Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Sadi posted:

I was looking at its average MPG on track during the episode. Based on what I read If you had 20 min run groups you could burn through drat near a full tank every 2 to 3 runs. (I may have been drinking when reading that and running the numbers so take that with a large grain of salt)

That's not horribly uncommon. My Cayman gets a bit less than 9 mpg on the track, and I'm not pushing it as hard as it can go yet. With a 14 gallon tank, I'm down well below half a tank after 3. So, I assume I'd get 4 and a bit.

My friend's 430 runs dry about as quick, only he's putting 25 gallons in.

Along the those lines, the Cayman is definitely geared to cruise at 55. Driving to the track I did Top Gear "55" miles per hour and got about 24 mpg. On the way home I was being followed by a kid with permit who by no means could get caught doing "55" so I took it much slower and squeaked out the EPA estimated 27 mpg!

I liked this week's US Top Gear. It was something I hadn't seen yet, unlike last week. It was fun. The bit at the end was a waste. Get a road long enough to max it, or get off the pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Also, Tanner moping from being the only one with FWD was pretty hilarious.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I totally want to drive around on all donuts. In a Trans Am.

The door breaking was great.

emf
Aug 1, 2002

Minto Took posted:

Aren't most American cars still geared for a 55 MPH cruising speed?
This wasn't even true when rolling the double nickle was federally mandated. My '85 Capri 5.0 V8 couldn't be in TOP GEAR at anything less than 60 with it's 2.73 rear end, and preferred to run 65+. Many places now have 75 MPH speed limits, and I think there are even a few places with 80.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

jamal posted:

I thought Rut telling the valet to get out and then having to hand the car over to Tanner was pretty funny.
I would've liked to have seen Rut stay as a passenger, leading to eventually screaming like a girl during the high speed run.

Then again it looks like they'll be doing something close enough next week :v:

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Sadi posted:

I was looking at its average MPG on track during the episode. Based on what I read If you had 20 min run groups you could burn through drat near a full tank every 2 to 3 runs. (I may have been drinking when reading that and running the numbers so take that with a large grain of salt)

I would burn through 20-22 gallons of gas in my SRT8 during a track day. With an 18.5g tank I always had two 5g fuel jugs to put some more gas in the tank midway through the day. Keep in mind that's with a fair amount of lap traffic from slower cars so I was never getting a full session of flat out running. Big V8's at full song use a lot of gas, news at 11.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Minto Took posted:

Aren't most American cars still geared for a 55 MPH cruising speed?

No, and they never really were. Older trucks were because of steep rear ends and 2/3 speed automatics without overdrives, but those are at best an edge case. Someone might get better economy going 55, but from aerodynamics (and the inherent easy driving done that goes with speed cognizance), the engine might not be in its peak efficiency range.

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 20, 2013

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

emf posted:

This wasn't even true when rolling the double nickle was federally mandated. My '85 Capri 5.0 V8 couldn't be in TOP GEAR at anything less than 60 with it's 2.73 rear end, and preferred to run 65+. Many places now have 75 MPH speed limits, and I think there are even a few places with 80.

I-10 in west Texas has an 80mph speed limit. SH130 between San Antonio and Austin has the highest speed limit of 85.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
It was my understanding that all American cars are equipped with burger warmers, is true yes?

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

sigtrap posted:

It was my understanding that all American cars are equipped with burger warmers, is true yes?

They're called headers.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

sigtrap posted:

I dunno about that, but my French car has a wine cellar. The frog leg dispenser was optional, I didn't get that :-(

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Man, the French are always classy. The Seat Ibiza just has a chilled compartment for a box of wine and a big bottle of Coke. :saddowns:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I heard the Mastretta has a box that not only warms your tortillas, but also cools your salsa. The horn says "AY CARUMBA" when you hit it.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
My Swedish cars are equipped just like IKEA:

Instructions dont make sense, and you always have leftover parts.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I have a North Korean car. :(

noskill
Dec 6, 2012

OMCK

captainOrbital posted:

I have a North Korean car. :(

Does it make a "moo" sound when you start it?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

noskill posted:

Neigh.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

noskill posted:

The only thing that works is the GPS (Satnav, sorry), which tells me that I'm already wherever I wanted to be and that I should be happy about it.

It has no cupholders.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

sigtrap posted:

My Aussie car wont let you start it unless you are pissed off your nut on VB with a sheila to root in the back seat and a cattle dog in the tray.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

parrhesia posted:

Man, the French are always classy. The Seat Ibiza just has a chilled compartment for a box of wine and a big bottle of Coke. :saddowns:
Seat is Spanish

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

You Am I posted:

Seat is Spanish

:thejoke:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I HAVE GREAT NEWS!

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Preoptopus posted:

I HAVE GREAT NEWS!

Does this mean that James May builds a trainset and watches celebrities attempt to wallpaper a room is getting new episodes?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Pretty sure there is a new season of ManLab comming out but I was just captioning the photo.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Preoptopus posted:

Pretty sure there is a new season of ManLab comming out but I was just captioning the photo.

Yeah, May tweeted a while back that there'd be a new season sometime after Top Gear's current series is over.

AzizAnstarmie
Dec 17, 2010
Man Lab is cool but I would really like another season of Oz and James. That's not likely to happen though, has been four years since the last one.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

sinistarded posted:

Man Lab is cool but I would really like another season of Oz and James. That's not likely to happen though, has been four years since the last one.

Have this video instead, which starts with Oz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIp6dfHR2jk

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Drakkel posted:

Yeah, May tweeted a while back that there'd be a new season sometime after Top Gear's current series is over.
He also said there would be a Christmas special, which never materialized, maybe it's forthcoming too? :shobon:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
They said the x-mas special would air in February but there's only one Sunday left and still two more season episodes to get through. :confused:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I guess the last episode when they go to Africa is that Christmas special? I hope not, I do want more TG. :colbert:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

You Am I posted:

Seat is Spanish

So is Kalimotxo which is what I was referring to in my post.

It's also excellent at getting you utterly shitfaced on a hot summer afternoon.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

uPen posted:

James May builds a trainset and watches celebrities attempt to wallpaper a room

This is the best thing.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Philip J Fry posted:

They said the x-mas special would air in February but there's only one Sunday left and still two more season episodes to get through. :confused:
The post I quoted was talking about Man Lab, not Top Gear. James May posted on Twitter that they were filming a Chrismas Episode of Man Lab, which hasn't aired yet.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

nmfree posted:

The post I quoted was talking about Man Lab, not Top Gear. James May posted on Twitter that they were filming a Chrismas Episode of Man Lab, which hasn't aired yet.

Oh I know, I was just wondering about them saying the Top Gear x-mas special would air in February a while back. Turns out it airs March 3rd.

Then Part 2 of the special airs March 10th. :haw:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

On BBCA promos for Top Gear, they keep featuring clips from the upcoming Africa special. Is this airing next week? Should only be two episodes left in this series.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

angryhampster posted:

On BBCA promos for Top Gear, they keep featuring clips from the upcoming Africa special. Is this airing next week? Should only be two episodes left in this series.

Previous post. This weeks episode is still normal.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Like Fry posted right above you, it's a two parter with the first part airing on the 3rd of March and the 2nd part on the 10th.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Oh wow didn't even see that. That is excellent news.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I love that the Drawer of Jeremy is just full of hammers.

And a self-destruct system, lovely.

Right, they just announced at the end, Christmas special is a two-parter, next week and the week after. Oops, someone already mentioned that.

McDragon fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
The car for old people segment was fantastic.

Was this the last episode of the series?