Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The real reason the Pope resigned is because he knew nothing he has done or will ever do could even remotely compare to the saintliness of DDP. :c00lbert:

Also, he did not want to feel the BANG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Also, he did not want to feel the BANG.

There's a "Catholic officials are pedophiles" joke here somewhere...

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
This is a really elaborate setup for a stable of old dudes.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

can't wait for Hall/Michaels to battle in a ladder match at WM30 to honor the 20-year anniversary

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Sionistic posted:

This is a really elaborate setup for a stable of old dudes.
Here's what I find funny about a stable of DDP, clean Jake The Snake, and clean Scott Hall returning to the WWE: they would be the most dominating faction in WWE history because EVERYONE would want to job to them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChaseIsStupid/status/301870388906962946/photo/1

welp

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
What if he's not. What if...they keep the look but he's now La Pinata. He's fully of candy and all his foes want to bust him open for it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Maybe now he's El Complexico!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

What if he's not. What if...they keep the look but he's now La Pinata. He's fully of candy and all his foes want to bust him open for it.

"Hey look Cole....he stole Vickie's gimmick!"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

Maybe now he's El Complexico!

El Marca Comercial more like it

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Apparently he was announced as El Generico as well.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
If only someone got footage out of it, which you'd think someone there would have done. It's like the Kings of Wrestling vs Punk and Rollins Dark Main Event on NXT

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sir Jebus posted:

Apparently he was announced as El Generico as well.

Did he have a match?

I'm elated that it looks like he's keeping the gimmick, I'd almost rather prefer he gets a new name though because I'd hate to think of him signing the rights over.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

Did he have a match?

I'm elated that it looks like he's keeping the gimmick, I'd almost rather prefer he gets a new name though because I'd hate to think of him signing the rights over.

I wonder how much control HHH has there. Is it possible that he could allow someone to maintain that gimmick without obtaining the rights in NXT, but Vince could override that if he gets called up?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I wonder how much control HHH has there. Is it possible that he could allow someone to maintain that gimmick without obtaining the rights in NXT, but Vince could override that if he gets called up?
Talent Relations were quite poor when Ace was in charge for a number of reasons. I'd say the reason so many indy guys are getting hired is because Triple H actually cares about the prosperity of the business, and in instances like El Generico or CM Punk where they have so much charisma and such an established name, it doesn't hurt to let them keep their gimmicks and names.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I might actually watch WWE again if El Generico doesn't get wasted with some ironically generic gimmick. :stare:

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
It might be that they are letting him use that gimmick while they come up with something for him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sionistic posted:

It might be that they are letting him use that gimmick while they come up with something for him

Take the mask off. You're the son of the son of a plumber. And you get no promo time.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I'd like to believe Trips has realized that Generico is one of the biggest names on the indie circuit, and touching the gimmick in any way would diminish it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Far more likely that it's a case of "We've got some house shows and a new guy to put on them, we'll let him use his Indie stuff till we think of the right generic, Canadian sounding name for TV."

But a man can dream, though. A man can dream...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Dress him up like The Mountie and use that gimmick. Pretend it's the same guy from before.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Flameingblack posted:

Dress him up like The Mountie and use that gimmick. Pretend it's the same guy from before.

Then get Steen and he can take his anger out on two enemies.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Flameingblack posted:

I'm in 100% if they get Generico to sing his own theme

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bocc Kob posted:

I might actually watch WWE again if El Generico doesn't get wasted with some ironically generic gimmick. :stare:

Isn't his whole schtick an ironically generic gimmick? It's right there in the name!

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
His finishier aside from The BRRRAINBUSTAAAAAAAH! is called the Taco Pizza.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Big E Langston posted:

"@AJLeeUniversity: didn't you wish you could have superpowers?" My ears are tiny so I'm extra aerodynamic. What more do I need?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

We need a weekly segment on Raw of Big E's Musings. Just him talking straight down the camera and saying poo poo like this.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Big E's advice

quote:

Big E Langston þ@BigELangston
"@seanmearns: I'm all alone tonight for Valentines Day. Any suggestions?" Loiter outside your nearest Shapes, 12-piece KFC bucket in hand.

quote:

"@Batman_Infinite: @BigELangston Wife wants to cook and watch a movie together. Any suggestions as to what movie we should watch?" Ben-Hur.

quote:

"@TTSmith722: "My girlfriend likes you more than me." Tell her I will knock down her door w/ a battering ram if she doesn't get it together.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Big E is legit. Is he lovely in the ring? This guy could be going places if they let him.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
A battering ram he says...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

quote:

"@SeanARubio: I don't know where to take my girlfriend for dinner." Ruth's Chris. The alley behind, that is. So many barely eaten steaks.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Wojtek posted:

Big E is legit. Is he lovely in the ring? This guy could be going places if they let him.

He's VERY good for a big man. I'm still unsure about his finisher though. Sometimes it looks loving brutal, sometimes it looks like it hurts him more than the other guy.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Wojtek posted:

He hasn't had a match longer than 2 minutes in NXT, aside from his title win over Seth Rollins. He's crisp, his moves look impactful, and he can be carried by guys as good as Rollins - I'm not sure where that puts him on the lovely-not lovely scale.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It puts him above Khali, which is a start. If he promos like he twitters, we have a genuine winner on our hands.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It puts him above Khali, which is a start. If he promos like he twitters, we have a genuine winner on our hands.

I hope so, but he hasn't shown the ability to transcend their lovely material yet. I liked his "black comedian's white guy voice" promo at Rumble, but nothing else he's said on TV has even come close to being as funny as he is on Twitter. Hopefully he can make the most of it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Kevin Nash being a dick as usual

Does he even know about Jake?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nash is an idiot who doesn't understand dependency and thinks that Hall has just made a clear choice to continue using drugs for years. He also probably doesn't like the fact that DDP might do something that he could never do, which is save Scott Hall, and I'm sure if Hall sticks it out and is improved in a year or so, it will be because Nash had a heart to heart with him in late 2012 and convinced him to get help or something because everything has to revolve around Kevin Nash.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

John Cena posted:

Sorry @wwe I've been silent for a bit, was with some great friends catching up. Apparently some of my material was deemed #toohotfortwitter

I understand and hope you all do to. In other news, for the first time in years I am excited about #Valentinesday @WWE how will u spend it?

In closing, went to grocery store yesterday, it is a true honor to be on the # fruitypebbles box. A first for @WWE + I'm proud to be a part
:jerkbag:

The Rock posted:

@JohnCena @wwe Agreed. Excellent for the company. I'm gonna start calling you "Rolex" and we'll see what happens..

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nash is an idiot who doesn't understand dependency and thinks that Hall has just made a clear choice to continue using drugs for years. He also probably doesn't like the fact that DDP might do something that he could never do, which is save Scott Hall, and I'm sure if Hall sticks it out and is improved in a year or so, it will be because Nash had a heart to heart with him in late 2012 and convinced him to get help or something because everything has to revolve around Kevin Nash.

Also the detox thing, he helped Jake get through it and Jake was worse, as in longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Jake tweeted that Hall had been sober for 15 days, and in that video, he's clearly hosed up on the phone, so I'm guessing that video was actually shot a few weeks ago. In which case, it's entirely possible that Hall did go to a detox center to dry out before going to the house.