Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gang control
Nov 1, 2007
what a thing to say at the table

Hollow Hills posted:

So cool, all the bags I put in the guild bank were taken within 30 minutes and only 4 unique people were online, despite my enchanter not being able to take anything out, and now there's two on the AH despite me being the only one who's sold them in the last week (I was the guy selling them for 1 mil) so it had to be an officer.

I'm done. Anybody who wants something directly send me a tell.

Cold-blooded. At least that narrows down the culprit list a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Hollow Hills posted:

So cool, all the bags I put in the guild bank were taken within 30 minutes and only 4 unique people were online, despite my enchanter not being able to take anything out, and now there's two on the AH despite me being the only one who's sold them in the last week (I was the guy selling them for 1 mil) so it had to be an officer.

Just curious, how did you you deposit them? Did you just throw the item in then leave it or file it? This makes a difference as afaik anyone can yank stuff out of the stuff waiting to be sorted.

Not that this isn't wrong and I'll investigate the situation with officers later but if it was just left it could be taken by anyone. Filed and it would be officer only. Or at least that's how I think it works but I'm not 100% sure with permissions. Either way, gently caress the bank give us a goddamn log and this wouldn't even be an issues. :argh:

edit: its a mechanic of the bank, someone (an officer) has to put it in the bank first before it shows up from deposits, landrice has it under control.

Stanos fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 20, 2013

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Isn't Roost not all goons? I thought it was originally a pubby guild with some goons friends, and then became the defacto goon guild? So while it's still sociopathic behavior, it's not necessarily someone who reads this thread at all.

And in case the thread is the place for it, could I get 1 or 2 of the big bags sent to Devoree? Figure the thread method is the best way to keep to 1-2 "per person".

Edit: I was able to find a set of Immaculate Silk on FV for a reasonable price, so I can make sets of the 80 Abstruse armor for Silk, Chain, and Plate classes now. Just post in this thread the name of who to send it to, and the class (specific class, e.g. "warrior" not just plate, since it's class-specific).

Hollow - still need a set of mage abstruse for Kingdoms?

Devor fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 20, 2013

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I don't need mage gear anymore but thanks. I got him to 85 with almost 3k AA's by PLing him and seriously quit within 20 minutes of actually trying to play him. I hate pet classes and have no idea how I forgot about it.

I'll send you 8 or so when I can copy some more, I only cared about individual people getting a few at first before people started grabbing for their boxed characters but at this point I don't give a poo poo anymore.

When I deposited them I set them up where they couldn't be taken out by anybody but an officer (assuming nobody else can above Cold Sore) by checking with my enchanter who couldn't withdraw them.

Hollow Hills fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 20, 2013

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'll throw a request in for a few of the 28 slot bags. I'm one of those people who loots EVERYTHING, so space is always an issue. If you could send one or two to Knicks, I'd be eternally grateful.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Hollow Hills posted:

So, who was on?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Let's not let this incident discourage us from playing. Just don't put anything in the guild bank at all, and people can request in guild chat if they need something. Much better way, IMO.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
That's really a shame, but hopefully the seller can be found out. There were some things in the guild bank I had my eye on for when my SK and shaman hit 80. I'm kind of anti-social when I'm online (Zafty, Xafty, Andydufresne) because it's hard to box and pay attention to guild chat. Anyways, I appreciate the set of armor Devor. Now I just need to get 3 more levels to use it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Devor posted:

Isn't Roost not all goons? I thought it was originally a pubby guild with some goons friends, and then became the defacto goon guild? So while it's still sociopathic behavior, it's not necessarily someone who reads this thread at all.

And in case the thread is the place for it, could I get 1 or 2 of the big bags sent to Devoree? Figure the thread method is the best way to keep to 1-2 "per person".

Edit: I was able to find a set of Immaculate Silk on FV for a reasonable price, so I can make sets of the 80 Abstruse armor for Silk, Chain, and Plate classes now. Just post in this thread the name of who to send it to, and the class (specific class, e.g. "warrior" not just plate, since it's class-specific).

Hollow - still need a set of mage abstruse for Kingdoms?

You have been so generous Devor; I wish that I had something on FV to give you to help contribute to the glorious Goonish cause of infinite replication.

