Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
polydizzle
Sep 13, 2004
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/gary-neville-dissects-man-united-2-everton-0-alongside-moyes-criticises-brother-phil/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
:lol: Why are they crying? Did they think Celtic were going to win the CL or something?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

jyrka posted:

:lol: Why are they crying? Did they think Celtic were going to win the CL or something?

They went through a lot just to see their team get battered like that in person with (basically) no hope of coming back. I'd be pretty bummed out too.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Ninpo posted:

Ah, small group of Millwall fans keeping the stereotype alive:

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plbg7jRKGr0
Holy poo poo this is so brutal.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

jyrka posted:

I was thinking about this before. They've had a brilliant, unexpected run. If you'd asked any fan just after getting through the groups they'd have said "great, lets just enjoy the ride". But by the time the match comes around they've gotten their hopes up, it's their own fault if they're that upset they lost to Juventus.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This is brilliant. Having Moyes and Neville chat about the game is really fantastic.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ninpo posted:

Ah, small group of Millwall fans keeping the stereotype alive:

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plbg7jRKGr0

How the gently caress can the police not prosecute for this. I can see that guy's face. I can see him say "friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family". What the gently caress are they doing?

This really disgusts me. Ban those scum from football forever.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

EvilHawk posted:

How the gently caress can the police not prosecute for this. I can see that guy's face. I can see him say "friend of the family friend of the family friend of the family". What the gently caress are they doing?

Just saw on the news that the guy's been arrested. Hopefully they can get a few more arrests, make a big example of it, then the message might start getting through. Can't stop people being racist but you can atleast scare them into keeping their mouths shut.

[edit]or specifically a guy has been arrested. But if that's the footage that's out there outline it's probably him.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

Owen and Lineker, best twitter tag team.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

This is what celtic fans are getting up in arms about. No ref in their right mind is going to give a penalty for that. The over reaction deserved a yellow for a dive.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

serious gaylord posted:

This is what celtic fans are getting up in arms about. No ref in their right mind is going to give a penalty for that. The over reaction deserved a yellow for a dive.

The ball was out of play wasn't it? Wouldn't that mean it couldn't be a penalty anyway?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What's going on in that gif? The Celtic player rolls away and the Juventus player falls down in accompaniment. Two twats is what it looks like.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

What a shameless dive

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

EvilHawk posted:

The thing is that most clubs (Millwall in particular) did really great work in the late 80s and 90s in getting most of the racists out of the grounds, along with the general cleaning-up of the game in that period. There's been a serious slacking-off since the turn of the century though, which is letting this sort of poo poo back into the game (along with hooliganism and all sorts of otehr poo poo that we thought we'd consigned to the dustbin of history), with the clubs and police ignoring it because "That doesn't happen in grounds any more".

It's shameful that it should have taken Sky to get the police and club to act, at the very least the stewards must have heard this happening.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Had a bit of a laugh at Odemwingie's twitter last night thanks to Goran Popov.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Vegetable posted:

What's going on in that gif? The Celtic player rolls away and the Juventus player falls down in accompaniment. Two twats is what it looks like.

The celtic player is treading on the juventus players foot, so he gives him a little shove. Celtic player then decides to act like he's been shot and roll all over the place, so the juve player mimics his over reaction.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Thirteenth Step posted:

Had a bit of a laugh at Odemwingie's twitter last night thanks to Goran Popov.

Charge your phone.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Vegetable posted:

It's the Jens Lehmann School Of Diving
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyA_MB9l-b4

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

serious gaylord posted:

The celtic player is treading on the juventus players foot, so he gives him a little shove. Celtic player then decides to act like he's been shot and roll all over the place, so the juve player mimics his over reaction.

Barton doesn't agree

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
It's not really fair to post that .gif out of context. Hooper was being blatantly fouled by Lichtsteiner on every corner, it was apparent from the very first corner where Lichtsteiner simply drags him into the goalnet with both arms wrapped around him, rugby-style. I don't condone diving but you can understand how he might have done it from the frustration of dealing with the most bent ref in CL history.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Popehoist posted:

It's not really fair to post that .gif out of context. Hooper was being blatantly fouled by Lichtsteiner on every corner, it was apparent from the very first corner where Lichtsteiner simply drags him into the goalnet with both arms wrapped around him, rugby-style. I don't condone diving but you can understand how he might have done it from the frustration of dealing with the most bent ref in CL history.

they got Ovrebo to ref that match too??

