Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

Talking of cat hair, anyone have any tips for ridding my entire wardrobe of cat hair D: Most of my work clothes are black/grey/blue or other dark colours, and I CONSTANTLY look like I've just rolled around on the floor with 10 cats, even if they are straight off the drying rack. My winter coat is especially bad, as it's a thick duffle style coat and it is SO hard to get cat hair off that fabric. I have a couple of those sticky roller devices which get the worst of it off my clothes, but wondering if anyone had come across any better solutions, short of shaving my cats or dying them black...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Radio! posted:

tl;dr how do I make my one cat less of a target for my other cat?

Does Catface have space where she can get away from Gilbert? Sometimes it helps to make sure there are lots of escape routes for the cat being attacked. This is what I'm thinking of. Obviously you would not be putting designer perches in every room :P But the idea might help.

Robot Mil posted:

Talking of cat hair, anyone have any tips for ridding my entire wardrobe of cat hair D: Most of my work clothes are black/grey/blue or other dark colours, and I CONSTANTLY look like I've just rolled around on the floor with 10 cats, even if they are straight off the drying rack. My winter coat is especially bad, as it's a thick duffle style coat and it is SO hard to get cat hair off that fabric. I have a couple of those sticky roller devices which get the worst of it off my clothes, but wondering if anyone had come across any better solutions, short of shaving my cats or dying them black...

Nope.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Is there any kind of anti depressants for cats? Ours has finally come to the realization that his brother isn't coming back :(

He's been moping around the house, not really eating anywhere near as much as usual, and only being semi interested in attention and playtime. The only thing I can really consistently get him excited about are treats.

I would like to get him a new playmate, but I'm not sure any of the 3 of us are ready for that yet and if it will make it better or worse.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Pretty much this with a but: If you keep your car clean take a roller with you and roll yourself before driving, or after, or in the office, or whereever. If it's a big deal, you'll do it. If it's not a big deal you'll submit to it like I did. :saddowns:

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Pretty much this with a but: If you keep your car clean take a roller with you and roll yourself before driving, or after, or in the office, or whereever. If it's a big deal, you'll do it. If it's not a big deal you'll submit to it like I did. :saddowns:

drat. I have to look presentable in work so I think I'll just take to having a roller in my bag. I'll need to attack the coat with sellotape I think, the roller does nothing to it! I swear my cat rubs himself all over my drat coat on purpose.

Ktb
Feb 24, 2006

Robot Mil posted:

drat. I have to look presentable in work so I think I'll just take to having a roller in my bag. I'll need to attack the coat with sellotape I think, the roller does nothing to it! I swear my cat rubs himself all over my drat coat on purpose.

One of my friends has given up and he uses the roller (one with the peel off sticky strips) directly on the cat. She LOVES it, especially when he goes against her fur! He swears it has cut down on the amount of cat hair about, I'm not sure I believe that but watching him do it is pretty funny.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Tickled the little feets of my girlfriend's fat cat she peed on herself and on the couch. Now I have to clean the cushion and the cover. We gave her a bath last night, but she ended up peeeing on herself again(I assume) because she's got a wet yellowish smelly bottom again.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

Mad Pino Rage posted:

Tickled the little feets of my girlfriend's fat cat she peed on herself and on the couch. Now I have to clean the cushion and the cover. We gave her a bath last night, but she ended up peeeing on herself again(I assume) because she's got a wet yellowish smelly bottom again.

This cat needs to go to the vet. That is not normal.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Yeah, a cat should never pee themselves or pee spontaneously like that, definitely a health problem of some kind. I've seen dogs do this, but never a cat.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

She pees on herself while she is using the litterbox because she's a short tiny cat that is really really fat(thanks girlfriend's parents for feeding her unhealthy poo poo). If we could get her to lose weight, then she wouldn't be collecting cat waste on her rear end or the bottom side of the base of her tail. Also, I was tickling her too long on her feet while I was keeping her on back last night that she got scared and stressed and then peed on herself and the couch. She's really scared/skittish that when the girlfriend first brought her over she would pee on me when I put her on my lap.

