Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Just sayin', losing a game to a Defender shot which triple sixes my Warcaster at dice -2 really sucks.

Especially when said Warcaster was behind a wall, with my Sac Pawned Zealot being a curl of a nut hair out of range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Welp, a local store had 50% off everything miniature related.

So now I have a Circle army

:toot:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Can you buy me lots of things I swear I'm good for it.

But really, nice one :toot:

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

VogeGandire posted:

Can you buy me lots of things I swear I'm good for it.

But really, nice one :toot:

They really had poo poo for selection. They had nothing for the other 3 armies I have and my brother bought them out of their 2 Legion items.

I dont even know if what I got was good or not. Just grabbed most of it

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

At that price, who cares if it's any good, really. Cheap manbarbies are cheap manbarbies.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I'm sure there is a tier list somewhere that can take the four Skinners you just got!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I got the battlegroup, warpborn skinwalkers, warpwolf kit, argus and druid of oribos overseer attachment.

My bro got the blighted ogrun warmongers and the heavy kit.

We also got a poo poo load of paint and citadel basing materials

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

omnibobb posted:

I got the battlegroup, warpborn skinwalkers, warpwolf kit, argus and druid of oribos overseer attachment.

My bro got the blighted ogrun warmongers and the heavy kit.

We also got a poo poo load of paint and citadel basing materials

Those are all pretty loving good. So well done.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Flipswitch posted:

Just sayin', losing a game to a Defender shot which triple sixes my Warcaster at dice -2 really sucks.

Especially when said Warcaster was behind a wall, with my Sac Pawned Zealot being a curl of a nut hair out of range.

I was in a tourney last night myself and lost to dice as well, needing 5's to hit a parasite on reckoner with puppet master I rolled a 3 then a 4. Also watched my opponent make 5 tough rolls in a row on one errant in the zone.

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 18, 2013

CPFinnit
Jun 5, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

At that price, who cares if it's any good, really. Cheap manbarbies are cheap manbarbies.

We prefer to call them 'Tiny Dolls.'

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Flipswitch posted:

I have lost a game to a triple six Renegade shot on turn 2. gently caress you magnus.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette

omnibobb posted:

Welp, a local store had 50% off everything miniature related.

So now I have a Circle army

:toot:

Stockton CA? I went in and saw the massive deal and a pile of nothing Circle related. Picked up some Menoth poo poo for a buddy of mine though.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Anti-Citizen posted:

Stockton CA? I went in and saw the massive deal and a pile of nothing Circle related. Picked up some Menoth poo poo for a buddy of mine though.

Nah, Dover DE. The store just got a new owner so things have been wonky there. My brother and I went in because they had told me they were finally restocking their minis stuff on Friday (they didn't) and after about 5 minutes of us walking around and about to leave purchasing nothing, the girl behind the counter got off the phone and said that all GamesWorkshop stuff was half off. I went to see if that included paints and she said "yes, all miniatures stuff."

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
So I finally found some people nearby who play Warmachine, and best of all, I was able to join an ongoing Journeyman League! :woop:

They're going to play Week two and three of their League in a single day on saturday, but they modified the points values somewhat:

Week 2: 15 Points, Battlebox Caster, no Mercs
Week 3: 25 Points, Battlebox Caster, no Mercs

I'm playing Cygnar. I guess I can wing it at 15 with no Mercs, but at 25 I already start feeling boned without my trusty Forgeguard. My list right now seems to be great for taking out infantry, but not much else. I've come up with:

Stryker
- Ol' Rowdy
Journeyman Warcaster
Arcane Tempest Gunmages
-UA
-Hunter
Black 13th
Stormsmith Stormcaller

How bad is it?

EDIT: while I'm at it, here's a pic of my completed battlebox:

Luebbi fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 18, 2013

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007

Luebbi posted:

Stryker
- Ol' Rowdy
Journeyman Warcaster
Arcane Tempest Gunmages
-UA
-Hunter
Black 13th
Stormsmith Stormcaller

How bad is it?

