Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiriO
Feb 17, 2013
What if Pekoyama isn't dead, but simply knocked unconscious and stuffed into the bathroom so she couldn't stop the murderer? It would keep her out of the way without arousing suspicion until it was too late, but at the same time it might have been too much for the murderer to do while avoiding notice.

Honestly this murder is already baffling me. No one seems that likely a candidate for the killer and quite frankly there just isn't enough information to go off of for me to piece anything together. I definitely think that the killer used the night vision goggles, which is why Togami sounded so surprised and confused when he was being attacked.

Another question is how in the blazes did they stuff him under the table? He's huge, and moving a guy that size would take an extreme amount of physical effort, not to mention the lack of blood on the floor around the table is really strange. Maybe if they carried him face-up and then rolled him beneath the table it would make sense, but those splash marks couldn't possibly have been made by that.

I guess I'm just too rusty at these sorts of things, and while I'm upset at the loss of our fearless leader, it isn't too surprising considering he was doing such massive infodumps this whole chapter. Seeing who killed him, how, and with what is going to be very interesting.

Serious Frolicking posted:

My guess is that Togami was stabbed elsewhere, and then crawled under the table. One last bout of corpse-moving, for old time's sake.

Oh you. That would be hilarious in an otherwise sad situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetsubous
Feb 19, 2013

quote:

He allowed Pekoyama to stand guard to the case, alone. He allowed Chiaki to go speak with Monomi, alone.

This is one thing that's really bothering me right now. I had actually been operating on the "DR2 is a prequel" theory (which has obviously now been ruined), but if this really is post-DR1 Togami, why would he ignore the rules they themselves established in the first game of not letting anyone guard anything alone?

Oh, and another thing that occurred to me: since the bathroom has been locked this whole time, we don't know for sure there's not an entrance to the lodge in there, do we? An unblocked window, for example?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

zetsubous posted:

This is one thing that's really bothering me right now. I had actually been operating on the "DR2 is a prequel" theory (which has obviously now been ruined), but if this really is post-DR1 Togami, why would he ignore the rules they themselves established in the first game of not letting anyone guard anything alone?

Oh, and another thing that occurred to me: since the bathroom has been locked this whole time, we don't know for sure there's not an entrance to the lodge in there, do we? An unblocked window, for example?

Oddly enough he wouldn't let Nidai go off on his own either.

Comedy option he just wants to get on the good side of the girls. :v:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 21, 2013

Vyxzuw
Oct 16, 2012

Please stop shitposting in the Let's Play Dangan Ronpa thread!
Okay, joke theory first. He went for the knife, but somehow Mikan falling caused him to stab himself. (Although, I'm wondering if Mikan falling is just fan service, or if she is actually serving as a distraction for someone.)

Maybe Togami didn't go under the table for a knife, but instead followed someone under the table who was going for a knife and was killed in a struggle?

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Portals posted:

Yay, a death!

I hope that Nidai busts through the bathroom door and no one's there. I'm a bit surprised he hadn't already done that.

I hope he does, but I hope he finds Monobear there, occupying the toilet out of pure spite at not having been invited to the party.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Okay

Suzuki Method fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 21, 2013

Armanky
Feb 15, 2013

"Kissing is sex."
-George Costanza

Suzuki Method posted:

(Controversial Imagery)

Keep in mind these are the people who swapped Maizono for Hagakure in DR1's demo for the explicit purpose of not spoiling the first case. I'd take anything short of the game itself with a grain of salt.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 21, 2013

Namingway
Jul 8, 2009
I don't think Gundam's missing earring is a red herring. I think they'll find it attached to someone's back. If the theory that the tape under the table that may have been holding the knife glows in the dark is true... then you'd still need to find the intended victim in the dark. Gundam's earring probably glows in the dark as well. I don't know who's back they would find it on though, as the murder may not have gone to plan. The glow in the dark knife and earring is probably the intended setup though.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Suzuki Method posted:

A moronic post

The OP posted:

3. Stuff that was in the game's promotional material pre-release shouldn't be mentioned until it appears on screen in the LP. That includes character names and titles.

