Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lethial
Apr 29, 2009

KaneTW posted:

Torrent of Blows is pretty much the best taunt you can ever wish for and I'm easily holding aggro against people in full +12 with my t14+9 swords whereas most lancers in t14+9 can't hold aggro against my t14+12 slayer.
And then Warriors have better debuffs, more mobility, 3 invuln abilities, 2 shadows (one of which is a huge aoe taunt as well). Only thing I want is something like Second Wind and a ranged attack.

E: I mean seriously I tanked FOKHM before we got a block, if you wish Warrior tanking be made even more easier then I don't know what to say.

Yeah, I think the biggest issue that I have is the need to change mindset between tanking and move everywhere while soloing BAM, that and remembering that I need to switch out my bars...

3 invuln? Are they DFA, backstab and evasive roll? Do you even use backstab or later on Staggering Counter when you tank? It just seem that both of those moves will make you mess up the positioning for other people in the party.

About using rising fury. How the heck do you use it to move around a big BAM like Fangspawn (sp?) that thing has a huge hitbox...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm just using one bar -- http://www.twitch.tv/kanetw/b/348075665 skip to 5 minutes for DPS, and 1:05 hour for tanking. Backstab is more of an "oh poo poo" invuln but it still exists, also there's Smoke Flanker but I'm not sure if it gives invulnerability.

I have no idea how to use Rising Fury, I never used it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

KaneTW posted:

At 60, Warrior block is 50k and Lancer block is 60k. Negligible.

Right, for some reason I was convinced warrior block was substandard and you had to rely on evasive roll, now I'm thinking you should only bother to roll out of glint attacks where the boss is going to move anyway.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
So I just hit 60 yesterday for first time with a slayer.
Not really sure what my priorities should be at 60 though, is there any 'i just hit 60 what do i do now' guide?

Also the items confuse the gently caress out of me. I am so afraid to buy anything, I have about 9k gold and don't want to blow 7.5K on a T14 weapon just to realize I bought something that should never be masterworked or gets replaced in a week in a random dungeon.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Meta Ridley posted:

Not really sure what my priorities should be at 60 though, is there any 'i just hit 60 what do i do now' guide?

Also the items confuse the gently caress out of me. I am so afraid to buy anything, I have about 9k gold and don't want to blow 7.5K on a T14 weapon just to realize I bought something that should never be masterworked or gets replaced in a week in a random dungeon.

There are a few levels of T14 gear. Nexus < Abyss = Queen's Wrath < Regent < Visionmaker. Nexus being the weakest is the cheapest and easiest to get. You can do Nexus for reputation and buy it or run Nexus Traverse raid that spawns after a Nexus is completed. It can also now we sold on the broker. Abyss and Queen's Wrath are exactly the same stat wise. Queen's Wrath however looks the same as Regent and is therefore more expensive. How much you value looks is up to you. Regent is slightly better than Abyss but not too much. What they get is a proc on their weapon that adds a lightning DoT. On armour they can buff certain skills.

Visionmaker has higher stats and have a stun proc on the weapon instead. It shares the same armour skills as Regent. Visionmaker also has PvP stats on it making it the best pvp and pve gear in the game. However to get Visionmaker requires a lot of money and farming bop drops off hard mode bosses.

Its best to just buy Abyss or do Nexus Traverse for Nexus gear (drop rate in NT has been nerfed so probably might not get anything anymore)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Meta Ridley posted:

Read the literally 2nd post in this thread. :argh:

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

Is there a way to move guild chat from the general tab? I don't want to miss guild chat with spam from global.

If you haven't figured it out yet, yes. I don't have the client on this computer, but I think it's as easy as clicking and dragging a tab off the main chat window. Might need to add a tab first, can't remember. You can then specify which chat channel goes in the separate window.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I just added guild chat etc. to party tab. Select party tab, press gear button, do the magic.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

Is there a way to move guild chat from the general tab? I don't want to miss guild chat with spam from global.

