Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
And ping only affects how long it takes the packets to reach the server. If you have a 200ms ping and press activate a skill 1 second after the next, it isn't going to make the skill land 1.2 seconds after the first. It will still be 1 second apart. They would just land at the server at 0.2 and 1.2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

Hashal posted:

:siren: For anyone looking for a hard copy of the game still :siren:

I just checked and BestBuy has more copies for online order. They didn't yesterday when I checked but now they do. No clue how many copies they have, and they have a 1 per order limit, so got mine. $20 free shipping.

:goon:

I checked yesterday and today, and it shows up as in-store pickup only; though none of the stores in my area have a copy.

Did you do anything special?

Edit: Also are there still super nasty queues on the goon server?

Tarq fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 13, 2013

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Tarq posted:

I checked yesterday and today, and it shows up as in-store pickup only; though none of the stores in my area have a copy.

Did you do anything special?

Edit: Also are there still super nasty queues on the goon server?

Show's the same for me now. Must have sold out again.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Oh well.

Friends didn't want to transfer because they don't like PvP stuff and they wanna try roleplay.

Had some stuff happen in real life today, so I didn't get to do much with the guild business, though I did tell the guild leader how lovely I thought it was and she promised to tone it down.

I'll give it a few days.

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Velveteen posted:

It depends on the walls, some are see through, while some zooms you in on crotch. Its all trial and error to see which walls are tankable at. If there isn't a choice you'll just have to tank by sound.

Oh wow! I was wondering about why some walls can be seen through, I thought it was because of some of my display setting that is causing it... This is good to know, thanks! By sound? Hmmm I need to jack up the audio level of the game...

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

crazkylo posted:

How long should I stick with a class to get a feel of how they will play? Will playing the prologue give me a general idea of what later levels will feel like?

Some classes don't mature for a stupidly long time. Sorcerers drastically change at level 48. Warriors change significantly throughout the entire game.

Other classes mature very quickly. You should have a decent idea of how a Berserker or a Lancer will play by level 10. Slayers mature at level 16. For soloing, Priests mature at level 14.

Willias fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 14, 2013

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I tried my warrior the other day and it looks like they had a lot of changes since I played them, as there was a tonne of skills to buy from the trainer. I'm only level 25 with him but can't remember how to play at all, and getting four or five new skills didn't help much.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is anyone using a PS3 controller to play this? It mentioned being able to use one, so I plugged mine in. My pc added drivers for it and while the UI showed button layout for the controller, nothing I did seemed to work.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah I play with one. Download MotioninJoy Dualshock 3 tool and you should be able to make your controller emulate an Xbox controller - this was the only way I could get mine to work in game.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Brilliant, thanks. Found a good site setup to walk me through it.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Brilliant, thanks. Found a good site setup to walk me through it.

Any chance you could link said site? Thanks!

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Heads up ya'll

:siren:You can pick up a boxed copy of Tera for **$12** at any EB games in Australia:siren:

https://ebgames.com.au/pc-157688-Tera-PC

Benefits of physical copy here. (tawny huntress pack)

The emeralds sell to vendors for 1000g each. The scrolls and mount (if you choose to sell them) can net you another 2000g.

tearshed fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 14, 2013

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
So just transferred to the pvp server from tempest reach on my lancer since learning you no longer need to be level 40 to do so, and now i cant apply to a guild until the 17th. They certainly have some crazy lock out times for random actions in this game.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

tearshed posted:

Heads up ya'll

:siren:You can pick up a boxed copy of Tera for **$12** at any EB games in Australia:siren:

The emeralds sell to vendors for 1000g each. The scrolls and mount (if you choose to sell them) can net you another 2000g.

Semi-enigs can sell for 1000-1400 right now even without Tawny! Can anyone here confirm that the aus edition isn't something silly like Frogster? A quick Google doesn't really confirm anything to me within the first few results, and I assume a goon has already bought one there to confirm.
vvvv: Thanks! Might go hog wild and grab 4 copies and then use the gold from them to get stuff like race change.

Eigo fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 14, 2013

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Eigo posted:

Semi-enigs can sell for 1000-1400 right now even without Tawny! Can anyone here confirm that the aus edition isn't something silly like Frogster? A quick Google doesn't really confirm anything to me within the first few results, and I assume a goon has already bought one there to confirm.
I made my post after I just got home with my boxed copy and plugged in the keys, I can confirm. I'm in Aus and playing on American servers. Remember: only china/russia/something is IP blocked. Everyone else can play wherever they want. (Euro play on US, vice versa, etc). A tera key works with any edition (eu or US).

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

tearshed posted:

Heads up ya'll

Have you actually confirmed this is for En Masse's TERA (US)? Because the box picture has an Ubisoft logo on it, and they published the retail copies for Frogster's TERA (EU).

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

gibbed posted:

Have you actually confirmed this is for En Masse's TERA (US)? Because the box picture has an Ubisoft logo on it, and they published the retail copies for Frogster's TERA (EU).
I made a Tera U.S. F2P account a week ago.

I bought tera boxed copy from EB games today.

I applied the code normal and backwards.

I am now a veteran/founder and have 4000 gold worth of items.

All of that I did before I made my announcement.

