Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Sigma-X posted:

It has been my MS Lync quote at the last two jobs I've had, for maybe 4 years. I don't provide the context of the comic so I'm sure some people think its just whatever, but it makes me happy.

I've been using "My fiesta name is Pendejo" as a chat status for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Apropos of nothing, I've had DRACULA DON'T GOT MUCH MONEY THIS WEEK MWWWAH-HA-HA stuck in my head all day :laugh:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02142008 A few strips after yours, I love the argument so much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

A few strips after yours

This happens to me every time I click a link to Achewood, I end up clicking on the next strip, then the next one, then the next one.... :)

Edit: Oh snap, the strip after yours links to an "Achewood Generator", our non-updated Achewood days are behind us!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I found myself using "own your situation" in an argument a while ago.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I am so in love with Roast Beef being convinced that society requires the use of special lamps. Even with no updates achewood still brings me so much joy.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Wanderer posted:

I found myself using "own your situation" in an argument a while ago.

Achewood has a way of just hell of messing with your vocabulary.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12132007

I hope one day to be able to create a death relationship with someone, but hope I never have to. Also could someone repost the comic that "You can do whatever you want to in life" is from?

E: The things you find with random comic buttons. "Go get pegged in a room, supper chunks."
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09122008

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 17, 2013

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12132007

I hope one day to be able to create a death relationship with someone, but hope I never have to. Also could someone repost the comic that "You can do whatever you want to in life" is from?

http://www.ohnorobot.com/index.pl?comic=636&s=you+can+do+whatever+you+want+in+life&search=Find

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Did not know the search existed, thanks!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
DENISE!

ARE YOU CRAPPIN'?

YOU FEED THE DOG YET?

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 17, 2013

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
This makes me hell of happy. (Look at the URL)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just love Onstadt's way with words in this one. The best thing about achewood is you could read a line completely out of context and almost always correctly guess who said it (assuming you don't have that particular strip memorized).

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl
You can't bugger a kid online, not even with Flash.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Fister Roboto posted:

I just love Onstadt's way with words in this one. The best thing about achewood is you could read a line completely out of context and almost always correctly guess who said it (assuming you don't have that particular strip memorized).

Seriously. It's kinda incredible how Onstad managed to make each character, each one presumably based off of an aspect of his own personality, so distinct and different from each other. His only slip-up (which I think is more of an indulgence) is that pretty much the entire cast knows a great deal about food and cooking.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man, I forgot all about :

code:
> Bugger 
that child

That child is
Philippe

Crackerman
Jun 23, 2005

"Placid afternoons of unhurried buggery" actually wormed its way into my everyday speech. It's a hell of a thing to just drop into a conversation though.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Crackerman posted:

"Placid afternoons of unhurried buggery" actually wormed its way into my everyday speech. It's a hell of a thing to just drop into a conversation though.

Not unlike "This coprophiliac fantasy buffet ends now."

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I've always loved the different variations on the "Philippe receives a package" theme. Are there any I'm missing?

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 22, 2013

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

I've always loved the beat panel at the end of this one with Teodor just looking like "what the gently caress just happened."

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

Rollersnake posted:

I've always loved the different variations on the "Philippe receives a package" theme. Are there any I'm missing?

There's the I Am Capable Of Wonderful Things doll.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Do you count this one? Looks like a small omission, is a small omission!

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

As a parent, I am dying at the "cannot eat a carrot for several years" thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rollersnake posted:

My favorite: The Kid Who Arrested Metallica!

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
As a Mexican, I must remember my lifestyle, though colorful, is spiced with the eternal condiment of sin.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
I find it hard to believe a woman that would send her son Chick Tracts would also purchase a Walk-Around Butt.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Moscow Mule posted:

I find it hard to believe a woman that would send her son Chick Tracts would also purchase a Walk-Around Butt.
You didn't see the child-rearing-expert testimonials in the infomercial. They're really convincing.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
If you're wearing a Walk-Around Butt, your actual butt is properly covered.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
drat it woman, ain't been no sounds.

I love that this is what Beef picks for if he wins a bet.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
I guess this one would explain why we never saw The Cookbook II.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ha, I forgot all about Lyle refusing to "hold" on the phone

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Jesus, pretty much all of 2009 feels .... Well, it's still Achewood but there is a subtle ...wrongness about it.
The lash of thantos, the North Korean Magical realism. all has this underlaying feeling about it, that is hard to describe.

gwaaargh
Jul 7, 2010

by XyloJW
Achewood update: a cartoon.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Well, didn't see that one coming :stare:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

That loving animation :catstare:

I am cautiously optimistic if this means we can get the true achewood feel, though I'm not sure if it would really work in motion.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I actively have no idea what to make of that cartoon, I kind of hate the animation but it's more Achewood so what a loving push. Gamecube graphics, Ray voiced, possible cookbook explanations, my confusion is unending.

Nathander
Apr 23, 2008
I kind of like the animation myself. In part I'll admit it's because I can' imagine a cartoon of Achewood itself being animated in a particularly smooth style, and the weird jankiness of the animation and graphics kind of fits to me. I have no clue why but it seems perfect to me for how Achewood should be animated. It'd almost seem wrong if it was a traditionally animated cartoon or even a pleasant looking one for reasons I can't describe aside from the weird, scribble like nature Achewood has always had to me.

I'm going to go ahead and try to be optimistic on this.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Johnny Aztec posted:

Jesus, pretty much all of 2009 feels .... Well, it's still Achewood but there is a subtle ...wrongness about it.
The lash of thantos, the North Korean Magical realism. all has this underlaying feeling about it, that is hard to describe.

For the last several arcs I found them all relatively underwhelming (second Cartilage Head arc in particular, since the first was one of my favorites) or containing at least one moment that sort of ruined things for me (Vlad trying to justify Ray hitting on Polly, Molly's mother being a hypocrite about Little Nephew's advancements and blaming Iowerth when it was her idea to bring him back in the first place), or sometimes both. The scene in the back of Nice Pete's van in the high school arc is probably the worst of the latter. Come to think of it, that arc didn't really have an ending, either; Ray talked to David Lynch (which was fantastic) to get rid of Nice Pete, while Beef talked with Pete and then that's it.

This, meanwhile, is... Well, it's a thing. Whatever voices they choose likely won't feel "right", but I'm not just going to write it off. Hope it goes somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I have to admit I always liked Shmorky's take.