Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Is the main guild still full? I can't tell when I apply...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Just apply and be sure to mention you're a goon and someone will make room eventually.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
You are all forgetting the atlas! Being able to teleport to any town for free without any cooldown is insane, let's you save a ton of space on scrolls and the new faction dailies are basically made to encourage atlas use. No broker fee quickly adds up also, and let's you put stuff up at higher prices without worrying about eating the fee.

e: But yeah, even if you only play on the weekends or something I'd probably still recommend elite for fresh 60s. It really helps getting reputation quickly to get the faction jewelry, and will feed your starting gear funds without having to actually run anything.

vvvv: I think they made it so you can transfer it between chars, but you only have one to use. Initially it was BoP, but I'm pretty sure they changed it already.

Eigo fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 22, 2013

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Eigo posted:

You are all forgetting the atlas! Being able to teleport to any town for free without any cooldown is insane, let's you save a ton of space on scrolls and the new faction dailies are basically made to encourage atlas use. No broker fee quickly adds up also, and let's you put stuff up at higher prices without worrying about eating the fee.
I haven't used the atlas yet, is it "per account" or do you only get one bound to one character?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

You only get one, but you can put it in your bank to share with your other characters.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I haven't used the atlas yet, is it "per account" or do you only get one bound to one character?

A little of both. You get one bound to your account, and you can swap it around through the bank. So any of your characters can use it, but it's mildly inconvenient to bank it and withdraw it if you swap characters a lot. Why they didn't just put it on the elite bar as an ability like the elite mount, I have no idea.

I've got another few weeks of elite status left since I bought the game, with one month of sub time, just before the F2P switch. I'm kind of waffling on whether or not to pay for another month. I don't even have a 60 yet, so I'm not even seeing most of the benefits. But that atlas is great, the boosters are great, and seeing no charge every time I want to drop something on the trade broker is really great.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Tensei posted:

I've had it since it was available and I really can't see myself playing without it. The daily 1 hour XP boost is nice for the level 52-58 grind, but once you hit 60, Elite status gives you ~2000 gold for your daily quests, while you can only make about ~500 without it. Prices on the trade broker have increased correspondingly, so everything is twice as expensive as before the game went F2P, and you'd have to do a ton of grinding to get decent gear without elite status.

Is it really? Because prices for enchant fodder have tanked in the AH, to the point that all the blues I go to list are selling for less than vendor trashing them. This is at 59, so it's not lumbertown junk. Still, 6k in the bank should give me a start - and I haven't sold off the tawny pack toys because I can't decide if I want to keep the mount or not yet. I figure 'waiting for the price to keep going up' is a good plan.

If they re-price the 7-day atlas so it's less than $30/month I'll look into getting it. If they make elite chronoscrolls I'll probably end up buying them, though.

Hint for new players: Keep a stack of 50 of each gathering thing at each level (Ore/fiber/essence) When you hit (level 58, I think) they give you a quest to turn it in in 5 towns, for an extra inventory row. I had to buy-back the low-end stuff from the AH because I'd dumped it as junk.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Harik posted:

Is it really? Because prices for enchant fodder have tanked in the AH, to the point that all the blues I go to list are selling for less than vendor trashing them. This is at 59, so it's not lumbertown junk. Still, 6k in the bank should give me a start - and I haven't sold off the tawny pack toys because I can't decide if I want to keep the mount or not yet. I figure 'waiting for the price to keep going up' is a good plan.

If they re-price the 7-day atlas so it's less than $30/month I'll look into getting it. If they make elite chronoscrolls I'll probably end up buying them, though.

Hint for new players: Keep a stack of 50 of each gathering thing at each level (Ore/fiber/essence) When you hit (level 58, I think) they give you a quest to turn it in in 5 towns, for an extra inventory row. I had to buy-back the low-end stuff from the AH because I'd dumped it as junk.

For whatever reason, I've been getting 30-100g per blue from BoL blues of all things. :shobon: My best guess is it's just the sheer number of new f2p players currently around level 20. I expect the prices will fluctuate as the majority of the playerbase reaches different tiers of armor, so if you have the inventory space hanging onto your better gear will probably be worth it eventually.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I got an email telling me I had 1100 Electromagnetic Pulse so I decided to log in. Not feeling my Slayer or Zerker anymore so I'm rerolling a Warrior.

