Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Oliver knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

It's a good thing it's only Me, Goog & MRP because we go NINETY MINUTES. We talk about a bunch of stuff and go on a few rants!!! YEAH!!! It says 2/18 because that's when we recorded it.

Topics:

01.) Thoughts on the New WWE Title.
02.) What got us into Wrestling.
03.) All time favorite match.
04.) FOTW: Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar.
05.) TNA is GOING ON THE ROAD!!!
06.) Is Dixie Carter the worst promoter?
07.) Talkin bout Swagger & Zeb
08.) WOTW: Bashams
09.) Worst match we've seen live.
10.) HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION TIME: SmackDown switches to a three-man booth of Michael Cole, JBL and Matt Striker. When does JBL snap, and who does he kill first: Cole, or Striker?

Also be sure to listen until the end.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 20, 2013

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
No KFG, no buys. You will regret this!!!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

drat those are some good topics!

e: hahahahaha that intro

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Needs more CC. #FreeCC

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cactus Jack posted:

Needs more CC. #FreeCC

That's the problem, he won't work free.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRayPer posted:

That's the problem, he won't work free.

This is why the business is in the shape it is nowadays. A bunch of you old farts holding down the young up and coming stars like CC.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Granny's reasons for Olympic Wrestling being banned ruled.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I thought Vinny trying to explain Ricardo's bucket to Bryan was funny. I want to hear him explain Skeeter's bucket, and his feud with Ron Sexton.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MRP's comparison of Dixie and Nixon was the best.

Striker could be a great play by play guy. He just gets out of control with color and analysis. John Sterling would be loving incredible calling wrestling.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

It's a good thing it's only Me, Goog & MRP because we go NINETY MINUTES. We talk about a bunch of stuff and go on a few rants!!! YEAH!!! It says 2/18 because that's when we recorded it.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Also, in regards to the Dixie vs. Quack female wrestler argument payment, I think it's arguable that with autograph fees, merch sales and estimated value of Amazon Wishlist gifts, these wrestlers make more per-appearance from DM Punk than either promoter.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

OUR HEAVENLY CHAMP posted:

I thought Vinny trying to explain Ricardo's bucket to Bryan was funny. I want to hear him explain Skeeter's bucket, and his feud with Ron Sexton.
SHERMAN TANK. ERNIE BALLS. ERNEST BALLS

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I've got a couple questions for the next 10 Count:

What's a gimmick you thought was really good, but flopped and generally everybody else hates? What went wrong for the wrestler in question?

What's the dumbest segment you've ever seen on a wrestling show?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Gaylord Plower posted:

Lately? Anything Hornswoggle was involved in: Anonymous GM, Little People's Court, those segments where Teddy tried to teach him to speak...Cena's rambling promos also count.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Gaylord Plower posted:

What's a gimmick you thought was really good, but flopped and generally everybody else hates? What went wrong for the wrestler in question?

Chris "Champagne" Kanyon. Kevin Sullivan got rid of him because nothing fun was allowed during his post-Russo run.

Anything on NXT3 that involved wrestling instead of nonsense.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I guess I'll crosspost those in the Questions Thread then.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I loved "Above Average" Mike Sanders' gimmick. Felt like a bit of a pisstake on the usual "God's gift to wrestling" types, while also putting Sanders over. Sanders was also an excellent talker.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I loved "Above Average" Mike Sanders' gimmick. Felt like a bit of a pisstake on the usual "God's gift to wrestling" types, while also putting Sanders over. Sanders was also an excellent talker.

Too bad when WWF bought WCW he was SOL... and you know what that means

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

HulkaMatt posted:

Also be sure to listen until the end.
Maybe it's just me, but that sounded a lot more like Dean Ambrose.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Thanks for answering my questions!

Also, in regards to the Dixie vs. Quack female wrestler argument payment, I think it's arguable that with autograph fees, merch sales and estimated value of Amazon Wishlist gifts, these wrestlers make more per-appearance from DM Punk than either promoter.

This snuck up on me and hit me just right.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Gaylord Plower posted:

We've actually talked about this once before! I remember that I defended the Scramble and got soundly booed.

Edit: In fact, it was way back in the very first edition of the 10 Count!

quote:

Ooof, this one's tough. I'll put it on my list for the next one I host.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 20, 2013

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
What are your thoughts on Chikara?