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

Mad Pino Rage posted:

She pees on herself while she is using the litterbox because she's a short tiny cat that is really really fat(thanks girlfriend's parents for feeding her unhealthy poo poo). If we could get her to lose weight, then she wouldn't be collecting cat waste on her rear end or the bottom side of the base of her tail. Also, I was tickling her too long on her feet while I was keeping her on back last night that she got scared and stressed and then peed on herself and the couch. She's really scared/skittish that when the girlfriend first brought her over she would pee on me when I put her on my lap.

Stop being a dick to the scared cat.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So I have a dilemma. I have a fiancé, we've been living together for about a year now and things are going well except for one thing: my cats do not like him. It isn't a hostility more of a combination of apathy and wariness. I have class in the evenings and when I come home they're both out and meowing and he'll say he literally hasn't seen them all night. They both watch him out of the corner of their eyes when he's around and try to sneak by him. If he tries to pet them, they run and hide under the bed. They have been doing this for the several years that we have been dating. I have a theory, I'm quiet and he's a bit louder. He'll sing, he'll play music at a moderate volume. He does a sing-song "Hiiiiiii!" when he sees Hoke which is hilarious but usually sends Hoke running from the room. This is in contrast to when I lived alone where I am very quiet and always talked to them in quiet tones. Aside from actively avoiding my fiancé, they're completely normal cats. They sleep on me at night come out seek attention from me while actively ignoring him. No problems with food or litter box usage. For a long time the feeling was mutual (he was resigned to the fact that they are my cats and he was overall apathetic towards them) but he told me over the weekend he wished that they would love on him like they do me -- or at the very least not run when he tries to pet them.

I'm thinking he needs to interact with them more than singing silly songs at them and shooing them off counters and tables. He already feeds them after work when I have class but I think he should take over feeding 24/7. I've also suggested that he get out Da Bird or the laser pointer more and play with them. I feel like they need to get to know him as someone other than "the loud one".

Thoughts?

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So I have a dilemma. I have a fiancé, we've been living together for about a year now and things are going well except for one thing: my cats do not like him. It isn't a hostility more of a combination of apathy and wariness.

I'm thinking he needs to interact with them more than singing silly songs at them and shooing them off counters and tables. He already feeds them after work when I have class but I think he should take over feeding 24/7. I've also suggested that he get out Da Bird or the laser pointer more and play with them. I feel like they need to get to know him as someone other than "the loud one".

I think your ideas are fantastic, but they need to be 'worked up to' in a stepwise manner to make the cats more comfortable. How are your cats with new people in general, incidentally?

Basically he needs to start from scratch and go slow. He can't shoo them or yell at them or even really talk to them for the time being. No forced attention whether he thinks it's positive or negative because the cats undoubtedly view any attention from him as negative right now. He should not chase them at all. Some cats absolutely have to be the ones to initiate contact and I'd say the majority of cats don't like to be watched or followed around. So if they come out slinking around near him but don't interact with him, the absolute best thing he can do at the beginning is to basically ignore them. He can set food down but shouldn't hover around the bowls or watch them eat. Just have him fill up the bowl and walk away. No sustained eye contact. Usually, cats will eventually become more curious and investigative once those perceived threats are taken away. Once they start to show a bit more confidence around him, he can start tossing high-value treats at a comfortable distance but still not forcing any interaction on them. You're probably the best judge of your cats and their comfort levels, so don't let him initiate contact with them again until it seems like they'd be comfortable with it - like if they start to approach him for treats he can move on to maybe playing with a laser pointer or Da Bird and see if they'll play. It's basically just a gradual introduction in a way that cats find comfortable.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.

Mad Pino Rage posted:

I was tickling her too long on her feet while I was keeping her on back last night that she got scared and stressed and then peed on herself and the couch. She's really scared/skittish that when the girlfriend first brought her over she would pee on me when I put her on my lap.