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Sad that adult men who are paid millions every year resort to this.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Popehoist posted:

It's funny because this happens literally every single game and is never called. The one time I can remember it being called was when Busquets was held in the box before the kick was taken, Barcelona were given a penalty, and everyone on the forums (rightfully) cried about it for a month.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Personally I think Hooper lost his balance there, quite easy to go down if you're pushed as you're stepping backwards. Lichtsteiner was all over him at every corner, and I agree with what Suqit is trying to argue (at least, I think this is what he is arguing). It doesn't matter if it happens every corner, it's a foul and should be called. Maybe if there were more penalties given it'd stop players from doing it.

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people

Suqit posted:

It's funny because this happens literally every single game and is never called. The one time I can remember it being called was when Busquets was held in the box before the kick was taken, Barcelona were given a penalty, and everyone on the forums (rightfully) cried about it for a month.

I think a big part of it was that the first time it happened he gave both Hooper and Lichtsteiner yellow cards then refused to penalize anything past that point and only seemed to pull a card out when both players were at fault (I presume when Scott Brown got his yellow they were wrestling similar to Hooper+Lichtsteiner early on. It wasn't caught on camera) and then immediately following yellowing both players Brown was hauled to the ground from behind by the same player(when the ball was in play in the box) and nothing. If it had all gone unpunished it might have seemed more balanced. Worth noting that there was never any trouble at the Celtic end. If you don't count our embarrassing defending that is.

EvilHawk posted:

Personally I think Hooper lost his balance there, quite easy to go down if you're pushed as you're stepping backwards. Lichtsteiner was all over him at every corner, and I agree with what Suqit is trying to argue (at least, I think this is what he is arguing). It doesn't matter if it happens every corner, it's a foul and should be called. Maybe if there were more penalties given it'd stop players from doing it.

That's Brown but yeah sort of. He's lost his balance but he's making the most of it. After that point we put a different player up against Lichtsteiner and he fouled each and every one of them in the same way he had Hooper, earning them both a yellow, in an attempt to get him sent off but nothing came of it. To be fair they probably could have figured that they were getting nothing by that point in the game and double marked the keeper or something.

Soylent Green fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 13, 2013

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Soylent Green posted:

I think a big part of it was that the first time it happened he gave both Hooper and Lichtsteiner yellow cards then refused to penalize anything past that point and only seemed to pull a card out when both players were at fault (I presume when Scott Brown got his yellow they were wrestling similar to Hooper+Lichtsteiner early on. It wasn't caught on camera) and then immediately following yellowing both players Brown was hauled to the ground from behind by the same player(when the ball was in play in the box) and nothing. If it had all gone unpunished it might have seemed more balanced. Worth noting that there was never any trouble at the Celtic end. If you don't count our embarrassing defending that is.

I just realized this is the picture thread, I'm moving my response to the appropriate thread.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Ninpo posted:

Booyaka booyaka six one nine

loving hell, that's like something out of Tekken! Did he get a red card for that?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

loving hell, that's like something out of Tekken! Did he get a red card for that?

Fair challenge imho

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

euroboy posted:

Rest in peace, Aston Villa

(from 1959)

This is great lmao. also for the past 3 years whoever plays their last game of their season against wigan away, goes down. Villa's last game of the season is Wigan away i think , RIP.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Leon with a Zero posted:

also for the past 3 years whoever plays their last game of their season against wigan away, goes down.

This is an amazing stat tbh

Ordal
Apr 13, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

IIRC they didn't even blow the whistle.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

euroboy posted:

This is an amazing stat tbh

i heard it on a local radio phone in so i don't know if its true but from what i can recall it sounds right, yeah mental.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Leon with a Zero posted:

i heard it on a local radio phone in so i don't know if its true but from what i can recall it sounds right, yeah mental.

It must also be the reason why Wigan will never go down.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

quote:

Xabi posted:

Can't really put my finger on what Pepe looks like but I think it's some sort of dinosaur (perhaps from Jurassic Park?) or a turtle or something. Either way his looks fit his lovely personality.

yeah, particularly when he smiles...

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Leon with a Zero posted:

Just checked and this is definitely true.

09/10 - Wigan 2 - 2 Hull City
10/11 - Wigan 3 - 2 West Ham United
11/12 - Wigan 3 - 2 Wolverhampton

Wigan's last home game is against Villa so it looks like the streak will continue.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Weird how the ball appears to be in front of the net. Thassa witchcraft.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Eva 'the fit Chelsea physio' Carneiro:

Probably :nws: http://i.imgur.com/bWdHTPh.jpg

TheGoatFeeder fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 14, 2013

• Locked thread