Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
So Plazmataz made a theme song for Karkat's Crabmunicator. It is a thing of glory and beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Yeah, I can see that being his ringtone.

gently caress, I can see that as my ringtone.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The crabclaws wave back and forth metronome-style when he gets a call.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Ablative posted:

Yeah, I can see that being his ringtone.

gently caress, I can see that as my ringtone.

Sunslammer is the only ringtone for me, that and the Mortal Kombat theme.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Different portions of the Cowboy Bebop theme are both my ringtone and text alert.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

The fact that people still see moirail and normal relationships as different is still amusing to me.

I always figured moiraillegiance was basically more involved and poo poo than just regular brohood. At least it seems that way. Especially since trolls still have normal relationships too.

Quadrants are hard.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Dorroile posted:

I always figured moiraillegiance was basically more involved and poo poo than just regular brohood. At least it seems that way. Especially since trolls still have normal relationships too.

You know how when you were a kid, there was this largely unspoken rule that you could only have one BEST FRIEND? Moirails are like that, except that grown-ups believe in it too. The whole loving thing with quadrants is that they really are just different regular relationships, but dressed up in this ridiculous romantic THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE TRUE X stuff that troll society inexplicably takes completely seriously.

I doubt functional humans are capable of "being moirails", because accepting the concept of emotionally supportive brohood being a unique thing you can only have with one person at once is something that requires you to be a literal child. Remember how back at the start of Act 5 we got that whole spiel about Alternia being a planet of children, and all troll culture being created by children? Yeah.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

There's also the minor rub about how moirails are supposed to keep each other from stabbing people, though. Which I can attest inherently makes for a slightly different sort of friendship than the usual.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Midnight Raider posted:

There's also the minor rub about how moirails are supposed to keep each other from stabbing people, though. Which I can attest inherently makes for a slightly different sort of friendship than the usual.
Equius and Nepeta were the best moirails ever and neither of them were really very stabby.

I don't know, maybe if Nepeta didn't have Equius she would have hunted other trolls for sport and painted her shipping wall with their various shades of blood.

Stayton
May 20, 2006

A girl who will put you in a full nelson is worth fighting for.

Renaissance Robot posted:

You know how when you were a kid, there was this largely unspoken rule that you could only have one BEST FRIEND? Moirails are like that, except that grown-ups believe in it too. The whole loving thing with quadrants is that they really are just different regular relationships, but dressed up in this ridiculous romantic THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE TRUE X stuff that troll society inexplicably takes completely seriously.

I doubt functional humans are capable of "being moirails", because accepting the concept of emotionally supportive brohood being a unique thing you can only have with one person at once is something that requires you to be a literal child...

I choose to believe that Hussie actually did a great bit of relationship building with the whole troll quadrant thing. I think the reason we have a hard time understanding it is because it's an alien romantic relationship, for aliens. A human might be able to understand how the troll quadrants work, and to an extent may even have limited success mimicking them (We'll see how Rose did).I think that in the end though while a human can understand how troll romance works we can't ever quite "get" it. They're not even mammals, they're insects.

I was kind of thinking along the lines you were regarding a society being invented by children. One failed theory of mine was that the whole mother grub thing and the relationship quadrants was introduced and specifically designed by Doc Scratch to make sure Troll culture was completely dysfunctional. However, the ancestors showed that they had both the mother grub and romantic quadrants long before Scracth was in the picture.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Prison Warden posted:

The fact that people still see moirail and normal relationships as different is still amusing to me.
Well it is different.

Moirails is like the equivalent of a co-dependent relationship. Where two people need each other to keep themselves in line. You know how auspistices keep the peace between two people to prevent a kismesis relationship from going out of control? Moirails are the red equivalent, only between two people and not three. Like how kismesis is the black equivalent of matesprits.

Let me use Equius and Nepeta as an example. These two are considered to be the ultimate moirails because they kept each other in line. Nepeta made sure Equius wasn't as high and mighty of a blue blood, who went around culling lower bloods below him and kept his issues in line. When he was upset about Aradia exploding, Nepeta's job was to console him and make sure he would be ok. Likewise, Equius must keep Nepeta in line by making sure she doesn't get too rowdy. Though Nepeta obviously does more work than Equius does, they work because they have a huge trust between them. They need each other to conduct daily troll life, whatever the gently caress that is.

Being moirails isn't being best bros (though you could be best bros with your moirail) but co-dependency to make sure both people stay in line and don't screw up. When you're friends with someone you aren't responsible for keeping them always in line, consoling them every single time some emotional crisis occurs and making sure they don't kill people. And not all moirails are best friends with each other or even like one another (re: Feferi and Eridan, as the former hated the latter's guts but stood in the relationship to make sure he wouldn't cull other trolls)

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 19, 2013

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Well god drat. Not only did my SBAHJ book arrive only a week after it shipped, which is literally the speed of light compared to what i'm used to, but they also labelled the price on the package as $20 instead of the real price, which means that it dodged customs (and saved me like 30 bucks). I'm not sure if they did this to be cool dudes, or if it was another layer of ironic mistakes, but man, it was great. It's even pretty uncrushed, except for a tiny (like one or two mm) dent in the corner, which is hardly noticeable.

The downside is that there are like four of these loving stickers and they smell so violently gross that i feel physically ill if i bash my face against the book, as i often do.

e: I keep doing all these things with my TF2 poo poo.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 19, 2013

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

JT Jag posted:

Equius and Nepeta were the best moirails ever and neither of them were really very stabby.

