Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
Not sure what's going on but server seems to be going down quite a bit today. This isn't such a bad thing since I need to kill some rare spawns for a quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Seemenaked posted:

Not sure what's going on but server seems to be going down quite a bit today. This isn't such a bad thing since I need to kill some rare spawns for a quest.

EME was hacked (I believe) yesterday

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Must be because you turned off PVP in Lumbertown.

Seriously though, sounds pretty bad if characters are going missing.

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...

Eigo posted:

You can visit the forum post linked earlier this page to experience half the dream!

That's actually how my late-to-the-party rear end found out about it. My appetite for schadenfreude is kind of high, though, so I was hoping for more.

GoodCitizen, your posts in there are making me laugh way too hard, for the record.

As for the missing characters, it seems that they're pretty quickly restoring those that they can, so if yours is missing you should definitely file a support ticket:

quote:

If your character is missing, please file a ticket with CS. They're working to restore all that have been reported, but a ticket gives us a data trail to make sure no one gets overlooked.

Please include the character name and server.

-Halrath

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Pooptimus Prime posted:

That's actually how my late-to-the-party rear end found out about it. My appetite for schadenfreude is kind of high, though, so I was hoping for more.

GoodCitizen, your posts in there are making me laugh way too hard, for the record.

The mods are editing out all my posts :(

Megatrauma
Jan 16, 2012
So, I've overheard my friends (who happen to be on MT as well) plan something,
well, and then, we stumbled across this.

There goes their plan of e-fame.

Also, if there's a bounty on our heads... could we just not find someone to split the money with?

:black101: 'cause I know some guys... who are also going to vote for us in the future, due to the amazing drama.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

Megatrauma posted:

So, I've overheard my friends (who happen to be on MT as well) plan something,
well, and then, we stumbled across this.

There goes their plan of e-fame.

Also, if there's a bounty on our heads... could we just not find someone to split the money with?

:black101: 'cause I know some guys... who are also going to vote for us in the future, due to the amazing drama.

That video really makes that race shine. I am going to make one now. They're beautiful.

Also, this is highly unrelated to the topic of Tera but I was checking out what other videos that channel had and came upon this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nhbYwVv5xg

Unfortunately, there are no English subtitles but that whole video is really weird and made me actually laugh out loud.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
SPQR just asked us if we are willing to do some friendly GvGs with them. If enough are willing we can set one up and fight with them. Just for fun not for rubbing faces in.

According to Ferret, they are our allies when he was guild leader and they have been voting for us the whole time!

Velveteen fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 24, 2013

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Velveteen posted:

SPQR just asked us if we are willing to do some friendly GvGs with them. If enough are willing we can set one up and fight with them. Just for fun not for rubbing faces in.

According to Ferret, they are our allies when he was guild leader and they have been voting for us the whole time!

They might not be anymore, but they did vote for us in the past.

Also:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
So me and Ferret were doing some BGs and we ran into this nice fellow:

edit: well I was beaten, but now you know it actually happened!

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Is assembling a set of PVP gear the herculean pain in the rear end that it seems to be? From what I gather you need to run nexus a bunch to get agnitor rep, buy crafting ingredients from the vendors, get the recipe from ???, masterwork it all, reroll the enchanting bonuses, and then upgrade it all to the max. Is there more or less to it than that?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

ndub posted:

Is assembling a set of PVP gear the herculean pain in the rear end that it seems to be? From what I gather you need to run nexus a bunch to get agnitor rep, buy crafting ingredients from the vendors, get the recipe from ???, masterwork it all, reroll the enchanting bonuses, and then upgrade it all to the max. Is there more or less to it than that?

You can buy the weapons/gear themselves for gold from players now, but it's all pretty much correct.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
PvP gear is expensive and grinding it is tedious. Especially tedious when you go into BG without them and get destroyed by everyone with gear. You do 60 damage crits while taking 98k crits from everyone and flopping over dead every 20 seconds. I wish the good PvE accessories didn't come from PvP. I should just go back to being a carebear.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

I just found out something pretty amazing about Slayers that has made mine go from "pretty fun" to "pretty fun and unkillable". I'm just level 30, but it turns out the glyph that says "Heals you for 3% immediately" on overhead strike actually heals you for 3% per target hit apparently. It's made me go from killing everything but running low on HP sometimes to killing everything but keeping full HP.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Velveteen posted:

