Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lothlorien's probably been my favourite zone so far. Largely well constructed like Evendim, only not so long that I got bored of it, and with better lore.

And no lake.

Mirkwood's pretty good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Dunland is an awesome zone with a great epic quest and if you skip it you probably have cystic acne. Sorry about that by the way. Aren't there medications that'll help? I still think you look good - don't worry what others say.

Also Enedwaith was released during Mirkwood, not Isengard.

dug fin
Oct 14, 2004
The boil on the ass of your happiness

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Dunland is an awesome zone with a great epic quest and if you skip it you probably have cystic acne. Sorry about that by the way. Aren't there medications that'll help? I still think you look good - don't worry what others say.

The Dunland epic was great in parts but too entirely tedious in others. The prison part was just boring.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

dug fin posted:

You can also do them at level cap (it can be argued that if you're overleveling the area to do this, that there's not much difference in waiting until 85). I'm a deed whore, and still go back to old areas on my main character to do deeds I missed while leveling.

That said, if you're having fun playing that way, more power to you. Once you get past Moria though, you'll be doing mad amounts of grey quests, especially if you haven't started volume 2 until 56. You have Moria, Lothlorien, Mirkwood, Enedwaith, Dunland, Great River and Rohan still to do. You'll be 85 long before you even get to Rohan.

It's a little different than doing it at 85 at least. I can't just walk around un-accosted. This way I still have to watch out for mobs and what-not, they'll attack. It's definitely not challenging - not that LOTRO solo play is challenging to begin with, to be honest (there might be a spot or a fight here and there, but for the most part, it's very easy). I'd rather do them all as light blue than gray.

But yeah, I'm wishing I could slow down the exp. It's annoying that's not a built in feature in the game, and asking 495TP to do so just feels....rude, as much as a game can be rude, anyways. I hit 61 yesterday, and I'm on the tail end of Redhorn Lodes. Nothing is gray yet - hell, nothing is even green yet. I'm hoping the light blue train lasts, but yeah, I do miss dark blue quests.

dug fin posted:

The Dunland epic was great in parts but too entirely tedious in others.

So it's just like all other parts of the epic ;-)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

So? What's that got to do with anything?

edit: Is there server downtime today/tonight?

sassassin fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Feb 11, 2013

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

sassassin posted:

edit: Is there server downtime today/tonight?

Yes, it was on the launcher and what-not. Down for this morning.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Yeah, I saw that but couldn't remember when it was. Their twitter suggests it's done now? More on Wednesday?

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

GIVE US AN AUTO COMBINE ALL BUTTON FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

You are astoundingly poor, what's up with that

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
I think there was someone else in the thread that was having trouble signing in to MyLOTRO. I logged in to the game, logged in to MyLOTRO in the game- it said there was an error, but there was a recaptcha box. I re-entered my details and was able to access MyLOTRO both in the game and externally. Hope this helps the other goon having this problem!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Remy Marathe posted:

You are astoundingly poor, what's up with that

Crafting addict.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Speaking of crafting, is there a way that's considered best to gain crafting guild rep? So far I've been just rotating through emblem cooldowns for Westfold and Eastemnet crafting- the Supreme and lower ones have more difficult/irritating requirements, but a Supreme and Master emblem together are worth 9k rep, so it's tempting to go farm some nodes to make them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

GIVE US AN AUTO COMBINE ALL BUTTON FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

It goes faster than you think, until the anti-spam function kicks in and bugs out for 5 minutes. :argh:

e:

Crafting addict.

Make an explorer alt if you don't have one. And a farmer/scholar.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 11, 2013

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Glass of Milk posted:

Speaking of crafting, is there a way that's considered best to gain crafting guild rep? So far I've been just rotating through emblem cooldowns for Westfold and Eastemnet crafting- the Supreme and lower ones have more difficult/irritating requirements, but a Supreme and Master emblem together are worth 9k rep, so it's tempting to go farm some nodes to make them.

I always save the high quality emblems to make gear, but if you're not leveling up characters that could use them, it's not an issue. Otherwise just make some of everything, and of course try and finish with exactly the right amount of rep to not go over, and not waste crafting materials.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Crafting addict.

I'm a crafting addict too, but there's no excuse for being 79th level and only having 742s. :colbert: At that level, you can farm whatever mats you need for your main profession.

