update, only. The rest of the stuff may be pushed to 6.1.2!

possible 6.1.2 updates:
- Exchange sync issue fixed
- Maps app updates to better handle Japan
- SMS spoofing exploit fixed

Xenomorph fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 11, 2013

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
It let's you download specific layouts and then it will organize your apps accordingly. I used to use Gridlock but really I just made two columns of apps one on either side of the screen for vertical scrolling. For my uses it's much better.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Updated evasi0n for iOS 6.1.1 coming soon:

https://twitter.com/planetbeing/status/301074594247348224

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Is Chrome Download Manager the go-to app for browser downloading? Assume I'm already using iFile and Dropbox for ease of transfer.

Thanks

C.S.
Mar 31, 2006
Some call me... Tim?
I've been searching around for a tweak and haven't come up with anything, so I thought I'd check here.

I only use Spotlight as a quick way to do a web search and am wondering if there's a basic tweak to it's functionality. By default, after typing in your search query, you can tap "Search Web" to initiate the search, or you can tap "Search" on the keyboard. Of course, tapping "Search" doesn't really do anything other than hide the keyboard, so you still have to tap the "Search Web" option to actually start the search.

What I want is to type my search query and automatically start the search upon tapping "Search" on the keyboard. Small complaint, I know, but this would speed things up for me since my natural tendency is to go right for that key on the keyboard instead of the Search Web option.

TLDR: Can you transform Spotlight from an "iPhone Search" to a dedicated web search?

C.S. fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 11, 2013

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

C.S. posted:

TLDR: Can you transform Spotlight from an "iPhone Search" to a dedicated web search?

There used to be an app called Universal Search that did just this and more, not sure of its current status

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

Ozu posted:

Is Chrome Download Manager the go-to app for browser downloading? Assume I'm already using iFile and Dropbox for ease of transfer.

Thanks

I just don't know anymore.

I've used Atomic since its inception, as default via Browser Changer since its inception. Then for a fleeting second thought Safari seemed zippier after upgrading to iOS 6. But even with hooks and tweaks it quickly sucked and I'm rethinking back to Atomic as default. Even though I find it slow to launch. And have finally stopped banging my head against a wall in regards to its cooked-in pinboard integration never being functional for me. And no response from the dev. From multiple avenues. Oh well.

Do I have the patience to endure Chrome with the same kind of half-baked add-ons?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Maven is in the AppStore and allows you to download anything from the web, from .flv's to .mp3's. But now that I'm jailbroken, I can use iFile to navigate to and e-mail the file, or whatever.

Maven is also universal, if I remember correctly, so you only need to buy it once to get it on your iPhone and iPad.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Excuse my stupidity...but how does one update while jailbroken? I've never done this before...

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Ozmodiar posted:

Excuse my stupidity...but how does one update while jailbroken? I've never done this before...

You won't have to do anything. They're simply releasing a new version of evasi0n which lists 6.1.1 as being compatible since the jailbreak still works on it.

e: I thought you meant updating your jailbreak. Did you mean update your iOS software? if so then follow pseudonordic's advice below.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 12, 2013

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Ozmodiar posted:

Do a backup (and use AppInfo to list your packages), then update iOS in iTunes. Re-jailbreak with newly minted evasi0n program and restore from backup. Then reinstall all your Cydia packages.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Just get the Chrome Download Manager or Safari Download Manager if you use that. All those other third party browsers are bloated horrible crap.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Xenomorph posted:

Supposedly iOS 6.1.1 (build 10B145) is incoming, 23MB (OTA).

- new baseband firmware for 4S

Edit: It's out. ... for 4S only.