If I may ask, I would just like it if someone could send 1 (and just one) 28-slot bag to Syphir, as he is my bard and has a huge amount of click items that I like to carry around. I actually do not loot practically anything since I got to Test as cash does not mean much here, but that would be very handy for him. I would also like a 32-slot Tradeskill bag for my druid, but those can be acquired very easily on the Bazaar.

I am also looking for a Jaundiced Bone Bracer for my baby shaman if anyone has one that they can copy. Also, and this is ambitious, but I also would like the gnome illusion mask for my bard, as that is droppable as well. Sadly, those only dropped in ST before Sleeper was awakened, so they are no doubt few and far between. I am on an illusion mask kick right now, especially for the items that make you look like other playable races. My bard has Iksar, Dark Elf, Barbarian, Vah Shir, Erudite, Dwarf and, as of last night, Half-Elf. I am working on the Halfling, High Elf, and Wood Elf items right now... and I am starting to hate Chardok. :sassargh:

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Hollow Hills posted:

This is Tapp, let me know who was online. There are a few non-officers with withdraw permissions from the bank, but I'm not sure how it works if it's in the general area where the items haven't been promoted yet. Guess I'll have to just make it officers only. :effort: Also, I AFK merc almost 24/7 on Tapp/App and my wife's wizard, so tells are going to a black hole if it's not primetime EST.

edit: I can almost guarantee you it wasn't a Dr. Mario (Hiltons are the alts), as every one of us have retardo amounts of plat from duping. I suppose there's the outside chance that someone gets a high from selling items for plat even if they're already megaduperich.

edit2: Anybody can withdraw from the bottom area apparently regardless of permissions. Who are you in game? A few people have item promote powers to put into the actual bank.

revenance fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 21, 2013

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

Devor posted:

It was originally me, Stanos, my wife, and my ho (Kodaji). We've had open invites with the barest attention paid to if someone's a goon because we couldn't be bothered to sit in POK and invite someone and 10 of his alts, so authentication involved "goon, yes?" and that was that. Unfortunately, that open invite policy clashed with the open bank policy, so something had to give.

As others have stated, nobody gives a flying gently caress if you take poo poo to use. That is exactly why items are being copied over. It is the one or two cockmunches who can't seem to grasp that they can literally have millions of plat showered upon them if they weren't antisocial shitlords and just loving asked. So now we have to resort to this.

That said, let me know if you have been contributing items and would like promote/withdraw powers, since we now have to care.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Just so everybody's aware since it's still being discussed, none of the officers/people with permissions ganked those bags, the permissions on the bank were just a little wonky and prevented people from seeing that they were actually in there. Lockdown seems to be working fine aside from causing us extra work :v:

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

JustJeff88 posted:

I am also looking for a Jaundiced Bone Bracer for my baby shaman if anyone has one that they can copy.
I have a JBB you can have, from an ancient shaman from live. I also have a stash of some pretty decent (in 2002 at least) shaman twink gear if you need. I'm Zliz + boxes.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pilsner posted:

I have a JBB you can have, from an ancient shaman from live. I also have a stash of some pretty decent (in 2002 at least) shaman twink gear if you need. I'm Zliz + boxes.

Tusind tak, Zliz - you are a treasure. This shaman has some pretty decent twinkage, but I can always see what you have and I will send things back when I am done with them or do not use them. I do not miss much from early EQ, but I do miss the days when not everything attuned all the time.

Also, if I can bring it up here, they tell me that one of your toons is a GM tailor. I have the kit to make a cloak (322 trivial) for the Wood Elf illusion crown quest; could you do the assembly for me?

I was going to go camp the JBB, but after camping the Half-Elf and Halfling illusion masks, I am all out of camp. :gay:

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Sent 4 bags each to Devoree and Knicks.

Maybe I'm alone but I think the guild could use a box straightening by requiring you to fill in on the notes who your main is.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Hollow Hills posted:

If you are referring to 28-slot bags, could you send one to Syphir on Test? Just one would be plenty for all of his various click items.

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Sent 3 to Syphir

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

Sent 3 to Syphir

I'd like to do a request for some sexy 28 slotters. Integ is my main toon.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Hollow Hills posted:

Maybe I'm alone but I think the guild could use a box straightening by requiring you to fill in on the notes who your main is.

