Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Do Warriors still get the tanking buff in instances when they queued as tank? Or has that been removed by now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I keep finding weird graphical glitches, finally remembered to upload my screenshots

This happens a lot. It seem if you use the forward dash attack (forgot name) while out of combat and fall of a ledge or run into something at a specific time or angle, the effect stays until you use another skill.

No idea what I did to make this happen, the weapons stayed out during normal animations so they clipped trough the model in weird ways.

Blocking without a shield.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...

BabyFur Denny posted:

Do Warriors still get the tanking buff in instances when they queued as tank? Or has that been removed by now?

Warrior tanking buff was taken out when they received block. Lasted about a month if I remember correctly.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Good Citizen posted:

Lvl 51 and I probably should just be focusing on questing for XP but I want the enchantable heavy chest plate from Akashas so bad. It looks so utterly ridiculous on female Castanics that I find it hilarious. Oh well. I've enchanted my axe to +7 while I've been wasting my time there at least
Armor appearances aren't unique, which set are you talking about.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Armor appearances aren't unique, which set are you talking about.
This one

Every time I see it it makes me laugh

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So for weapons is it better to go with the non enchantable or enchantable? The base stats on the non enchantable tend to be significantly higher, and you'd pretty much have to hit +8 or something to get the enchantable to the same specs.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

So for weapons is it better to go with the non enchantable or enchantable? The base stats on the non enchantable tend to be significantly higher, and you'd pretty much have to hit +8 or something to get the enchantable to the same specs.

Usually +6 and up trumps nonenchantable. So it depends how long you plan to use the gear and how easy it is to obtain one or the other

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Good Citizen posted:

This one

Every time I see it it makes me laugh
Yeah that gets reused, just look on the broker and sort by item level descending and check each one

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Yeah that gets reused, just look on the broker and sort by item level descending and check each one

How do you view what an item looks like when using the broker?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Fixit posted:

How do you view what an item looks like when using the broker?
Ctrl+Right Click

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Forgot if I posted this before, but I'd like to buy a copy of TERA or two for a couple friends (and using the bonus gifts myself) from an Aus goon or something. I'd pay $15-20 per copy if anyone can still manage the $12 copies at EB Games.

e: I have PMs, but you can reply if you want to contact some other way!

vvv: they'd be getting founders for free :colbert:

Eigo fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 19, 2013

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Eigo posted:

Forgot if I posted this before, but I'd like to buy a copy of TERA or two for a couple friends (and using the bonus gifts myself) from an Aus goon or something. I'd pay $15-20 per copy if anyone can still manage the $12 copies at EB Games.

What a jerk stealing all the boosts that your friends get.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Why has quest XP dropped off so badly in the 30s :cry:

At 35 and most of them give 3% of a level!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Carecat posted:

Why has quest XP dropped off so badly in the 30s :cry:

At 35 and most of them give 3% of a level!

Focus on red story quests. While you can't do them exclusively, even into the late 40s some of them give like a third of a level

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is the Goon guild on Mount Tyranas, now that Valley of Titans is back?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Anatharon posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3533466

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Anatharon posted:

Yes, it's still on MT.

Boxx
Jan 7, 2005

Eigo posted:

vvv: they'd be getting founders for free :colbert:

I'm also interested in this if someone wants to shoot me a PM as well.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
You can remodel level 60 whites from the AH on to your low level gear for a few gold :ninja:

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I hate all pubbies and I hope they all quit. Who are these people who have never ran CoF before and refuse to admit or tell anyone and then wipe the group. This is not the first healer that doesn't know what dispel the boss with plague is. Not the first healer who doesn't have plague on their bar. But this is the first healer who never even learned the skill. Are you serious? Why would you not keep it on your bar? Or why would you not learn the skill at all? To save yourself 10 silver from the trainer?

I could tank mark 1 through the the enflame but they don't deserve loot. I rather get nothing than the healer getting something.

