Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

IRQ posted:

Where's the list of chapter synopsis? I have nothing going on this weekend so I'll get started on killing off Cate, I just have no idea what the context is.

Try the google doc, unless someone deleted it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

Saeka posted:

I haven't read the books, but going by that amazing and informative trailer, I'm just going to make a few assumptions here: Robb Stark is going to die at his the Frey's wedding, Bran is going to turn into a tree, Stannis will remain awesome, nothing of importance will happen, and Tywin and Dany will poo poo themselves.

Am I close?

Very close. Must be a very well done trailer or you have some awesome predictive skills.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I humbly request that Maester Martendale have a larger role in A Clash of Kinks. His introduction and Kate's observations of him were some good poo poo.

Saeka posted:

I haven't read the books, but going by that amazing and informative trailer, I'm just going to make a few assumptions here: Robb Stark is going to die at his wedding, Bran is going to turn into a tree, Stannis will remain awesome, nothing of importance will happen, and Tywin and Dany will poo poo themselves.

Am I close?
So close, Robb dies at his stupid uncle's wedding; Robb already got married to the non-Frey girl last season.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Ah, I was so close!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Shoehead posted:

Try the google doc, unless someone deleted it all.

I don't know what you're talking about.

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.

thornghost posted:

You all must needs know that I believe we received a completely legitimate five star review on Smashwords last week.

"Adult-content rating: This book contains content considered unsuitable for young readers 17 and under, and which may be offensive to some readers of all ages humanity as a species. For more information, see the Support FAQ."

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

IRQ posted:

Where's the list of chapter synopsis? I have nothing going on this weekend so I'll get started on killing off Cate, I just have no idea what the context is.

The Google doc is where you're supposed to post chapters to, like the first one, which you never did.

Gosh.

ACwK(C?) Chapters Post
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3422738&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=537#post411203964

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010
So, I haven't been paying too much attention recently. I know that WoW is never coming out, but has GRRM said anything in the past 2 years about writing a single word of it? Has he got so fat that he's not even bothering to give people false hope anymore? I feel like false hope is an integral part of the ASoIaF experience, and new fans are really missing out.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

I feel like false hope is an integral part of the ASoIaF experience

Like a dog that chases after your empty throw so a Wild Card sprints.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

So, I haven't been paying too much attention recently. I know that WoW is never coming out, but has GRRM said anything in the past 2 years about writing a single word of it? Has he got so fat that he's not even bothering to give people false hope anymore? I feel like false hope is an integral part of the ASoIaF experience, and new fans are really missing out.

As a newer fan I agree. I wanna have some hope and then have George crush it literally. Estimated 2015 release isn't doing it for me.

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

It shouldn't be difficult to calculate how much each author gets from a total of 3 sales.

We have actually sold quite a few copies. It's not a staggering amount by any stretch of the imagination, but we've sold three copies just this week on Amazon alone. And this is far after that initial demand spike.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

He's posted/read a couple chapters that apparently were pushed back from AFFC/ADWD, so there are at least some words.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
Who likes blandish trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzI9v_B4sxw

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

gently caress me, I do.

Several of the shots gave me shivers.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

I like the bit where it's coming out and you know that it is actually coming out on that date.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

rejutka posted:

I like the bit where it's coming out and you know that it is actually coming out on that date.
Meanwhile, back on HBO...

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is awesome and brilliant and I choose to believe it. Does he talk about manderly? That fucker should me a merman too.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

This version of the bad thread is pretty good.

That which is gassed never dies, it only rises stronger

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

It shouldn't be difficult to calculate how much each author gets from a total of 3 sales.

Profit = poo poo / dick

Urdnot Fire posted:

Seriously, AGOB can't compare to ASOIAF unless it has at least some constantly-used phrases. It is known.

"It is brown" ( pronounced "Brone" which leads to endless confusion and hijinks!)

Instead of "The Lords Kiss", use the "Peasant's Snack", and never really describe what it is, just hint at stuff, that is different each time.

Sex moves all revolving around food:

"Sack Lunch"
"Lemon Twyst"
"Pot's Pie"
"The Dornish Pepper"

oh and the "Red Wedding". def need a sex move called the Red Wedding.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

kcroy posted:

I can get behind this.

Cate and Ronn get multiple penetrations and then someone throws a pet into the mix.