Is there some way for me to do this? I added my alt to the guild and wanted to put the note in but couldn't figure out how.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Is there some way for me to do this? I added my alt to the guild and wanted to put the note in but couldn't figure out how.

IIRC the people able to add notes are the officers.

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It'll take someone who's been around longer than me to do it though, I don't know enough people's boxes to get it right.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm pretty sure the Guild Leader can adjust member priveleges to allow anyone to add notes.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

Medullah posted:

I'm pretty sure the Guild Leader can adjust member priveleges to allow anyone to add notes.

Unless I'm not seeing something, public notes editing is all or none and there's no "edit self" only option, so that won't be happening since we still have shitbags in guild.

Hollow Hills posted:

:effort:

Pointless unless a mass purge happens since there was no SA username verification. Which may happen at this rate.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Finally got my 85 Shaman moved over to another account.

Now I never have to talk to you fuckers again, I mean...

Anyway, any tips on boxing? I can't remember the last time I did it.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
A shaman can probably be run at 80% efficiency on 3 macros. One for your dots, one to debuff the mob, and one for 'oh poo poo' popping cooldowns. Ask Kodaji, he's got half his boxes macro'd down.

Also we (sort of) found a replacement for the Direwind Express. But that'll never return again sadly. RIP 40%+ xp a burn. :(

Stanos fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 22, 2013

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

revenance posted:

Pointless unless a mass purge happens since there was no SA username verification. Which may happen at this rate.

I don't mean who on the forums is who in game, I mean who each character's main is. Right now half the guild stays /anon with each person playing 2-4 characters so we have no idea who's who.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

Hollow Hills posted:

I don't mean who on the forums is who in game, I mean who each character's main is. Right now half the guild stays /anon with each person playing 2-4 characters so we have no idea who's who.

And I was saying knowing who someone's "main" is doesn't help because you're relying on people to self-identify honestly in a guild where anyone can invite anyone and most people are anonymous.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
I used to be able to play this at work and I've been getting that urge again lately. It let me download and patch completely, but every time I go to actually play it stops me at the login screen and tells me that there is a connection problem/possible maintenance going on or something. Poor me :(

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

revenance posted:

And I was saying knowing who someone's "main" is doesn't help because you're relying on people to self-identify honestly in a guild where anyone can invite anyone and most people are anonymous.

It helps in what I was thinking, I didn't mean it was a deterrent to any loot nonsense, I meant it in a way that there are multiple people in the guild who come on looking for groups and ask in guildchat and are ignored but there's 10+ people on who are actually just 2-3 people, or getting people asking if so and so is on in any form, etc.

It's not some registry of people to prevent theft, I guess I just made it sound like that because I was just bitching about that previously. Just an easier way of knowing who you're talking to / who's really online.

Integ your backpacks are about to be sent. Takes me like an hour to copy them all with one original ughhhh

Hollow Hills fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 22, 2013

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

ukrainius maximus posted:

I used to be able to play this at work and I've been getting that urge again lately. It let me download and patch completely, but every time I go to actually play it stops me at the login screen and tells me that there is a connection problem/possible maintenance going on or something. Poor me :(

Think my work blocks the ports for access to MMOs too :saddowns:

Velvis
Aug 18, 2005

Corn tastes good.

Hollow Hills posted:

It helps in what I was thinking, I didn't mean it was a deterrent to any loot nonsense, I meant it in a way that there are multiple people in the guild who come on looking for groups and ask in guildchat and are ignored but there's 10+ people on who are actually just 2-3 people, or getting people asking if so and so is on in any form, etc.

It's not some registry of people to prevent theft, I guess I just made it sound like that because I was just bitching about that previously. Just an easier way of knowing who you're talking to / who's really online.

Integ your backpacks are about to be sent. Takes me like an hour to copy them all with one original ughhhh

I actually tagged my own like this last night but I ended up removing it. I've gotten tells on one of my boxed toons but missed it because he was just leeching xp from me. For the record tho, I'm Zebiss, Yasemin, and Kurba. Noreh is mine as well but rarely logged in because monk.

VenimeuxHaine
Mar 22, 2012
I could use a bigger bag on my main Navrant. Also, If anyone has a pair of extra Abstruse Gloves for a sk I would appreciate them. I somehow lost the pair I thought I had.