What do your virtues look like? You can make a lot of cash just by grinding out the deeds you need.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

goons posted:

Get a job you filthy bum
Leave that poor dude alone or mail him some gold. He's probably stranded somewhere by now, unable to afford quick travel or even to repair his battered armor. At that point it's a downward spiral and you just end up crafting back-alley poo poo.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
That took a turn for the dirty awfully fast...

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.
Can somebody please rate this game for me on a scale of buttes to donges?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Brave New World posted:

I'm a crafting addict too, but there's no excuse for being 79th level and only having 742s. :colbert: At that level, you can farm whatever mats you need for your main profession.

What do your virtues look like? You can make a lot of cash just by grinding out the deeds you need.

If you saw my virtues you'd make even more fun of me.

I'm as bad at making money (irl and ifl) as I am at not spending money (irl and ifl). I've spent hundreds of gold on crafting mats I could've easily farmed at this point. I spent all my marks on poo poo to sell on the AH I'm jonesin' so bad.

Abe Frohman posted:

Can somebody please rate this game for me on a scale of buttes to donges?

pegges

Abe Frohman
Mar 1, 2005

Kirby? He'll be a fry cook on Dreamland.

If you saw my virtues you'd make even more fun of me.

I'm as bad at making money (irl and ifl) as I am at not spending money (irl and ifl). I've spent hundreds of gold on crafting mats I could've easily farmed at this point. I spent all my marks on poo poo to sell on the AH I'm jonesin' so bad.

pegges

I'm almost entirely sure you're from Lotro Latino.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Abe Frohman posted:

I'm almost entirely sure you're from Lotro Latino.

Shhhh I'm a double agent, don't Valerie Plame me.

In other news, raiding is awesome. I'm gonna try to get poo poo together every night, with how many 60+s we have. Hopefully we can do DN soon. It's awesome. Then maybe some 65 raids. Maybe we could schedule an Ost Dunhoth for this weekend?

In fact, that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Saturday, February 16th, my 30th birthday, at 5pm PST we're gonna try do to Ost Dunhoth. 65 minimum to enter. Be there!

Also, people should get on vent more just to chat. Vent info is noise.instantvent.com 13215 stairs

DO IT.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 12, 2013

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
drat, I gotta get my guy to your level. My highest level is 20 and I miss MMO raiding.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
You're raiding on an MMORPG on the night of your 30th birthday, which is a Saturday?

You are the gooniest goon. :unsmith:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Fuzz posted:

You're raiding on an MMORPG on the night of your 30th birthday, which is a Saturday?

You are the gooniest goon. :unsmith:

YES. YES I AM.

I have an orientation for a volunteer position at my local library in the morning so I don't even get a bday lunch. People better loving show up to my raid.

I'm making people not want to show up, aren't I? Don't worry it'll be fun. I'm serious business sometimes but also pretty laid back so whatever.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What's Ost Dunhoth?

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

sassassin posted:

What's Ost Dunhoth?

Top dungeon out of enedwaith, 4 wings each with their own quirks plus multiple boss fights.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
My VIP ends today *single-tear*, so what would I need to buy? Just the Endedwaith quest pack?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

xZAOx posted:

My VIP ends today *single-tear*, so what would I need to buy? Just the Endedwaith quest pack?

Honestly if you're already in Enedwaith, you're ok to save yourself some money and just move on to RoI. Hell, even if you're not.

A lot of the inter-expansion-pack content is really strictly optional for non-VIP players; I'd play Lothlorien, but just cruise through Enedwaith and Great River for the epics and move on rather than pay for them.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

So Ost Dunhoth is for sure covered under VIP? I don't own anything past Mirkwood yet, but I'm still subbed for the moment.

YES. YES I AM.

I have an orientation for a volunteer position at my local library in the morning so I don't even get a bday lunch. People better loving show up to my raid.

I'm making people not want to show up, aren't I? Don't worry it'll be fun. I'm serious business sometimes but also pretty laid back so whatever.

:toot:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

loquacius posted:

Honestly if you're already in Enedwaith, you're ok to save yourself some money and just move on to RoI. Hell, even if you're not.

A lot of the inter-expansion-pack content is really strictly optional for non-VIP players; I'd play Lothlorien, but just cruise through Enedwaith and Great River for the epics and move on rather than pay for them.

