Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

musclecoder posted:

Hah, those guys are still around? They used to be (our could still be) here in Dallas, and god were they awful. They apparently had huge radio DJ beef with Bubba but then made up, so who knows.

They were the biggest morning show in North Florida for a long time and I think competitors with Bubba for that territory so they ripped each other.

I used to listen to them for years since we didn't get Howard pre-Sirius when I lived there. I remember their biggest "celebrity friend-of-the-show" type person was Carlos Mencia, which pretty much sums up everything you would ever need to know about that show. They had some good bits occasionally, but overall it was kind of a shitfest. They lost a bunch of stations during the FCC's post-Janet Jackson crackdown and they moved from Jax to Dallas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

CrazyAss13 posted:

Thanks! I listened to that show again and Dan was acting like a nut for sure. Was there any actual talk of Dan being banned on air by Howard or the staff after? I could see it happening after the way he acted, I just do not remember hearing Dan had been banned and wondered where you got that info?

He wasn't banned like Elliot Offen. Dan still did work for the show, but he didn't do it in person at the Sirius building anymore. Gary might have explained it on the Wrap Up show at some point.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

prefect posted:

Apropos of nothing, really: I love Richard Christy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCFpCr-6Bqo

(I just got off the phone with my dad, and he wound up with "I'll talk to ya later", just like Richard's dad. (Oklahoma and Kansas are next to each other.))

My dad's an okie too, and he constantly reminds me of Richard's father when we're on the phone. It's really charming.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

an adult beverage posted:

They were the biggest morning show in North Florida for a long time and I think competitors with Bubba for that territory so they ripped each other.

I used to listen to them for years since we didn't get Howard pre-Sirius when I lived there. I remember their biggest "celebrity friend-of-the-show" type person was Carlos Mencia, which pretty much sums up everything you would ever need to know about that show. They had some good bits occasionally, but overall it was kind of a shitfest. They lost a bunch of stations during the FCC's post-Janet Jackson crackdown and they moved from Jax to Dallas.

Nah Bubba competed with MJ (and BJ) when he left the Power Pig 93.3 I think. I'm not even certain Bubba's station was broadcasted further than say Gainesville? It's been forever since I listened to morning radio here in Tampa.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

I clicked that Richard's dad call, and was lead to this.
I'm loving dying here.
"I WEIGH 28 POUNDS YOU FAT gently caress. LOOK AT ME I'M A GROWN MAN I DON'T poo poo ON MYSELF ANYMORE."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRmimcg4TFE

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Forget which poster is the new listener, but check out this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJNc4DT3tZ0

And make sure to look up the "Mike Walker fart" after that.

Shes Not Impressed fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 15, 2013

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

vyst posted:

Nah Bubba competed with MJ (and BJ) when he left the Power Pig 93.3 I think. I'm not even certain Bubba's station was broadcasted further than say Gainesville? It's been forever since I listened to morning radio here in Tampa.

Yeah I wasn't sure about Tampa but Bubba wasn't broadcast in Gainesville that I recall but we got him on Tampa stations in favorable weather.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bubba was on in Jacksonville. He was #1 back when his flagship was 98 Rock, but his new post '08 show failed miserably and the so-called BRN is Tampa, Fort Myers, and Charleston I believe.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I was wondering if anyone here knew the origin of the sound clip used in one of the phony phone calls, where it repeatedly says 'My name is Cheryl, I believe I am your daughter' and 'Where's Momma!'. It kind of sounds like Richard Simmons but I don't know the context, did he do an audio book or something?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I was wondering if anyone here knew the origin of the sound clip used in one of the phony phone calls, where it repeatedly says 'My name is Cheryl, I believe I am your daughter' and 'Where's Momma!'. It kind of sounds like Richard Simmons but I don't know the context, did he do an audio book or something?

It is Richard Simmons, but I don't know the original recording it comes from.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Pretty sure it was an audio book, or he did some books on tape type of thing for the blind. I miss that dude on the show, it was always an awkward good time for all.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Pretty sure it was an audio book, or he did some books on tape type of thing for the blind. I miss that dude on the show, it was always an awkward good time for all.

He's so good-natured that he was like the proto-George.
Richard Simmons took all kinds of poo poo, and always made me laugh. Why did he stop coming in?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Manifest posted:

Richard Simmons took all kinds of poo poo, and always made me laugh. Why did he stop coming in?