One question -- I saw people trying to buy EMP in chat -- is that a direct transfer or is there some gimmick to it? I figure I'll have a bigger need for the gold than these points.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I'm level 28 and starting to get into crafting in Velika. I'm going through the crafting quests, but are there just no crafting quests at all for Alchemy? It's the only one I really want to do so I can make myself Potions!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Question Mark Mound posted:

I'm level 28 and starting to get into crafting in Velika. I'm going through the crafting quests, but are there just no crafting quests at all for Alchemy? It's the only one I really want to do so I can make myself Potions!

There are, you should be able to get them at the guild quest board just like any of the others. However, for some reason the alchemy quests all seem to use the most expensive reagent for each tier, instead of using the cheaper ones and stepping up with each new tier. Probably a bug. Just remember you only have to craft 9 things to get the 50 points you need for the next tier of quest, then just abandon the quest and go back to the board to get the next level. For some reason the crafting quests still presume the old style where you only got 2 points per craft instead of 6 points.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Yeah after the first bunch I started only crafting 10 items.

I'm at the guild quest board right now and it's completely empty. I abandoned the Lv10 quests I had done for other things. If I had accidentally taken an alchemy quests ages ago and abandoned it by mistake, is it gone forever?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Yeah after the first bunch I started only crafting 10 items.

I'm at the guild quest board right now and it's completely empty. I abandoned the Lv10 quests I had done for other things. If I had accidentally taken an alchemy quests ages ago and abandoned it by mistake, is it gone forever?

Shouldn't be, it should show back up. But you have to be a certain level to get them. If you're already at 50 or 100 of a crafting skill you might not be a high enough level for the next tier to show up. I don't recall where it breaks down, I want to say it's like level 15, 25, 35, etc. maybe?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
To me I don't think Elite is worth it. I don't really run enough dungeons for the 1/2 cooldown. Atlas is nice but you get so spoiled you forget all about just taking a pegasus or scroll. You only really need it if you are doing a lot of dailies. That brings me to another point. Doing 20 dailies a day is really long, tedious, and boring. It only nets you 2000g and a bit more from credits a day. The double exp is good but there are so many boosts on the broker for cheap its not worth it just for that. I suppose if you run a lot of dungeons, and you really need money, Elite is ok. There are so many ways to make money and if you are at 60 long enough, you'll have so much money you don't know what to do with it.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

BobTheJanitor posted:

Shouldn't be, it should show back up. But you have to be a certain level to get them. If you're already at 50 or 100 of a crafting skill you might not be a high enough level for the next tier to show up. I don't recall where it breaks down, I want to say it's like level 15, 25, 35, etc. maybe?
Those are the levels I think, but my Alchemy skill is at level 1 right now!

edit: Fixed it by crafting random Alchemy stuff til it reached lv50, then the new one opened up.

Question Mark Mound fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 23, 2013

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Those are the levels I think, but my Alchemy skill is at level 1 right now!

I think you might need to go talk to the guy by the flight path in Velika. If I recall right, you get the guild board quest, then turn it in to him and get a new quest which also provides you the box of mats. So you might actually be on that step of the quest which is why the board would be blank.

And now that I think of it, the Alchemy one was even weirder. It has you go talk to some people in one of those streets in Velika that no one ever has a reason to go to. There's a group of merchants sitting around a cart somewhere, if I recall right. And then I think they send you to go talk to someone in... Lumbertown? Crescentia? So your point to pick it back up could be in any one of those places. I don't know why alchemy is weird like that.

Edit: Oh, well, it will remain a mystery for the ages then.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
In the old thread there was a guide to editing the settings file so the game looked/performed better and had a wider FOV. Does anyone still have the info on that?

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

boho posted:

In the old thread there was a guide to editing the settings file so the game looked/performed better and had a wider FOV. Does anyone still have the info on that?

http://pastebin.com/aZUCF9hh

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I've disabled PVP in Lumbertown. This is the best thing I've ever done.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Congratulations! We've become the most hated guild on the server is just 1 short hour. The tears, the anger. If you are a lowbie, now is probably not the best time to level because it seems like every guild is out to declare war on us. People are even going to talk to GMs to get us removed from vanarchy. Why add the option to disable PvP if no one is going to use it? This will be a fun vanarchy.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Velveteen posted:

I suppose if you run a lot of dungeons, and you really need money, Elite is ok. There are so many ways to make money and if you are at 60 long enough, you'll have so much money you don't know what to do with it.
As a new 60 gearing up, the cash is sorta nice. Between double daily and double gold you go from .5k to 2k a day, which is like 45k over a month. Also, more faction credits. Granted you have to do twice as many quests and probably be running about more to ensure you turn them all in within boost window (and get some nexus time in too.

