Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009
Yeah, well you can't manhandle a customer over it, you can refuse service, not to mention that discretion plays a part- 12 items is cool, 40 isn't. Usually, the offenders just pull the old "Whoops, didn't see the bright red, 10 square foot, lit up 8 ITEMS OR LESS sign!" line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

That kind of thing is a bummer, but it would have just wasted even more time if the cashier had refused service.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

quote:

After completing a long, arduous Photoshopping task for a fashion company, the payment was due.

ME: In accordance with the contract, you owe me X.

CLIENT: That’s quite a lot of money. How about I don’t tell anyone you slept with two of our models?

ME: I didn’t sleep with any of your models…

CLIENT: How about instead of payment, I organize that?

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Sunshine89 posted:

For content, some STDH about Denzel popped up on Facebook, courtesy of the group "Hit Like if Agreed":

Remember this next time you walk up to the ticket window of your local movie theater with $10 in your hand. The Media (Accidentally?) missed this one!!!! Please read this: The troops oversees would like you to send it to everybody you know. Subject: Denzel Washington, and Brooks Army Medical Center. Don't know whether you heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brook Army Medical Center , in San Antonio , Texas, (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers who have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the United States , especially burn victims. There are some buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled most of the time. While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it. The question is - why do: Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise and other Hollywood fluff make front page news with their ridiculous anticsand Denzel Washington's Patriotism doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the Local newspaper in San Antonio . A true American and friend to all in uniform! This needs as wide a distribution as we can create. Please share it!

This is really old but it did actually happen.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/denzel.asp

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

constantIllusion posted:

Staying on the theme of Customer Service STDH, let's have some from Craigslist Rants and Raves:

Wegman's is a chain of grocery stores located mainly in Western New York that also sells takeout.

:spergin: The rules say you can only have this many! I'm telling!

Although Wegman's is one of the better paying grocery stores, I seriously doubt that the teenager that runs the cash register really gives a poo poo about how many items each customer has.

The guy behind this guy then said "Really? 7 items or less? It should say 7 items or fewer :smug:" First hot fish fry guy was left with his mouth agape as he ran out of the store and then the whole store clapped. When the cashier got to him, she said "Don't worry about it, those hot fish fries are on me." When he got out to the car the cashier was waiting and gave him a blowjob on the ride home.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

This would be the lamest extortion attempt ever. "Yeah, well... I'll tell everyone you had sex with attractive women!"

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

This is really old but it did actually happen.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/denzel.asp

:doh:

The one time something looks like STDH, smells like STDH, is distributed like STDH it turns out to be ST(Actually)H

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

quote:

(My boyfriend, who is 5’9″ and 175 lbs. of lean muscle, has come to visit me at work. He’s standing across the counter from me when a customer walks in. Not wanting to be in the way, he moves to stand near our fountain drink. The customer walks up to the counter and gives me a lecherous smirk.)

Customer: “How you doin’ hot stuff? You sure are fine.”

Me: *rolls eyes* “I’m not interested. I have a boyfriend, and he’s—”

Customer: “Yeah, sure. I’ll bet he’s a p****. I’ll show you a real man.”

Me: “I’ll have you know my boyfriend was in the Army and is an MMA fighter, so—”

Customer: “That don’t mean s***! Give me your number and I’ll show you what a real man can do for you.”

(I realize I’m not going to get through to this customer, so I sigh and look over to my boyfriend.)

Me: “Babe, will you please explain to him that I know what a real man is, and what a real man can do?”

(Hearing this, my boyfriend stands up straight, smirks, and cracks his knuckles.)

Boyfriend: “Gladly, baby girl. I was wondering when you were going to let me step in.”

Customer: *pales* “Oh, uh, never mind!” *runs out of the store*

Boyfriend: *laughs* “Good thing he didn’t know I need a knee replacement, huh?”

Mmm Hmm. Customer running out of the store at the sight of a 175# 5'9" guy. At 5'9" and 175 unless you were shirtless no one would think you were anything other than slender.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
All I can picture from the above is a Popeye cartoon.

