Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

NeurosisHead posted:

I guess I played this for a few weeks a long time ago, because I got an email about free funbucks for being a founder or something. How has f2p treated the game? What's the goon population like?

Game population has exploded, Guild is fairy active, and you don't have to wait in the queue since you've already bought the game the first time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
What is the queue time like for subs? I rolled a character on the new PVP server to see if I liked the game, and thinking of coming to the Goon server once he hits 20. But, my playtime is limited so queuing sucks for me.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Tarq posted:

What is the queue time like for subs? I rolled a character on the new PVP server to see if I liked the game, and thinking of coming to the Goon server once he hits 20. But, my playtime is limited so queuing sucks for me.

At least on EU version it was about 30 minutes at worst on the most popular pvp server, when I only had the sub active. The estimate time/# of people in queue was usually pretty correct instead of just being an arbitrary number that you watch jump a bunch of numbers up when the paying members get to go ahead of you.

Edit:
Can someone explain the purpose of Master Leash to me? Is it just supposed to be used on a second monster after leashing one or does it have some other function?

Demicol fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 17, 2013

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Demicol posted:

Edit:
Can someone explain the purpose of Master Leash to me? Is it just supposed to be used on a second monster after leashing one or does it have some other function?

You can use it as an extra CC after leash or use it if you miss as well, thus why people call it 'oh poo poo-leash'.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
So I decided to sub for the hell of it. But still getting a terrible queue. Logging in at 8:15PM CST on a Saturday and it is an estimated 54 min wait.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Tarq posted:

So I decided to sub for the hell of it. But still getting a terrible queue. Logging in at 8:15PM CST on a Saturday and it is an estimated 54 min wait.

You would want to have gotten your hands on veteran/founder status.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Demicol posted:

At least on EU version it was about 30 minutes at worst on the most popular pvp server, when I only had the sub active. The estimate time/# of people in queue was usually pretty correct instead of just being an arbitrary number that you watch jump a bunch of numbers up when the paying members get to go ahead of you.

Edit:

You can use it to grab extra threat in a heavily geared party if your character isn't up to scratch.

I've MTed nexus at lvl 59, I can heavily vouch for this.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Tarq posted:

Yeah, only people who purchased the game before F2P, the 'founders', get queue priority. And even as one of those people, I think that sucks. It's all well and good to be nice to your loyal customers, but you've got to send the people actually paying a monthly fee to the front of the line if you expect them to continue paying a monthly fee. In my unasked-for opinion, the queue priority should be founder subscribers > subscribers > founders > F2P'ers.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

BobTheJanitor posted:

Yeah, only people who purchased the game before F2P, the 'founders', get queue priority. And even as one of those people, I think that sucks. It's all well and good to be nice to your loyal customers, but you've got to send the people actually paying a monthly fee to the front of the line if you expect them to continue paying a monthly fee. In my unasked-for opinion, the queue priority should be founder subscribers > subscribers > founders > F2P'ers.

Who knows what it'll be, right now all the older subbers are cruising on a free month of Elite.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
You can still purchase a box copy of the game to get founders. As long as you have the code.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Retro Access posted:

Who knows what it'll be, right now all the older subbers are cruising on a free month of Elite.

It'll be founders get priority, everyone else gets to wait. Unless they decide to change it at some future date, that's what it is. That was already planned out before it went F2P. The elite leftover time people are on doesn't really have anything to do with their queue times.

milk man
Jun 5, 2012

Trigger warning: Hate speech
To people who have played the game for a while:

What would you say are its greatest strengths and weaknesses? What do you love and what do you hate?

Also, I heard that you can set up "arena" type matches with other people and put money/items on the line. That sounds absolutely hilarious. I would love to roll up with some visibly mediocre gear, throw down a huge bet, and slap on Warlord Tier 18 God Fucker Armor right as the battle starts.