In addition to the above, just disabling global chat is usually a good idea!

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Leveling my alt through 40-50 reminded me how pretty this game is, screenshots incoming

Last one is from my main, but it gives a nice sense of scale to the kind of bams you fight at the endgame, soloing this one on with my zerker

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yeah, my wallpapers are currently just TERA screenshots I took back while I was leveling (Often holding up goons in some dungeons cause I wanted the perfect shot) and shortly before Something Terable died from inactivity.

I only just noticed the face in the tree in the first shot.

The game is beautiful but a lot of the world is just a shell and even in the places where you can go into a building, they're usually much less interesting/enjoyable.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

That last shot is awesome. Pretty excited for when I get to that zone, though i'm only in my 20's at the moment and that place is probably like, the end game.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Thievery posted:

That last shot is awesome. Pretty excited for when I get to that zone, though i'm only in my 20's at the moment and that place is probably like, the end game.
Level 45ish.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Oh hey pretty pictures:

Beware deep waters, goons:

Frost Reach

Temple of Shara

Chalupa Picada fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 18, 2013

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Best looking mystic ever, I need a snowsuit for my elf.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

How do the priest and mystic class compare to eachother? I like the idea of buffing dudes more than the idea of just plain healing, but it said that mystics use summons to help them and I hate pet classes in MMO's. What do each one offer that's different than the other?

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Thievery posted:

How do the priest and mystic class compare to eachother? I like the idea of buffing dudes more than the idea of just plain healing, but it said that mystics use summons to help them and I hate pet classes in MMO's. What do each one offer that's different than the other?

Let's put it this way. After level 30 or something if I used a summon it was because I pressed the wrong button. Priests have buffs and straight up heals. Mystics drop magic balls that can be picked up to restore health and another ball to restore mana. Awwww yeahh. Also they have a heal and a debuff cleanse.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Thievery posted:

One thing that matters to me is the difference between cleansing. Priests can fire and forget to remove debuffs from all allies in a great big area in front of them. Mystics get a 2-3 lock on cleanse aside from the one the healing balls provide. But then someone needs to actually pick them up.

I've played both. My opinion is that priests are good all around and easy to play. Mystics are also perfectly capable, but they make good parties even better with those sweet auras and mp recovery. Priest solo play isn't entirely bad. I haven't gotten to any part of Mystic soloing that isn't soul crushing and I don't know if it ever ends. My guess is no. Quest with a buddy when you can anyway because this game is awesome that way.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Okay, thanks guys.

I'm playing a Slayer at the moment, and just joined my first group to fight the basilisks. I tried fighting one straight up and did pretty well but mis-timed a dodge and got wrecked, so figured it was better to just team up. It was a lot of fun, I hope the rest of the group content stays that way.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
So I ran BoL with goons for the first time tonight and I played a lvl 20 mystic. The dungeon itself was a blast. Playing a healer/buffer though was very dull. The tank was awesome and barely took any damage. The one time he did take damage I threw out a few heals and back to normal. I kept dropping balls, throwing the "i'm bored" heals out to the dps, throw out a poison spell here and there and that was it. Felt like I was not needed and just being carried. Is that how a healer/buffer class goes in groups for Tera? OR does healing get more involved as the dungeons get harder? I have been enjoying the class solo lvling/questing, but if in groups a healer just sits in the back and doesn't do much I'd like to find a different class to play.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
How benifical would it be to have my lvl46 butt go and drag lowbies through some of the earlier dungeons for loot and quest completion? Would they be able to get credit, or would me being way past those quests do more harm? I'm asking because I've been looking to do something as a break from questing and leveling craft skills. Plus I'd like to do something to help out the new guys.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Fixit posted:

So I ran BoL with goons for the first time tonight and I played a lvl 20 mystic. The dungeon itself was a blast. Playing a healer/buffer though was very dull. The tank was awesome and barely took any damage. The one time he did take damage I threw out a few heals and back to normal. I kept dropping balls, throwing the "i'm bored" heals out to the dps, throw out a poison spell here and there and that was it. Felt like I was not needed and just being carried. Is that how a healer/buffer class goes in groups for Tera? OR does healing get more involved as the dungeons get harder? I have been enjoying the class solo lvling/questing, but if in groups a healer just sits in the back and doesn't do much I'd like to find a different class to play.