How is this so hard to understand?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Suspicious Dish posted:

The game's opening video probably doesn't count?

Either way I wouldn't be surprised if they planted fake spoilers, like they did with the demo for DR1.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 21, 2013

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
This happened in the first thread, and people got probated for it.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Okay, I'll get rid of it.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Well I don't like speculating on the murders so just commentaries and weirdness

That feel like it dragged compared to some of the DR1 interactions, but I guess it's all so we get some character set ups. Like the poo poo thing was hilarious the first time but after a bit grates, and that little girl is just so frustratingly irritating.

-Togami was murdered under the table in the dark somehow because all the blood was there.

Togami may not be dead, if we're dealing with the same character, we've got a guy who altered a murder scene for fun, fat chance he died that easy. it's almost too expected, it feels more likely he did this as a test and someones actually murdered elsewhere.

Monobear didn't even make an announcement, and they all saw the body simultaneously for the most part, unless we're to believe only the protagonist looked and they just pretend nothing happens.

-Monomi and that girl who I now notice has way more pink on her then I ever noticed before. Somewhat suspicious.

-Something as simple as a stabbing? This is Dongan Ronpa if I've seen anything in these games, it's that this is not at all what we see.

Other then that. Hope to see another update soon.

Armanky
Feb 15, 2013

"Kissing is sex."
-George Costanza

Suspicious Dish posted:

This is from the opening video and was actually in the LP. We all need to settle down here.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Actually, he's right. I'm sure the opening video was made before everything was totally set in stone. Probably why he has the wrong shoes. There was a lot of super spoilery poo poo in the last LP's opening video, though, and nothing that was from the demo trial. Either way, I just thought to go back to the video because I remembered there was a clip of the elevator scene, and wondered if Togami was in it or not (I've been extremely suspicious that he's still alive and simply wounded).

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
[redacted]

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Feb 18, 2014

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
When it comes to the lights, I think it could have been any of them. One of them might have figured out a way to get the circuit-breaker to overload by having a bunch of stuff in the other rooms to turn on with a timer of some sort. They could then be in the party room to take advantage of the darkness, rather than having to find their way from the circuit-breaker to the party in the dark.

The photo also shows that the carpet doesn't cover the area Togami is in, which makes me think the floorboards will be a part of the solution, since they hammered it so much before this. I wonder what kind of space exists under them, though.

I am going to bet Peko is the one in the toilet. She isn't in the office, and the only people who could be in there are either Kuzuryuu or Peko. Easy suspicion is thrown on these characters, but they seem too obvious a choice.

To me, the chief suspect is Nagito, since he would be the only one with enough familiarity with the location, as well as the access he was given in order to possibly set this all up (assuming that I am right about a time-shifted circuit-breaker).

Neeksy fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 21, 2013

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I really can't tell who'd have a motive against Togami unless it was someone willing to murder to get out who was sick of him making it hard. I was thinking the Chef got pissed off at Togami for being a fatass and eating everything, but this looks premeditated.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I wondering if Mikan's fall had something more direct to do with the murder. She may have tripped on something -- a tripwire that sprung the knife, or something. The lights were out long enough for the killer to clean up a lot of evidence, in any case.

Of course, this is all start-of-investigation speculation, and it's going to fall apart once we get the bathroom door open and six dead bodies explode out of it or whatever the gently caress is waiting to surprise us.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Getting a circuit breaker tripped without anyone seeing you is child's play... isn't that right Super High School Level Animal Breeder!

I am curious if Gundam will have his earring returned soon. If they find it under the floorboards then it is a red herring, if he found it himself he is the culprit and whoever returns it to him without us seeing it is the murderer.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Seems like Nagito has a bit of explaining to do, seeing as he was the only one who would really be able to set things up like this.

Also where the hell did Night-vision Goggles comes from?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Deki posted:

I really can't tell who'd have a motive against Togami unless it was someone willing to murder to get out who was sick of him making it hard. I was thinking the Chef got pissed off at Togami for being a fatass and eating everything, but this looks premeditated.

