Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Fixing this and also having the view all posts by user in a thread option would be fantastic

It's definitely on the list, though I hadn't thought about handling links, so now that's on the list too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I might be able to take a crack at it in my free time.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Jose Valasquez posted:

I might be able to take a crack at it in my free time.

That'd be swell. Let me know if you need anything!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Just loaded up 1.10.2-8 and it crashes on open every time. Posting from 1.10.2-7 :3:

Edit: Deleted awful and installed #8 clean and editing from it right now.

pseudonordic fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 14, 2013

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'm wondering if this issue has something to do with the app or my ipad. It seems like whenever I load a gif heavy thread the app starts to stutter. It'll open up the PYF meme thread or the Weed thread in TCC and it will load a few frames of a gif, then the app starts to freeze and I can't scroll. If I let the page sit open for like 30 seconds it ends up sorting itself out. Browsing in Chrome seems to work fine.

For what it's worth I've got an ipad 2 running 6.1, and I'm using the 1.10 awful app.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Beastie posted:

For what it's worth I've got an ipad 2 running 6.1, and I'm using the 1.10 awful app.

Might not fix your problem but you should update to 1.10.1, regardless.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
1.10.2-10 crashes on launch, every time. Going to try reinstall of it fresh. Currently app is dead on original ipad from update at least

Ok, yes. Reinstall fixed it, though it took a few launches to get the forums list.

Cryptic Edge fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 15, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cryptic Edge posted:

1.10.2-10 crashes on launch, every time. Going to try reinstall of it fresh. Currently app is dead on original ipad from update at least

Ok, yes. Reinstall fixed it, though it took a few launches to get the forums list.

Whatever changes went in today broke my awesome font scaling option too. :smith:

Though it's probably because I declared something wrong or whatever. I ran out of time to look into it.

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

On the hunt for prey... :D
I'm on the newest iOS, and i just had a couple of crash bugs. Newest version of the app too.

I viewed this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3526065&pagenumber=17#lastpost

When i did, i saw Ganker's post, and it was empty - so i clicked on view profile and it crashed.
Then, i reopened the app and posted, which caused it to crash.
Now just opening the thread causes it to crash. Other threads open fine. :(

Hopefully, it's just me.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
Random question regarding long-tap inserting images and URLs: would it be possible to have the option on both to "insert from clipboard" as the source? Like how img does it now with "from library" and "from camera", but it just dumps the current clipboard text into the appropriate spot. URL can use CB as source and insert the cursor between the tags.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

the_lion posted:

I'm on the newest iOS, and i just had a couple of crash bugs. Newest version of the app too.

I viewed this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3526065&pagenumber=17#lastpost

When i did, i saw Ganker's post, and it was empty - so i clicked on view profile and it crashed.

Hopefully, it's just me.

That link crashed me too!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

the_lion posted:

Hopefully, it's just me.

Fixed, thanks! Ganker's custom title has a weird <size:8> pseudo-HTML tag that I've never seen before, and I guess libxml doesn't like it much.

Ursine Asylum posted:

Random question regarding long-tap inserting images and URLs: would it be possible to have the option on both to "insert from clipboard" as the source? Like how img does it now with "from library" and "from camera", but it just dumps the current clipboard text into the appropriate spot. URL can use CB as source and insert the cursor between the tags.

I'll add it to the list!

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

On the hunt for prey... :D

pokeyman posted:

Fixed, thanks! Ganker's custom title has a weird <size:8> pseudo-HTML tag that I've never seen before, and I guess libxml doesn't like it much.

You sir, are the man. Never forget this. :D

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
My Awful app hasn't worked for ages, seemingly since the forums design change some weeks ago.

Do I need to download a different version or something?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Are you using this version? https://itunes.apple.com/app/awful-unofficial-something/id567936609?mt=8

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

ineptmule posted:

My Awful app hasn't worked for ages, seemingly since the forums design change some weeks ago.

Do I need to download a different version or something?

Yes, the Nolan Waite one. Wouldn't it have been quicker to check the OP or just search "Awful" in the App Store?

awesomekittens
Jan 26, 2007
oh my god dinosaur
I get this error on every thread I open with unread posts. It doesn't seem to actually mean anything since after I hit ok, I can proceed normally.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Just a quick bug report: for some reason, every time I load page 211 in the Cinema Discusso general chat thread (I think it's titled something about aliens right now), the app crashes. It might be because there are a ton of YouTube links on the page, but I'm not sure. No big deal, but thought I would pass it along. (I'm on an iPhone 4, newest version of the app, if it helps.)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Imgur does odd things to my images when I upload them via Awful.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

awesomekittens posted:

I get this error on every thread I open with unread posts. It doesn't seem to actually mean anything since after I hit ok, I can proceed normally.

Should be fixed in the next version!

ClydeUmney posted:

Just a quick bug report: for some reason, every time I load page 211 in the Cinema Discusso general chat thread (I think it's titled something about aliens right now), the app crashes. It might be because there are a ton of YouTube links on the page, but I'm not sure. No big deal, but thought I would pass it along. (I'm on an iPhone 4, newest version of the app, if it helps.)