Now go enjoy cheap stuff~

edit; took a quick picture. no ubisoft, has enmasse on it

tearshed fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Feb 14, 2013

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

tearshed posted:

Cool, just wanted to make sure people didn't buy the wrong thing. I'm guessing EB grabbed a random box image instead of using a proper one.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

tearshed posted:

If I may ask, which EB?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

tehsid posted:

If I may ask, which EB?
Warringah mall/Brookvale/Sydney/NSW

When I went looking for Tera copies on the EB website a few days ago, the website said they had limited stock. Now it's in stock? Dunno. I also called the day before I picked it up to reserve a copy. Also Tera is the 2nd best selling pc game according to EB :psyduck:

Anyway, call before you go in to see if they have any in stock.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

tearshed posted:

When I went looking for Tera copies on the EB website a few days ago, the website said they had limited stock. Now it's in stock? Dunno. I also called the day before I picked it up to reserve a copy. Also Tera is the 2nd best selling pc game according to EB :psyduck:

I guess it is hard to sell physical copies of games in this day and age where Steam is a thing.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I applied to Dragongod Knightkings on my mighty popori slayer Cervantis. I think I did it right, I'm not sure. I used the in-game thing. You can only have one character in it, right?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Any amount of characters at 60 and one non-60.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

tearshed posted:

This is genius. Make founders skip queue, have a long queue because founders keep skipping ahead of f2p people. People get fed up and buy up all remaining unsold copies of Tera. Extra profit!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Velveteen posted:

This is genius. Make founders skip queue, have a long queue because founders keep skipping ahead of f2p people. People get fed up and buy up all remaining unsold copies of Tera. Extra profit!

Me and Bunbun are very happy we bought the game after BETA now. :v:

<<<<: Someone sure is upset that I have a problem with my guild.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 14, 2013

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

ZionestLord posted:

Any chance you could link said site? Thanks!

Sorry it's a little late but http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/05/tera-recommended-ps3-controller-set-up/

I found that not changing the Y axis like it says is better. When I did the movements were all inverted.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

Me and Bunbun are very happy we bought the game after BETA now. :v:

<<<<: Someone sure is upset that I have a problem with my guild.

Hahah. Oh man that is great. Goons, completely missing the point :allears:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Does the PvE ever pick up in difficulty?
I'm level 11 now, just about to go to Lumbertown for the first time, and I've never even been in real danger of dying.
I've been able to solo every single quest I've found, even one of the 'challenge' ones where the NPCs told me about five times before it started that I should be in a party.

I mean, I know that was just the starter island, but... Does it get harder before the serious endgame raid stuff, or is it all trivial?

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
I am wondering the same thing as well. But I think it is more of being aware of things and not just standing in one spot getting hit all the time. Granted I am only level 9 and still on Noob Isle. But as a sorc, I am finding myself side stepping or jumping back a bit, which isn't to say that is a bad thing, I just know I can't get hit too often as I am squishy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The first twenty or so levels are pretty much a sleepwalk. Does it pick up? Yes, significantly. You've basically just seen the smash face on keyboard level of content so far.

Just wait until you fight your first BAM. With any luck you'll think its just another mob and have the surprise of your life :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The games difficulty doesnt really pic up till you fight your first BAM. Most pve quest trash is designed to be leashed on your mount and then aoe grinded for easy completion. But BAM fights are slow, careful fights that test your patience and your reaction. Those can seriously gently caress you up real quick if you screw up.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Dungeon bosses also get trickier. I got curb stomped trying to do Kelsaiks Nest the other day.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

When you reach 20 you meet your first BAM, the basilisk. Its most likely going to stomp you into the ground the first few times trying it.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

DancingShade posted:

The first twenty or so levels are pretty much a sleepwalk. Does it pick up? Yes, significantly. You've basically just seen the smash face on keyboard level of content so far.

Just wait until you fight your first BAM. With any luck you'll think its just another mob and have the surprise of your life :v:

Although to be fair, the first quest that asks you to be in a group isn't very obvious about it. The group icon is sort of tiny and incomprehensible unless you know what it's supposed to be. The first one I fought didn't seem amazingly strong or difficult, it just seemed like a pointless damage sponge. I finally gave up out of boredom and just abandoned the quest, which I've done with basically all the group quests. Having to group up to do normal mindless 'kill 5 of X' questing is not something I'm interested in at all.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Velveteen posted:

When you reach 20 you meet your first BAM, the basilisk. Its most likely going to stomp you into the ground the first few times trying it.
My first BAM was shaped like an egg which turned into a loving spider when I curiously shot it.

Ovoliths! :argh:

(This was near Lumbertown)

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

gibbed posted:

My first BAM was shaped like an egg which turned into a loving spider when I curiously shot it.

Ovoliths! :argh:

(This was near Lumbertown)
Just wait until you decide to harvest that plant over there between the piles of rock.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Are the rewards for BAM quests worth it? When I hit one with my most powerful attack and did less than 1% of it's HP I gave up instantly.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Also, in later zones, enemies will have 'gently caress you' dodging movements designed to make them move out of the giant skill you just queued up, their bigger attacks will seriously hurt you and their cues become harder to see and quicker. It's still basically mobs like any other MMO has but they do get trickier to kill as you go through the game.

Thievery posted:

Are the rewards for BAM quests worth it? When I hit one with my most powerful attack and did less than 1% of it's HP I gave up instantly.
Usually the reward is a ton of exp compared to a normal quest and sometimes a good item on top of that. They also give something like ten times the exp of a regular mob. They're really for group quests and social grinding though, get 3-4 people to kill a bunch and it's a blast.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 14, 2013

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Yes, you will at least want to have 4 or 5 members when doing BAM quests. Don't bother if you're less, it's not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

If you can solo it fast and efficiently its actually a lot of exp. Its also quite fun and challenging to do so.

• Locked thread