Meanwhilst, nuncle what's his fish has boring vanilla missionary style but lives to regret it.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I love that someone posted a swathe of spoilers and that it's currently the second comment on the trailer page.

I gave that comment a thumbs up.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Man, it's annoying trying to hold a conversation with someone on that video when youtube demands I fill out capchas endlessly to prove I'm not a bot. I mean, I am, but not the kind they think.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

syscall girl posted:

I can get behind this.

Cate and Ronn get multiple penetrations and then someone throws a pet into the mix.

Meanwhilst, nuncle what's his fish has boring vanilla missionary style but lives to regret it.

Make Ronn transform into a pet :tinfoil:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Oh man, that trailer. Readers, commence LOLing forever.

Dany has her boats and the dragons are getting big! She's going to Westeros!

Robb Robb Robb!!!

OMG IT'S HAPPENING!

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
Maybe it will happen and they're completely rewriting the series.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The best part of that trailer is all the people in the comments constantly asking over and over again what the lovely song is, just non-stop. No one reads the comments to find out, just blindly asks and what? Probably doesn't even stick around to see if they get answered, then posts again a few hours later on their fiftieth watching.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The wisest thing ever said is "view the internet like there is no comments section".

Fox News, Reddit, and YouTube are in a three way tie for absolute stupidest userbase and most asinine comments sections. It's really for the best that you never read them.

Unless it's to spoil them.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yeah, I was spoiling them a while back, but someone else has bravely taken up the torch, so I just upvoted their comments endlessly while downvoting anything critical of spoiling.

Democracy!

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The wisest thing ever said is "view the internet like there is no comments section".

Fox News, Reddit, and YouTube are in a three way tie for absolute stupidest userbase and most asinine comments sections. It's really for the best that you never read them.

Unless it's to spoil them.

IMDb is generally really awful too.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

SaviourX posted:

The Google doc is where you're supposed to post chapters to, like the first one, which you never did.

Gosh.

ACwK(C?) Chapters Post
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3422738&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=537#post411203964

I don't know where the google doc is!

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

When I think George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, I think crappy pop music playing in the background while dudes with swords and shields run through fields of grass and snow.

edit: I mean I know that's all that happens in ADwD (only with Dany making GBS threads while all this is happening), but come on HBO! ASoS is the best book of the series and this is what you show as a promo to the live-action adaption of it?

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 23, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Eh, the song itself is actually pretty good for a pop song.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

It's a shame because last season had a pretty cool trailer.

And I'm torn on whether I'd want them to change Dany's story so drastically. On the one hand, it'd be so much better than the books; on the other, I'm not sure if I want that because I'm spiteful.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

kcroy posted:

This is awesome and brilliant and I choose to believe it. Does he talk about manderly? That fucker should me a merman too.

He does talk about Manderly, also Ser Meryn is a fish man too.

kcroy posted:

So, being abstinent until marriage and then doing some vanilla missionary in front of the whole wedding party? Sounds exciting.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

thornghost posted:

We have actually sold quite a few copies. It's not a staggering amount by any stretch of the imagination, but we've sold three copies just this week on Amazon alone. And this is far after that initial demand spike.

So are we talking a six pack per author, a litre of Morgans per, a 15 YO per...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Who would buy anything other than a sex swing?

:cmon:

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

The half-second clip of Sandor & Beric was worth it.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
The Sandor and Berric fight, Joff's Wedding and the Red Wedding are the things I'm most excited to see. And the battle at Castle Black was pretty ballin' but that'a probably being saved for next season since 10 episodes of Brienne visiting villages and Vikings holding an election is probably going to get old fast.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 25, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

During my probation, I wrote precisely three sentances of Chapter 17.

I am the Georgesatz Hedergrrm.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

During my probation, I wrote precisely three sentances of Chapter 17.

I am the Georgesatz Hedergrrm.

The poop-pee must flow.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

The Sandor and Berric fight, Joff's Wedding and the Red Wedding are the things I'm most excited to see. And the battle at Castle Black was pretty ballin' but that'a probably being saved for next season since 10 episodes of Brienne visiting villages and Vikings holding an election is probably going to get old fast.

I can't imagine they'll do both the Red Wedding and Joffrey's wedding in one season. I can see the Red Wedding this season, and then Joffrey's wedding in the middle of season 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Someone record chapter five. My mic is trash.