Why the gently caress would you do this? Don't force a cat to be on its back. Jesus Christ.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Mad Pino Rage posted:

Cat still probably needs to go to the vet. Also, leave that cat alone, dude. She obviously doesn't trust you, and for good reason.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Topoisomerase posted:

I think your ideas are fantastic, but they need to be 'worked up to' in a stepwise manner to make the cats more comfortable. How are your cats with new people in general, incidentally?

Basically he needs to start from scratch and go slow. He can't shoo them or yell at them or even really talk to them for the time being. No forced attention whether he thinks it's positive or negative because the cats undoubtedly view any attention from him as negative right now. He should not chase them at all. Some cats absolutely have to be the ones to initiate contact and I'd say the majority of cats don't like to be watched or followed around. So if they come out slinking around near him but don't interact with him, the absolute best thing he can do at the beginning is to basically ignore them. He can set food down but shouldn't hover around the bowls or watch them eat. Just have him fill up the bowl and walk away. No sustained eye contact. Usually, cats will eventually become more curious and investigative once those perceived threats are taken away. Once they start to show a bit more confidence around him, he can start tossing high-value treats at a comfortable distance but still not forcing any interaction on them. You're probably the best judge of your cats and their comfort levels, so don't let him initiate contact with them again until it seems like they'd be comfortable with it - like if they start to approach him for treats he can move on to maybe playing with a laser pointer or Da Bird and see if they'll play. It's basically just a gradual introduction in a way that cats find comfortable.

In general, Daisy is one of those cats you wouldn't know I owned if I didn't tell you about her. She's a very nervous cat in general. Hoke will come out when there's company but its more curiosity and he only really shows an interest in me paying attention to him. As a friend put it "that cat would be most happy if you had a kangaroo pouch he could ride around in all day" Hoke is 100% my cat.

My fiancé is going out of town for business next week. I think I'll talk to him about this reintroduction thing when he gets back from that.

Edit: they both will occasionally solicit pets from my fiancé but its a rare occupancy. I also catch them sleeping on him at night - especially Daisy.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Edit: they both will occasionally solicit pets from my fiancé but its a rare occupancy. I also catch them sleeping on him at night - especially Daisy.

So it isn't him, it's his approach. I'd say you pretty much hit the nail on the head with what is wrong and what needs to be done. Agree with Topoisomerase as well about starting from scratch and letting the cats take initiative.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

That was sudden and confusing. Let me rectify my previous post:

"She use to be a really scared/skittish that when the girlfriend first brought her over to a new place she would pee on me when I put her on my lap. "

That was six months ago. Now, she generally comes over to me or anyone else when her name is called, and will randomly demand a lot of attention, sit on you, or try to eat your hair and toes.

Enelrahc posted:

Stop being a dick to the scared cat.

Well, cats are dicks too. If she's going to munch on my scalp or chew on my toes in the morning, then from time to time I'm going to tickle her or any of my cats' feet.

marshmallard posted:

Why the gently caress would you do this? Don't force a cat to be on its back. Jesus Christ.

She usually is laying on her back. Sometimes, I hold her like a big cat baby on her back, and she likes it. Sometimes she resists, but then she succumbs to the petting, a belly rub, and an occassional treat.

Serella posted:

Cat still probably needs to go to the vet. Also, leave that cat alone, dude. She obviously doesn't trust you, and for good reason.

I'll consider it, but I think you're kind of assuming the worst. I just want to make sure that I'm not confusing anyone, but she was just scared and peed on herself because I tickled her for too long. Other than that she uses the litterboxes just fine. She gets pee and poo caught on her fur because she has really short legs, medium length hair, and is overweight. She doesn't pee or poo herself spontaneously or outside of the litterbox.