PvP gear is expensive and grinding it is tedious. Especially tedious when you go into BG without them and get destroyed by everyone with gear. You do 60 damage crits while taking 98k crits from everyone and flopping over dead every 20 seconds. I wish the good PvE accessories didn't come from PvP. I should just go back to being a carebear.
Yeah I just got back into it and I see that the PVP gear gap between new players and anyone with a single conjunct piece or anything or better is even more massive of a gear gap than anything from wow. You can't do anything as a fresh 60. DOES ANYONE HAVE A GOOD AFK BOT?! :ssj:

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

I read through the OP and the official website, but their class descriptions seem to be meager at best. What class in TERA is considered the jack of all trades? It's all right if it's the master of none as well. In WoW I loved my druid, in Guild Wars 2 I have my engineer. I played a necromancer in Everquest, but that doesn't count. I like being able to have my cake and eat it too. If that's not possible, I guess I'll default to a heavy class.

Edit: EME got hacked? Is that why I never received an account verification e-mail?

Baiku fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 24, 2013

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Just dinged 60 tonight. Now onto grind number 2 I suppose. Is there an end game guide write up somewhere? I looked and noticed that some of the weapons can be crafted and others are drops from the hard modes. With the PvP talk I'm reading that I would want gear from PvP rewards as well? Yay...

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Zasraik posted:

I read through the OP and the official website, but their class descriptions seem to be meager at best. What class in TERA is considered the jack of all trades? It's all right if it's the master of none as well. In WoW I loved my druid, in Guild Wars 2 I have my engineer. I played a necromancer in Everquest, but that doesn't count. I like being able to have my cake and eat it too. If that's not possible, I guess I'll default to a heavy class.

I have limited knowledge but Berserker is a heavy armour DPS class with self healing attacks, and Warrior is a medium armour class who can DPS or tank. I don't think there's any other "hybrid" classes of any kind in TERA though I might be wrong, i've only played a couple of them. The warrior is really the only one i'd say can do more than one thing well.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Zasraik posted:

Warrior, I guess? They can tank and dps and PvP decently. There isn't really an all trades class since healing is fairly specialized. Mystic is kind of the hybrid healer but I don't think it's what you're looking for.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Huh. Thanks. I'll probably just roll a Lancer because I enjoy tanking and I hate waiting for a group.

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
Lancer seems like a lot of fun. I've only played a little bit of a few classes so far, but Berserker and Lancer seem to be a lot more enjoyable with their block mechanic than Warrior/Slayer. I'd like dodging a lot better if it was more like GW2's with invincibility frames, but that'd probably break the game or something.

Zasraik posted:

Edit: EME got hacked? Is that why I never received an account verification e-mail?

A friend of mine has been waiting for an activation email as well. We've been waiting for over an hour now, so it's probably best to just contact support.

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/i-didnt-receive-my-en-masse-account-verification-email

edit: Well that's really dumb. Apparently live support is only for elite/founder status account holders also. I'm going to check the official forums and see if there's anything on there about it. vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Dazh fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 24, 2013

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Dazh posted:

A friend of mine has been waiting for an activation email as well. We've been waiting for over an hour now, so it's probably best to just contact support.

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/i-didnt-receive-my-en-masse-account-verification-email

I've tried the link before. All of the options they give are for people with a valid account only :iiam:. I'll probably have to wait a few days while they try to figure out their problems.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Hurrah for endgame.

Attempt at nexus #1: Died to monsters that never loaded, ended up in a raid, died to mobs that didn't load inside the instance, somehow didn't trigger the appropriate flag and got no credit for doing it.

What do you need to do at the end of traverse to actually get credited for doing traverse?

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

How is the party queue for instances now that server gone to free to play? I still remember Lancer can get into patch matches for instances quite quickly follow by Priest/Mystics. DPS classes are the slowest to get a match.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

Dazh posted:

Lancer seems like a lot of fun. I've only played a little bit of a few classes so far, but Berserker and Lancer seem to be a lot more enjoyable with their block mechanic than Warrior/Slayer. I'd like dodging a lot better if it was more like GW2's with invincibility frames, but that'd probably break the game or something.