Not having the atlus isn't a big blow if you aren't rushing to do the turnins within an hour. Might be useful when levelling, as opposed to dailies and sitting in BG/instance queue as a 60.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

KaneTW posted:

I've disabled PVP in Lumbertown. This is the best thing I've ever done.

Hahahaha this is amazing please keep us updated.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

killstealing posted:

Hahahaha this is amazing please keep us updated.

5 wars, angry area chat, angry whispers!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm really enjoying my warrior, though not even 20 yet. But I get the feeling that I'm going to be sub-par dps for dungeons. Is that the case?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Theres an event going on

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/guild-recruitment-video-contest

Totally should use the whispers and rage for it!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Eigo posted:

5 wars, angry area chat, angry whispers!

:allears: Wish I could play games right now, this sounds amazing.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Sneak peek!

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 23, 2013

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Eltoasto posted:

I'm really enjoying my warrior, though not even 20 yet. But I get the feeling that I'm going to be sub-par dps for dungeons. Is that the case?

You're a tank, and don't let those filthy lancers tell you otherwise. You won't have anywhere near the same DPS capabilities. You do decent steady damage and have a lot of nice debuffs to throw around.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Stanley Pain posted:

You're a tank, and don't let those filthy lancers tell you otherwise. You won't have anywhere near the same DPS capabilities. You do decent steady damage and have a lot of nice debuffs to throw around.

Oof, I don't think I am good enough to tank on my first char with this style of combat.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Velveteen posted:

Congratulations! We've become the most hated guild on the server is just 1 short hour. The tears, the anger. If you are a lowbie, now is probably not the best time to level because it seems like every guild is out to declare war on us. People are even going to talk to GMs to get us removed from vanarchy. Why add the option to disable PvP if no one is going to use it? This will be a fun vanarchy.

Goons make everything better :allears:

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

So happy to hear you disabled PVP there. While I was there a week or so ago on my sorcerer, the then-vanarch disabled PVP for like an hour and the area chat was just so much rage. Death threats and so on. People get really upset when they can't gank their lowbies!

edit - how long are you Vanarch for? Is it a week or a month?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

It's three weeks, but you have to pay "policy points" to change the settings, I don't know how you get more of them or how much you start with, though, the official site doesn't say.
Still, this is really funny. Hope you got more of those angry messages saved up.

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

Thievery posted:

So happy to hear you disabled PVP there. While I was there a week or so ago on my sorcerer, the then-vanarch disabled PVP for like an hour and the area chat was just so much rage. Death threats and so on. People get really upset when they can't gank their lowbies!

edit - how long are you Vanarch for? Is it a week or a month?

I believe Vanarchy lasts for a month. When you hover over the little button next to the minimap it says that registration beings on March 8th, so i figure that it's monthly.

On another note, disabling PvP in Lumbertown was probably the best thing you could have done, and the hate mail Crowd is getting is hilarious. Thank you :roflolmao:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Just fyi we're going to need a lot of PP so get farming. (Not right now with GvGs going on but just in general)

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Thievery posted:

Death threats, you say? Sounds reportable.

Demicol posted:

It's three weeks, but you have to pay "policy points" to change the settings, I don't know how you get more of them or how much you start with, though, the official site doesn't say.
Still, this is really funny. Hope you got more of those angry messages saved up.
Among other things, we can do Vanarch quests killing world bosses for PP. I hope everyone will pitch in to keep the gankers crying until they finally go gank people in the next area.

Also, Praise the guild, we love these policies.

Alavaria fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 23, 2013

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Did MT totally bottom out during the Nexus right now or is that just me? I see it on the server list but it just says "Cannot Connect".

And server status tells the tale, ahaha

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Velveteen posted:

Theres an event going on

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/guild-recruitment-video-contest

Totally should use the whispers and rage for it!
Yes, us dancing in Lumbertown, newbies running freely across the bridge, gankers with red names on the bridge getting nothing done. And a steam of angry messages.

"Wouldn't you like to have fun in Lumbertown? Join us today! :shobon:"

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Alavaria posted:

Yes, us dancing in Lumbertown, newbies running freely across the bridge, gankers with red names on the bridge getting nothing done. And a steam of angry messages.

"Wouldn't you like to have fun in Lumbertown? Join us today! :shobon:"

That is totally doable...

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
"paying 50g via mail for the location of any Dragongod Knightkings member outside of a town PST"

This vanarchy has been so good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

w00tazn posted:

"paying 50g via mail for the location of any Dragongod Knightkings member outside of a town PST"

This vanarchy has been so good so far.

If you guys aren't all just gathering in the same locations and inviting them into a massive trap you're not playing the game right.

• Locked thread