I guess I'm just bitter failing PUG after PUG.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

:3:

edit;

tearshed fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 20, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ugh, are there any mounts besides cash shop/CE lion that my slutty elf won't ride side saddle? Hate that, but probably stuck with horsies until 60 aren't I? :(

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Velveteen posted:

I hate all pubbies and I hope they all quit. Who are these people who have never ran CoF before and refuse to admit or tell anyone and then wipe the group. This is not the first healer that doesn't know what dispel the boss with plague is. Not the first healer who doesn't have plague on their bar. But this is the first healer who never even learned the skill. Are you serious? Why would you not keep it on your bar? Or why would you not learn the skill at all? To save yourself 10 silver from the trainer?

I could tank mark 1 through the the enflame but they don't deserve loot. I rather get nothing than the healer getting something.

I guess I'm just bitter failing PUG after PUG.

Welp. If you were online about 2 or 3 hours earlier I'd have taken you to MCNM with a MCHM experienced group so you'd have some fun at least.

No loot dropped though :(

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Ugh, are there any mounts besides cash shop/CE lion that my slutty elf won't ride side saddle? Hate that, but probably stuck with horsies until 60 aren't I? :(
I was wondering if I was the only one annoyed by that. Unfortunately the fastest mount in the game is a horse (Honor Steed).

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Side saddles are the worst thing and I don't get it why every MMO ever has them. It's the 21st century, not the 19th.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

KaneTW posted:

Side saddles are the worst thing and I don't get it why every MMO ever has them. It's the 21st century, not the 19th.

It just seems weird to kill monsters with my fierce warrior, and then hop on the horse like a Victorian lady. Really enjoying the game, well the first areas at least. Now if I can just decide on a class.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Not sure who else gets a random screen flicker every 30 seconds or so with an AMD 7xxx graphics card, but the 13.2 Beta4 AMD drivers finally fixed it for me:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=374415

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

KaneTW posted:

Tera is the first game I've ever seen side-saddle in.

Also TERA is fantasy so I don't see why not.

Alasuojus
Jul 27, 2012
I kind of liked this game when I tried it on my laptop but I keep getting "Unable to contact reliable source" error message when trying to install it on my desktop pc. I installed the game on my laptop using happycloud so maybe that would help but I wouldn't want to install anything extra on my desktop. According to the forums people have had this problem before but it seems there is no real fix for it? The need to log in to the client before it starts patching is driving me nuts too...

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Sadly, I don't think I have this code, as I ordered it online, as I live in Europe and all. :smith:

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Alasuojus posted:

I kind of liked this game when I tried it on my laptop but I keep getting "Unable to contact reliable source" error message when trying to install it on my desktop pc. I installed the game on my laptop using happycloud so maybe that would help but I wouldn't want to install anything extra on my desktop. According to the forums people have had this problem before but it seems there is no real fix for it? The need to log in to the client before it starts patching is driving me nuts too...

turn off p2p sharing in the launcher/tools? That'll switch it from torrent-style to a direct download.

Edit: Also, Happycloud is a really good idea, because it's a 27gb game and you can play it once it loads the intro movies and the newb zone (somewhere between 2-4gb). If you have it on your lappy already, start the download, stop it, copy everything from the laptop to your PC, and use tools/repair game install. It'll crunch for a while and decide you're up-to-date.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Eltoasto posted:

Snowdrift is ridden astride.

Alasuojus
Jul 27, 2012

Harik posted:

turn off p2p sharing in the launcher/tools? That'll switch it from torrent-style to a direct download.

Edit: Also, Happycloud is a really good idea, because it's a 27gb game and you can play it once it loads the intro movies and the newb zone (somewhere between 2-4gb). If you have it on your lappy already, start the download, stop it, copy everything from the laptop to your PC, and use tools/repair game install. It'll crunch for a while and decide you're up-to-date.

Thank you for the tips. I tried these but unfortunately they didn't solve the problem. I had to go to work so I deleted everything and started over. It should be finished downloading by the time I get back.