6.1.1 contains the 4S update, only. The rest of the stuff may be pushed to 6.1.2!

possible 6.1.2 updates:
- Exchange sync issue fixed
- Maps app updates to better handle Japan
- SMS spoofing exploit fixed

Can they stop signing firmware on a per device basis? I'm not going to see my friend until a couple weeks from now and I need to save his SHSH blobs for 6.1. Normally I would say gently caress it and just re-jailbreak him for 6.1.1 but his phone involved me copying like 50gb of poo poo to a computer and back to his phone so I'm not really looking forward to it. Apparently 6.1.1 just fixes some 3g issues in Europe but we don't live in Europe. If I can I would just save his blobs, keep him on 6.1 and then just update him a year or so down the line when IOS 7 comes out or something.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Denim Dude posted:

Can they stop signing firmware on a per device basis? I'm not going to see my friend until a couple weeks from now and I need to save his SHSH blobs for 6.1. Normally I would say gently caress it and just re-jailbreak him for 6.1.1 but his phone involved me copying like 50gb of poo poo to a computer and back to his phone so I'm not really looking forward to it. Apparently 6.1.1 just fixes some 3g issues in Europe but we don't live in Europe. If I can I would just save his blobs, keep him on 6.1 and then just update him a year or so down the line when IOS 7 comes out or something.

Get their ECID and back up their SHSH blob now.

You can manually input the ECID in iFaith or TinyUmbrella to get the SHSH blob.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Can you backup the blob after a jailbreak or only before?

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
Right on I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for that info.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Kingnothing posted:

Can you backup the blob after a jailbreak or only before?

You can backup the blob either before or after the jailbreak. It just needs to be done while the signing window is still open so if you have a 4s I would do it as soon as possible.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Anyone know if there is a SBSettings toggle for LTE yet?

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Anyone know if there is a SBSettings toggle for LTE yet?

Doesn't look like it. The most convenient thing I can think of would be to open activator, select "anywhere" then select triple press and assign it to "network". It's not perfect but it beats navigating to the screen your settings icon is on then clicking settings then general then cellular.

Edit: you might want to do something other than home button presses. I try to avoid pressing my home button as much as possible because they are known to get kind of flaky on an Iphone 4.

Edit2: activator does have toggles but I think they are just sbsettings toggles. You may as well look for an lte toggle when you assign an action while you are in there.

Denim Dude fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 12, 2013

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Na'at posted:

It let's you download specific layouts and then it will organize your apps accordingly. I used to use Gridlock but really I just made two columns of apps one on either side of the screen for vertical scrolling. For my uses it's much better.

Sweet sassy molassy. I found Iconoclasm pretty difficult to use off the bat (You have to go to Cydia to download new layouts) but I downloaded another app called "Iconoclasm Layout Maker" and its goddamn perfect. You can load up your current wallpaper and arrange the icons accordingly however you want, since almost all the cydia layouts are super dumb and I managed to not find the one thing I was looking for (4x1 right justified) but the layout app makes this the easiest thing in the world.

Owns.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I did a fresh install of 6.1.1 on my 4S and used the 1.3 version of Evasi0n without an issue. Not sure the update was really necessary but it was only a hour or 2 to get everything back to normal.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Denim Dude posted:

You can also have him download a free cydia app called iSHSHit, which will back up his shsh blob and then send it to you via email from within the app itself.

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008
So it seems that Poof is kind of broken (hidden apps can't be searched for). I previously used it to hide all apps from the home screen and then just searched to launch. Are there any other apps that may help to clear off my home screen?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Modern Pragmatist posted:

So it seems that Poof is kind of broken (hidden apps can't be searched for). I previously used it to hide all apps from the home screen and then just searched to launch. Are there any other apps that may help to clear off my home screen?

This is definitely new in iOS6. In iOS5 SBSettings could hide icons but they would still be searchable, but now any icon I hide (whether in SBSettings or Springtomize) will act like it's completely uninstalled. I don't even get the Safari settings in Settings if I hide it.

I've just been sticking the unused icons in a folder for now.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Does SBSettings or NCSettings have a "Notifications" toggle?

Or does that sort of thing exist at all in the JB Pantheon?

ndrz
Oct 31, 2003

The Lockinfo5 beta is miles ahead of the released version. Consolidated layout with clock and slider hidden are much closer to LI4.

The main thing I'm missing now is keeping unread mail on my lockscreen, regardless of whether I read it in the "preview" mode by tapping on the email from the lockscreen.

Is there a way to not automatically remove mail from the notification center when it's previewed in Lockinfo? I haven't found a setting that does that, but maybe someone knows of another app on Cydia I can get...

