Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

You should probably get that looked at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

thehappyprince posted:

When I found out the result this morning I cried a single English tear

Out my willy.

Did you let out an audible "Oh!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Stuart Broad, and his face.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
Good to see the English are taking this result with their usual stoic nature :rolleye:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was hoping this test match would have a more exciting conclusion.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its hard to get passionate about a loss in one day cricket, even if it is against a nothing team like New Zealand. The only question on my mind when looking up anything relating to this series is "when do the tests start?".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, Hamish got out. He looked like he was going to stroll this one home.

Oooh, and ABdV. This would be a truly inspirational collapse from the Saffers if they lost it from here. Possibly their best ever.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

You can't really fault the Pak bowlers, can you? Probably the best all around attack in the world, but it has to be depressing to have all your work undone by dog poo poo batsmen and wicketkeepers.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

goatface posted:

Oh, Hamish got out. He looked like he was going to stroll this one home.

Oooh, and ABdV. This would be a truly inspirational collapse from the Saffers if they lost it from here. Possibly their best ever.

Alas. Still, good showing from Pakistan.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Also, the Australian women's team giving more credence to the theory that their Super 6 loss was no accident.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Maybe they just did better in the final because Perry was back in the team

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel RichTea posted:

See, Gorn Myson, this is the kind of thing they actually believe.

They'd never admit it now of course, but they used to genuinely believe Mitchell Johnson was better than Dale Steyn.

Do you remember when Khawaja was the next Ricky Ponting and going to anchor their batting at the number 3 spot for years to come?

2 weeks that lasted.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lionel RichTea posted:

Did you let out an audible "Oh!"

Some day an English player will do something impressive and you'll be able to let out an "Oh!" too. :)

sixteenstraws
May 7, 2009

slave to a label but I own my masters
Arun Venugopal @scarletrun

WICKET. Siddle run out in controversial fashion. Gony chases the ball which touches the rope. Picks up and runs the batsman out. #INDAvsAUS

Umpire asks 4 replay while journalists, sitting along the boundary line, signal ball hits ropes. Rohit Sharma gestures media to keep quiet,

Fielders seem to know it was a 4. Rohit Sharma was quick to ask the media to shut up when they pointed out it was a boundary. #IndAvsAus

:twisted:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lol the aussie women threw their super 6 game so hard. Should be stripped of the title imo.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

sixteenstraws posted:

WICKET. Siddle run out in controversial fashion. Gony chases the ball which touches the rope. Picks up and runs the batsman out. #INDAvsAUS

Umpire asks 4 replay while journalists, sitting along the boundary line, signal ball hits ropes. Rohit Sharma gestures media to keep quiet,

Fielders seem to know it was a 4. Rohit Sharma was quick to ask the media to shut up when they pointed out it was a boundary. #IndAvsAus

My blood is only boiling because gently caress India, I reckon if it was any other nation I'd be laughing

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

sixteenstraws posted:

Pack of utter flogs. I don't really care if we lose the ashes as long as we embarrass these cheating motherfuckers.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I like that all non Indian cricket fans can come together as one to hope those cheating cunts get smacked by whoever is playing them

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Yeah it takes special brand of fuckwit to unite cricket fans like that.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I actually want Australia to embarrass them like we did. Utterly smash them into the floor.

Then return to being poo poo so we can violate the lot of you with flawless cover drives and peerless swing bowling.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

india will beat australia you can quote me on this

here's the url if you wanna quote me on this when i'm proved right whenever that series is

http://forums.somethingawful.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&postid=412659877

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Two things everyone can agree on. gently caress India and Australia are poo poo.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i wonder who'd win in a race, the duck in my avatar or the dragon in yours master chef.?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I think your duck would want it more.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hr94SmZBN8

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
ahem

http://youtu.be/hQB90K73pqM

how do you embed?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Naturally I went on a youtube chain of awesome cricket videos and ended up here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mot8bo1fpwo which is awesome for many reasons, but features perhaps the best youtube comment of all time:

hasboe2 posted:

gently caress up oval office, bradman is the greatest batsmen ever! So suck a dick! Both of you! This is a video about a poo poo batter hitting a four! Now laugh then gently caress off!

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

The immediate panic apology to the umpire makes this

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKCEoeei1Ng

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Andy Caddick's favourite video on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE8q2l2gRAk

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mister Chief posted:

Andy Caddick's favourite video on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE8q2l2gRAk

Man of the match: Grahame Thorpe

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Nathan Astle, Nathan Astle, you could've won the match. You might have scored two hundred, but you dropped the vital catch.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I just love how similar these two matches were if you change a few names around (other than the closest thing to Astle's 222 being Southee's 77no).

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mister Chief posted:

This is a youtube that sums up the pitches during the first 5 years of this century.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mark Richardson fans here may be pleased to know that he's been nominated for the prestigious TV Guide Best on the Box Sexiest Man award over here in New Zealand.

Also, here he is arguing his bikie credentials and making motorcycle noises.

http://youtu.be/zYqLsa2cHTU

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 19, 2013

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Lionel RichTea posted:

Nathan Astle, Nathan Astle, you could've won the match. You might have scored two hundred, but you dropped the vital catch.

Typical English spitefulness, that innings transcended the result. Over the previous few days Thorpe and then Gilchrist set new records for fastest 200 then Astle just brutalised it. I was out playing a 3rd grade game that day, we really didn't give a gently caress what was going on in our game and were annoyed when we had to go in to bat since it was much more entertaining to crowd around the radio listening to Astle thrash the poms around with impunity.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smorgasbord posted:

Typical English spitefulness, that innings transcended the result. Over the previous few days Thorpe and then Gilchrist set new records for fastest 200 then Astle just brutalised it. I was out playing a 3rd grade game that day, we really didn't give a gently caress what was going on in our game and were annoyed when we had to go in to bat since it was much more entertaining to crowd around the radio listening to Astle thrash the poms around with impunity.

Still didnt win though.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
So ODIs are just 30 overs of blocking followed by a lovely T20 now? Is that right?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Solid powerplay runrate of 2 after 6 overs on this road.

Wickets in hand baby.

E: Wicket maiden. God I hate cricket.

RideTheSpiral fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

They are so unbelievably thick. Hit singles you fuckers.

• Locked thread