Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaxoran
Dec 26, 2012

quote:

Mondlicht posted:

The whole cabin is a bit weird. The school windows in DR1 had bolts for two reasons. So the students can't escape, and so they can't see the outside. Obviously they already know what's outside the cabin, and there's really no issue of escape as they can seemingly come and go as they please.

I can't help but wonder if this cabin has something to do with the theory that Monomi is being run by the surviving cast of DR1 and thus this original cast is responsible for putting the students on the island. If this island was originally customized for such a thing, the DR1 cast might have predicted that Monobear would take control of the island at one point and thus created the cabin to block out Monobear's vision and essentially make a safe zone off of Monobear's radar. The only flaw with the "DR1 cast customizing the island" theory would be that they seemed to completely miss the fact that there were giant loving robots under Monobear's control already on the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
They were really hammering the "floorboards are small and full of gaps" thing. Pretty sure that's going to be the key to the whole murder.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

The Tell-Tale Heart breakdown would be awesome, but that seems too obvious.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
Somebody will be dying from a trap involving the floorboard and a falling suitcase at this rate.

As for the bolted windows, Monomi did say the lodge was closed down for renovation or something - perhaps the one(s) behind her was/were replacing the bolted windows with normal ones before Monobear took over? Not that there is a reason for bolted windows in the first place, but neither Monomi nor Monobear has a motive to put them on after the students' arrival.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

Jeek posted:

Somebody will be dying from a trap involving the floorboard and a falling suitcase at this rate.

As for the bolted windows, Monomi did say the lodge was closed down for renovation or something - perhaps the one(s) behind her was/were replacing the bolted windows with normal ones before Monobear took over? Not that there is a reason for bolted windows in the first place, but neither Monomi nor Monobear has a motive to put them on after the students' arrival.

Togami is going to deem floorboards and falling suitcases too dangerous and require everyone to learn how to fly instead. No, the real cause of the first death of the game is going to be because someone sharpened a Q-Tip into a makeshift shank, either that or the crabs from the beach coming back from the beach for revenge.

Lynkericious fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 19, 2013

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Lynkericious posted:

drat, I wish I saw this before I went and poorly made my own.

As much as I hate to be an rear end in a top hat over something so incredibly minor, it would also be nice if people could wait at least a little while before using things from a brand new update as an avatar. I mostly point it out because you had the post right before Oren's new update, which meant I got to see it ahead of time. Which you know, doesn't exactly ruin my enjoyment of the game or anything (it's a freaking eating gif) but it did take some modicum of punch out of the reveal and precedent etc etc etc. Especially since DR2 seems to have so many of these hilariously goofy art things to go around, and everything's better in context.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Halphassed posted:

About Fatgami, I think he's a double. You know, a replacement the wealthy prepare incase something happens to the heir.
So maybe he took his identity and his SHSL while he was in Hope's Peak, keeping this fact in secret.

He's definitely a double of the Togami we knew, all right! :downsrim:

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

For some reason I hear mad guitar rifts when looking at this gif. :rock:

Also I think someone is going to get murdered with chop sticks because it would show that Togami can't protect everyone which would lead to extreme despair for Togami.

zetsubous
Feb 19, 2013
So count me in as the latest person to get an account just for DR threads.

ANYWAY, a legitimate contribution to the thread and a question for those who've pointed out the three person murder discovery rule: there hasn't been anything so far that says the students know about the rule, or even about the trials at all, is there? My memory is awful so I'm wondering if I've forgotten something... but isn't it entirely plausible that someone killed Kuzuryuu and hid him somewhere assuming that only Monobear needed to know about it?

It'll be interesting to see if anyone gets increasingly distressed as time goes on...

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Edit: I guess I can talk about this in the general Dangan Ronpa thread instead of pestering Orenonen.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 19, 2013

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

There is no way Kuzuryuu is going to end up being the first victim. His antics earlier would lead you to believe that someone would want to take him out, but this is Dangan Ronpa. It's never going to be that straightforward. :colbert:

I've got two unrelated questions if anyone qualified happens to have an answer:

- What's a good place to buy the DR1 art book? I loving love art books, and if I can't play the game, it's the least I could do to support something related to the franchise.

