Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Heresiarch posted:

destroy all "geek culture" and kill everyone involved including ourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Heresiarch posted:

i understand that this is why mark hamil appears in so many terrible, terrible movies, he invested his own money into the first star wars film, is stupid rich, and can now basically troll the entire film industry by attaching his name recognition to stupid poo poo

mark hamil is also the voice of the joker (and totally owns at it unironically)

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Shaggar posted:

#SWAGgar

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Shaggar posted:

hes probably fine financially and just bored. he also gets paid to show up as wil wheaton which sounds like a decent gig

yeah and since he's not a chick he can show up to those thing swithout needing to worry about some greasy nerdlinger pawing at him too

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

apparently a bunch of goons kickstarted that banner saga game which is a f2p game with heavy microtransactions, which is pretty funny

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Al! posted:

apparently a bunch of goons kickstarted that banner saga game which is a f2p game with heavy microtransactions, which is pretty funny

"But wait, what about that sprawling, vaguely Biowarian single-player epic you paid for? Well, the former Biowarers (sp?) at Stoic are calling Factions a necessary first step."

glad I skipped out on that one

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I kicksharted some card game and they send out a long-winded update email every single day

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

he does loads of voice work for games too, including this, the greatest game ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PktBJ6HpNJQ

(he's the obvious villain sidekick of the old dude)

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Heresiarch posted:

i understand that this is why mark hamil appears in so many terrible, terrible movies, he invested his own money into the first star wars film, is stupid rich, and can now basically troll the entire film industry by attaching his name recognition to stupid poo poo

lol no

mark hamill is a legit nerd, and loves nerd poo poo, and he's fuckoff rich, so he just does nerd projects that he has fun doing and doesn't give a gently caress whether it makes a profit or not

he's not trolling, he's legitimately a huge nerd

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
holy poo poo, this is the worst thing i've ever seen funded:pwn:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

these people just kickstarted 800 grand for a hot glue gun

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

at least they already have units ready to ship and the kickstarter is for mass production

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i think it's a neat thing that i would have played with as a kid but goddamn that raised a poo poo ton of money in no time flat. judging by their initial goal i have to imagine the dudes running the kickstarter are furiously masturbating

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
i think its a neat toy for $75?

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

spongeh posted:

i think its a neat toy for $75?

lol get a load of this doodle dandy over here

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

peepsalot posted:

lol get a load of this doodle dandy over here

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

peepsalot posted:

get a load of this doodle

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

peepsalot posted:

get a load of this doodle in your dandy

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1235303694/joystick-gamebar

apparently it's doing well tho?? idk

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

lol i just realized they're mixing laphroaig into a cocktail

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

jooky posted:

lol i just realized they're mixing laphroaig into a cocktail

:staredog:

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

@ 1:14

is there a crying scottish flag smilie

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

jooky posted:

@ 1:14

is there a crying scottish flag smilie

:scotland:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

why do people think they can throw a few MAME cabs into a lovely bar and then bathe in money?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sweevo posted:

why do people think they can throw a few MAME cabs into a lovely bar and then bathe in money?

why do people think they can open a bar in a metropolitan area for $7,500?

edit: looks like these dudes are committing the most common kickstarter mistake, promising too good swag at too low levels, even if engraved flasks cost $10 each it's still going to cost $3-4 to mail them oh hey there goes $30% of your money

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

why do people think they should mix top shelf scotch into some simple syrup fruit juice disaster

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

polpotpi posted:

why do people think they should mix top shelf scotch into some simple syrup fruit juice disaster

most nerds have the palette of an 8 year old

sports
Sep 1, 2012
wow i made the 3doodler just now by taking an extruder replacing the heating element with a soldering gun

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sweevo posted:

because yahtzee did it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

RZApublican posted:

because yahtzee did it

that bar isn't closed yet? i looked it up on wikipedia, no news since 2010

also there's a loving wikipedia article about the loving mana loving bar gently caress

posted this in the wikipedia thread so that stalker guy that fixes all the cool poo poo we find does something about it:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
i live in the city with the first mana bar and i've only been once (was out with friends and one felt like playing streetfighter and i was already really drunk so didn't say no :blush:) but surprise surprise it's really horrible

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
yahtzee wasn't there though so i didn't get to glass the oval office

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
barcade in brooklyn is fun i got the high score on q*bert when i went :shobon:

but yeah most of the time when you combine nerd poo poo with cool poo poo it is somehow worst than nerd poo poo alone

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
also mana bar closes at midnight because gamers are literally children and it's past their bedtime

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

mods namechange posted:

also mana bar closes at midnight because gamers are literally children and it's past their bedtime

how the gently caress can a bar that closes at midnight stay in business

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the absolute most nerd poo poo allowed in a bar is putting bideo games in the tables

nothing else

no drinks named after mario enemies, dont put meme poo poo on the walls, no catchphrases on the menu. goddamn.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Cold on a Cob posted:

barcade in brooklyn is fun i got the high score on q*bert when i went :shobon:

but yeah most of the time when you combine nerd poo poo with cool poo poo it is somehow worst than nerd poo poo alone

there's a barcade in philly and it's actually p sweet but they needed more/different machines and at least one pinball table dammit

also both paperboy and tron were broken but then again i guess that's the authentic arcade experience

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the only places worth going look like poo poo and have second hand furniture and he paint is peeling off and cheap booze and you can smoke inside and nobody gives af uck about anything

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

TOOT BOOT posted:

how the gently caress can a bar that closes at midnight stay in business
bideojames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Carthag posted:

the absolute most nerd poo poo allowed in a bar is putting bideo games in the tables

nothing else

no drinks named after mario enemies, dont put meme poo poo on the walls, no catchphrases on the menu. goddamn.

ground kontrol was cooler when it was a fuckin hole in the wall that sold lovely nes tapes

• Locked thread