I think he had a health problem? I'm not sure, he actually does exercise classes here in California, a friend of mine went during a groupon visit, people mainly just go to experience Richard Simmons and she said it was pretty fun and he looks really old and skinny now, but he was full of energy.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Benjy getting his balls broken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4L01cIccPM

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Manifest posted:

Howard offended him somehow years and years ago. Howard and Richard were actually quite close once. You can read about it in Private Parts.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Didn't he go over to Howard's house and act like a maniac?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

AxeManiac posted:

Didn't he go over to Howard's house and act like a maniac?

Yeah he threw food in the pool.

I just reread the relevant section in Private Parts and the reason why Richard stopped coming in is that he felt that Howard went too far in goofing on him with his sexuality. Couple that with them making a big deal about the story in the tabloids about Richard hiring male prostitutes. The "daddy's girl is a big girl" quote I believe is from that.

I wish they would replay some of his old segments. Richard was insane back in the day. He would come in outfits like a nun and a actual Hetro guy. There is a great bit where they put chickens on a string above the fat people's heads during the interview. Richard would flip out and cry.

God I miss the old show. They should have just brought Jackie back for that very reason.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Here's 2 hours of Eric the Midget video. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqrqABM_3ws

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Forgot how awesome this was - Sal wants to sleep over at Howard's apartment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ZeTlSLH1k

"Get in your jammies and you, Beth and Howard watch Survivor."

Sal: "I'm switching from gay to gratitude."

Smeep fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 16, 2013

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Sal the only insane superfan to get a prominent position on the show.

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.
After re-listening to the paintball segment and Christine being out with friends and having guys shout into her cellphone "Hang up on him!" when she's out with girlfriends" it really makes me wonder how much she cheated on him.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CapnPyro posted:

After re-listening to the paintball segment and Christine being out with friends and having guys shout into her cellphone "Hang up on him!" when she's out with girlfriends" it really makes me wonder how much she cheated on him.

I feel bad that the only drama we might get from this is when Sal is found outside of the building, naked and covered in blood, and using the murder weapon as a puppet.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

an adult beverage posted:

Sal the only insane superfan to get a prominent position on the show.

Jason Kaplan's father had to turn down a good job offer because it would have required moving the family to a part of the country that didn't get the Stern show, and young Jason was adamantly opposed.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Also Will Murray had cancer as a kid and got to come up to the studio for his Make A Wish.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

cmhn74 posted:

Also Will Murray had cancer as a kid and got to come up to the studio for his Make A Wish.

Did he make it into the studio? I remember Howard called him to try to be all "make a wish", but by the time he got around to it, Will was already well into remission. Howard was so disappointed.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vPe_nsQ3ko

http://ronniemundjamaicangetaway.com/

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Reminder: Howard used to rage on Sal and Richard selling t-shirts.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Please tell me the "comedy workshop" is run by Ronnie...

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

That prank phone call seems to have gone too far in Ronnie's mind.

"WHERE ARE YA?! I'LL PAY YA TA MEETCHA, I'LL PAY YA."

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Why is Richard just "and more"?

Also "Package is $2,100 per person and worth every penny!" Yikes.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Ignoring the ridiculous price, you'd be trapped in paradise with literally men everywhere, no girl in sight. Big fat obnoxious day-drunk men occupying every single swim up bar stool.

Edit: And Richard undoubtedly pissing in the pool.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
2100 bucks to hang out with Ronald Mund the Jewgene Limo Driver for a weekend. Jesus christ.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Lol looks like HPM is going to be there too. I didn't know he was on the Block Party.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Brocktoon posted:

Please tell me the "comedy workshop" is run by Ronnie...

It's probably run by Sal's "Comedy Coach".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WFX5FLfC4

They should just do this at Hedonism.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

Ignoring the ridiculous price, you'd be trapped in paradise with literally men everywhere, no girl in sight. Big fat obnoxious day-drunk men occupying every single swim up bar stool.

Yeah, but what if a woman wants to go to the block party? She'd have her pick of the litter.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

I think I would pay extra $2100 to NOT spend my holiday with those guys.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I wouldn't blow two grand, but I wouldn't mind hanging with Richard. Of course he'd most likely run around naked and put his dick in my face all weekend.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Indolent Bastard posted:

Suddenly $100 for Lisa G's "Sweet and Greet" seems like it was a bargain!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Sasquatch! posted:

Suddenly $100 for Lisa G's "Sweet and Greet" seems like it was a bargain!

Ehhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
Wouldn't go that far....