- On the note of avatar-talk, I'm thinking of hopping on this godawful bandwagon by getting a Genocider Syo (because she is the best) but would there be a problem there considering it's a spoiler for the first game?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Mazed posted:

- What's a good place to buy the DR1 art book? I loving love art books, and if I can't play the game, it's the least I could do to support something related to the franchise.

I bought it from Amazon.co.jp. Do be warned however that the book came around to being $35 dollars and the shipping was like $40.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

zetsubous posted:

So count me in as the latest person to get an account just for DR threads.

ANYWAY, a legitimate contribution to the thread and a question for those who've pointed out the three person murder discovery rule: there hasn't been anything so far that says the students know about the rule, or even about the trials at all, is there? My memory is awful so I'm wondering if I've forgotten something... but isn't it entirely plausible that someone killed Kuzuryuu and hid him somewhere assuming that only Monobear needed to know about it?

It'll be interesting to see if anyone gets increasingly distressed as time goes on...

It hasn't been explicitly acknowledged by any of the characters, as far as I recall, but the three-person discovery rule is rule #9 in the students' rulebook. That there will be trials is also among those rules. (I remember this because I copied the rules down for my own reference; here's a link to the one time I posted it in case you wanna grab it for yourself).

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Falls Down Stairs posted:

It hasn't been explicitly acknowledged by any of the characters, as far as I recall, but the three-person discovery rule is rule #9 in the students' rulebook. That there will be trials is also among those rules. (I remember this because I copied the rules down for my own reference; here's a link to the one time I posted it in case you wanna grab it for yourself).

Oh hey this is useful, also I wonder if this rule

Dangan Ronpa 2 initial rules posted:

Rule no. 3
Throwing garbage and damaging the environment is forbidden. Let's live in harmony with nature on this beautiful island.

Means that you can't dispose the body by just throwing it at the ocean. I know it wasn't intended since it was made by Usami but its something to think about.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I'm kind of thinking the lodge will be locked up tight by either Togami or some variety of bear, but there is a crawlspace underneath the lodge that you can escape to and get to the outside if you pry up some rotting boards conveniently hidden by a freshly lain carpet. Everyone is locked in together but when they finally escape they find Sweet Yakuza Cherub murdered. Peko will be a red herring because they think he must have been murdered before the doors were locked.

ParliamentOfDogs fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 19, 2013

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
On the other hand, Kuzuryuu would be a pretty good red herring as well. Who is a better suspect than a Yakuza who claims he would murder his way out and has no alibi?

He will definitely play a big role in the upcoming case, regardless of his actual role.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

And there's the third possibility: Kuzuryuu sneaks in, murders somebody, and sneaks out. It's perfect, because he's the only guy with an alibi due to not being in the building at all!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

frajaq posted:

Oh hey this is useful, also I wonder if this rule

Means that you can't dispose the body by just throwing it at the ocean. I know it wasn't intended since it was made by Usami but its something to think about.
Someone is going to break one of Usami's rules and get killed by Monobear for it, I can just feel it.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I'm kind of thinking the lodge will be locked up tight by either Togami or some variety of bear, but there is a crawlspace underneath the lodge that you can escape to and get to the outside if you pry up some rotting boards conveniently hidden by a freshly lain carpet. Everyone is locked in together but when they finally escape they find Sweet Yakuza Cherub murdered. Peko will be a red herring because they think he must have been murdered before the doors were locked.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm definitely seeing the floors' spaced out planks as being conducive to a murder (not now, but maybe in the future), especially since there's some space below the cabins for someone to hide, as seen here:

I've got some theories about how it may be done and by whom (Peko with a thin, sharp bokken, Teruteru with a bigass knife, maybe Togami with a skewer or even a cunningly-hidden trap by Nagito), but nothing as to why they'd kill someone. Even so, I think there's something suspicious about they way it's pointed out. Again though, maybe it's just me, and maybe I've just got distracted. Was there any blindingly 'obvious' red herring in DR1? I can't recall any, sorry.

Volt Catfish posted:

I bought it from Amazon.co.jp. Do be warned however that the book came around to being $35 dollars and the shipping was like $40.

