Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Machinae posted:

There are two videos despite my best efforts that I can't seem to find, and I don't think they were in this thread yet. One was a GTA4 (I think) video with Kim Jong Il or something in a car flying around saying 'hello' over and over. The other was a Skyrim video of an animal corpse that I think the guy Fus Ro Dahs and it flies up into the clouds with some chintzy music playing and flies back around a couple times. For the life of me I cannot find them on youtube or google please help. :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TjWfUwf1LA ?
Found by youtubing skyrim duck tales moon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Poniard posted:

My coop partner in Saint's Row lost connection, so I died multiple times to the unknown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFcpUFLmQCY

What music is that?

Cubone posted:

Is that a parody of Crysis Frog Space Adventures?

Machinae
Aug 15, 2004

Cubone posted:

Yesssssss thank you both. I swear I tried every combination of words I could think of for these two every couple of days.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
A crosspost from the GIFs thread, some GTA IV glitches found by Ben Buja:

(source)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I also found this while play ME3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-FEZD-_4eo

I wish I had recorded it for longer, actually.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

RatHat posted:

What music is that?

It's Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield (also known as The Exorcist Theme), but it's not the original. I don't know what version it is, but it's definitely Tubular Bells.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think it is the original version, actually, from the original album Mike Oldfield made when he was 19. The version in The Exorcist is a re-recording.

This one is about a semitone higher, but it's the same song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LEWkwvaNcs

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I also found this while play ME3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-FEZD-_4eo

I wish I had recorded it for longer, actually.

I think literally everyone got that glitch.

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
I managed to break the Fallout New Vegas tutorial encounter where you shoot the geckos attacking the woman by the well, and while checking around trying to fix it I noticed something wrong with Cheyenne:

Naturally, I killed the foul beast.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Her mother was a flatfish.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I get that with Rex occasionally too.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
When you pull this guy out of the water it is supposed to trigger a cut scene where he walks up the beach and croaks. You can prolong his life, and your game, by picking him up just as it starts. The game waits for him to make it to the end of his walking path for the scene to end, so you are "soft locked." forced to either watch this happen forever or reset, losing your progress.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
From one of the Fifa games:

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

redmercer posted:

Ta-Daaaaah!

Hah, it's like that snazzy magic trick where you pull the tablecloth out from under the dishes real quick and they just stay there on the table.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
Ben Buja has put up another video of "bloopers, glitches and silly stuff," this one for Just Cause 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4EYztgGvSU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

They cram a lot of people into those JC2 games :stare:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
JC2 had multiplayer?! How did I never know this? My god, I need to convince some friends to buy this now.

E: VVV Oh. Does it work with Steam?

Waldorf Sixpence has a new favorite as of 10:19 on Feb 21, 2013

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

JC2 had multiplayer?! How did I never know this? My god, I need to convince some friends to buy this now.

It's a mod.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

E: VVV Oh. Does it work with Steam?

Yup: https://www.jc-mp.com/

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

For as long as they've been working on this I only seem to check their website after they've done a test weekend. It's high time I just follow them on twitter so I know when to play.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Just bookmark the Just Cause 2 thread in Games. If it gets more than one post a week, chances are good a new weekend just got announced.

tzorilla
Jul 23, 2007
I met this fine lady in New Vegas:

And I managed to clone Louis (count the legs):

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Did anyone ever figure out why Louis Letrush specifically is so much more prone to glitches than any other named NPC?

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

tzorilla posted:

And I managed to clone Louis (count the legs):

Louis Letrush is probably the single most bugged NPC in video game history, and I love him for it. Him and his shenanigans are just littered around various threads on this forum, messing with people's Skyrim playthroughs like some kind of hosed up glitch spectre.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

gooby on rails posted:

Did anyone ever figure out why Louis Letrush specifically is so much more prone to glitches than any other named NPC?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember reading that it has to do with the fact that there are actually THREE different Louis Letrush NPCs, which they used as the various ways to resolve his questline. In my case, he tried to kill me when I returned his horse but he was flagged as essential so I couldn't just kill him and when I tried to calm him down via the console he just got all pissed off that I was trying to return his horse.

Generally speaking, they flagged way, WAY too many NPCs as essential. It seems they were deathly afraid you might fail a quest

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

redmercer posted:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember reading that it has to do with the fact that there are actually THREE different Louis Letrush NPCs, which they used as the various ways to resolve his questline. In my case, he tried to kill me when I returned his horse but he was flagged as essential so I couldn't just kill him and when I tried to calm him down via the console he just got all pissed off that I was trying to return his horse.

Generally speaking, they flagged way, WAY too many NPCs as essential. It seems they were deathly afraid you might fail a quest

I kind of miss the days of Morrowind, where even if you killed someone vital to the main quest, there was still had a different way to do it. I'd imagine they don't have it the same way because of all the voice acting and scripting making it harder to have that much alternate ways to do things.

Kind Milkman
Sep 3, 2011

Indeed.

Enter Char posted:

I kind of miss the days of Morrowind, where even if you killed someone vital to the main quest, there was still had a different way to do it. I'd imagine they don't have it the same way because of all the voice acting and scripting making it harder to have that much alternate ways to do things.

