Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reciprocator
Jun 26, 2002

You're not taking drugs are you? I only ask because there is a zero-tolerance policy on the island, and I wouldn't want you to have to punch yourself in the face.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Wow, the lance that the lancer uses is insanely annoying. Couldn't they have just given him a sword or something? Having absolutely no horizontal attack range other than a single point is just brutal in this kind of combat system.

I had the same reaction at level 1, when some random dueled me and I accepted. I heard they get a stun later, but after playing a Berserker it's very annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.
Eh, having less AoE damage is an acceptable trade for instant dungeon queues, fast leveling, decent DPS and all the other perks Lancers get. Just kite monsters in such a way that they're all stacked up in a single point and stab them to death.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

As a Slayer I have to really do this anyway, due to Overhead Strike attacking in a line. I made a Lancer yesterday just to have a quick play as them and was surprised that the lance hits 3 times at once. Felt pretty strong but I only played it very quickly to level 3 or whatever.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I was the one who suggested raising taxes to 15% in Ostgarath and turning off PvP in Arcadia. I'm sorry!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

Wow, the lance that the lancer uses is insanely annoying. Couldn't they have just given him a sword or something? Having absolutely no horizontal attack range other than a single point is just brutal in this kind of combat system.

You'll get some skills that will help with that. Shield Barrage has a pretty nice aoe and Wallop hits in a sizable cone. It's also worth noting that a lot of the narrower stuff will still hit multiple targets if they're clumped up enough.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

Bob NewSCART posted:

It takes getting used to, if you played monster hunter it's similar. Once you get some chained skills established it owns.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
It's really not bad, you just have to back up after you aggro some mobs to make them clump together. Once you get backstep it takes zero effort at all.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is there a way to walk backwards? Turning around and having your back facing the enemy is a pretty lovely thing.

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

Nechronic posted:

It's really not bad, you just have to back up after you aggro some mobs to make them clump together. Once you get backstep it takes zero effort at all.

Basically this. I've played 3 different characters past 30 and all of them were lancers.

I only remade for race because armor aesthetics!

Nonetheless, once you get you get a mount, life gets way easier. Just run around and horde a bunch of mobs together and then hop off your mount and poke away. You won't ever get close to dying and you destroy everything that chases you. Also, you can pretty easily solo BAMs early to mid game although it would take a while.

Don't give up lancer-bro!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Sweet, another PvP post to troll. I was pretty bummed that the others got locked down.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Good Citizen posted:

Sweet, another PvP post to troll. I was pretty bummed that the others got locked down.

"Sadly, this is the state of America today. Instead of letting free market PvP run it's course, a bunch of lazy low levels run crying to BIG VANARCHY to save them."

I kind of want to rile these people up more but I'm not in dgkk at the moment

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

Cizzo posted:

Basically this. I've played 3 different characters past 30 and all of them were lancers.

I only remade for race because armor aesthetics!

Nonetheless, once you get you get a mount, life gets way easier. Just run around and horde a bunch of mobs together and then hop off your mount and poke away. You won't ever get close to dying and you destroy everything that chases you. Also, you can pretty easily solo BAMs early to mid game although it would take a while.

Don't give up lancer-bro!

Shield bash + onslaught makes me feel like the pain train. It's funny to see your legs move so fast.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is there a way to walk backwards? Turning around and having your back facing the enemy is a pretty lovely thing.

Ummm just keep using D to run backwards? You may turn around but your attacks should go where your camera is facing, not the character.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Drakes posted:

Ummm just keep using D to run backwards? You may turn around but your attacks should go where your camera is facing, not the character.

You can also use your charge to run away from mobs instead of into them once you hit level 8.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

You'll get a backstep ability at some point (not sure exactly what level) that will allow you to leap backwards while still facing forward.

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
you get it a level 1 actually unless my lancer is special

Pooptimus Prime
Jun 12, 2005

Need I remind you!? The foolish receive no mercy...

cathead posted:

You'll get some skills that will help with that. Shield Barrage has a pretty nice aoe and Wallop hits in a sizable cone. It's also worth noting that a lot of the narrower stuff will still hit multiple targets if they're clumped up enough.

Yeah, Wallop is a lot of fun. Plus you get leashes to drag enemies in and arrange them all nicely to smash your shield into their skulls.

Alavaria...

quote:

#13 02/24/2013, 08:11 AM
NO PVP EVERRRRR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chsl6EID50Y

...I actually have a still-on-newbie-island Castanic zerker called No.Items.Ever

Now you've tempted me to actually get him to Lumbertown and send him hollering NO PVP EVERRRR at everyone. Quit motivating me to do things.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I bought a physical copy to get founder status, but by the time it shipped and showed up I had lost interest in the game. I have an unused copy for sale.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535389

Just looking to get what I spent back.

Trampy Vampy
Mar 21, 2008

It don't mean a thing,
If it ain't got that swing.
Is there a way to see the character creation sliders for one of your already-created characters? I'm getting back into this game and want to start afresh, but would like to skip the agonizing over sliders without using a default face.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

Just got booted from server, am I the only one? This same thing happened yesterday. Wonder if it has something to do with EME getting hacked.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I haven't been able to connect to it all day. It populates in the list, but I just can't connect.

fujifisher
Sep 3, 2006

Hi there!
I'm also not able to connect to any server. Getting a "Could not connect" message anytime I try to join one and sometimes when I hit refresh all the servers on the server list disappear.