Where do you live, if I may ask? Hopefully I'd be able to get it for cheaper, since Malaysia isn't all that far from Japan.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009
Okay, so the windows of the lodge are bolted up in a similar fashion to Hope's Peak, and that was to keep the students safe inside opposed to trapping them from the outside. Since none of the other buildings we've seen are sealed, it means that this building probably was meant to be somebody's safe haven, as some other people in the thread have noticed.

Usami was also pretty clear that she didn't want people to go in there before MB showed up and shot her full of holes.

So, with this is mind, I am now seriously wondering about Nagito's motivations to use the lodge, and more importantly, I am wondering if he just *happened* to find anything in there after spending a whole day "cleaning up." While I still hope out hope for the crackpot theory that the current Togami is a carrier robot and Usami is hiding inside his overweight shell, the Naegi-lookalike has aroused some serious suspicions between him and the robot rabbit, even if he ain't killing anybody.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Ratoslov posted:

And there's the third possibility: Kuzuryuu sneaks in, murders somebody, and sneaks out. It's perfect, because he's the only guy with an alibi due to not being in the building at all!

There's even a good way to trip him up - if he mentions that the floorboards were all jacked up or something else he couldn't have known during the trial segments.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Togami must really trust the complete cipher of a man that we are, to take us into a kitchen full of sharp objects when murderin' is the order of the day.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
[redacted]

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Feb 18, 2014

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Glazius posted:

Togami must really trust the complete cipher of a man that we are, to take us into a kitchen full of sharp objects when murderin' is the order of the day.

This isn't as stupid as it sounds considering if they're the only two in there, there could only be one murderer. :v:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Suzuki Method posted:

This isn't as stupid as it sounds considering if they're the only two in there, there could only be one murderer. :v:

Until Kuzryuu pops out of the oven and murders Togami forcing you to prove you're not guilty, just like in Dangan Ronpa 1. :shepface:

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

IMO the biggest red herring in DR1 was the large plant that could be used to dispose of anything. I was so sure that would come up in the next trial, but the game never even brought it up again after the first time.

Armanky
Feb 15, 2013

"Kissing is sex."
-George Costanza

Ezzer posted:

IMO the biggest red herring in DR1 was the large plant that could be used to dispose of anything. I was so sure that would come up in the next trial, but the game never even brought it up again after the first time.

There was also the music hall which wasn't utilized at all. Nor did anything really happen with the swimming pool other than making Asahina happy. Not exactly red herrings, but it's nice that you actually have to wonder whether something is gonna be important or not, even locations.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Re: Welcome Despair Academy

There are things in my past I can't tell anyone about... They are the reason I became so prone to suspicion.

A secret past...? Togami...?

There were people I couldn’t trust... and people who couldn’t trust me. My life was like a nightmare...
It is only natural my personality would be affected.

Nevertheless, I believe my nature is going to come in handy in our current situation.
To survive in a situation like this... one must suspect everyone.
So, um... About that past of yours...

...Not yet.
Some day, though... Some day I may be able to finally tell someone about it.

If we manage to pass our days in peace, without anything happening, I may have no choice but to tell you...

T...That sounds awfully significant.

I feel as though I heard only half a story... And now I have more questions than I started with.

It seems this guy has more secrets than I thought.

Music stops

Oy. Enough useless talk. We have work to do.
R...Right, I'm on it...

Beautiful Ruin

Well, he's still acting like a slavemonger... That's probably second nature to him too.

Let's find those dangerous items.

Many types of knives are arranged here. I'm sure those, too, are...

These knives are outrageous! Far too dangerous!
...Give them to me. I shall keep them safe.

Togami pulled the knives from my hand and put them all inside the duralumin case.

...I expected nothing less.

There are all kinds of dishes here, in a staggering variety of cuisines...
...There's even a humongous meat on a bone!

That Hanamura... he really went all out on this. I'm a little worried we won't be able to eat all that...

It doesn't seem like this pile of food has anything dangerous in it, unlike that Churrasco before.
I guess...

Sigh... I almost thought he was going to say that bone could be used to bludgeon someone...

Um... This paper...

Hrm... This is an equipment list for this kitchen.

Fork x 20. Knife x 20. Spoon x 20. Skewer x 5. Frying pan x 3. Wine glass x 20...
In addition, there's even a barbecue griddle and a portable stove for hot pots.