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~

Hughlander posted:

Mmm Hmm. Customer running out of the store at the sight of a 175# 5'9" guy. At 5'9" and 175 unless you were shirtless no one would think you were anything other than slender.

If a version of this story did really happen in real life, the "lecherous" man probably just walked away due to the situation being kinda awkward.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Crow Jane posted:

All I can picture from the above is a Popeye cartoon.

Popeye: *laughs* “Good thing he didn’t know I needs me spinach, huh?”

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skeleton Ape posted:

This would be the lamest extortion attempt ever. "Yeah, well... I'll tell everyone you had sex with attractive women!"

Holy poo poo he's saying that he'd give the dude bragging rights how could you not get this????

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sunshine89 posted:

:doh:

The one time something looks like STDH, smells like STDH, is distributed like STDH it turns out to be ST(Actually)H

Well, it is actually kinda still STDH. According to the Snopes page, he did not actually pull out a checkbook and pay for a whole shelter. Much like other STDH, it's exaggerated truth.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Nullity posted:

[Translator's Note: Someone was disturbing The Hero's day by complaining near them. The Hero fantasised about glaring super-duper hard and yelling at them but didn't. Then The Hero went home and shared the fantasy with the world.]

Shit_That_Didn't_Happen Checklist
:words: : Check
"Be nice to employees" rant: Check
Free poo poo: Check
Public applause: N/A

I like how in some of these STDHs the angry customer/crazy person is always gently caress poo poo gently caress poo poo pussy rear end in a top hat oval office human being poo poo gently caress.

I've never been outside, surely real people talk like they do in Pulp Fiction???

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
What's a p****? Pitch? Punch?

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
It took me a really long time to figure that out too, I hate it when they censor such innocuous words. It's "prick."

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet
Pretty sure it's "pussy", makes sense in the context of him disregarding the army + MMA thing.

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Hughlander posted:

You don't get it. He was full of lean muscle! That's the toughest kind of muscle.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Skeleton Ape posted:

I'm pretty sure that guy was offering to let the other guy sleep with two models then not tell anyone.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Hughlander posted:

This one also has my favourite piece of patented STDH bonus material: the "hero" ends up looking like as big a douchebag as the villain. My girlfriend would probably dump me if instead of just telling him to leave her alone I cracked my knuckles and played the tough guy routine.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Lady Naga posted:

Holy poo poo he's saying that he'd give the dude bragging rights how could you not get this????

Hey, no need to get testy. I also first read it as "either I give you money and tell people you slept with two of our models or you can sleep with two of our models".

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

All on Black posted:

This one also has my favourite piece of patented STDH bonus material: the "hero" ends up looking like as big a douchebag as the villain. My girlfriend would probably dump me if instead of just telling him to leave her alone I cracked my knuckles and played the tough guy routine.

"Honey, please don't do poo poo like that. Why not? Because you're like five foot nine, you jackass! Maybe I SHOULD have given my number. If I was with a real man, then at least I could wear some goddamn heels when we go out. rear end in a top hat."

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

ActionZero posted:

I'm pretty sure that guy was offering to let the other guy sleep with two models then not tell anyone.

I think it was more along the lines of 'I'll tell people you bonked two of the models and are thus really unprofessional', then the offer. But who cares? This S clearly DH.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Hughlander posted:

At 5'9" and 175 unless you were shirtless no one would think you were anything other than slender.

At 5'9, and 175lbs you're not slender, you're actually overweight :eng101:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

All on Black posted:

"Baby girl"

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

At 5'9, and 175lbs you're not slender, you're actually overweight :eng101:

I was giving the story the benefit of the doubt that the person was muscular, and it just goes to show the BMI is for populations not individuals. Sylvester Stallone is 5'8" and was 175 pounds in Rocky III. Overweight?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I think we can all agree that BMI is dumb and fat people are fat.

Toast1862
Mar 9, 2012

"and your everything i have and need.....your my radio to my heart...your my dubsteps....to my remixs..."

quote:

I know I’ve gone off on this before and it’s only been a few days, but I need to vent some more and I feel there’s no better place to do it than on this obscure-rear end blog that hardly anyone watches.