You had a good group, plus BoL is sort of babby's first dungeon so they don't want to smash your face in immediately. Later dungeons you'll get plenty of 'oh god everyone is at half hp and on fire what do I do' moments.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

RedMagus posted:

How benifical would it be to have my lvl46 butt go and drag lowbies through some of the earlier dungeons for loot and quest completion? Would they be able to get credit, or would me being way past those quests do more harm? I'm asking because I've been looking to do something as a break from questing and leveling craft skills. Plus I'd like to do something to help out the new guys.
I believe when you're 5 levels or above compared to the lowest level person in a party, it severely nukes loot droprate.

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia
Unicorn Farting Weed Smoke (Lake Of Tears) Won 2 out of 3 GvGs (beat League of Legends and Unity, Terror beat us) on day one of its life, Of course we just sat there ganking their newbs. Sweet level 25 v level 14 action.

If any other goons want to ride up with us we are really not serious, and pretty much purely a troll guild. We do dungeons and pvp, but really the guild is about making the server rage by what ever means we can.

Anyone know why you can't find any good lancers on Lake of Tears? I've never played an mmo that has this few tanks.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

BobTheJanitor posted:

You had a good group, plus BoL is sort of babby's first dungeon so they don't want to smash your face in immediately. Later dungeons you'll get plenty of 'oh god everyone is at half hp and on fire what do I do' moments.
Since they are a mystic, it's pretty much that if it's gotten to that, that they'll all end up dying in the fire that they probably walked into because they were bad.

Also, mana balls and sorcs are like a match made in some sort of DPS based hell for mobs.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Foil posted:

Unicorn Farting Weed Smoke (Lake Of Tears) Won 2 out of 3 GvGs (beat League of Legends and Unity, Terror beat us) on day one of its life, Of course we just sat there ganking their newbs. Sweet level 25 v level 14 action.

If any other goons want to ride up with us we are really not serious, and pretty much purely a troll guild. We do dungeons and pvp, but really the guild is about making the server rage by what ever means we can.

Anyone know why you can't find any good lancers on Lake of Tears? I've never played an mmo that has this few tanks.
I was online when I saw this. It was pretty surprising to see you guys successfully take on other Guilds so fast! Too bad nobody responded to my comment in global about it. Boo. I should be able to join up in two days? (although my friend wants me to join his guild. Decisions decisions). I'm a berserker if it matters.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Alavaria posted:

Since they are a mystic, it's pretty much that if it's gotten to that, that they'll all end up dying in the fire that they probably walked into because they were bad.

Also, mana balls and sorcs are like a match made in some sort of DPS based hell for mobs.

There is not a single thing I enjoy more than Mystic Mana Balls when I'm playing my Sorc or even my Slayer. It's bloody incredible.

That said, priests seem better in most other aspects.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Priests are better for "oh poo poo." This means they're probably better when you're learning a dungeon. Still great afterwards because you can take more risks, make more mistakes, or get lazy. Dodge? Pfft, keep the priest busy.