A griddle and a portable stove... I found them on the shelf over there.
They seem to be in excellent condition. Certainly very much usable.
This kitchen is pretty good, isn't it? It’s not even that much worse than the hotel restaurant.

But... this is strange. There is one number in this list that doesn't fit.

Whaaaaaaat?!

You're making a mess of everything! What is this?!

Don't shout... you're hurting my ears. I am simply confiscating every dangerous item.

Ah! My chef’s knives! And all the tableware! Why? How come?!

I just told you. I am confiscating every dangerous item.

You aren't saying... cooking utensils are dangerous?!

Ah well... At least I’m nearly done with the cooking. I just need to get everything ready to serve... It’s not a big problem, but...
B...But...!

Waaaaaaaah! Hinata-kuuun!
N...No! S...Stop hugging me!

Eh? You're not predisposed to Boy's Love, Hinata-kun? My fantasies are a little shattered.

No... I think I'm the one who's shattered here...

Oy... There's something I have to ask before you two go cuddle each other.
According to this list... there is one steel skewer missing.

Oh, that's right... I believe it was missing since I first got here.

Well, things are in pretty good shape here, but this is still the old lodge. This was bound to happen, wasn't it?

If it wasn't here in the first place... there's nothing we can do about it, can we?

You're right... There doesn't seem to be any place to hide such a long skewer, in any case.
Very well... As long as I remain vigilant, we can let it rest.
Remain vigilant... you mean for the entire night?

Let's go back. The others must be waiting.
You too, Hanamura. Right now, we should all gather at the main hall.

Sure...

...Jeez, he really is a pushy leader.

Ah, they're finally back!

Hey, let's start already! I'm so hungry I can't take it anymore!

No... There is still one issue that requires our attention.

Eh? There's still something left?

Whatever it is, we can just beat it up!! I'll do it myself, so just tell me what to hit!

It's not that kind of problem...

We need to keep this case with the dangerous items safe somewhere.

Can't we just leave it here?

You'd think that would be okay because it's under lock and key, but...
We want to be extra careful tonight. We should find a safe place to store it.

I saw a storage room at the far end of the lodge.

Hmmm... No, we can't possibly use that place. It is not nearly safe enough.

In that case, let's have someone guard it. That would make it safe, would it not?

Eh? But, who’d want to do that?

I would, of course.

Eh... are you sure...? Um... We gladly accept your kind offer... or something...

But, wouldn't you get lonely, all alone like that?

I do not mind. I have never been good with crowded places.

Ha ha... Ibuki’s gonna write a song about this! It’ll be called “One More Lonely Girl”!

But, since all the food is here, do you mind if I take my share with me to the storage room?

Of course not!

But... if we're going to have someone stand guard, there's probably a better place to use than the storage room.
Eh? Why?
That storage room is all messy and there's no light there. And there are cobwebs everywhere...

I kinda had my hands full with this main hall, so I couldn't give that storage its proper attention.
Yeah, I guess it’s not the nicest place to sit in for a whole night... Or the healthiest.

In that case... she can guard it at the office.
The circuit breakers for the lodge are also in that room. We probably ought to guard those as well.

Yeah, the office would be great. Happily, it isn't that messy over there.

...I understand. So, should I go and guard the case at the office?
I shall be going, then. Please enjoy yourself to the full, everyone.

Pekoyama took a plate of food and the duralumin case...

...And left the room.

Ah, the pathos-filled image of Peko-chan walking into the distance is super-cool, huh?

Hey, what about this other case? Shouldn't she take that too?

This is...
...No, this one is fine over here.

That's so unfair! How come you get to have your stuff with you?

I have special privileges. I am special, after all.

...Kinda says it all, don’t it?

This case is not to leave my sight. After all, it holds the key to the other one.
I shall take responsibility and guard it personally. I can't trust anyone else with it.

M...More importantly... are we done with all those problems? Can we start the party already...?

No, there is still something left.

I'll beat that one down too! Quickly, tell me what to hit!
We told you before, haven’t we? You can’t solve these problems with violence...

Actually, she might be on to something. Someone has to keep him away, after all.
Eh? You don't mean...?

