Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I almost think he should be adverse to it, unless he is ok with losing control entirely. Because the WD game is way more interesting and involving than I've found the comic for ages. I will say I dropped off reading after that small community building arc though, so lots of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Alright I'm already tired of Neegan and all his cock analogies.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I guess it'll be ironic when he gets castrated? This issue was annoying. You could sum it up in a TV guide blurb and not loose anything.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The Walking Dead issue 102. Drama/Horror. Jesus trails Two Face. Rick confides in Andrea. Neegan takes more than half. 28 pages.

In retrospect, Neegan probably isn't going to lose his dick but that baseball bat is certainly going up his rear end.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Carl. Carl, am I supposed to hate you, or love you? Carl, I'm so confused.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
So he seems to have ruined potential plans for Rick by giving Negan a hostage. Most excellent. Although I'd imagine Paul will somehow save him, no?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Neegan won't hold Carl hostage because he knows better. The kid is a cold hearted badass and Neegan respecs that. He'll probably try a Hook and have Carl turn on his weak dad.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Without giving anything away Negan's base looked awesome!

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I've read through the two compendium books which covers through #96. What's my best option for continuing on with the series? Do I have to buy individual issues or are the other groupings of issues? Also are the backstory issues any good, like the Woodbury and Governor ones?

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

tomapot posted:

I've read through the two compendium books which covers through #96. What's my best option for continuing on with the series? Do I have to buy individual issues or are the other groupings of issues? Also are the backstory issues any good, like the Woodbury and Governor ones?

There are trade paperbacks which collect 6 issues or hard covers which do 12, you can get the trades for under $10 so that's your cheapest way if you do want to continue collecting the compendiums after.

Sears Poncho
Oct 8, 2011
I don't know if the book has always been like this and I didn't notice it before, but issues are starting to feel really thin lately, I feel like I'm spending half the time reading these as I would expect to of a typical comic.

I'm more or less enjoying the plot, so it's not really a complaint about that, but maybe I should just start waiting for the trades.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
The series reads way better in trades, I personally think.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

OldMemes posted:

The series reads way better in trades, I personally think.

Yeah, having recently caught up after only buying hardcovers, I agree. I can see how people are getting fed up with the series, since each issue on its own is rarely that captivating. But if you read them as part of a larger arc, they become much more fulfilling. I'm probably gonna go back, honestly, even if I have to wait a long loving time (it went a whole year between hardcovers 7 and 8).

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 23, 2012

LuchadoresDelNixon
Feb 7, 2007

Moonbase Alpha provides a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite

Friggin' hell, people. I love you, but it's NEGAN, with one "e". I swear this wouldn't bother me so much, but I know you've all been reading it, therefore none of you have an excuse.

I also think it reads best in trades, that's how I started reading them, and single issues never really cut it for me.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I type it as I pronounce it, GOD!

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

Clearly I'm a better person because I spelled it correctly. :smug:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

So the last two issues have been good! It's exciting to see things happening again, and fun to think about how it'll resolve.

Especially liked the tour of the mill, it was exposition but it was well done. Having an unreliable narrator always helps.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I like how Negan is treating Carl. I can't tell if he's mocking him or is genuinely impressed by him. Even his "poo poo, my bad" after the wound scene felt genuine. But yeah the last 2 comics have done a hell of a lot to make up with the story and I'm curious as to where things will go from here.

Also, guess we know how that one dude got burnt.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

Yeah, I genuinely enjoyed this issue, and I do hope Negan is sincere about Carl. That kid is just badass. But it was nice to see he hasn't completely iced up, and also a little sad.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
We talk a bunch about fast forwarding the story, but I would really like it if they fast forwarded 5 years starting next issue. Have Carl as Negan's right hand man. Rick doesnt know anything about whats happened to Carl other than he's dissapeared 5 years ago etc etc.

Iggles
Nov 24, 2004

By Jove! Commoners!

Carl will become Negan's son in the same way that the women are his wives. It'll end up with Carl "cheating" on Negan with Rick (nothing disgusting, I mean cheating on him by Rick being his dad in some way), Rick getting the iron and Carl killing Negan.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That sounds like a very reasonable assessment. If you added in something about Negan losing his dick or getting sodomized by Lucile, I'd accuse you of being secret Kirkman.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
So it looks like the Negan/Carl thing is about to come to a head. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd probably say that Negan's ultimate plan is to make him kill Rick to sever his ties with his father--who he believes is weak--and join Negan as the littlest marauder.