Hmm, I'm not seeing the same crash. Do you see any of the page before it crashes? Like can you scroll down a bit, then it'll crash?

withak posted:

Imgur does odd things to my images when I upload them via Awful.

Don't blame Imgur, it's probably Awful loving things up. Can you put the original image up somewhere and I'll take a look?

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

pokeyman posted:

Hmm, I'm not seeing the same crash. Do you see any of the page before it crashes? Like can you scroll down a bit, then it'll crash?

The first time, I was able to read most of the page. Every time since then, it crashes almost immediately. Like I said, every other page is fine - not sure why this one seems difficult. It's not a big deal, but I thought I'd let you know.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

pokeyman posted:

Should be fixed in the next version!

Don't blame Imgur, it's probably Awful loving things up. Can you put the original image up somewhere and I'll take a look?

Click for original:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
That's weird. That image went from 1506x2007 to 1632x1224.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Chuck Bartowski posted:

That's weird. That image went from 1506x2007 to 1632x1224.

Just incase you didn't realise, they're both 4:3 aspect ratios, it just squashed it the opposite way rather than preserving and scaling both dimensions.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Maybe something to do with the way iPhone makes every photo landscape with a rotation specified in the metadata?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Testing a landscape photo:

This one came out fine, and uploaded at the original dimensions.

edit: Can I suggest a resize option? Maybe a prompt asking for the width and defaulting to something reasonable? Timg makes you still have to download an entire huge image. Posting 8MP images inline is a little silly.

withak fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 18, 2013

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Found it. I was swapping the sizes twice instead of just once. Should be fixed in the next version. Thanks!

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Can anyone get this post to show up in Awful App?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499796&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

E: small bug (not related): I noticed sometimes when I'm browsing threads on the bookmarked tab, when I go to hit the star for favs, and hit it again to go back to the full list, I'll get the network error but doesn't cause any issues, minus the popup.

kloa fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 19, 2013

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Works great on the upcoming 1.10.2. What happens for you?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Nope.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I just get the same blank page as Elysium.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Same blank page. Newest iPod touch with 6.1.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I'll double-check it to make sure we've fixed it up for the next version. Should be off to the review team in a day or two, if testing goes well.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

kloa posted:

Can anyone get this post to show up in Awful App?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499796&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

E: small bug (not related): I noticed sometimes when I'm browsing threads on the bookmarked tab, when I go to hit the star for favs, and hit it again to go back to the full list, I'll get the network error but doesn't cause any issues, minus the popup.

Works for me in 1.10.2-11!

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

kloa posted:

I just get the same blank page as Elysium.

I'm getting a blank page on the Middle East Wars thread, only blank page I've seen so far.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I'm getting crashes while viewing some profiles (only a few). It's in the NHL n/v thread that I've seen so far. The last page, when viewing "thehustler" profile, it opens the profile screen but crashes before I can see anything. This is the crash:

quote:

2013-02-19 16:28:55 +0000 Awful *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[__NSCFNumber length]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1fc97a90'
*** First throw call stack:
(0x3269b2a3 0x3a3b897f 0x3269ee07 0x3269d531 0x325f4f68 0x79877 0x31521 0x3a7d011f 0x3a7cf4b7 0x3a7d41bd 0x3266ef3b 0x325e1ebd 0x325e1d49 0x361b82eb 0x344f7301 0x1c9c3 0x16c60)
2013-02-19 16:28:55 +0000 Awful -[__NSCFNumber length]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1fc97a90
2013-02-19 16:28:56 +0000 backboardd Application 'UIKitApplication:com.awfulapp.Awful[0x942d]' exited abnormally with signal 6: Abort trap: 6
Will edit with more info in a minute.

This is the thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3531553&perpage=40&pagenumber=134 I haven't seen it in other threads (yet)

Also when viewing Dr Zaius profile (someone said the avatar was terrible and I wanted to see it). I don't know if it's the same crash.

quote:

2013-02-19 16:39:35 +0000 Awful *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[__NSCFNumber length]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x20886eb0'
*** First throw call stack:
(0x3269b2a3 0x3a3b897f 0x3269ee07 0x3269d531 0x325f4f68 0xc9b91 0x81521 0x3a7d011f 0x3a7cf4b7 0x3a7d41bd 0x3266ef3b 0x325e1ebd 0x325e1d49 0x361b82eb 0x344f7301 0x6c9c3 0x66c60)
2013-02-19 16:39:35 +0000 Awful -[__NSCFNumber length]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x20886eb0
2013-02-19 16:39:37 +0000 backboardd Application 'UIKitApplication:com.awfulapp.Awful[0xb824]' exited abnormally with signal 6: Abort trap: 6
(It's the same crash to my untrained eye)
Is there any easy way to copy text from system console? Goddamn it's annoying

And last edit, seems to be the poster not the thread. I found a Dr Zaius post in another thread and it still crashed

myron cope fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 19, 2013

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Good find, thanks! All of your hunches are correct. Fixed for 1.10.2.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Haha, you shouldn't have even fixed that one. ICQ numbers!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Still got mine memorized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mine was a 7 digit number. :colbert:

I think I was logged into the service a total of 30 minutes over the course of 10 years. I never did get into that whole IM stuff.

• Locked thread