Is it too much to ask that the labels I use to describe aspects of myself not be used as a dirty word? I thought there were only ten words (seven if you’re a die-hard Carlin fan).

Otherkin, polyphile, panspirit, asexual, hell, even feminist is a dirty word now. If I say any of them out loud, I can feel the judgement of everyone else around me honing in and mind-flaying me. It’s poo poo like that that reminds me that the world isn’t as mature as I would hope.

I seriously nearly got thrown out of a restaurant tonight because I complained that the waitress made a derogatory comment because she overheard me saying that I was an otherkin. “Does Mr. Bark want a salad?” she trilled at me. Seriously? I am not usually one to get up in someone’s face, but I stopped just short of screaming at her for being such an inconsiderate dolt. Can we try to fix this poo poo, please?

I’m done.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"Hell, even FEMINIST" because believing you have the soul of a cartoon character is literally the exact same thing as thinking women deserve equal rights.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!
Oh man, it's nice to have dinner and catch up. What's new with me? Well, I'm all of the characters from Homestuck n- wait, did that bitch waitress just roll her eyes? Wow, just wow, wait until tumblr hears about this.

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010
No one in real life knows what an otherkin is, i certainly dont

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

the chief v2 posted:

No one in real life knows what an otherkin is, i certainly dont

There was a guy who used to come around my college campus during various events and try to run a booth where he explained :allears: fursecution :allears: to people. He wasn't a student, he was just a creepy, greasy furry with stringy hair and bad skin who desperately wanted people to believe that his dumb hobby made him the victim of real discrimination.

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thank God I don't know what half of those words mean. Hopefully by next year tumblr kids will have all sorts of new words to describe themselves and I'll be completely out of the loop.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Mo Tzu posted:

Thank God I don't know what half of those words mean. Hopefully by next year tumblr kids will have all sorts of new words to describe themselves and I'll be completely out of the loop.

They're already at the point where you can just jam your hand into a bag of Scrabble letters and come out with your 'preferred' gender pronouns, I don't really see where you go from there.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

quote:

(My boyfriend, who is 5’9″ and 175 lbs. of "lean muscle", has come to visit me at Burger King. He’s standing across the counter from me when a customer walks in. Not wanting to be in the way (so considerate), he moves to stand near our fountain drinks. The customer walks up to the counter and gives me a lecherous smirk.)

Customer: “How you doin’ hot stuff? You sure are fine.”

Me: *rolls eyes* “I’m not interested. I have a boyfriend, and he’s—”

Customer: “Yeah, sure. I’ll bet he’s an otherkin. I’ll show you how a real polyphile rolls.”

Me: “I’ll have you know my boyfriend was in the Army and is the current MMA champion...........”

Customer: “That don’t mean poo poo! Give me your number and I’ll show you what a real panspirit can do for you.”

(I realize I’m not going to get through to this customer, so I sigh and look over to my boyfriend.)

Me: “Babe, will you please explain to him that I know what a real otherkin is, and what a real polyphile can do?”

(Hearing this, my boyfriend stands up straight, smirks, and cracks his knuckles.)

Boyfriend: “Gladly, baby girl. I was wondering when you were going to let me step in baby girl. I mean I've been sitting here by the Pepsi squirter just itching to get my Army/MMMA on.”

Customer: *pales* “Oh, uh, never mind! I forgot I have tickets to the Lilith Fair!"

Boyfriend: *laughs* “Good thing he didn’t know I need a knee replacement, huh baby girl!?”

Trebek has a new favorite as of 05:58 on Feb 21, 2013

Fascinator
Jan 2, 2011

The four stages of E/N posting.
"Pepsi squirter"?

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Toast1862 posted:

DISCRIMINATION

Well, I'm obviously super-mega-Hitler because every single one of those words made my eyes roll so hard it hurt.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Toast1862 posted:

If I say any of them out loud, I can feel the judgement of everyone else around me honing in and mind-flaying me.

As a Mind-Flayer-kin, you have triggered me. All of you who eat things other than sanity disgust me, physical-matter-mouths.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

:golfclap: This is good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Neither I or Urbandictionary know what a panspirit or polyphile is and I think I like it this way.

• Locked thread