Looks pretty good to me though it might be worth it to drop Rowdy down to a regular Ironclad and pick up a squire. Depends on how you intend to play the list I guess.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Finally finishing some of the Legion stuff I got with the two-player box:

I'm pretty pleased with how Lylyth and the Carnivean came out but (lame excuse) was really fighting with the photography today.

Also, I has a wold. I was pretty ok with how my Shifting Stones came out a while back so I got to thinking I could expand my Circle force into the stone beasts. I think it looks not bad!

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Okay so I split the purchase of a massive Cryx army to help one friend pay rent and another buy an army to start Warmahording with so now I have a bunch of models I'm not super familiar with and there is a Steamroller turney coming up at our club. I ended up with mostly just the fleet models: Terminus, Revenants, blood gorgers, etc. I made sure to snag the Mechanithralls since the other guy got all the Bane Thralls and Knights but I have only a handfull of bone jacks and next to no solos. Here is a list I put together based on the availability of models I have and one practice steamroller game:

System: Warmachine
Faction: Cryx
Casters: 1/1
Lich Lord Terminus (*4pts)
* Stalker (4pts)
Black Ogrun Boarding Party (Leader and 2 Grunts) (4pts)
Bloodgorgers (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Mechanithralls (Leader and 9 Grunts) (5pts)
* 3 Brute Thrall (3pts)
Necrosurgeon & 3 Stitch Thralls (2pts)
Revenant Cannon Crew (3pts)
Revenant Cannon Crew (3pts)
Captain Rengrave (2pts)
General Gerlak Slaughterborn (3pts)
Ragman (2pts)

Comments? Advice on haw to run them? The only experience I gleaned from my practice game is that Ternminus is completely different playing from Adeptus Rahn and that people really like to tell me that I should run Bane/Bile Thralls/Knights.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
New Journeyman rules up, which means New Battleboxes :dance:

http://privateerpress.com/files/Journeyman%20League%20Rules_0.pdf

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The alt Skorne box is...strange. Shame it's a cannoneer, not a gladiator.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

VogeGandire posted:

Gladiator's already in the first battlebox, and they look to be avoiding using beasts/jacks twice. And I don't see it as that strange; it's a simple ranged brick, not much different from Madrak's battlebox.

Also, don't be hating on the Cannoneer, that siege gun kills casters dead.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

VogeGandire posted:

Xerxis with a Cannoner, a Krea, and a Drake. Really PP?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Are these going to be actual physical products or just "you can replace the battlebox with this for Journeyman"?

I ask because gently caress that Butcher one owns.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Dickeye posted:

Are these going to be actual physical products or just "you can replace the battlebox with this for Journeyman"?

I ask because gently caress that Butcher one owns.

The latter.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Hello troll battlebox with a heavy in it.

I kinda feel the mauler and pyre overlap a good amount, but it still looks WORLDS better than the other one.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
A pFeora battlebox. That is an interesting development. Unfortunately its rather pillowfisted, so its definitely going to have to go for the throat.

Nukacola
Jan 12, 2006

Dat Drank
I like that Skorne alt battlebox. A Furied, Flanked krea on the feat turn can get some poo poo done. What is that, pow 15 + 4 dice? 5 if you boost? Even better once the list gets PGBH. I never would have thought to put that battlegroup together but the more I've thought about it, the more I like it.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The Ret alternate battlebox is.. something special, I guess. It's basically "did you walk too close to the battlegroup because Ossyan can feat and win the game" I was hoping for a battlegroup involving eVyros, but perhaps I was hoping too much.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
So I've been thinking about the Coven. I hate the Coven, but I really want to like them.

One oddball thought I've had so far is Blackbane's and a Wraith engine. Put Occultation on the Blackbane's. DEF 15, stealth, incorporeal, immune to blast, seems like it could be interesting. The Wraith Engine could get stealth via Black Mantle.