He was also angry at Akane for eating everything and saying his food was like other food.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
You know, I am surprised that Hanamura didn't say a word at the fanservice scene. Was he not there for some reason?

Moreover, this bit from the previous update is suspicious:

quote:

Hey, everyone! Where are you? T...This power outage... it isn't just in the kitchen?

It seems to be Hanamura speaking, and if that sentence is true, he was in the kitchen at the start of the blackout and felt his way back into the hall. In that case, his silence/absence during the scene is really suspicious since he has no reason to walk away again and he is not the one to keep his mouth shut at such things.

That said, I am leaning towards Nagito or Hanamura as the culprit. Both have access to the lodge before the party starts and lots of time to set up.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

BFC posted:

Seems like Nagito has a bit of explaining to do, seeing as he was the only one who would really be able to set things up like this.

There was a whole rack of them in the supermarket. They were pretty easily available to anyone who wanted a pair.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BFC posted:

They were found in the supermarket where we first met Tsumiki and Ibuki.

orenronen posted:

Before we go on to the other person in this supermarket, let's check out the goods. We'll start with this suspicious pile in the front.

This stand has military goods... Are those night-vision goggles?

What supermarket would carry these things?

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

The lights were out long enough for the killer to clean up a lot of evidence, in any case.

You know, while we don't really have an exact enough timeline to really judge how much was possible while the lights were out, we do know that it's at least short enough that it's plausible for Souda to say to the others that he went out into the hallway, then stumbled around a bit without reaching the office before the lights went back on; I'd imagine it's a matter of seconds more than anything. He goes out at the end of the lights-out dialogue sequence which represents the timeframe of the murder, so that adds a tiny bit more time, but it however long that its, it'd still have to be a pretty short time-frame. Without judging whether he's the criminal or not (leaving the room around the time of the murder either gives him an alibi, or an opportunity to dispose of evidence no one else had), too long and his story would seem too weird.

Jeek posted:

You know, I am surprised that Hanamura didn't say a word at the fanservice scene. Was he not there for some reason?

It seems to be Hanamura speaking, and if that sentence is true, he was in the kitchen at the start of the blackout and felt his way back into the hall. In that case, his silence/absence during the scene is really suspicious since he has no reason to walk away again and he is not the one to keep his mouth shut at such things.

That said, I am leaning towards Nagito or Hanamura as the culprit. Both have access to the lodge before the party starts and lots of time to set up.

As far as I can tell re-reading the update, Hanamura should be in the kitchen the entire time- at least we don't see him in the hall until coming back from checking on Chiaki and Monomi. I'm not reading that line as necessarily implying that he's coming back into the hall so much as just panickedly asking "Where is everyone?". I'm sure we'll get a testimony about his location during the crime soon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I get the feeling this case will become incredibly easy when we find out what kind of knife Togami was stabbed with. Assuming this isn’t some kind of elaborate first case that ties into the bigger conspiracy of the game, the one person attending the party who had the most incentive to specifically target Big Boy is Hanamura. The guy has been denying everything that Monobear has touched and likely the last place he thought he had control of his life was in his “castle”, the kitchen.

Togami taking away all of his dangerous cutlery could have been the last straw for his already fragile, perverted mind.

ZiriO
Feb 17, 2013
But if both Nagito and Hanamura left the shack in order to go get supplies (food in Hanamura's case, a carpet in Nagito's), then there might have been a time when both of them left the shack unsupervised. Which means anyone could have gotten in and began setting up a murder scene, right?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Falls Down Stairs posted:

You know, while we don't really have an exact enough timeline to really judge how much was possible while the lights were out, we do know that it's at least short enough that it's plausible for Souda to say to the others that he went out into the hallway, then stumbled around a bit without reaching the office before the lights went back on; I'd imagine it's a matter of seconds more than anything. He goes out at the end of the lights-out dialogue sequence which represents the timeframe of the murder, so that adds a tiny bit more time, but it however long that its, it'd still have to be a pretty short time-frame. Without judging whether he's the criminal or not (leaving the room around the time of the murder either gives him an alibi, or an opportunity to dispose of evidence no one else had), too long and his story would seem too weird.