The one thing that could hinder this party. Monobear.

Yes! We get to eat after I take down Monobear, right?!

Whoa, easy there... Picking a fight with Monobear is only gonna stir up trouble we don’t need.

Are you saying I should just wait here until I starve to death?!

I...I think you're exaggerating, just a little...!

Hmm... Maybe there’s a cleverer solution than blindly starting a fight...

Ah. In that case, I'll do something.

Do something...? You...?

Hey, hey... what can a little girl like you do? It's too dangerous, isn't it?

It isn't dangerous. I am not going to do anything on my own.
You're not...?

I see... you intend to employ Monomi, then?

Yeah. I think I can cajole her with some flattery, and get her to help.
I'm sure she can probably help keep Monobear in check... I think.

Ah, that sounds like a good idea! She does seem gullible, that rabbit!

Monomi-chan and Monobear-chan do act like rivals, after all!

Well, just one of them always gets the upper hand, though.

But, are you sure you're going to be alright, Nanami-san? It's still dangerous, isn't it?

No, I'll be fine. If I sense danger, I'll immediately make a hasty retreat.
...I'll be going, then.

I don't know why... but I don't like this...

It's not like I have a bad feeling or anything, but...

So, everything's settled now, right? Can we just get to...

...Yes. We can begin now.

LET'S DO IT!!

Heh heh heh... At long last, this banquet begins...

Music fades out

Fuahahaha! Let us dine!

Just like that, the party started.

Beautiful Days [Piano Arrange]

Now I think about it, I still don’t know exactly why we’re having this party in the first place.

Still, though... Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.

Can I eat now? Can I?
...She says, face already full o’ food...
Ha ha... I can’t stop...
Ha ha ha ha! There's no way I’m stopping now!
Of course you can't stop! You’re eating the World’s Tastiest party food!
You’ll eat ‘til you’re full! Then you’ll eat ‘til you burst! Then you’ll eat some more!
That's what my World's Tastiest Food is all about!
T...That's a little scary...
...Why aren't you eating? If you don't I’m gonna finish everything by myself!
I'm still bringing the food in, so don't worry - there's plenty more!
Hey, everyone! Since we're all here, should I take some pictures?
Oh, how wonderful! Please do!

* click *

* click *

This is... a strange feeling...
When we came to this island, I was angry at how much fun everyone seemed to be having...

...But now, I feel reassured.

We really are comrades, fighting together... This solidarity sure is--

Muuuuu.... muuuuuuu...!
...Hm? Nidai? What's wrong?
I...I'm sorry for doing this without warning...
But I... I have to pop back to the hotel for a little while...!

Don't be foolish... I shall not allow any such action.

Do not attempt to stop me, Togami... There are times where you have to let a man go where he must...!
If I don't go now... it is a mark of shame on me as a man.

Music halts

making GBS threads the pants... IS A MARK OF SHAME TO A MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
...You have to go to the toilet?!

Re: Junk Food for a Dashing Youth

If you need to use the toilet, there is one right here at the lodge. Why is the hotel necessary?

D...Don’t think I didn’t try the nearest crapper first! But someone's been using it for a while now!

W...What is the meaning of this...?!

...What are you in a fuss about?

M...My "Devildog Earring" is...
It's gone! Has it flown away into subspace?!

Don't make a racket. You probably dropped it somewhere.

poo poo!!! MY poo poo IS COMING OOOUT!!!

Shut up and hold it!

Heeeey, ish it really okay if I ee’ erryfing?

D...Don't be ridiculous! At least set something aside for me!

Hey, Togami! Everyone! I'm taking another picture!
Say cheeeeeeese...!

* click *

For heaven's sake, can't you all act a little more responsibly...?

* Beep-beep! *

...Hm? What was that sound just now?

Music halts

* ka-chack! *

Huh...? Why is it suddenly pitch-black...?

Uwah, the power's out!

T...The power's out...?

Tropical Despair

Eh?! The power's out?!

The hell happened?! I can’t see nothing!

Fear stirred up by the darkness soon washed over everyone, like a flood.

I...It's too dark! Everything's too dark!

The sound of yells and frantic footsteps echoed through the hall...