I have to say I've really enjoyed my level 10 warrior so far. The game doesn't lag much even when playing from EU and I love the dodging mechanic.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Is it worth it to by keys in bulk, open boxes, then sell the goods? I've had good luck with the keys that I get from the post so far and I've been thinking about it.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Velveteen posted:

I hate all pubbies and I hope they all quit. Who are these people who have never ran CoF before and refuse to admit or tell anyone and then wipe the group.

I can relate to the frustration and I am the type who always makes it clear in chat when I am not familiar with an instance/encounter/role that I perform, but it is also worth pointing out that a lot of pubbies have been trained to stay silent. Announcing that you are new to an instance even with the intention of being open to learning how to do it can get you kicked. This sort of thing is not exclusive to TERA but present within most MMOs. I guess what I am saying is that the core problem is the community of people who don't want to play with others that are going through their learning curve phase.

While I always speak up anyways, I would be a liar if I didn't also say that sometimes I hold my breath because I do get kicked sometimes.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Unbound posted:

Is it worth it to by keys in bulk, open boxes, then sell the goods? I've had good luck with the keys that I get from the post so far and I've been thinking about it.

I don't think it's worth buying them but I think using the ones you get free is great. So far I managed to get up to around 1100G on a new character, buy a thing for 1000G, then make it back in the first box I opened.

If you're feeling lucky though, go for it. Now is probably a good time to buy them assuming people are selling lower than 100G, I suppose.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Xavier434 posted:

I can relate to the frustration and I am the type who always makes it clear in chat when I am not familiar with an instance/encounter/role that I perform, but it is also worth pointing out that a lot of pubbies have been trained to stay silent. Announcing that you are new to an instance even with the intention of being open to learning how to do it can get you kicked. This sort of thing is not exclusive to TERA but present within most MMOs. I guess what I am saying is that the core problem is the community of people who don't want to play with others that are going through their learning curve phase.

While I always speak up anyways, I would be a liar if I didn't also say that sometimes I hold my breath because I do get kicked sometimes.

The saddest part is, the dungeons itself isn't very hard. Its quite easy, there are just a few things you need to do to prevent wiping the entire party. If they knew exactly what to do then it could all be prevented. Staying silent about it would get you kicked faster when they find out you screwed up because you're new when someone asked if everyone has done the dungeon before. I will always say if it is my first run, or I'm not familiar/confident enough to tank without taking excess damage so they should stay alert for heals. Maybe its because I am a tank but I found most people will be glad to help. Everyone has gone through this situation before and passing down knowledge is always satisfying. I'm usually ok with pubbies, but if they wipe the group for a dungeon that has a 30 min timer for the dungeon and a 1 day lockout, I will get annoyed. Especially when all it takes is one click of a spell. If it fails, they can say something and I can kite the boss until he/she can dispel it again.

I will only kick someone if they are extremely undergeared or AFK at the start. Like wearing PvP gear to get into queue for ACHM when your PVE ilevel is 141 with greens.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Yeah, I understand. Everything you said makes sense especially from a player like you who treats these situations reasonably. Unfortunately, too many other players are not reasonable and in the minds of many pubbies they would rather take their chances than risk getting kicked immediately. They want to play and they are scared to speak up. This is almost entirely the fault of those in the community which treat these people like crap just for being inexperienced with a piece of content.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

KaneTW posted:

Side saddles are how ladies avoid showing their lady parts. Let's just forget that when I run forward with my Castanic she's constantly flashing her panties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

Side saddles are how ladies avoid showing their lady parts. Let's just forget that when I run forward with my Castanic she's constantly flashing her panties.

Side saddles are terrible. Women would secretly ride normally when men aren't around. Not to mention you need the help of others to get into a side saddle. But onto Tera, Elins and Amani doesn't ride side saddles. So pick one of those two if you want to ride normally!

• Locked thread