As far as I can tell re-reading the update, Hanamura should be in the kitchen the entire time- at least we don't see him in the hall until coming back from checking on Chiaki and Monomi. I'm not reading that line as necessarily implying that he's coming back into the hall so much as just panickedly asking "Where is everyone?". I'm sure we'll get a testimony about his location during the crime soon.

Oren said that some people are off at the side of the room are just not noticed with looking at them from the normal position. Him and Nagito were likely off to the side.

Actually I would like to confirm that. Oren were they off to the side.

Gadvac
Feb 18, 2013
Just to get it out of the way- oh no, Togami! I really should have expected that, though. Guess I'll just have to poker-face my way through any conversations with my friends who are still at DR1 chapter 3.

Anyway, I think I'll do my speculating as well here. As far as absolutes go (as in, who couldn't possibly have done it under any circumstances), we've really only got our protagonist, Hinata. That leaves, well, basically everyone else as a suspect. Nobody, unless I've missed something, actually has an absolute bulletproof alibi.

Pekoyama was guarding the circuit breaker, so could easily be suspected due to the power-out. The problem is, if that was how the lights went out, then she'd have to return to the room after the murder to flip it back on, and only then could she, oh, say, hide in the bathroom. (That seems to be the only logical place, considering that Nanami, assuming she isn't the culprit, didn't see anyone leave.) If she did that, she'd be running over to the bathroom with the lights already on. At that point, everyone was still confused and trying to figure out what was going on (looking around, etc.). Distracted by Tsumiki, but still, I'd expect someone to at least hear the door open, especially with how Nidai was incredibly anxious to get in.

It's been pointed out that Nanami would have likely been bothered by Monomi if she even tried to sneak back in. True, Monomi would hardly be difficult to get past, even for Nanami, but she'd still waste time, which she wouldn't have had much of. I doubt that, if she was looking for an alibi, she would have chosen the one that's most likely to screw her over.

Nidai, well, Nidai had to take a poo poo. Badly. Unless he's a really good actor (which, though he probably has had to fake confidence for a team now and again, is still unlikely), I doubt he was lying. Trying to run around in the darkness and murder someone is hardly going to be fun in that condition. Besides, he isn't exactly the type to be slinking around under floorboards or tables, at least as far as his build goes.

Komaeda, though he did have excessive access to the cabin before the party, and the opportunity to see if there was any sort of trap door in the hall before it was covered by carpet, still isn't for certain our main suspect. He's already been shown to be taking this at a slow pace. Unless he's tricking us, he's not the type to freak out and murder first. That's more Souda's and Leon's area. Problem is, that's really the only evidence against him, at least that I'm seeing, as he could have set up a system to take out the lights.

Speaking of taking out the lights remotely, it's worth noting that, if she's not responsible for anything, Pekoyama probably would have tried to put them back on a few times and then tried to take a look around for who did it, luring her away to be knocked out and tossed in the bathroom. That theory is still iffy though, considering she's a SHSL Swordswoman, and probably has the reflexes needed to combat sneak attacks.

There's still more suspects, but I think I'll just stop here before I end up getting tired and typing something stupid (if I haven't already). Though, I'm going to point out one last thing- it's been speculated that this case will turn out to be easy, seeing as it's the first case. Keep in mind that this is a sequel, and could easily be working on the assumption, difficulty-wise, that all players have gone through the first game.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jeek posted:

Hanamura would have been quiet in hopes that he could find someone in the dark to cop a feel from. He ain't picky, so anyone would have worked.

I very much doubt that Hanamura is one who kicked off all the killing to come. First, he is heavily in denial about most of the situation. Second, he thinks he can get laid.

Now that someone is dead, sure, he could easily become a killer. But he didn't kill Togami.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

Hanamura would have been quiet in hopes that he could find someone in the dark to cop a feel from. He ain't picky, so anyone would have worked.
I was referring to the fan service scene after the lights are back on. On a related note, if he has been in the kitchen the whole time, he must have a pretty loud voice as the wall between the kitchen and the hall is quite thick.

quote:

I very much doubt that Hanamura is one who kicked off all the killing to come. First, he is heavily in denial about most of the situation. Second, he thinks he can get laid.