Mystics have a bit of a harder time keeping you alive but if that's not an issue, their buffs mean you'll be doing a great deal more damage. Mystic balls can also be very useful if you can pepper the field with them before the fight. Still useful if they can't. Mana balls will always be loved, especially by ranged DPS since the Mystic can just keep them fed by plopping a ball by them.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Getting a priest to 60 now, the most important thing to remember is that in this game damage is mostly avoidible, and the role of the healer is less dealing with sustained damage that the tank or sometimes the dps recieve, but rather clean up after their fuckups. Doing a dungeon group with competent players is a snoozefest as a priest since (at my level) you have all of three ranged damage options, a aoe shield aaand that's about it. Not much to heal or cleanse since the group is not taking much damage to begin with, maybe cleansing a debuff here and there. The odds of this happening is of course lower and lower as the dungeons get harder but bottom line is priest is less exciting in groups. Mystic gets to be more proactive, since even a good group will always benefit from the extra mana and he has a variety of stuff to do otherwise. Of course with a bad group, having many different heals of varying power is extremely useful on a priest, while the mystics only get their ball, a lock-on heal and a healing pet that only shows up for like 10 seconds.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Priest SG glyphs for MP regen are the best goddamn thing.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah I love how damage is avoidable and that I can actually come away from fights without taking a hit.

After trying a couple of classes i'm currently on a Slayer and I think it's the class for me so far. Decent damage and melee which is always more fun than ranged in my opinion. I was just going out of Popilion or whatever that town is called to start questing in that zone, and found these two wolves with red names but I don't think they were BAMs, just harder enemies or something? Either way, I took them on, and while my tactic ended up being "do backflip kick to stun them, whirlwind + overhead strike, run away til backflip kick was off cooldown" it worked pretty well and I ended up winning with a fraction of my HP left.

If this had been an MMO like WoW, i'd have had no chance as a melee class since it'd have just been me missing while they did a third of my HP a hit with no way to avoid it.

When I was teaming up to fight the Basilisks earlier it was me, 2 warriors and a sorcerer. The sorcerer obviously didn't take damage, but both the warriors ended each fight with no health. They both died at least once too. I was coming away from the fights on full health, and while I know I wasn't tanking them, I did solo one and it was easy enough to avoid as long as I was smart about it. I think the warriors just sucked.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I love that skill and being able to read the boss pattern is the difference between success and failure more than your level is.

Even if level is a very good help, it's always fun to solo a basilisk. While level 17.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah the combat can be challenging if you're trying to solo BAMs or bosses, but I've found that unlike in other games where I'd get frustrated bashing my head against the proverbial wall, I'm enjoying the challenge in Tera, even if I do die once in a while. Even just the regular mob monsters keep it interesting with how much the move around, or when they come in pairs or groups of three with like casters and melee, or the larger monster with a group of minions. The gameplay has yet to become stale, even though I'm closing in on level 50, and I can't say I've ever found that in any other MMO I've played.

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
One thing I am starting to dislike about it, is how dense the mobs seem to be. I'm currently fighting Deveas in Oblivion Woods, and it seems that I am getting more unwanted mobs because I happen to sidestep a bit too far when trying to get out of the way of an attack. If it is much worse after this, I am not sure if I can handle it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

One thing I am starting to dislike about it, is how dense the mobs seem to be. I'm currently fighting Deveas in Oblivion Woods, and it seems that I am getting more unwanted mobs because I happen to sidestep a bit too far when trying to get out of the way of an attack. If it is much worse after this, I am not sure if I can handle it.

If you're not pulling every single mob in a zone and AOEing them down you're not playing Tera the right way :shobon:

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
I guess it's something I am not used to. I suppose it makes sense now, given how actiony the game is.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I've only gotten my archer to lvl 25 so far, but mobs are generally drat sluggish to where its rather forgiving to pull 8 mobs at a time:getin:.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah as my Slayer i've started pulling the entire amount of mobs I need for a quest at once, then just burning through them. The first time I did it I went from pulling 2 mobs to pulling 12 and was pretty concerned for my safety, but it turns out it wasn't that bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

Oblivion Woods is kinda early on.

I reckon the problem you have with the Deveas is that they take more than a single hit from you. If you just do all the quests, you'll eventually out-level your area by a ton (especially if you start helping people do BAM's like basilisks or BOL for a few weeks) and then you'll be swiping encounters like that with one hit and it will just feel so good.

• Locked thread