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

ihatepants posted:

You can also have him download a free cydia app called iSHSHit, which will back up his shsh blob and then send it to you via email from within the app itself.

That's the best app name ever.

Is there a way for tapping the statusbar icon for biteSMS to NOT bring up quick reply, but instead just launch the app?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Tedronai66 posted:

That's the best app name ever.

Is there a way for tapping the statusbar icon for biteSMS to NOT bring up quick reply, but instead just launch the app?

Like this?

Kazy posted:

Bitesms > Settings > Quick Reply > unlock mode

Or a status bar icon and not a notification? I haven't let a SMS go unread so I could be wrong v:shobon:v

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Is there a jailbreak app yet that emulates Google Now? I saw NowNow but I don't want to replace Siri.

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

Kazy posted:

Like this?

Or a status bar icon and not a notification? I haven't let a SMS go unread so I could be wrong v:shobon:v

from the lock screen, it still opens quick reply (slide-unlock can be switched to opening app). Unsure about unlocked mode touching of status bar, but I assume it has the same thing as lock screen.

NerdsMcGee
Sep 23, 2006
My hands are too stained...

suddenlyissoon posted:

Is there a jailbreak app yet that emulates Google Now? I saw NowNow but I don't want to replace Siri.

I have nownow on my iPhone 5 with the trigger set to 3 home button presses. Siri and Google Now all at once.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

suddenlyissoon posted:

You can use a million different options to trigger NowNow. Mine is double tap clock.

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Tedronai66 posted:

from the lock screen, it still opens quick reply (slide-unlock can be switched to opening app). Unsure about unlocked mode touching of status bar, but I assume it has the same thing as lock screen.
It brings up Notification Center for me. I'd actually prefer it brought up quick reply.

Honestly BiteSMS seems to have messed up quite a few things when they updated a while back. The whole status bar/message list feature was great, as was the visual style of the notifications. Now... not so much.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Wario In Real Life posted:

It brings up Notification Center for me. I'd actually prefer it brought up quick reply.

Honestly BiteSMS seems to have messed up quite a few things when they updated a while back. The whole status bar/message list feature was great, as was the visual style of the notifications. Now... not so much.

If you're talking about the new white bubble (built-in Twitter style) alerts vs the old legacy bubbles, you could try iRealSMS or one of the other apps. They are still using that old visual style. iRealSMS will also read your text messages to you, although I haven't gotten that to work with i5/iOS6.1 in my limited testing.

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Ezrem posted:

If you're talking about the new white bubble (built-in Twitter style) alerts vs the old legacy bubbles, you could try iRealSMS or one of the other apps. They are still using that old visual style. iRealSMS will also read your text messages to you, although I haven't gotten that to work with i5/iOS6.1 in my limited testing.

I haven't seen how specific you can get with which messages to read, but Siri will read you text messages if you ask.

I use it to hear the last text message I got if I'm driving sometimes.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

cornface posted:

I haven't seen how specific you can get with which messages to read, but Siri will read you text messages if you ask.

I use it to hear the last text message I got if I'm driving sometimes.

I'd really like to know how that works. I have said obvious things like "read me my text messages" but nothing seems to get me anywhere.

iRealSMS is pretty nice, as a message comes in it says "New message from Ezrem. Shall I read?" If you say yes, it reads. If no, it shuts up.

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Ezrem posted:

I'd really like to know how that works. I have said obvious things like "read me my text messages" but nothing seems to get me anywhere.

iRealSMS is pretty nice, as a message comes in it says "New message from Ezrem. Shall I read?" If you say yes, it reads. If no, it shuts up.

I looked it up, and it will only work with unread texts, which I guess is why it works for what I use it for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

False Toaster
Dec 29, 2006

Stupidity, its both physically and mentally painful.
Is there an app that'll display the time in the status bar in the lockscreen? By default iOS does not show this unless you unlock the phone, as you have the banner for time on the lockscreen. But I removed the banner with Springtomize for a minimalistic feel. I've searched Cydia but I'm not having any luck.

• Locked thread