Now that someone is dead, sure, he could easily become a killer. But he didn't kill Togami.
That's true - I was counting on him being a murderer on the second case, but nobody can be trusted thanks to the darkness.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The fact that Nagito immediately suggested that he should check the storage room and send us out to the entrance makes me more interested in seeing what we'll find in the storage room.

If I was going to try and hide evidence of a crime, I'd try to make sure I was able to make it to the scene to change evidence before anybody can see it normally. It's even better if you can get to it before anybody else is aware that a crime has actually taken place, and thus they would probably not make the connection as easily.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Neeksy posted:

The fact that Nagito immediately suggested that he should check the storage room and send us out to the entrance makes me more interested in seeing what we'll find in the storage room.

If I was going to try and hide evidence of a crime, I'd try to make sure I was able to make it to the scene to change evidence before anybody can see it normally. It's even better if you can get to it before anybody else is aware that a crime has actually taken place, and thus they would probably not make the connection as easily.

In a way it's especially interesting because it's the only place in the lodge that's not otherwise somehow a point of interest to any character.

Chiaki is at the front entrance, Peko should have been in the office, somebody is in the washrooom and Nidai has been constantly checking whether they've come out, Hanamura has been going back and forth between the kitchen and the hall. Everyone else was supposed to be in the hall of the whole night. The storage room, though? It's only been relevant at all in that Nagito has said he didn't clean it.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
I don't even care so much about whodunit, I just want to see how this game handles the investigation and how ridiculous the trials are going to be :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Call me crazy but I don't think Togami is actually dead at this point. He may be heavily injured from being stabbed multiple times, but given the amount of body fat he has his vital organs may still be unharmed. This is not to say the he won't be put out of commission from this incident for some time; but I think that Togami's injury is designed to frame him for the murder of whoever is locked in the bathroom.

As for why I don't think Togami is dead I'm assuming that he was attacked from below with the missing skewer but something doesn't seem right about that setup.
  • There is not a lot of space under the cabin.
    (The Party Cabin)
    If someone was using the space under the cabin to move around they would have to do so by crouching or crawling. Unlike the cabins everyone sleeps in this cabin is sitting on the ground and looks to have maybe one to two feet of clearance underneath it. If someone was going to stab Togami from underneath they most likely did it lying on there back and thrust the skewer above them, either way they would be limited in movement.

• Gundam's Earring:
    (Pictured Here)
    Since this might not be a red herring I have to ask; was it a clip on earring or an actual piercing? I know he's giving off the whole punk vibe but Gundam strikes me as the kind of person who would be apprehensive about getting an actual piercing. (The man carries four small animals on his person for Pete's sake :D)
    The reason I ask is because we've been told that the floor planks are loose and have cracks in them but we don't know how large these cracks are.
    (Closeup of non-carpeted floor cracks)
    Gundam's earring doesn't seem too big and would probably fall through a crack less than 3/4 to maybe 1/2 an inch in width, but if the cracks that aren't covered by the carpet aren't much larger than that than we might have a problem because...

• The skewer as a murder weapon:
    (Togashi eating inspecting a meat skewer)
    I've never seen meat skewers that weren't being used for something like a backyard barbecue; but I would assume that meat skewers used for such large portions would be considerably thicker to compensate for the weight of the meat. Looking at Togashi we can see that the while the skewer has a thin point, the rest of the skewer get's progressively larger as you get to the handle.
    Depending on the diameter of the skewer at certain lengths you may only be able to push so much through before you encounter any resistance.

Not to mention that that skewer looks to be maybe 2' - 2.5' in length (Based on an estimated 3"-3.25" width of Togami's hand * 6-7 hand lengths to cover the length of the entire skewer) So the Skewer may be the same length as the space under the cabin. Plus Togami does not appear to have been pierced by the entire length of the skewer because there is no blood on his back.

