Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

gooby on rails posted:

I want to make that bit about the shark wearing a bolo tie my ringtone.

Give me like a day and I can probably rip the audio.

e: All of torgue's audio.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm starting up a Siren, and running through the mandatory ice level a third time is kind of tiring. Does anyone have any early nice single digit gear they'd be willing to share? I'd be willing to offer stuff from my other accounts to make up for the inconvenience.

I think you know what I'm going to say here.

I owe you a bunch of tier 3 bar time. I'll be on around 9pm tomorrow night. That said, I have a level 5 legendary thunderball you might find interesting.

Neo Helbeast posted:

Oh wow, I'd love this too.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
There's a bunch of tongue ringtones in a zip on the Gearbox forums, that might be one of them I think.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

gooby on rails posted:

Funny I was just thinking the same thing.

Which leads us to:

Neo Helbeast posted:

"BLOWJOBS!"
(yes please)

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wanna hear about loot, pecs, and explosions! :allears:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm starting up a Siren, and running through the mandatory ice level a third time is kind of tiring. Does anyone have any early nice single digit gear they'd be willing to share? I'd be willing to offer stuff from my other accounts to make up for the inconvenience.

I've got a couple of things, yeah. Will you be on this afternoon/tonight sometime?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Speedboat Jones posted:

I wanna hear about loot, pecs, and explosions! :allears:
"THAT SENTENCE HAD TOO MANY SYLLABLES... AAAAAPOLOOOOGIIIIIIIIIIIZE!"

gooby on rails posted:

Everything is here: http://www.borderlands2.com/us/#downloads - more specifically: http://downloads.2kgames.com/borderlands2/ringtones/torgue_ringtones_2.zip and holy poo poo they're hilarious.

There is one specifically called MEEDLYMEEDLYMEEDLYMOWWWWWWWWW!.mp3 that, oh my god, that's definitely my new ringtone. Oh and let's not forget everyone's holiday favorite SQUEEDLYBAMBLYFEEDLYMEEDLYMOWWWWWW!.mp3

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 13, 2013

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
"THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO HOLD AN OPINION CONTRARY TO MINE!" would be amazing. The game reviewer quest is my favorite. :allears:

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I want a ringtone of the psycho Hamlet.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the Badass Crater of Badassitude! NO LITTERING!

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
They have a whole mess of ringtones on the borderlands 2 website:

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/#downloads

For some strange reason they're missing quite a few notable quotes so I ripped a bunch from the game files a while back. It turns out that there is still many lines that you can't even extract from the game files. I ended up extracting audio from youtube videos. It took quite a while but I eventually managed to get my favorite line: "I'm here to ask you one question and one question only, EXPLOSIONS?"

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

10 Beers posted:

I've got a couple of things, yeah. Will you be on this afternoon/tonight sometime?

I'm on right now; ping me on Live if you've got the time.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Anyone on 360 wanna help me through TVHM Wildlife Exploitation Reserve? Super badasses everywhere.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Dross posted:

I want a ringtone of the psycho Hamlet.
Where does this guy show up at? I've heard about him a while ago but not entirely sure I've ever run into him... And if I did I may have exploded him too quickly.

Also, that just made me realize I want Face McShooty as a ringtone as well. I love that guy. :3

edit: vvv Oh, poo poo... Then I definitely haven't heard it.

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 14, 2013

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's a random bark from any psycho with a very low chance of happening.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Yeah, thankfully someone ripped the file and put it on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eUK5zBHzsA

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I need more Goons to play Borderlands 1 with

You can all play as the Soldier and I will be a Siren and I will own everything and ease the cool down on that turret you just threw against a wall.

Borderlands 1 Siren, I am in my element and I'm rocking found equipment.

What does this bonus mean? How is that mathematically possible? Who gives a gently caress?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Duke Chin posted:

Where does this guy show up at? I've heard about him a while ago but not entirely sure I've ever run into him... And if I did I may have exploded him too quickly.

Also, that just made me realize I want Face McShooty as a ringtone as well. I love that guy. :3

edit: vvv Oh, poo poo... Then I definitely haven't heard it.

Oh I'm sure you have, just only like the first second or two of it. They'll say it when bum rushing you.

You know how Call of Duty (the last few of them, pick one) is the perfect example of a game with way too much of a budget? BL2 seems to basically be the same way, only they got the superfluous poo poo part of their budget when the core game was mostly done. There's so much tiny, insignificant, missable stuff. I love it.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Captain McStabbin posted:

Yeah, thankfully someone ripped the file and put it on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eUK5zBHzsA

This is great but does not help me put it on my phone :smith:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Finally went through and did all of the side missions in the Hammerlock DLC (didn't take long, Gearbox) and was pleasantly surprised to see that almost every boss dropped their unique blue weapon after just one or two tries. Also I found the Werner-Herzog-esque mission giver pretty amusing- I wish there was an option to have that guy just narrate the whole game :allears:.

As for the unique weapons I like the Rex (although I wish the drat thing had a scope and it is of little use to my Gunzerker)- feels like one of the slow-firing mid-range-sniper-type revolvers from the first game. Also I can't decide whether I like the Neogenator or the Rough Rider as a shield for a health-focused character more- does the Rough Rider's gimmick of having the shield down all the time trigger Inconceivable to be at it's max chance of not consuming ammo? The description is kinda vague- it seems like it does, but I'm not sure.