Is there an active money match PvP community?

e: also, can you use health potions or other incredibly abusive consumables during money matches? :allears:

milk man fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 17, 2013

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Playing during the nexus is just near impossible for me. The lag makes it so a monster dies and 5-10 minutes later I get the xp. Going to use the nexus as times to do something else

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia
GOONS ON LAKE OF TEARS

Our goon house made a guild called Unicorn Farting Weed Smoke, if you hate everyone on the server or are high pretty much 24/7 hit up Spoil

We are mostly based around trolling and making people on the server super unhappy.

Megatrauma
Jan 16, 2012
Barchimedes on Mount Tyrannas.

53, close to hit 54.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Foil posted:

GOONS ON LAKE OF TEARS

Our goon house made a guild called Unicorn Farting Weed Smoke, if you hate everyone on the server or are high pretty much 24/7 hit up Spoil

We are mostly based around trolling and making people on the server super unhappy.
Some asshat invited me to a guild and promptly kicked me while I was leveling at the island of dawn. I had no idea (at the time) there was a 1 week cooldown between joining/leaving guilds. Aaaaa.

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia

tearshed posted:

Some asshat invited me to a guild and promptly kicked me while I was leveling at the island of dawn. I had no idea (at the time) there was a 1 week cooldown between joining/leaving guilds. Aaaaa.

EDIT: I READ THIS LIKE AN IDIOT, my bad.

Foil fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 17, 2013

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
^ haha thats fine.

(edited)

ZombieGrinder
Aug 26, 2008

Prepared for the imminent invasion.
Just picked this back up after getting an e-mail about a free game and free stuff. Time for a crash course in level 42 warrior.

For goons on Mount Tyrannas; is DGKK full?

Reciprocator
Jun 26, 2002

You're not taking drugs are you? I only ask because there is a zero-tolerance policy on the island, and I wouldn't want you to have to punch yourself in the face.
Any way to make the game launch at something more than glacial speed once you've hit "PLAY" in the launcher?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

ZombieGrinder posted:

Just picked this back up after getting an e-mail about a free game and free stuff. Time for a crash course in level 42 warrior.

For goons on Mount Tyrannas; is DGKK full?

When I checked applications a few hours ago we still had room. Go ahead and apply. What's your character?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They could do something to make warrior tanking slightly easier. 9M is your largest taunt range and evasive roll constantly moving you and the boss, it's harsh.

Speaking of tanking, I'm in agreement with my friend that they should let berserkers tank as well to widen the number of classes that can do it. You've got one class that levels poorly and isn't very cool and the other is very demanding on player skill. Berserkers already have a block, slap the two warrior stances and Battle Cry on them too.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 17, 2013

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Thought I would give this a go during the weekend.
"Unable to contact reliable source" :smith:

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Carecat posted:

They could do something to make warrior tanking slightly easier. 9M is your largest taunt range and evasive roll constantly moving you and the boss, it's harsh.

Speaking of tanking, I'm in agreement with my friend that they should let berserkers tank as well to widen the number of classes that can do it. You've got one class that levels poorly and isn't very cool and the other is very demanding on player skill. Berserkers already have a block, slap the two warrior stances and Battle Cry on them too.

I think warriors definitely need a push so they can go through hard modes easier, but zerks have almost zero utility even if they could taunt. Their only stun is also a turnaround with very low chance, which would gently caress up DPS pretty bad while having them stop big moves very rarely and they don't have a debuff on endurance like warriors or lancers.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Carecat posted:

The lancer's challenging shout is also 10m. As a warrior, you also have block so there is no need for you to constantly roll around the boss. Just spam your threat moves and you can get your resolve back to block more. Your highest aggro move is torrent of blows which reduces the chance of you being knocked down and reduces your damage taken by 1/2 while casting it. Its a wider arc than shield counter and can be used every 7 seconds. I don't think theres anything significantly different from lancers and warriors in tanking. Warriors also have superior debuffs with combative strike and traverse cut.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Are you calling lancers not very cool? What?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Torrent of Blows is pretty much the best taunt you can ever wish for and I'm easily holding aggro against people in full +12 with my t14+9 swords whereas most lancers in t14+9 can't hold aggro against my t14+12 slayer.
And then Warriors have better debuffs, more mobility, 3 invuln abilities, 2 shadows (one of which is a huge aoe taunt as well). Only thing I want is something like Second Wind and a ranged attack.