Based on that I think the setup is something like this:
- Whoever attacked Togami managed to smuggle a skewer under the cabin before the party.
- Since the skewer is too long to be freely manipulated in the space under the cabin our would-be-killer is forced to grasp the skewer about halfway up the shaft in order to effectively thrust with it.
- Even doing this the skewer is thick enough that only a portion of that half-skewer can make it into the cabin.
-When the lights cut Togami dons the night vision goggles he prepared beforehand. (Being insanely prepared) And notices the possibly florescent tape under the table and begins to investigate and gets on his hands and knees to investigate further.
(I would like to point out that we don't know if the knife has been taped to the underside of the table the entire party or was moved there from the murder scene. Also, how long has the blood been on it?)
- Our killer sees Togami investigating under the table and stabs through catching Togami off guard.
- Togami bleeding heavily and possibly in shock faints some time before anyone notices he is gone.

I think the knife was used in the actual murder and Togami simply stumbled upon it while using the night vision goggles to ensure his and everyone else's survival during the blackout. Whoever is in the bathroom (my money is on Pekoyama) is probably dead. Togami might be framed for there murder, but there is a third party at work here.

Myrrar
Nov 6, 2009
If I'm not mistaken, Kuzuryuu was at least informed of the party, correct? So he was aware that it was going on.

We assume that Togami was the one with the night vision goggles, but what if he wasn't? What if both the knife and the goggles were placed beneath the table as a security measure, just in case something happened? The lights somehow go out, and Togami crawls under the table to obtain the goggles and knife. Our killer is there, or under the floorboards having already known about the presence of these items from earlier, and stabs Togami with the skewer. This could potentially explain the odd position of the night vision goggles in relation to the body, since it does not look like Togami had actually been wearing them.

As for how the killer knew about the items, I assume that there must be a way under the floorboards. They did make a point to mention how there were many gaps in the floorboards, so somebody hiding down there could see up from a crawlspace below.

I don't know if many people mentioned this yet, but looking back there was also a *beep beep* right before the lights went out. Togami even mentioned something like "Hey, what was that sound just now?" before everything went black. Perhaps there was some sort of remote device that disabled the power, giving the killer time to work? He/she knew that someone would go for the goggles/knife and waited with the skewer.

All that being said, couldn't Kuzuryuu have checked out the cabin, discovered a pathway from the bathroom or something like that, locked himself inside, and waited?

Vexrm
Feb 2, 2009

Full of hot raspberry jam blooded passion.
The knife bugs me right now. We had a full list of everything in the kitchen and all the knives were accounted for and locked away. I'm sure the answer is going to be something along the lines of "I got it at the supermarket!", but right now, it just bugs.

Every one thinking there's a double murder because of the bathroom? I don't think that's likely. It was said that the door was locked even before the party started. All but gangster were around at that point. So, who is in the bathroom? Either gangster, monobear, or a surprise we don't know of. I'm willing to bet Monobear. "Oh, you are going to eat way too much and be miserable and need the toilet but I'm on it" sounds like something he'd do for despair.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Vexrm posted:

It was said that the door was locked even before the party started. All but gangster were around at that point.

You know, the one thing I wish people will stop doing in this thread is write vague memories as facts in their theories instead of checking the text. No one said that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

orenronen posted:

You know, the one thing I wish people will stop doing in this thread is write vague memories as facts in their theories instead of checking the text. No one said that.

I might have time for this later today, because I did it for Case 3 in the first thread, but I think it'd be useful to have a table of contents somewhere. Not in the OP, per se, but something like:

Prologue
Update 1 - Where Hinata enters Hope's Peak Academy, meets the cast briefly, and Monomi arrives on scene.
Update 2 - Where we meet Monomi and she reveals the students are actually on a tropical island.
etc.

Something like this is not appropriate for the OP (since it contains sorta spoilers), so I'm not sure where it could go.

But my reasoning is that right now, it's a little tricky to hunt down text given only update numbers. I just don't know where I'd put it.

• Locked thread