But were soon swallowed by more voices.

C...Calm down, everyone! We have to keep calm at a time like this!
Waaah! Don't step on my feet!
Oy, what are you doing?!

Thanks to the iron plates covering the windows, the lodge was in complete and utter darkness.

The darkness was so total... that my eyes couldn't adjust to it no matter how long I waited.

Stop it!!
Ow!
Turn on the lights! It’s hard to eat this way!
Hey, everyone! Where are you? T...This power outage... it isn't just in the kitchen?
Could someone perhaps have flipped the circuit breakers?
W...Wait here! I'll use the walls as a guide and go see if I can’t fix this...!

We waited in the darkness for a while, waiting to finally be released from this anxiety.

We waited for a while, and then, finally...

Music fades out

* ka-chack! *

Ah...!

The light finally returned to the hall... but then, suddenly...

...We noticed the shocking sight in front of our eyes.

T...That's...!!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Hanamura, Togami and Komaeda aren't in that last shot, so maybe something happened to one of them?

I doubt it's a killing though. There would likely have been an Chapter End splash at that point and I don't think there'd be enough content for a whole update from discovering the murder to it.

And both Peko and Chiaki disappear from the scene. Interesting, though I can't help wondering why nobody thought about someone offering to pay Peko company, like the guarding system in the last game.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

orenronen posted:

poo poo!!! MY poo poo IS COMING OOOUT!!!

T...That's...!!

That's one big pile of poo poo.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
The most likely scenarios, in my opinion, are that Togami is dead, his box is open, or Monobear has crashed the party. Of course, it could just be that Mikan tripped over again in some incredibly bizarre manner.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
Maybe we should give the cliffhangers a rest until something happens. This is just kinda frustrating.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
Nidai, Super High School Level Shitter.

Either we're going to see a body, or Monobear just appeared in the middle of the party. Those are my guesses.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

slowbeef posted:

Maybe we should give the cliffhangers a rest until something happens. This is just kinda frustrating.

The sequence was just too long. At least you're getting an update a day until something does happen, I promise.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

RefinedUndefined posted:

The most likely scenarios, in my opinion, are that Togami is dead, his box is open, or Monobear has crashed the party. Of course, it could just be that Mikan tripped over again in some incredibly bizarre manner.

If somebody's dead, it's probably going to be one of the three not in the shot (as ApplesandOranges pointed out).
edit; but yeah, Mikan is also missing as well, so it might just be another 'oh nooo I slipped and fell into an incomprehensibly awkward position' scenario

I'm kind of wondering about that missing skewer -- odds are really good that it's going to be the murder weapon or associated with the murder, but it's anyone's guess.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So we've got a skewer missing, and Peko deciding to guard the box o' dangerous things, which is right next to the fuse box, AND she was the last one to see Kuzuryuu? I'm not even sure she could be more suspicious if she tried.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
Also, is it implied that someone's locked in the bathroom? Wondering what that's about.

Peko could theoretically hide a skewer in her little sword carrier thing, hmm.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hanamura, Togami and Komaeda aren't in that last shot, so maybe something happened to one of them?
Mikan and Souda are also missing from that last shot.

Mondlicht posted:

Peko could theoretically hide a skewer in her little sword carrier thing, hmm.
Or perhaps someone stashed it between a gap in the floorboards...

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

orenronen posted:

The sequence was just too long. At least you're getting an update a day until something does happen, I promise.

That's an update rate I can deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Well, that's eight people confirmed to be still alive, if we include our protagonist. Then again, the chances of Hinata getting killed so soon are pretty slim.

There's definitely something suspicious about that blackout, especially combined with the weak floorboards. It's the perfect opportunity for someone to slip out of the lodge, or for someone to slip in. This is highly speculatory, but it's possible that Kuzuryuu and Peko had some sort of arrangement where she'd knock out the lights, allowing him to sneak into the lodge. Since she went to the office where the circuit breakers are, she'd have the opportunity to have done it.

And since Kuzuryuu is a SHSL Gangster, he'd definitely have the criminal background to have learned how to pick locks(allowing him access to the case with all the weapons inside). Then again, there's still the issue of where that missing skewer went... Maybe there will be more than one murder attempt.

• Locked thread