EDIT:

Dross posted:

This is great but does not help me put it on my phone :smith:

http://www.listentoyoutube.com/

Here ya go, bud. Site is kinda sketchy looking but the other one I usually use is down at the moment. Works, though. Cut the file up in Audacity if need be.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 14, 2013

Phreizr
Nov 1, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Also I can't decide whether I like the Neogenator or the Rough Rider as a shield for a health-focused character more- does the Rough Rider's gimmick of having the shield down all the time trigger Inconceivable to be at it's max chance of not consuming ammo? The description is kinda vague- it seems like it does, but I'm not sure.

If it's not at max chance it's pretty drat close. I like to equip a War Dog mod with it and go to town with Out of Bubblegum + Inconceivable. Add a bit of Filled to the Brim and/or 5 Shots or 6 and you will almost never stop shooting bullets crazy-fast.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Dewgy posted:

Oh I'm sure you have, just only like the first second or two of it. They'll say it when bum rushing you.

You know how Call of Duty (the last few of them, pick one) is the perfect example of a game with way too much of a budget? BL2 seems to basically be the same way, only they got the superfluous poo poo part of their budget when the core game was mostly done. There's so much tiny, insignificant, missable stuff. I love it.

This is probably why I've played through the entire campaign 5 times now and the game is showing no signs of getting old. Now that I think of it I saw two enemies just yesterday that I'd never seen before. Seeing an Ultimate Badass Varkhid pop out of its cocooon for the first time is pretty intimidating. I don't do a whole lot of farming so I doubt I'll ever see Vermnivorious(or whatever his name is).

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Phreizr posted:

If it's not at max chance it's pretty drat close. I like to equip a War Dog mod with it and go to town with Out of Bubblegum + Inconceivable. Add a bit of Filled to the Brim and/or 5 Shots or 6 and you will almost never stop shooting bullets crazy-fast.

Holy poo poo... time to go find a purple or blue Determined War Dog mod.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Bonus skins and a bonus gun for Valentine's Day.

quote:

Happy Loverpalooza -- don't miss the special celebratory SHiFT codes below!

For years, Moxxi has delighted and excited Pandora's denizens with her theatrical style, pithy innuendos, and a seemingly endless supply of exes. But when it comes time to give out anniversary gifts and every single day marks a possible anniversary with someone, what's a poor girl to do?

Simple -- the Loverpalooza! Today, everyone gets to be one of Miss Moxxi's honorary exes. And Moxxi treats her exes well (apart from the ones she kills, of course) -- on Loverpalooza Day, she bestows eligible Pandoran men and women with free stuff!

To receive your gifts from Miss Moxxi, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
Xbox 360 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
PlayStation 3 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW

This year's offerings include special celebratory skins -- "Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- that will be available in the Quick Change character customization station, along with a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.

These codes will be active through February 17, 2013 -- be sure to use them before them!

Looks like I have to get my character up to level 50 in the next 3 days.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I ripped that hamlet thing to an MP3 but I guess Mediafire no longer does anonymous uploads. Anybody got any other sites?

raditts posted:

Are you on right now? I'm about start Oasis on TVHM.

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS

raditts posted:

Ugh me too, I'm at 42 or something.:(

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.

Neo Helbeast posted:

I ripped that hamlet thing to an MP3 but I guess Mediafire no longer does anonymous uploads. Anybody got any other sites?

Try audiko.com

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Hooooly poo poo. Pink skins for everyone and a level 50 Heartbreaker?!?! :love::swoon::love:

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I'm really happy about the heartbreaker. I have the quest available in 2.5 but this saves time! More time to farm Saturn for a Hive, and then to find a low level Logan's Gun.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Neo Helbeast posted:

Nah, have to do this "job" thing for another couple hours... I'll probably be on around 6-7 EST tonight.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The heartbreaker I got from the shiftcode is alright, but the +100% crit damage one I got from finishing the quest is better. :getin:

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Speedboat Jones posted:

The heartbreaker I got from the shiftcode is alright, but the +100% crit damage one I got from finishing the quest is better. :getin:

The best one is the 'Practicable' model with increased pellet count.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

delpheye posted:

I'm really happy about the heartbreaker. I have the quest available in 2.5 but this saves time! More time to farm Saturn for a Hive, and then to find a low level Logan's Gun.

How low you looking for? I got a lvl 37 Logan if you want it.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Krampus, you are the man. I only wish I hadn't been on my shallow backpack mechromancer and I could have held on to some of these heads to dupe for others! Thanks!

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Speedboat Jones posted:

Krampus, you are the man. I only wish I hadn't been on my shallow backpack mechromancer and I could have held on to some of these heads to dupe for others! Thanks!

I can dupe more later, just had to get off xbl. I will be on more this weekend. Glad you enjoy your new heads.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Is the Ahab supposed to suck? Because I bought one that does 500K and the spear goes forward like 3 feet.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It ignores Hyperius' shield.

That's its notable effect

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

It ignores Hyperius' shield.

That's its notable effect

I was just playing with it with the ES glitch on, it removes the arc and speeds up the spear. I got to 188 Infinity stacks and tried it out and the game didn't give me damage numbers. Either things were instantly gibbed or they didn't take damage at all. I'm not sure what to make of that. My previous opinion has been reversed I love it.

Also the 12 pounder is really cool and smacking dudes in the face with an exploding bowling ball is super fun.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Moxxi's Heartbreaker used to be one of my main guns before I was forced to give it up due to out leveling it, but now its back and better than before! :toot:
The Pink skin is nice too but I've already got a better one for Maya from the DLC skin pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can tell the new Heartbreaker is an incredibly powerful gun in the normal game but it's less effective on the Hammerlock savages than the Blockhead I was using before because it has a less predictable shot pattern at range and you still can't get close to witch doctors without getting smashed.

• Locked thread