E: I mean seriously I tanked FOKHM before we got a block, if you wish Warrior tanking be made even more easier then I don't know what to say.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
Couple questions:

1. How does outlaw work? I understand it as you flag yourself as able to attack other players, but what is the downside? Seems like on a PvP server you'd want the ability to attack people.

2. How does mob tagging exp work? Is it GW2 style where it gives no fucks who tagged the mob, everyone gets exp, or is it WoW style where the tagger gets credit?

3. At what level can I get into the battleground style PvP?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tarq posted:

Couple questions:

1. How does outlaw work? I understand it as you flag yourself as able to attack other players, but what is the downside? Seems like on a PvP server you'd want the ability to attack people.

2. How does mob tagging exp work? Is it GW2 style where it gives no fucks who tagged the mob, everyone gets exp, or is it WoW style where the tagger gets credit?

3. At what level can I get into the battleground style PvP?

Don't think outlaw means anything at the moment on a PVP server, mob tagging is first person to tag it gets credit, and BGs are a level 60 affair. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Tarq posted:

You use an ability to declare yourself an outlaw. You will now be able to attack anyone you please outside of safe areas. But this also means everyone around you will be able to attack you as well. This will often result in you being ganked really hard if there are too many people around and you're alone.

You can group up with other people and have everyone declare themselves outlaw, you will then not be able to deal damage to eachother when in the party.

You can choose to disable outlaw once outside combat again, this is if you have not killed somsone ~ 7 levels under yourself. If you have, you have gained something called 'infamy'. This is a number that deceases very slowly over time or whenever you kill a mob of your own level. While this number is not yet down at 0, you will not be able to remove the outlaw effect.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

As a healer I wish DPS wouldn't get hit and then

1) Not eat my balls
2) Run away
3) Do nothing and continue getting hit

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
Thanks for the responses.

Another question, are there any rewards for PKing other than the satisfaction of killing retarded pubbies? How good/terrible are Archers at PKing?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Archers are decent enough, I've been bashing skulls in on my Berserker and it's mad fun.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Velveteen posted:

The lancer's challenging shout is also 10m. As a warrior, you also have block so there is no need for you to constantly roll around the boss. Just spam your threat moves and you can get your resolve back to block more. Your highest aggro move is torrent of blows which reduces the chance of you being knocked down and reduces your damage taken by 1/2 while casting it. Its a wider arc than shield counter and can be used every 7 seconds. I don't think theres anything significantly different from lancers and warriors in tanking. Warriors also have superior debuffs with combative strike and traverse cut.

Well leash is 18M? I thought the block wasn't as effective as it turns out to be although it feels like I still want to roll from red glint attacks.

My mystic buddy is not happy about healing as she feels she lacks "oh poo poo" skills.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

At 60, Warrior block is 50k and Lancer block is 60k. Negligible.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah I'm honestly quite jealous of Warriors even though Lancers get a toolbox more specialized in tanking.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Carecat posted:

Well leash is 18M? I thought the block wasn't as effective as it turns out to be although it feels like I still want to roll from red glint attacks.

My mystic buddy is not happy about healing as she feels she lacks "oh poo poo" skills.

I find as a mystic healer if you have a good tank its smoother to heal as you don't really have to worry about them. You can drop balls nearby and people actually using them is a god send.

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
Is there a way to move guild chat from the general tab? I don't want to miss guild chat with spam from global.

Lamhirh
Sep 8, 2012

Tarq posted:

I'm not entirely sure if you have to tag it yourself, it might depend on the enemy type or something. I do know that you or your party must do more than 50% of the damage that kills it. If you hit it once to tag it, and then somebody else actually kills it, pretty sure you won't get credit. The other guy might get credit, I think it's more complicated.

As for having guild chat separate, you could edit one of the other chat tabs and make it only show guild chat. You could even drag that to its own window. You might also want to consider just hiding global chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Loot and kill credit go to the person who's done more than 50% of damage. XP is more complicated.

• Locked thread