Morrowind also gave you a message about breaking the prophecy if you killed someone that broke the main quest.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
There's a lesson you learn very quickly upon playing a laggy game of Halo 4 matchmaking: never use the Ghost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE9J6_1HXn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMZ60cHCugk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8qtUsCnx4s

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

redmercer posted:

There's quest in Dawnguard where you have to go kill someone in a random city, in public. There's a bonus objective if they're a high profile target. Trying to find someone who was high profile and not essential proved to be quite difficult.

Also for bonus annoyance, it had to be outside so basically the entirety of the Jarl's court is off limits since they never leave the palace.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

tzorilla posted:

I met this fine lady in New Vegas:

I think I met her trans-dimensional cousin

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
HelixSnake tries to take a taxi in GTA IV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VCJKiN2SmA

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Kind Milkman posted:

Morrowind also gave you a message about breaking the prophecy if you killed someone that broke the main quest.

Bit it didn't necessarily ruin the main quest either, as long as you didn't kill the Fyr guy, you could still do a workaround quest to finish the game.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Kind Milkman posted:

Imagine my surprise when I got that message after stealth ganking some freaky, Mojo-from-XMen-looking mother fucker in what I thought was a random dungeon I had wandered into.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

redmercer posted:

Sometimes Louis is killable, sometimes not. I guess it just depends on which version of him you get. The weird thing is a lot of quest-related NPCs aren't marked as essential, while some "background" NPCs that do basically nothing are. For example there's some guy in Windhelm whose only real purpose is to stand around saying racist poo poo about dark elves and brawl with you once for 200 gold. But you can't kill him. :psyduck:

This was also a problem when I got the Dawnguard DLC. Bethesda decided it was a good idea to make most merchants non-essential and place them merchants next to the front gates of cities. Which also just happens to be the spot where random vampire attacks spawn. The only way to avoid it is to side with the vampires, which is just annoying.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

redmercer posted:

I dunno if this is that they're worried that the player might kill NPCs who are important to THEIR ARTISTIC VISION so much as it is, "we'd better make all the quest-relevant NPCs invincible because what if the player brushes a fruit stand in Whiterun and accidentally railguns an apple into a Jarl?"

Fur20 has a new favorite as of 09:32 on Feb 24, 2013

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

I dunno if this is that they're worried that the player might kill NPCs who are important to THEIR ARTISTIC VISION

I wouldn't mind that much even if that really was their intent. I'm all for increased player agency but while I remember being really annoyed that I couldn't kill the Thieves Guild members, I was eventually really glad of it after begrudgingly playing through their awesome questline. Either way, I guess it's entirely up to trust in their established record, for good or ill.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Enter Char posted:

Bit it didn't necessarily ruin the main quest either, as long as you didn't kill the Fyr guy, you could still do a workaround quest to finish the game.

You can't win it if you kill Yagrum Bagarn either; you need him to either translate the books or to fix the Dwemer Artifact you get if you kill Vivec instead of talking to him to get Wraithguard. Also if you kill YB then Divayth Fyr will be too pissed off at you to cure your corprus, dead or alive.

Can you still beat it if you kill one of the Ashlander wise women/chiefs before you're named their leader?

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Sex Hobbit posted:

You can't win it if you kill Yagrum Bagarn either; you need him to either translate the books or to fix the Dwemer Artifact you get if you kill Vivec instead of talking to him to get Wraithguard. Also if you kill YB then Divayth Fyr will be too pissed off at you to cure your corprus, dead or alive.

Can you still beat it if you kill one of the Ashlander wise women/chiefs before you're named their leader?

You can beat the game without obtaining the Wraithguard at all, it's just pretty tricky without some most likely unintended exploits.

Edit: The fact that you could break Morrowind over your knee and become some sort of magic god was part of its charm, in my opinion.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Tykero posted:

Edit: The fact that you could break Morrowind over your knee and become some sort of magic god was part of its charm, in my opinion.
This, a thousand times. I wish more games had the courage to give you the freedom to break it. Tricks like sniping The End while he's in his wheelchair so he's not a boss later, making the dangerous "reverse path" run to Darkroot basin via the Valley of the Drakes in :darksouls: or juicing your way to being a demigod for ten seconds in Morrowind... that's what I want more of in single-player games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

NaturalLow posted:

Sometimes Louis is killable, sometimes not. I guess it just depends on which version of him you get. The weird thing is a lot of quest-related NPCs aren't marked as essential, while some "background" NPCs that do basically nothing are. For example there's some guy in Windhelm whose only real purpose is to stand around saying racist poo poo about dark elves and brawl with you once for 200 gold. But you can't kill him. :psyduck:

This was also a problem when I got the Dawnguard DLC. Bethesda decided it was a good idea to make most merchants non-essential and place them merchants next to the front gates of cities. Which also just happens to be the spot where random vampire attacks spawn. The only way to avoid it is to side with the vampires, which is just annoying.

If you side with the vampires then the Dawnguard will show up and attack you, which will cause everyone to be hostile towards them, so it's basically the same thing on the other side.

Also random vampire attacks still happen even if you're a vampire.