Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
The new Jeep look.

:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

The new Jeep look.

Looks like an Aztec

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

OSI bean dip posted:

Caught this on my way to work this morning:

I have to say I like it too, because what else are you going to do with a Caprice?

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

The new Jeep look.

Yeah, sadly it's official.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/22/2014-jeep-cherokee-gets-official-in-a-hurry/

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Das Volk posted:

I have to say I like it too, because what else are you going to do with a Caprice?
Make a roadster out of it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

CommieGIR posted:

The new Jeep look.

That's no Cherokee. That's a Rav4 that melted in the sun. :cry:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Literally the worst thing I've ever seen in my entire (but relatively short-ish) lifetime. That Jeep is an absolute loving abomination

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

It would look better if it were lower to the ground like a station wagon. Come to think of it I hope one gets turned in to a pimped-out station wagon.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Bwahahaha! loving hell, that's quite the pig with lipstick that'll be on the roads.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I thought you meant that he was parked in bike/motorcycle spaces.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

You Am I posted:

Ye Gods a Ford Corsair. I thought they were all taken off the road because they were so boring no one wanted to buy one.

Its been relegated to back yard ornament because he bought an 06 liberty 3.0R

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

JackRabbitStorm posted:

Looks like an Aztec

The styling on the Aztek was awful front to back, top to bottom. The Cherokee's styling woes lie mainly in the lights; the rest of the vehicle looks okay for a modern SUV/CUV.

The bigger issue is that it sits on a Dart platform, and won't be nearly as rugged off-road as its legendary name suggests.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
This is appropos of nothing but a lot of Jeep curmudgeons would be much happier if they'll just accept that the 4 door Wrangler is the new Cherokee. They're probably not going to make another midsize mass-market baby-carrier crossover with a front live axle boys.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

(1) :fap:
(2) Emphatically, wrong thread.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
That jeep is a drat shame. I think the current style is pretty handsome. To me a Jeep is relatively plain and function all. What the gently caress are they thinking?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

That jeep is a drat shame. I think the current style is pretty handsome. To me a Jeep is relatively plain and function all. What the gently caress are they thinking?

They're thinking of their target audience, to which a Jeep is something shiny to show off to the neighbors.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

It's like a cat that has been stroked way too hard or something. The only recognisable feature is the grille. Sort of like those new Land Cruisers. If I had the cash I'd never touch one. Bet you can't replace panels easily, unbolt the roof and fold down the windshield or even get it off road properly without it breaking, sinking or falling to pieces.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Sorry to derail from the Jeep talk, but I ran into this today. No big deal, just two kids sitting in a trunk:

Except we were all in a highway

(sorry about the cruddy picture, I wanted to take it as fast as possible so as to not be a bigger driving risk)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

dissss posted:

Ruined Evo 5

e. Maybe not, plate says its a 1.5
Best way to tell from that time period is whether or not it had drum brakes in the back. All EVOs since the dawn of EVOs run rear discs, but Lancers in general have only just gone away from rear drums in Australia on every other model.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Zefiel posted:

Sorry to derail from the Jeep talk, but I ran into this today. No big deal, just two kids sitting in a trunk:

Except we were all in a highway

(sorry about the cruddy picture, I wanted to take it as fast as possible so as to not be a bigger driving risk)

Is that a little baby chair thing on the roof? And what are all those stickers on the car? :eyepop:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

CharlesM posted:

Is that a little baby chair thing on the roof? And what are all those stickers on the car? :eyepop:

It is a baby walker, yeah. Oh, the stickers and car color (Iron Man red/gold) are the usual for Taxis here in Mexico City.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

"Professional" ricing in india.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjE3NjDdfts

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I think they are taking styling cues from the Cayenne which has been a runaway hit for Porsche among the soccer mom set. The Jeep grill just looks ever so wrong in between those headlights though.

I am more disturbed by the Dart underpinnings. It is like they decided that maybe the Liberty retained too many off-road capabilities and decided "we'll fix that!"

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

There use to be a show on TV called Bangla Bangers, it was about an india based car "customization" guy. He turned out some of the ugliest things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangla_Bangers

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

The new Jeep look.

Oh, cars are doing the Renee Zellweger "squinty" thing now. Cool.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

"Scion" decal is the best part.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

That's just sad. I think the saddest part is being so proud of something made by JVC that you make your own misspelled stickers for it:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

JaysonAych posted:

The bigger issue is that it sits on a Dart platform, and won't be nearly as rugged off-road as its legendary name suggests.

Holy poo poo...this is true.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Say, that's a nice matte finissshhhh... wait a minute...

This cannot be pleasant after a rainy day. Or humid, or foggy, or any time there is moisture in the air...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Cars for furries, now in stock. Learn more at www.FiskersWithWhiskers.com!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Not sure if this is the right thread. There's something inspiring about lawnmower bros.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

It's kind of hard for me to hate on developing nations "tuning" scenes.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

dissss posted:

Ruined Evo 5

e. Maybe not, plate says its a 1.5

That reminds me of this godawful video which I believe I linked in this thread's early iteration ("You put WHAT on your car?") before the new one started and it's pretty much a parade of crap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHf_1zud-dY

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

I am more disturbed by the Dart underpinnings. It is like they decided that maybe the Liberty retained too many off-road capabilities and decided "we'll fix that!"

Oh you're making GBS threads me. What the hell is going on? Why are we losing useful vehicles? I suppose its along the same lines of the best farmland being progressively developed and subdivided because the trendy set want the rural experience until eventually only the silverhairs remember that it used to be fertile farmland.

Ie people take something good and keep loving it up until barely anyone remembers why it was good in the first place.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

General_Failure posted:

Oh you're making GBS threads me. What the hell is going on? Why are we losing useful vehicles? I suppose its along the same lines of the best farmland being progressively developed and subdivided because the trendy set want the rural experience until eventually only the silverhairs remember that it used to be fertile farmland.

Ie people take something good and keep loving it up until barely anyone remembers why it was good in the first place.

The Jeep Liberty was a "useful vehicle?"

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Pseudonym posted:

Say, that's a nice matte finissshhhh... wait a minute...

This cannot be pleasant after a rainy day. Or humid, or foggy, or any time there is moisture in the air...

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

DropShadow posted:

...good point.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

sofullofhate posted:

Emphatically, wrong thread.
Of course, but it's another use for a Caprice besides the usual surface for applying flame decals or Impala trim bits.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

FogHelmut posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread. There's something inspiring about lawnmower bros.

King of the Hill fan, I tell you what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

DropShadow posted:

Better than the Dodge Dart. I guess they saw the Macpherson strut front suspension and FF layout of the Ford Escape and got jealous of the cost savings.