Dodge rolls actually do get invincibility frames. In fact, the various backsteps and teleports of ranged classes should all have invincibility frames. I don't see how a Slayer could survive some of the ridiculous AoE death attacks of later instances (*cough*crucible of fire*cough*) without invincibility frames. :v:

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

Yeah there's that half-second where you can pass through enemies and I always thought that bit was invincible.

Up until I saw that Popori Slayer video earlier I didn't realise how loving COOL their dodge were (I assume that's what they were doing when they just breakdance on the sword?). So cool.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
There is most definitely invincibility frames on Slayer/Warrior dodges. Plus Warriors get Death from Above which is an attack that's also a dodge that has more invincibility frames than a normal dodge. Warriors also get an attack that reduces any damage they take while performing the attack. The normal dodge seems to be invincible the entire time you're in the air, but it has recovery frames when you hit the ground so you can't immediately go into another move. Blocking doesn't have any significant recovery frames so going from a class that primarily blocks to a class that primarily dodges feels more vulnerable. It's frustrating at first, but you get used to it. I definitely preferred blocking more than dodging when I first picked up the game.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Well I've learned an impressive new way to gently caress people over in this game. As tank, wipe the rest of your party when boss is nearly dead, then kill him. Wait for loot to go public, take it all. Laugh at them in black&white, and leave.

I didn't bother saying anything, it wouldn't have changed anything, and it was only normal mode. Explains why I died twice right at the end - vicious.vix was working to drag the big attacks at everyone else.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Harik posted:

Well I've learned an impressive new way to gently caress people over in this game. As tank, wipe the rest of your party when boss is nearly dead, then kill him. Wait for loot to go public, take it all. Laugh at them in black&white, and leave.

I didn't bother saying anything, it wouldn't have changed anything, and it was only normal mode. Explains why I died twice right at the end - vicious.vix was working to drag the big attacks at everyone else.
Hmm, if I spot this happening I'll be sure to save my self rez buff for after the guy has killed the boss. The more you know. Especially if the tank starts behaving erratically when the boss is low on health.

In particular, it's possible to use the buff to rez, then it's already cooled down (since you cast a buff that lets you rez) so you can rebuff yourself with it and then if you die again, you can rez a second time.

Also, how much does a name change go for again...

Alavaria fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 24, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It's kind of funny that people think that 4 MES are worth the effort to wipe a party.

How long did the run take? I need like 7 minutes for a 3man. I'd not be surprised if this took way longer than that.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
I seem to be having some trouble logging in. It kicks me to the main server select screen, but selecting a server does nothing. I checked the forums, and apparently it's happened to others. Shame, I kind wanted to get a head start on leveling today :(.

EDIT: I just tried a minute ago, and every server now gives me a "Server is Unavailable" message, where before it wasn't doing anything. Maybe I tried to login during Nexus and my request is timing out or something.

Mr Fahrenheit fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 24, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, servers are having ~issues~

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/mount-tyrannas/topics/No-PvP-in-Arcadia?page=1#post-778471

Guys, can we try and er, farm this for tears? Thanks in advance.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

Mr Fahrenheit posted:

EDIT: I just tried a minute ago, and every server now gives me a "Server is Unavailable" message, where before it wasn't doing anything. Maybe I tried to login during Nexus and my request is timing out or something.
It isn't nexus time for another 2 hours I believe.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
Servers just went down for some kind of update and/or fix.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Another thread complaining, lovely. I don't get why people keep lying out their rear end though, we didn't hike taxes until Lolicon started running for Ost and we clearly weren't going to keep it.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

I am enjoying these threads and all I am doing is posting hugely supportive short phrases in them. People sure are mad. I like how that one guy that posted both these threads is of the opinion you must have exploited to get voted in. He is obviously a huge ganker and just can't deal with this.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

If it were possible to get friendly guilds voted in for every region and turn off PvP everywhere, even just for a day, that would be glorious. The forums would probably melt down under the rage tears.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
Oh man, they locked down the complaining thread. I was having fun with that.

My husband just told me, I can actually kill these vanarchy BAMs. I had no idea I was able to reliably on my priest.

Where are the low level ones that won't sap my game time too much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Wow, the lance that the lancer uses is insanely annoying. Couldn't they have just given him a sword or something? Having absolutely no horizontal attack range other than a single point is just brutal in this kind of combat system.

• Locked thread