Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Jane's Crocker-Controlled outfit looks way better than the Life godtier colors. Also, poor Jake! He's just so dismayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Hey, the kids are God Tier, Jack's gone, Jade's here, everything's going gre-

.....:stare: Oh. Oh my.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobulus posted:

My knee is twitchin'. I predict an update soon. Going to go with...ten-ish updates.

:stare:

how... how did you...

But anyway woaaah, that's something. I think there was some talk waaay back about Condy doing exactly this? But then people were like 'no that's stupid', unless maybe noone said that and I made it up? I'm not sure.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
OK, now it makes sense why LE let all of the kids go God-tier. A perma-mind controlled Jade and Jane would be very, very handy for future schemes.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Meenah, why you gotta be so mean? :ohdear:

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Hey Bobulus, 7784 to 7826.

Don't care what system you're using, I was closer.

But we can still be bros, I guess. You freaky prophet.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Oh. Myyyyyy...

Every ounce of happy inside me died in one update.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And now my friend is harshing the update by ranting about how he's always hated Jane she's a loving idiot bitch he hopes she double-dies etc :smith:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
God the shots of the mind controlled kids are so loving uncomfortable to look at. :smith:

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Well.

This update was a thick slab of unadulterated "OH gently caress."

Edit: Okay, so let's recap.

1. HIC is currently mind controlling a Life player and Jade, who is easily the most powerful player to date.
2. Dirk, the deadliest of this session's players, and Caliborn's avatar have been teleported into the Furthest Ring.
3. The remaining kids are about to get their poo poo pushed in.

This is a straight up insurrection. The Condesce has been waiting for her chance to buck Lord English, and this is it.

Arthur Crackpot fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 16, 2013

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

FUUUUUUUUCK IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS :cry:
Where is John? Or Dave? Or Karkat? Karkat would put a stop to this poo poo, I'm sure. :v:

I like how mind control makes Jane red, just like the other Maid.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.

Tollymain posted:

And now my friend is harshing the update by ranting about how he's always hated Jane she's a loving idiot bitch he hopes she double-dies etc :smith:

Are you friends with Caliborn?

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Radio Paranoia posted:

Meenah, why you gotta be so mean? :ohdear:

She's not mean, just way more then 1000 years old and she's lost track of her moral code.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Didn't bro slice a meteor in half near the beginning? Dirk is in perfect meteor-slicing position.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

Quick sum-up of the Condesce's powers.

Can extend anyone's lifespan indefinitely.
Psiionic/Sollux-level eye beam psychic powers.
Handmaid/Aradia-level moving stuff psychic powers.
She can mind-control the following characters: GCat, Bec Noir, Bec PM, Jade, Kanaya, Karkat, Gamzee, Terezi (dunno if Aradia and Sollux get out of this by virtue of range or God Tier but it doesn't matter much with them so far away), ad any dersite or prospitian.
And whatever the gently caress else Lord English powered her up with.

CALLED IT! :thurman:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Tollymain posted:

What big teeth you have, Grandma! :buddy:

That deserves a :golfclap: .

closeted republican posted:

OK, now it makes sense why LE let all of the kids go God-tier. A perma-mind controlled Jade and Jane would be very, very handy for future schemes.

Actually, HIC seems more interested in Roxy and Jake. Jake, presumably, because LE wants to fight him. Roxy, I'm guessing, as part of her 'get out from under LE's thumb' plans.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
How did she get the Vriska/Tavros mind control powers again?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

John, now would be a pretty good time to show up and stop the Batterwitch from mind-controlling your sister.

Dave, Rose? Either of you two want to park that meteor anytime soon would be kind of nice, too.

...Guys? Come on, guys. This isn't funny. :ohdear:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Seriously, what the gently caress is John doing?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

David Copperfield posted:

Shenanigans, being 1000+ years old, you know. The usual.

I got nothing, dude.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

HIC doesn't gently caress around. Interesting that she apparently has a use for all of them except Dirk though, and even then wanted him alive.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

King of Solomon posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress is John doing?

Presumably he's busy being very, very tiny.

David Copperfield posted:

~*Genetic Engineering.*~ That's the only explanation we're getting.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
So amazing. )(IC is simply the best there is.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Holy poo poo nostalgia, this is like the exact same "Oh gently caress no" feeling I got as a kid watching DBZ when Ginyu took over Goku's body. This can only end horribly.

E: gently caress ME JADE'S MASSIVE HAIR WAS FORESHADOWING

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

VJeff posted:

CALLED IT! :thurman:

Oh wait, it was me who didn't think Jade could get taken over! My bad.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Welp, we're boned.

But really, you have gotta love that final panel.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Fucknag posted:

E: gently caress ME JADE'S MASSIVE HAIR WAS FORESHADOWING

"Massive"?

I will concede improbable, but "massive"?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well, compared to before. You know what I mean.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Tollymain posted:

What big teeth you have, Grandma! :buddy:

Actually, wait, we got a girl in a Red Hood in this update, too, didn't we? Now if only we had someone with Axekind to complete this picture.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Ablative posted:

Hey Bobulus, 7784 to 7826.

Don't care what system you're using, I was closer.

But we can still be bros, I guess. You freaky prophet.

http://updateiscoming.tumblr.com/

Since hussie uploads stuff to the site before updates are live, this tumblr can correctly predict every time it updates how many pages it is. it's cool.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
You guys remember when we were complaining about the comic being too concerned with teen drama?

Yeah, those were the days. :allears:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mazerunner posted:

Oh wait, it was me who didn't think Jade could get taken over! My bad.

It was reasonable at the time, 'cause the line of thought was "okay, she can use Tavros powers to take over her dog parts, but Jade's not all dog." We didn't count on her using Vriska powers to knock Jade's human parts unconscious before controlling the dog parts.

So, she could've had Jade shove Dirk's head up his rear end to tonsil depth, but she chose to bounce him to the Furthest Ring instead. She trying to send him to meet up with the meteor? Put him near a bubble? Just keep his Cool rear end out of the way for a while while she works?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Owned forever, Degrassi.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Arthur Crackpot posted:

You guys remember when we were complaining about the comic being too concerned with teen drama?

Yeah, those were the days. :allears:

Teen drama is still what got us into this whole mess, if you think about it.

If not for all the drama, Caliborn would have had no reason to give Jake the code for his Juju, so Trickster never would have happened, so the kids wouldn't have been in the crypts, so they would never have ascended, and thus would have died when the moons were destroyed.

It's simple, really!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

no

You guys were supposed to pose as a team

Not this

not this.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

loving Chekhov's Tiara up in this bitch.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds
My brain is still trying to process what just happened here. Jade, Jane, you go back to being not controlled right now young ladies. I am very disappointed in you.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Honestly, Jane has really lovely luck about being controlled. How long would that have been between Trickster Mode wearing off and this? Like, a few minutes?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Come on, John, you're needed here. You've got a BAD DOG in need of chastisement, a tiara to be punched off, and a Batterwitch in need of vengeancement for crimes against confection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

mr. stefan posted:

Come on, John, you're needed here. You've got a BAD DOG in need of chastisement, a tiara to be punched off, and a Batterwitch in need of vengeancement for crimes against confection.

If we do not at least get a visual callback to Jake and Meenah's DIE FISH HITLER panel, I will be forever disappointed.