I was asking because I want to join the goon raid. Also, I do every zone, regardless, because I enjoy even the lovely zones like North Downs. Best I can tell from the wiki Enedwaith quest pack includes this raid.

Telurides
Sep 13, 2009

Oxphocker posted:

Is it worth coming back: Yes! Turbine has been hard at work adding a ton of new content. The most recent expansion added eastern Rohan to the game, mounted combat, and a revamp of older instances so they can scale up to lvl 85 play.

Is it worth coming back to if I'd have to start over at level 1 and re-grind endless tin and copper?

One thing I always loved about this game that I have yet to see stolen by implemented in other games is fellowship moves. DDO would be way awesome with fellowship moves.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've decided to call time on the North Downs. I have 7-8 group quests left in my tracker but I'm just gonna let them chill there until I'm a bit higher level. Last night I spent over an hour soloing the Etten Caves without finding any quest objectives I needed and I've had enough. Gonna get my Lone Lands deeds, do a run through Garth Agarwen and then head on to Evendim.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Rarity are you on Silverlode? I like playing with fellow TVIVers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity are you on Silverlode? I like playing with fellow TVIVers.

I'm all alone on Dwarrowdelf :smith:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Rarity posted:

I'm all alone on Dwarrowdelf :smith:

That suuuuuucks. You should reroll. We'll make you sweet teal gear and give you handies.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

That suuuuuucks. You should reroll. We'll make you sweet teal gear and give you handies.

If my Wardrobe was shared cross-server, I would roll a couple of new guys on Silverlode, but there is no way I'm making new characters that can't play pretty princess dress-up.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Rarity posted:

I've decided to call time on the North Downs. I have 7-8 group quests left in my tracker but I'm just gonna let them chill there until I'm a bit higher level. Last night I spent over an hour soloing the Etten Caves without finding any quest objectives I needed and I've had enough. Gonna get my Lone Lands deeds, do a run through Garth Agarwen and then head on to Evendim.

Too bad you're not on Silverlode, I've been doing North Downs too and we prolly could have helped each other out.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Another TVIVer! :hf:

Serious question: do I annoy people with my babbling? I'm gonna try to tone it down but I dunno it just spews forth and it's hard to control.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
If you need Enedwaith to get the In Their Absence quests and instances it's probably worth grabbing. As far as level goes, if you aren't interested in getting mirkwood, by the time you finish Moria content Enedwaith has enough stuff to put you within range enough to hit dunland. Hell just doing the Vol 3 epic and very, very little else (the first book to gather the company sucks at times, gently caress the statue-destroying dungeon) I'm about to hit 66 heading to Thror's coomb in Enedwaith, so you might be able to skip loth/mirk/ened entirely if you want. Mirkwood has a lot of skirmishes and the ones unlocked from the epic seem cool though.

e: Does anyone need a lot of blackberries or golden tatters? Was going to master tier 5 farming, which is 1k points away, and that's going to give me about 1k items in the process. From trying to sell stuff on the market it doesn't seem like food moves fast and sometimes people are sell for less than the cost of ingredients. In one case someone was selling stuff (shire rations I think) for less than the cost of one of the ingredients. :v:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 12, 2013

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

Telurides posted:

Is it worth coming back to if I'd have to start over at level 1 and re-grind endless tin and copper?

One thing I always loved about this game that I have yet to see stolen by implemented in other games is fellowship moves. DDO would be way awesome with fellowship moves.

Doesn't matter... goons can make you almost anything you need.

Fluffy...if you get any of the farmer crit drops (juicy blackberries, etc) I will gladly take them. I don't get to do much dye making because getting the mats is a pain but if you're farming for levels, I'll reimburse you the costs.

For food, the only thing that really sells is top tier food for raids and stat foods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Another TVIVer! :hf:

Serious question: do I annoy people with my babbling? I'm gonna try to tone it down but I dunno it just spews forth and it's hard to control.

If the chat ever gets on my nerves I just click over to the combat tab so feel free to babble on as much as you want. It doesn't hurt anybody.

I was tempted to put a couple of people on ignore when I first started, but then I forgot who and why.

It's worth all the pain to find a few people to do instances with every now and then.

• Locked thread