I don't know, maybe if Nepeta didn't have Equius she would have hunted other trolls for sport and painted her shipping wall with their various shades of blood.
That and who knows what Equius could have done with his STRENGTH.

The fact that neither of them did do anything like that is basically testament to how well they worked as moirails.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Equius had all kinds of murderous tendencies.

quote:

Practically everything MAKES YOU FURIOUS. You have so much rage, it can only be expressed through STAGGERING QUANTITIES OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE.

Borsche
Jun 6, 2011

by T. Finninho

ShardPhoenix posted:

Despite the perversity of doing it with Gamzee of all people, I kind of hope that that *is* what happened. I mean, the characters have been talking about sex for a whole loving act - it would be kind of good for someone to actually do it for once.

What the gently caress.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
YES TIME FOR MORE CALIBORN
WITH HIS CALTOP
v At this rate we might actually get A6I6A6 or something like that

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Feb 19, 2013

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Ahahaha A6I5I1?

This is going to get crazy.

Also Caliborn is solo'ing a 15 planet session? Holy gently caress.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I'm glad to see the Felt are back. :allears:

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
So that's where The Felt came from. Between Caltop and speaker crab, Hussie should start an electronics line.

quote:

DO THEY GET BETTER THAN THIS.
That depends on what you mean by better.
:allears:

So Math fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 19, 2013

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
This is not the way I expected the rabbit hole pile to not keep from getting taller deepways.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

He'll probably be plenty satisfied when he gets to guys like Cans.

I wonder what happens when he gets to planet 8 though.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Anyone can be a mobster. All that matters is what's inside you.

Like there was a mobster inside Doc.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
At least it looks like Jade remembered to resize the battleship, so we don't have to be afraid of Tiny John.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Those are pretty obviously not the hats and outfits they were/will be wearing during the original Midnight Crew intermission, I guess because they're not mobster-themed yet. Wonder if there's any particular point to that idea being planted by COMPUTER MAN now rather than just having them start out that way.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Aw man, Jade resized the battleship. Now we won't be able to see Tiny John.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
MOTHERFUCKING FELT UP IN THIS BITCH

No.44
Dec 14, 2012

I love that the caltop's eyes pop out. :allears:

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Andrew Hussie posted:

Every time we talk, you complain that I am being self indulgent.
But you always come back for more! It's like you can't get enough of me.
I think you might be obsessed.

Gee, I wonder if this is some kinda meta-commentary on the comic...
Naaaah, Hussie would never do that.
SPEAKING OF META-COMMENTARY

Andrew Hussie about to be killed by Lord English posted:

"Please let magic be real, please let magic be real, please let magic be real. I believe that magic is real right now. I believe so hard in its reality that it is becoming slightly less fake before our very eyes. I believe its fakeness was just a lie coughed up from a dark magician's spurious rear end in a top hat. I believe in fairies. I believe dragons aren't bullshit. I believe heartily in the giggles of all the cherubs in heaven and the metric tonnes of special stardust they consume each day to fuel their laughter. I believe with the conviction of a million frothing zealots in the combined pranks of a billion leprechauns strong, and in the tiny erections they get from playing them. But most of all, I believe in YOU, Rufio.

And they just called the Felt 'Leprechauns'. I think that completes the list.
NOTHING IS FAKEYFAKE EVERYTHING IS REAL

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 19, 2013

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Interesting that they're wearing what amounts to a green Dersite/Prospitian uniform. I guess they are just sort of special rewards for a Lord player? Does that mean in theory there could be a Muse Felt set?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Lords get subjects, dressed in correctly-colored default livery and everything. What would a muse need with subjects?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Color Printer posted:

If I say The Felt enough times maybe one day it will come true.

I believe in miracles :allears:

I'm guessing Caliborn will randomly interrupt the narrative at this point.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bongo Bill posted:

Lords get subjects, dressed in correctly-colored default livery and everything. What would a muse need with subjects?

What is a muse without something to inspire?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Nate RFB posted:

Interesting that they're wearing what amounts to a green Dersite/Prospitian uniform. I guess they are just sort of special rewards for a Lord player? Does that mean in theory there could be a Muse Felt set?

This is part of the Dead Session mystique, exclusive to players who attempt single-player sessions. I wouldn't wager it has anything to do with being a Lord/Muse and more to do with being part of a session whose conditions for victory are entirely separate.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Fractalling intermissions. Goddrat Hussie.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I gotta be honest, I'm really hoping that after the intermission, John saves the day in a flash set to 'Encore'.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

TinTower posted:

Fractalling intermissions. Goddrat Hussie.

I like to think that Hussie didn't want there to be an intermission in A6I5, but caliborn butt in with his stupid bullshit.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Wow. Even I was losing any faith that Hussie would ever show us where the Felt came from at any point.

Granted, at first I was a bit curious about how this worked since I thought I remembered it being said that Lord English recruited his minions throughout time - but then I remembered that was probably referring more to Snowman/The Handmaiden/Condesce, and whatever other past unfortunate ladies he's "hired" throughout his career.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fortis posted:

I gotta be honest, I'm really hoping that after the intermission, John saves the day in a flash set to 'Encore'.

I'd rather hear something set to Crystalmethequins.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

A muse would meet with her sister muses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So guys, Caliborn's on his third planet. It's red.

What color is the 3-ball?