Of course, they'd never allow Rick to die, so I imagine Carl will probably turn around and use whatever weapon Negan gives him on Negan himself.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Negan will put a bomb on Carl.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Of course, they'd never allow Rick to die, so I imagine Carl will probably turn around and use whatever weapon Negan gives him on Negan himself.

Lucille, of course!

I'm really enjoying the Carl/Negan dynamic. Negan is a much more entertaining villain than the Governor was, which isn't saying much considering the Governor was a fairly one-dimensional rear end in a top hat. Negan is a homicidal lunatic with the smug charisma of Han Solo. :allears:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Can I be the first to make an Ironed Man joke or did someone already beat me to it?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Sometimes I read the responses to the letters in the back of an issue when I'm bored at work. Oh boy, what is wrong with me

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

what a long strange thread its been

omg chael crash posted:

Sometimes I read the responses to the letters in the back of an issue when I'm bored at work. Oh boy, what is wrong with me

I read letter hacks on the shitter.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Negan is a real scumbag with the whole harem and ironing peoples faces thing. Realistically you'd think one of his own men would've just shanked him by now. I can't imagine anyone putting up too much of a fuss considering he must piss off the other men in the group with his harem.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It would risk the whole thing turning into a power struggle that ends with everybody back out into the zombie wild if they did. Besides I doubt Negan let anybody he couldn't control through fear live long.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I guess it makes sense that people would be pretty hard up for food and shelter, considering the state of civilization. If you think the only alternative is starvation and running from Zombies I can see how people might stick around. And I can certainly see Negan being savvy enough to keep an eye out for anyone that could threaten his position.

I still think it's amazing that a few of the burned dudes and their friends haven't gotten together and said "gently caress this, let's just kill this rear end in a top hat and try to live like a normal community, instead of this medieval poo poo we have going now." It's not like Negan is some great leader or anything. He doesn't seem to do anything to that warrants loyalty. Any one of them could do what he does minus the dark age fuckery. Sure there might be a power struggle but it would be worth it as long as you got rid of Negan. Whoever ended up being the leader after that really wouldn't matter as long as he wasn't a sadist. But these guys have probably gone through so much hell they're probably pretty cowed by now. It's easier just to follow even when the guy you're following is a nutjob.

Of course all of this assumes that most people aren't interested in living like a Mad Max biker gang, and would want to try to move toward some semblance of what their previous life was like.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Feb 6, 2013

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

-Blackadder- posted:

Of course all of this assumes that most people aren't interested in living like a Mad Max biker gang, and would want to try to move toward some semblance of what their previous life was like.

Negan's way means they are exploiting the labour of others for food etc. instead of having to do it themselves.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

-Blackadder- posted:

I still think it's amazing that a few of the burned dudes and their friends haven't gotten together and said "gently caress this, let's just kill this rear end in a top hat and try to live like a normal community, instead of this medieval poo poo we have going now." It's not like Negan is some great leader or anything. He doesn't seem to do anything to that warrants loyalty. Any one of them could do what he does minus the dark age fuckery.

I am with you here. It seems like his size and brutality are the only things helping him maintain power. Is it really that hard to kill a despised tyrant, or did Negan just amass the most loathsome band of sociopaths to maintain security? I really hope when we face our next world-changing crisis, we won't suddenly forget that some pretty basic forms of democracy make everyone better off.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
Neegan is really the only thing maintaining their prosperity. Taking him out of the picture weakens them significantly in the eyes of the other cities and they certainly wouldn't receive any sympathy in return.

The saviors have been complicit in the murders of members of other societies and prosperity through extortion. I can't see the other societies trusting any of the saviors and they would likely be wiped out entirely.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I actually really liked #107.

Until the end where we are apparently going to meet the wise and powerful George Clinton.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009

therealjon_ posted:

Until the end where we are apparently going to meet the wise and powerful George Clinton.

Two black characters? one of them needs to die!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

The best thing that could happen to TWD is a Scooby-Doo style celebrity guest appearance. That's really him, and he's been living on the Mothership with Bootsie and the other P-Funk Allstars.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

moths posted:

The best thing that could happen to TWD is a Scooby-Doo style celebrity guest appearance. That's really him, and he's been living on the Mothership with Bootsie and the other P-Funk Allstars.

Please let this happen. That would rule so hard. It'd blow Prince Harry in crossed out of the water.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I'm surprised that there haven't been any posts here about the tiger. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OldMemes posted:

I'm surprised that there haven't been any posts here about the tiger. :catstare:

Ricky's reaction summed it up pretty good. The more insane of a direction they're taking the more interest in it I'm gaining.

But seriously, everything is coming off the rails.

• Locked thread