Also, that's a really unfair statement to make saying she doesn't trust me. I don't post a whole lot in this thread. I can see that would be a fair perspective from viewing my recent posts. However, I think it is unfair to make that kind of judgement without the full encapsulation of the relationship between any of my cats.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
Cat's don't generally just pee themselves, even when scared.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Mad Pino Rage posted:

she would pee on me when I put her on my lap

(later)

She doesn't pee or poo herself spontaneously or outside of the litterbox.

Get your lap out of the litter box then?

Mofette
Jan 9, 2004

Hey you! It's the sound, in your head goes round and round

I am on my last tether. My boy cat, Rumble, likes to pee where we really don't want him doing it.

I cleaned the litterbox this morning. Tonight, he pooped on the front door mat. He's peed on it three times last week and I took it outside to clean and replaced it on Sunday.

In the previous house, he did it in the bath. At least that was easy to clean each time, but this is beyond me. When he was a baby, his first owners said he did it on plastic bags a lot. He hasn't done that with us.

I have to put the mat back, there's a gap for it in the laminate. Also it stops dirt being trecked around the house, unless of course there's poo on the doormat.

What can I use to clean the mat that would dissuade him from doing it again?
Are there orange-scented cleaners?
Are there cat-attract litters in the UK?

He's not particularily motivated by food - when it's dinnertime, sure, but he doesn't care for treats.
His sister doesn't do it, she's always been well behaved with the rear end, she just likes to throw up sometimes.
I live in the UK, so we don't necessarily have the same products you do.
I use the wooden cat litter.
I scoop the litter every morning and night (and whenever I notice a poo) and I replace it about every two/three days.

I am on my own at the moment with the husband 100 miles away, so they are my only companions. I could never give them up, but I'm starting to resent him and I miss my boy that was cute and snuggled on my feet, so heavy I can't turn over.

Are there any door mats that would dissuade him? I'd try rubber, but he used to pee on the plasticky bath mat :(

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Mofette posted:

I am on my last tether. My boy cat, Rumble, likes to pee where we really don't want him doing it.

Have you had him checked out by a vet? How many catboxes do you have? What happens if you put the box on or next to the mat?

Mofette
Jan 9, 2004

Engineer Lenk posted:

Have you had him checked out by a vet? How many catboxes do you have? What happens if you put the box on or next to the mat?

Not specifically for this, as he always seems to have done it

I only have one catbox - I could try another

No idea, it's at the front door, it's not really possible to put a catbox in the corridor :(

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Mad Pino Rage posted:

Also, that's a really unfair statement to make saying she doesn't trust me. I don't post a whole lot in this thread. I can see that would be a fair perspective from viewing my recent posts. However, I think it is unfair to make that kind of judgement without the full encapsulation of the relationship between any of my cats.

Fear peeing is an extreme reaction. When my cat got chased by a dog, he knocked over vases and climbed the wall without having any claws to get away, but he didn't pee himself. So either she's still more scared of you than you realize, or she has incontinence issues.

1up
Jan 4, 2005

5-up
I've only experienced fear peeing once and it only happened after my cat had been lost outside my MIL's house for 3 days, harassed by 2 outdoor cats, and cornered 3 different times before we caught her. I can't imagine how stressed that cat must be to pee whenever you handle her feet too much. :psyduck:

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

1up posted:

I've only experienced fear peeing once and it only happened after my cat had been lost outside my MIL's house for 3 days, harassed by 2 outdoor cats, and cornered 3 different times before we caught her.

Oh, Jesus, fear peeing. One of my cats (now 16 years old, then 15) simply could not adjust to the introduction of my brother's cats. In her defense, one of my brother's cats is an rear end in a top hat.

...but, in her defense, when attacked by my brother's rear end in a top hat cat, my poor kitty would immediately pee herself and then run away. Every. loving. Time.

Combination of cat households did not ultimately work.

Trillian
Sep 14, 2003

Mofette posted:

cat pee problems

I have this Ikea doormat because of its cat repelling qualities. It's all plastic and has a nubby texture that they hate.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

Serella posted:

Fear peeing is an extreme reaction. When my cat got chased by a dog, he knocked over vases and climbed the wall without having any claws to get away, but he didn't pee himself. So either she's still more scared of you than you realize, or she has incontinence issues.