Does anyone need a circlet of shadow (the .1 second casting version). I also can copy over a hammer of greatness and a jumping axe if needed.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Velvis posted:

I actually tagged my own like this last night but I ended up removing it. I've gotten tells on one of my boxed toons but missed it because he was just leeching xp from me. For the record tho, I'm Zebiss, Yasemin, and Kurba. Noreh is mine as well but rarely logged in because monk.

Yeah for a pseudo-verification I'm on as Acuity/Chadman/Yoricc and my alt Moutth.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

my effing hero. thanks man.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Stanos posted:

A shaman can probably be run at 80% efficiency on 3 macros. One for your dots, one to debuff the mob, and one for 'oh poo poo' popping cooldowns. Ask Kodaji, he's got half his boxes macro'd down.

Also we (sort of) found a replacement for the Direwind Express. But that'll never return again sadly. RIP 40%+ xp a burn. :(

More like 95% efficiency.

Shaman macros: 1) Counterbias, Lion, Feralize(was Malo but mage does that now)
2) Fast dots
Shift + 2) All dots
3) Hit Kodaji with apathy and growth
4, 6-8) Oh poo poo heals
9) Burn stuff (in conjunction with all the other boxes)

Mage: 1) Malo, pet attack, bigass DS on Kodaji
2) Ruinous + nukes
9) Army + twincast + other bigass DS

Wiz: 1) Brainfreeze, Havok
2) Force of will + Ethereals
9) All the burn poo poo + Twincast

Bard: 1)Autoattack + melody
2) AE mez melody
9) Burn poo poo
0) Stopsong + Selos (before each pull)

Once I have the bard facing the corner I pull everything into, I pretty much never have to swap to anyone ever unless something REALLY crazy happens.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, since lockdown, the bank has started to accrue cool poo poo again. It's also starting to fill completely up with cool poo poo, so you guys start asking for that cool poo poo. You cannot have 5 of something for every one of your boxes, but anyone can have 1 of something, so you guys start asking for stuff. The worst that can happen is we tell you no, you cannot have all 7 fear touched tunics, but you can have 1 tunic.

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 22, 2013

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Hollow Hills posted:

Jesus, I didn't realize that you were copying over 1 live backpack multiple times per night to get these. That's a ton of hassle - my limit is one or two testcopies per session. You are a stronger man than I.

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I took all the tunics for characters I Pl'd then deleted, sorry.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

I took all the tunics for characters I Pl'd then deleted, sorry.

You're sure you didn't take them and sell them on the Baz?!? Hmmm?!??

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Stanos posted:

Where was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon!
Dec 10, 2003

The fierce urgency of now

MrTheDevious posted:

More like 95% efficiency.

Shaman macros: 1) Counterbias, Lion, Feralize(was Malo but mage does that now)
2) Fast dots
Shift + 2) All dots
3) Hit Kodaji with apathy and growth
4, 6-8) Oh poo poo heals
9) Burn stuff (in conjunction with all the other boxes)

Mage: 1) Malo, pet attack, bigass DS on Kodaji
2) Ruinous + nukes
9) Army + twincast + other bigass DS

Wiz: 1) Brainfreeze, Havok
2) Force of will + Ethereals
9) All the burn poo poo + Twincast

Bard: 1)Autoattack + melody
2) AE mez melody
9) Burn poo poo
0) Stopsong + Selos (before each pull)

Once I have the bard facing the corner I pull everything into, I pretty much never have to swap to anyone ever unless something REALLY crazy happens.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, since lockdown, the bank has started to accrue cool poo poo again. It's also starting to fill completely up with cool poo poo, so you guys start asking for that cool poo poo. You cannot have 5 of something for every one of your boxes, but anyone can have 1 of something, so you guys start asking for stuff. The worst that can happen is we tell you no, you cannot have all 7 fear touched tunics, but you can have 1 tunic.

I assume by macros you mean "isboxer macros". Can you use that to set up autoattack? My poopsock box group is : 1 bard (tolapumjj) 1 monk and 1 shaman. I don't use isboxer; I just pull w/ quill, the merc tank picks it up, i start auto attacking + singing on bard, I pet attack and lion on shm, then I focus on maximizing DPS w/ monk for the duration of the group.

Could I get better at that with Isboxer? Could i not have to constantly alt tab around?