Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

wtf are we doing ahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Wish we could get some quality teams touring here, sick of the rubbish we always seem to get with Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, England etc.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Mister Chief posted:

If England lose this it'll be because they chose to bowl first.
You'd think we might have learnt from New Zealand's experiences last match.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Daft little ground, silly game, gently caress off.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Hahaha T20 is such a joke.

Although that was a pretty good throw.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Samit Patel reminds me of 1990's England.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Smorgasbord posted:

Samit Patel reminds me of 1990's England.

Fat?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

and poo poo.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

There are three twenty20 games on this tour? Even India don't try and get away with that poo poo.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lionel RichTea posted:

There are three twenty20 games on this tour? Even India don't try and get away with that poo poo.

I like to imagine all of your posts as being said by Stuart Broad during a post match interview.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Grant Elliot is loving garbage.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

quote:

Required RR 37.09
Might as well just call it off at this stage.

Themes
Feb 9, 2005
New Zealand having issues cleaning up the tail? You don't say.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Grant Elliot is loving garbage.

He should only be in contention for the ODI side really, he is pretty bad at T20 and Tests.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Good effort from the lads tonight. Better luck next time England.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Smorgasbord re:Ian Butler posted:

That's a good selection, he is a very effective T20 player (and is dominating the wicket tally in the Plunket Shield this year too).

Mister Chief posted:

My sole prediction for this match is that Ian Butler will play like dog poo poo. I'll make sure to post the result once the match is over.

:smugdog:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

If he performs well next game I'll take back everything bad I've said about him.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Are you guys really making GBS threads on Jos Buttler after one bad game? Are you loving mental?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

notaspy posted:

Are you guys really making GBS threads on Jos Buttler after one bad game? Are you loving mental?

Welcome to Cricket. I'll take your coat.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Knuc If U Buck posted:

Welcome to Cricket. I'll take your coat.

I could understand if it was something like 'Well it looks like he was called up a bit early' or 'Another couple of years in county cricket might be an idea' but straight up writing him off after one bad game is madness.

But to declare an interest I have shat all over players after one game before, but I'm getting better.

notaspy fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 12, 2013

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ian Butler you fuckwit!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Apart from me being a lifelong Otago fan, the main reason I like Ian Butler is that he plays NRL Dream Team and posts on the same facebook page for it that I do - mostly he trolls the gently caress out of the guys who need to be spoonfed every transfer and rips on his buddies from the Volts who also play.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I blame Stuart Broad and his face.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Lionel RichTea posted:

On the other hand, only three ODIs. I'll take that.

goatface posted:

I blame Stuart Broad and his face.
It seems like both these matches can probably be blamed on both captains looking at really tiny grounds and going "yeah, bowling first, that sounds good".

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

so excited to watch the deciding game in this series i literally can not wait

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Tonight's going to be interesting as Australia will be playing two matches at the same time. Pity neither team is that good.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Saw a link floating around about the ABC not covering the India tests because of the BCCI doing something. I'll post it when I get home, unless anyone beats me to it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What a great tragedy that would be. How could we survive?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Hyperriker posted:

Saw a link floating around about the ABC not covering the India tests because of the BCCI doing something. I'll post it when I get home, unless anyone beats me to it.

ABC aren't covering basically for money reasons, but the BCCI refused Maxwell's certifcation, which is rather outragous.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-12/statement-on-abc-cricket-coverage/4514890?section=sport

abc posted:

The ABC's Manager of Grandstand Sport Craig Norenbergs says a number of factors were behind the decision not to have a presence in India for this month's Australian cricket tour.

The escalating costs of broadcasting rights, audience demands to return to normal programming and the need to keep the airwaves open for emergency broadcasting contributed to the ABC's decision not to send a commentary team to India.

"The ABC undertakes a rigorous review of all international sporting events and associated costs and unfortunately as in the case of this tour, we are unable to send a complete team," Norenbergs said.

It was the ABC's intention to still have head commentator Jim Maxwell in India in a reporting capacity but the Board for Control of Cricket in India has rejected the ABC's application for accreditation for Maxwell.

The application was rejected despite representations by Cricket Australia.

"The ABC is disappointed Jim's accreditation has been rejected," Norenbergs said

Some gold lines there about 'demands to return to normal programming'.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

VOTE1 posted:

ABC aren't covering basically for money reasons, but the BCCI refused Maxwell's certifcation, which is rather outragous.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-12/statement-on-abc-cricket-coverage/4514890?section=sport

Some gold lines there about 'demands to return to normal programming'.

What the gently caress is 'normal programming' and why would anybody give a poo poo about that when the cricket's on? Some Bullshit I Reckon

gently caress the BCCI in the deepest fires of hell forever etc

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I just dont know if I can sit through that much poo poo channel 9 commentary.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

lol haddin

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Haddin you useless oval office

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

BradHaddin.gif stat

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Ratios and Tendency posted:

BradHaddin.gif stat

Beat me to it. loving useless tool.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Gayle continues to be poo poo

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

So are you allowed to touch the ball to ground immediately after catching it these days?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Smorgasbord posted:

So are you allowed to touch the ball to ground immediately after catching it these days?

I think as long you're controlling the ball it doesn't matter.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Frogmanv2 posted:

I just dont know if I can sit through that much poo poo channel 9 commentary.

They started off in the 'best' way possible by doing bloody gangam style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Semiru posted:

They started off in the 'best' way possible by doing bloody gangam style.

This is truly dire

• Locked thread