Speaking of Black Mantle. Another oddball idea that I had was trying to use the ball as a ghetto shadowpack instead of a perfect conjunction machine. You can fit up to 5 heavies on it, and drop a cloud effect right on top of them. Infernal Machine SPD fixes the crab jacks to run 12, so the whole delivery system can go 12 inches a turn in formation. A ball of stealth DEF 15 Slayers pounding down the field at 12 inches a turn might not actually be that bad. Especially with the E-ball being up front and able to shove the feat right down their throat. The ball is actually semi-tanky too, ARM 17 and 21 damage before you lose a witch.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Panzeh posted:

The Ret alternate battlebox is.. something special, I guess. It's basically "did you walk too close to the battlegroup because Ossyan can feat and win the game" I was hoping for a battlegroup involving eVyros, but perhaps I was hoping too much.

Between Momentum, Temporal Distortion, and Arcantrik Bolt, it's got a good amount of board control against Warmachine. Combined with Quicken and Admonition, it could potentially play an effective skirmish game.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
Holy cow am I glad that Lord of the Feast is FA:C. If I had to assemble more than one of him :suicide:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Kinda bummed there are no Merc Alternatives, but I guess they already give us three choices so we were pretty well set anyhow.

Although I would love for there to be an Ashlynn or Damiano battlebox choice.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

No, gently caress YOU, Cyclops Savage whose arms don't meet his hands AT ALL.

:argh:

EAThief
Aug 28, 2006

I swear it's not what you think

Welcome to Skorne :v:

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I'm having my first games tonight, which is quite exciting. One possibly stupid question though - how many hit points do infantry have? There doesn't seem to be any space to mark damage, it it just a one-hit kill thing? Or have I overlooked something?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

lenoon posted:

I'm having my first games tonight, which is quite exciting. One possibly stupid question though - how many hit points do infantry have? There doesn't seem to be any space to mark damage, it it just a one-hit kill thing? Or have I overlooked something?

Anything without a set number of boxes (ie a damage track) has only one, which includes the vast majority of infantry.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Ah ok I thought it would probably be that. I got confused I think from descriptions of some of the units I haven't bought yet - Man O' War units and suchlike, which presumably do have a damage track.

So on that note, the widowmaker snipers that I have are guaranteed kills on most infantry with every shot?

edit: yeah I noticed that, looks pretty useful

lenoon fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 19, 2013

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

lenoon posted:

Ah ok I thought it would probably be that. I got confused I think from descriptions of some of the units I haven't bought yet - Man O' War units and suchlike, which presumably do have a damage track.

So on that note, the widowmaker snipers that I have are guaranteed kills on most infantry with every shot?

Correct. They can also automatically do a point of damage to a warjack/warbeast to the column/spiral of their choice.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Widowmakers with their Rat 7 will on average hit Def 14 targets as is, without any buffs. Standard infantry usually has Def 12-14 so you should kill most if the dice are with you.

If you don't move cause your feeling ballzy or have a screening unit infront/confident their units can't charge you next turn, you can sacrifice their movement to gain the Aiming bonus for +2 Rat, so you'd be up to Rat 9 and hitting Def 16 on average.

The thing is that WM are POW 10s so your going to be hurting to kill Arm 16 or higher. Aim for squishier targets or test your luck.

I would recommend the Marksmen solo with WM as Swift Hunter let's you sack movenent for aiming, shoot something, hopefully kill it, then shuffle 2' to make it that much harder for an opponent to engage your WM.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

So after looking at him with scrutiny, pMorg is a monster :stare:

Pathfinder, Anatomical Precision, Maltreatment, Overtake, Perfect Balance and Sprint...by default. He is the bane of all single-wound infantry. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

VogeGandire posted:

So after looking at him with scrutiny, pMorg is a monster :stare:

Pathfinder, Anatomical Precision, Maltreatment, Overtake, Perfect Balance and Sprint...by default. He is the bane of all single-wound infantry. :black101:

Unless they have Undead, Construct, or to a lesser degree Tough. (Edit: or Iron Flesh)

Also Exemplar Errants, but those dudes screw over so many nifty abilities.

• Locked thread