Eh, I've got one who fear pees every time I have to take him out of the house (this was considerably more annoying when I lived in the dorms and would have to take him out for fire alarms). I either put something absorbent in the carrier or hold him with a strategically placed towel that will get thrown away. He still has to go to the vet.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Question to you goons with Da Bird.

I have a couple of kittens whose sole mission is to destroy any toy on a string by gnawing the life out of it. Yarn? Too easy! :black101: Elastic? No challenge! :black101: Ball bearings? Nice try, the string attached is the weak point! :black101: I see that Da Bird is fairly sturdy and has a flexible wire. My question is, if my kittens have a nasty habit of gnawing on anything string-like should I avoid Da Bird? The answer is probably obvious but i'd rather ask people with the actual product than go with assumption.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

The answer is probably obvious
Don't leave Da Bird out with your kittens/cats unattended and put it away when you're done playing. Otherwise, go hog wild!

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Serella posted:

She isn't scared of me. She was just scared because she was on her back and getting tickled for too long. Tickling a cat's feet isn't a vendetta long held but quickly yields to grooming and treats. You're just being overly cautious.

1up posted:

I've only experienced fear peeing once and it only happened after my cat had been lost outside my MIL's house for 3 days, harassed by 2 outdoor cats, and cornered 3 different times before we caught her. I can't imagine how stressed that cat must be to pee whenever you handle her feet too much. :psyduck:

My sister got a little dog while I was on a trip to Europe and the Middle East. I was surprised because my mom never let me have pets when I was a kid. Well, the dog was still young and getting acquainted to the house, and I put him on my lap, looked at me with the cutest big ol' puppy eyes, shaking like crazy, and peed on me.

As for the cat of so much contention, to reiterate, she peed on me a few times when I picked her up while she was transitioning to her new home. We took her to the vet twice, and his only diagnosis was an unrelated case of ear mites. She's been fine since then and up until this moment. There was one time when we let the stray cat out of the bathroom to move freely about the place, and one night she charged him and lost. She ended up running away leaving behind a pee trail all over my girlfriend's expensive art books.

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I have a couple of kittens whose sole mission is to destroy any toy on a string by gnawing the life out of it. Yarn? Too easy! :black101: Elastic? No challenge! :black101: Ball bearings? Nice try, the string attached is the weak point! :black101: I see that Da Bird is fairly sturdy and has a flexible wire. My question is, if my kittens have a nasty habit of gnawing on anything string-like should I avoid Da Bird? The answer is probably obvious but i'd rather ask people with the actual product than go with assumption.

Maybe try military grade Paracord 550 lb Type III? I have yet to try it myself, but I'm probably going to get myself some soon.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Mad Pino Rage posted:

She isn't scared of me. She was just scared because she was on her back and getting tickled for too long. Tickling a cat's feet isn't a vendetta long held but quickly yields to grooming and treats. You're just being overly cautious.

Ok, then I'm not sure what you want. You came in to tell us about your peeing cat, but we're overly cautious in telling you that's not normal and to take her to the vet? Whatever then, cool story about bring mean to your cat, bro.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
Warning: graphic descriptions of cat vomit will follow!

I've been looking around for some info but I'm getting a huge range of answers to my question ranging from: "your cat is as good as dead" to "take to vet" to "let it run its course"

The issue is that my younger cat (3 years) starting yesterday at some point has been vomiting a lot. My wife got home and said there was a lot and she cleaned up and fed them and needed to go to an appointment. When I got home there was vomit on the floor, clearish, little food, a little hair. Then some more that I thought was clear but when I put the light on it was so so so slightly pink that without direct light on it you couldn't tell there was color to it.(I didn't know my wife had cleaned the vomit earlier so I didn't think anything of it), not a huge amount but a couple of puke sessions. Then I took a shower and left the faucet dripping so the younger dude can sip like he usually does. He had some sips, terrorized (read: tries to play with) the older cat as usual. When I got out of the shower I saw him yak up the water. I went to pick up my wife and when we got back there was a very large amount of vomit this time with food in it.