Edit: There's a sticky post on their forums about it here

fujifisher fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 25, 2013

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
would a priest or mystic be better if you were going to level with 2 other people most of the time?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Is one of those people a Sorc? If so then Mystic if not then whatever you like better!

minibeasts
Oct 22, 2010
What exactly makes mystics hard to level? I'm level 21 and haven't really encountered any glaring issues.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Danith posted:

would a priest or mystic be better if you were going to level with 2 other people most of the time?

There are a lot of priests on the server so mystic gear are super cheap. We have like 0 mystics in our guild at 60 as well. Mystics give a crit and mana aura along with mana balls that makes DPS very happy. Priest however give very powerful buffs that make everyone happy. Mystics suck to solo so if you have people to level with pick a mystic. I wish I went mystic rather than priest. But I still do love my priest. Priest buffs and those circle heals are so nice. But I hear most groups prefer mystics.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

minibeasts posted:

What exactly makes mystics hard to level? I'm level 21 and haven't really encountered any glaring issues.

I think it's just the fact that it starts taking ages to kill anything after a while. Priests suffer from it a bit as well. It's not that you can't do the basic quests, it's just that it's going to take you longer than the other classes. Also, I'm not sure if mystics suffer from the same problem or not, but on a priest your damage options are highly limited and your solo rotation ends up just being the same couple of spells over and over. It's just boring. Also, you have no chance to solo any BAMs unless you want to spend literally about 45 minutes doing it.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I leveled a mystic to 60 mostly solo. It kinda sucked? Some other dudes would come by and just murder 5-10 mobs in the time it would take me to do a couple.

edit: also servers going down in ~10 minutes to try and fix the login issue.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
Can't decide if I want to xfer over my zerker or archer from another server. I hosed up and opened up my elite items on that server, so I need to xfer one of them over. Which of those 2 has more endgame potential, or is that even an issue? Both are lvl 20ish.

Edit: Servers are up.

Tarq fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 25, 2013

minibeasts
Oct 22, 2010
Oh god I see what you mean by slow. I just transferred my mystic and he's trying to kill red fangs and this is horrible. :arghfist::saddowns:

minibeasts fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 25, 2013

Bowrrl
Mar 12, 2011
I'm happy to be experiencing sort of the opposite. Back in the free beta thing I played a Mystic so I thought that was normal. Maybe a little slow, but hey it's a healer class. Now I am playing a berserker and it feels like the definition of :black101:.

Bowrrl fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 25, 2013

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Yeah after getting a priest to 60 I'm leveling a zerker now. I can't stop laughing at the fact I can round up every mob I need for a quest at once and slaughter them all in seconds. Also it feels good to play a class that can properly solo a BAM again.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Buhbuhj posted:

Yeah after getting a priest to 60 I'm leveling a zerker now. I can't stop laughing at the fact I can round up every mob I need for a quest at once and slaughter them all in seconds. Also it feels good to play a class that can properly solo a BAM again.

Well you can round up a ton of mobs on a priest as well, and just spam your two AoE skills on them over and over and hope that the cooldown reset on the second one keeps procing. It just takes forever, and you have to heal yourself for 30 seconds afterwards, then use your mana gains several times.

Unrelated, is there a reason why using retaliate always seems to get you stuck in combat for for 5-10 seconds after the fight ends? I find myself trying not to use it on normal mobs because then I'm stuck with no mount and slow walk afterwards.

DrCuntmuffins
Nov 10, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Just started getting into the game... And I am seriously liking it. Wish I had joined earlier...

Any inclinations that the game is flopping in F2P? I can really see myself playing this game for a while and I don't want to invest time (and probably money for Elite status) only to see the game die in a month or two :(

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

Well tried Kelsaik's Nest for the first time and that fight is stupid hard with a group of people who never seen the fight before. After 2 wipes my group threw in the towel. Didn't help that 2 people didn't speak a lick of english so explaining the strategy didn't help at all. I really just want to finish this quest so I can move onto other stuff.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

DrCuntmuffins posted:

Just started getting into the game... And I am seriously liking it. Wish I had joined earlier...

Any inclinations that the game is flopping in F2P? I can really see myself playing this game for a while and I don't want to invest time (and probably money for Elite status) only to see the game die in a month or two :(

As far as I can tell they're doing really well. There's really high player numbers, and people are using the cash shop a lot. There's tons of stuff on the broker that people bought for real game moneys, besides just using them themselves.

Edit: Also tons of people with Elite status (the subsciption)

Edit2: Re: Kelsaik: I still haven't done Kelsaik, on any of my characters =/ I've been meaning to now that my armor is better so I don't die so horribly quite so fast, but the fire/ice mechanic is really loving annoying, or it was when I tried it.

Zaq fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 25, 2013

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
The F2P launch could have been a lot worse. As for the companies' income I don't think they have any problems. I have the feeling an awful lot of people are still paying subscription.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

Phosphia posted:

The F2P launch could have been a lot worse. As for the companies' income I don't think they have any problems. I have the feeling an awful lot of people are still paying subscription.

Well it helps that the Elite stuff you get is actually really good.
The Village Atlas alone is pretty much worth it, and then you get three boosts as well.
(the mount is kinda useless, unless you somehow always wanted to have a nexus warhorse for some reason)

zazzix
Aug 29, 2012
Finally got this game working here in Okinawa... I'll send an apply once I decide which character I want to main.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Yeah i'm happy with elite, it's not nessesary to play at all but if you want to spend more time at the game it lets you be more efficient at doing it, whitch is how it should be.

• Locked thread