I've been meaning to watch it for a while, but I want some other opinions.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

EDIT: i only just realized you were asking the 10 count lol oops

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 21, 2013

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.
really liked the last 10 Count, lot of good discussion especially the Dixie stuff.

here's a question I'm not sure has necessarily has been formally addressed. What would you guys say has been the worst squandering of talent in WWE? Whether it's someone you personally saw a lot in or just was ruined in the worst fashion i.e. Swagger (barring current events), Kofi, Masters, McIntyre, etc.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Draga posted:

What are your thoughts on Chikara?

I've been meaning to watch it for a while, but I want some other opinions.

It's cool the way they invented tag team psychology.

What do you think will happen to The Shield? Where are they going, when they break up who is gonna sink or swim?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
There was a question on today's WOR where someone asked Dave whether they could replace Jack Swagger with Shelton Benjamin if Swagger got fired, since they both have All-American wrestling backgrounds. Yes, put Shelton Benjamin with a racist manager. Jesus Christ

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

There was a question on today's WOR where someone asked Dave whether they could replace Jack Swagger with Shelton Benjamin if Swagger got fired, since they both have All-American wrestling backgrounds. Yes, put Shelton Benjamin with a racist manager. Jesus Christ

Someone was talking about this in the SwaggaDome thread. Having the racist guy throw slurs at all the other races and then turn around shouting about how he can't be racist because he manages a black guy is pretty much Tea Party 101.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Gonzo McFee posted:

Someone was talking about this in the SwaggaDome thread. Having the racist guy throw slurs at all the other races and then turn around shouting about how he can't be racist because he manages a black guy is pretty much Tea Party 101.

Never thought of that. Interesting

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If anyone's not familiar with the steroid and sexual assault scandals of the early 90's WWE, this week's Review A Wai deals with the Phil Donohue appearance with Vince, Meltzer, Bruno, and the fired employee, as well as the Geraldo interview. Pretty good in-depth look at that time period for those that might not have been around or watching wrestling back then.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/36560:review-a-wai-donahue-and-geraldo-cover-wwf-scandals/

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Today's show really came off like Dave feels guys with DUIs shouldn't be fired, but he couldn't just say it when Bryan was so upset over it.

Dave's "well they haven't fired anyone over it before so they can't now" is a pretty weak excuse.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Today's show really came off like Dave feels guys with DUIs shouldn't be fired, but he couldn't just say it when Bryan was so upset over it.

Dave's "well they haven't fired anyone over it before so they can't now" is a pretty weak excuse.
Maybe Dave just wasn't being very clear but his position right after the Cameron DUI was that firing her opened them up for a huge lawsuit since there were so many people who kept their job after a DUI.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Maybe Dave just wasn't being very clear but his position right after the Cameron DUI was that firing her opened them up for a huge lawsuit since there were so many people who kept their job after a DUI.
I think the case is still ongoing too, unless it was settled sometime around the holidays. If it was proven she had tried to bribe the cop, they'd have certainly have a good case to fire her on that, I think.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Perigryn posted:

I think the case is still ongoing too, unless it was settled sometime around the holidays. If it was proven she had bribed the cop, they'd have certainly have a good case to fire her.
Oh yeah.
She is beyond hosed if that sticks.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

triplexpac posted:

I love hearing Bryan talk about drugs since he knows absolutely nothing about them. One of my favorite Bryan moments was when he thought marijuana use in MMA was terrible because it allowed fighters to not feel pain at all, so they would be unstoppable on it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Cactus Jack posted:

I love hearing Bryan talk about drugs since he knows absolutely nothing about them. One of my favorite Bryan moments was when he thought marijuana use in MMA was terrible because it allowed fighters to not feel pain at all, so they would be unstoppable on it.

:stare: This is a thing that happened? Holy gently caress...

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Good AOW today, Chuck Taylor's the guest. He took 7 years to finish college because of wrestling :stare:

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

Good AOW today, Chuck Taylor's the guest. He took 7 years to finish college because of wrestling :stare:

Tommy: Did you hear I finally graduated?
Richard Hayden: Yeah, and just a shade under a decade too. All right.
Tommy: You know a lot of people go to college for seven years.
Richard Hayden: I know, they're called doctors.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Daniel Bryan is never going to get those gym credits so he can graduate. :ohdear:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cactus Jack posted:

Tommy: Did you hear I finally graduated?
Richard Hayden: Yeah, and just a shade under a decade too. All right.
Tommy: You know a lot of people go to college for seven years.
Richard Hayden: I know, they're called doctors.

He pretty much made that joke, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

:stare: This is a thing that happened? Holy gently caress...

bryan alvarez is the kind of guy who watched reefer madness as a kid and thought everything it said was legit

• Locked thread