Cleaned up, we went to bed. I woke up at 3AM and saw there was more vomit, not much in it, a couple of crumbs of food. Cleaned it up went back to bed. At 6AM when we got up to go to work there were two or three more little puddles mostly clear, a little food. One was foamy. At this point we decided to remove all the food (probably should have done that last night). Now he's ok in terms of behavior, meowing, trotting around. He was very affectionate and lovey this AM as is his usual behavior.

Now we have a dumb cane in the house. It was a gift from my eye doctor after I got surgery. My concern is that he maybe had gotten to nibbling on it. I've noticed torn leaves before but no vomiting from either cat. Needless to say this gift is going somewhere else because dumb cane is toxic in moderate amounts. I'm hoping it was just that he ate something stupid and he's got a sour belly. We were holding him this morning and trying to feel for any blockage but I don't know what it would feel like. He wasn't rock hard in his gut, just normal feeling I guess. He didn't yelp or cry out when we were pushing and prodding either.

Should the next course of action be a vet visit? Or see if he can eat later on today? I'm hoping it's nothing that waiting a day would cause more harm. Any ideas?

EDIT: When he's feeling better I'll ask about why the hell the older one (6 yrs) screams like she's being skinned when he tries to chase her around the house or roughhouse with her! His name is Loki, he lives up to the name I can tell you!

Funkysauce fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 27, 2013

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Serella posted:

Ok, then I'm not sure what you want. You came in to tell us about your peeing cat, but we're overly cautious in telling you that's not normal and to take her to the vet? Whatever then, cool story about bring mean to your cat, bro.

I didn't want anything or asked for help. I was just making a post about my cat. Thanks for the attempt. Sorry for the confusion.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Funkysauce posted:

Should the next course of action be a vet visit?

Yes. With all the constant and recent throwing up my primary concern isn't that he has a sour stomach, but if he is dehydrated or has not had proper nutrition at the moment. He may need to get IV fluids or something if he really is dehydrated. The stomach and toxic cane can be addressed at the same time because he might get something to ease the stomach. So, yes. Vet. ASAP.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Yes. With all the constant and recent throwing up my primary concern isn't that he has a sour stomach, but if he is dehydrated or has not had proper nutrition at the moment. He may need to get IV fluids or something if he really is dehydrated. The stomach and toxic cane can be addressed at the same time because he might get something to ease the stomach. So, yes. Vet. ASAP.

I left the water out so they can drink, if he can't keep just water down then dehydration will be come a serious concern. He wasn't showing any symptoms this AM but I'll be taking a trip to the Veterinary ER tonight.

1up
Jan 4, 2005

5-up

Mad Pino Rage posted:

For what it's worth, I don't think you're being malicious towards your cat. I think the problem has been normalized because playing with cat => cat pees => cat is perfectly fine after, but you really should be more concerned with that middle part. Fear peeing from petting, based on what you've said, is seriously abnormal and you should really talk to your vet about possible anxiety medication or alternatives.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

duckfarts posted:

Don't leave Da Bird out with your kittens/cats unattended and put it away when you're done playing. Otherwise, go hog wild!

Cool. I still have amazon.com credit so i'll probably get a few cat toys including Da Bird. They love new toys :3:

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Duct tape the wire to the handle thingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mofette
Jan 9, 2004

Trillian posted:

I have this Ikea doormat because of its cat repelling qualities. It's all plastic and has a nubby texture that they hate.

Thank you. A trip to Ikea is totally on the cards (who doesn't move house and then visit Ikea?) and I will give it a try

I have put down a second litter tray today. He went and peed in it within half an hour, even though it was on the next floor. Fingers crossed!!