Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
The best thing about Sollux being alive, is that he can die again :getin:

Also I'm happy to finally see some Vriska and Aranea interaction outside of the Ministrife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Aradia's quip at the end made me giggle. Who can resist the humor of a billion dead Nepetas?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

SynthOrange posted:

Dead Nepeta count: a few billion

And Aradia's visited most of them.

drat, she's been everywhere.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I love the idea that Sollux being prototyped sucked the dead part out of this Sollux. It hadn't even occurred to me to think about what it would mean for this Sollux that he's been prototyped.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Vriska posted:

See? You just called them copies. Even you can't avoid accidentally using a pro8lematic slur which reveals that no matter what you 8elieve a8out your morals, deep down you're always gonna favor the original, while viewing all the others as duplic8tes of lesser value.

I take it Kankri's on board, then.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

TinTower posted:

I take it Kankri's on board, then.

Under the board, if there is any justice to be had.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Aradia looks so happy :3:

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
You know, if Nepeta and Feferi popped onto the boat next update, that would just be perfect.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
What shall we do with an awesome Vriska
Early in the morning?

(Whatever the gently caress she tells you to)

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Man, that Moby Dick speech from Meenah. "Call me Fishmael." Meenah wasn't my favorite troll before, but now she's really close.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

quote:

VRISKA: He's 8een chasing our "extended party" around the ring, 8lowing poo poo up with his monster 8reath, thus revealing the path to the treasure in the process.
VRISKA: I must say, for an evil mastermind, the guy is kind of a dope.
VRISKA: Supposedly his every move is a carefully calcul8ted ploy to assure his existence in the first place, yet here he is wrecking the joint like an oaf, unwittingly helping the hero find the weapon that will finally take him down.

Ok I'm all but convinced now that we're heading for the groundhog day scenario. Lord English is intentionally allowing himself to be defeated in the kid session, knowing full well that he will be born in the session they create. His existence is ensured and everyone is trapped in a circle, much like the one he made leading Vriska around. It fits perfectly with the "snake eating it's own tail" myth too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

lotus circle posted:

Ok I'm all but convinced now that we're heading for the groundhog day scenario. Lord English is intentionally allowing himself to be defeated in the kid session, knowing full well that he will be born in the session they create. His existence is ensured and everyone is trapped in a circle, much like the one he made leading Vriska around. It fits perfectly with the "snake eating it's own tail" myth too.

I really wouldn't be comfortable with LE winning this in any capacity, and that includes a planned-death scenario. Hoping the comic goes in a different direction than that.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
These characters (well, Vriska and Aranea) are acting a little too stupid. Hussie is laying it on way too drat thick that everyone is falling into a big trap.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 25, 2013

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

MrBims posted:

These characters (well, Vriska and Meenah) are acting a little too stupid. Hussie is laying it on way too drat thick that everyone is falling into a big trap.

Well, Meenah's acting basically like she always does, so...

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Oxxidation posted:

I really wouldn't be comfortable with LE winning this in any capacity, and that includes a planned-death scenario. Hoping the comic goes in a different direction than that.
Well, I'm sure it wouldn't end with just that. If it does go that way I'm sure there will be a way to discover the groundhog day scenario and then thwart it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MrBims posted:

These characters (well, Vriska and Meenah) are acting a little too stupid. Hussie is laying it on way too drat thick that everyone is falling into a big trap.

For all her posturing Vriska is pretty much causality's chump and Meenah immediately began her afterlife by seeing a universe-sundering monster and going "GONNA HARPOON DAT SUCKA."

They're not so much falling into the trap as doing a heartbreakingly beautiful swan dive into the trap while fireworks spelling YEAH!!!!!!!! go off in the background.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

For all her posturing Vriska is pretty much causality's chump and Meenah immediately began her afterlife by seeing a universe-sundering monster and going "GONNA HARPOON DAT SUCKA."

They're not so much falling into the trap as doing a heartbreakingly beautiful swan dive into the trap while fireworks spelling YEAH!!!!!!!! go off in the background.

Someone draw this. Seriously.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Actually meant to say Aranea, since she and Vriska have been the 'brains' behind this.

I mean, this is just nonsense, Vriska is being (predictably) obtuse thinking this is some outsmarting of LE, but one person who should know better about it isn't saying anything, and the other person who should know better about it is still completely ambiguous as to whose side she is on.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol at Tavros' mini-lance.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They're being tricked. Lord English doesn't make circles, he only approximate them, which we know to be a part of a deceptive strategy. Vriska and her crew believe in the fake circle like a bunch of suckers. In Cascade, Doc Scratch used that exact term when Gamzee asked him what they are, and because of his tendency to use as many obscure multiple meanings as possible, he was probably quoting Caliborn at the time. He's letting Vriksa lead him directly to whatever it is she's searching for.

I make note of the use of the word "suckers" but I don't think I understand it well enough yet to comment on the nature of the connection in the story. It refers both to those who are easily deceived and to lollipops, both of which are related to cherubs.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

quote:

VRISKA: No8ody can say that, is who. Least of all English, who as far as I know, can't actually speak so much as issue 8lood curdling roars that cleave the found8tions of reality itself.

GIRL.

YOU THERE. GIRL.

GIRL, QUIT ALL THIS SAILING AROUND.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
The Pirate Ghosts finding the only thing capable of defeating Lord English means Lord English also finding that thing. If it is Calliope's ghost, then they have the same goal toward different ends.

Rykert
Mar 13, 2010
Once they complete the circle, it will fall out of reality, I BET

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Rykert posted:

Once they complete the circle, it will fall out of reality, I BET

No, stupid, it's only a circle.

It'd have to be a sphere.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's just so much fun for these guys to have a casual conversation while all that poo poo is going down in the Alpha session. :allears:

If the treasure is back where they started, IE, that desert with all the wild horses, are we back to assuming the treasure is the ring that John has? I was guessing it was going to be Calliope, too, but we've seen no evidence that she is anywhere near the desert.

Watch, it'll end up being the horses, finally explaining Hussie's cryptic death line.

MrBims posted:

These characters (well, Vriska and Aranea) are acting a little too stupid. Hussie is laying it on way too drat thick that everyone is falling into a big trap.

Vriska's never been very good at avoiding traps. See: cue ball exploding in her face, going to face Jack Noir, etc. She's too confident in her own abilities to stop and think about these things.

KaosMachina posted:

Also, holy poo poo the Double Eye-Patches are brilliant.

Agreed.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I love it when Hussie displays his awareness of a problematic story issue then simultaneously shows that he giveth no shits about it. There's been murmurs about how full paradox space is with ghosts and how terrible it is that Lord English slaughtering his way through them is part of the plan, and here we have Sollux just hammering home that yes, that's what's going on, and no, no one cares. A billion dead Nepetas each as validly an individual as any other having their very souls murdered by rainbow rays, but whatevs. It's funny we've reached the point where killing ghosts is a major plot point when there used to be a time where the general belief was that those who died in a beta timeline didn't end up in the dreambubbles to limit the afterlife to "real" characters.

While that's probably meant to be the end of it, talking about collateral damage to the "army" just raises more questions. Is Vriska leaving little knots of ghosts in her wake, telling them to attack Lord English in a futile gesture so that when he kills them it leaves a fresh crack to navigate by?

Also yeah there is no chance that going in a big circle isn't Vriska getting played somehow, she talked it up as some boneheaded coincidence too much.

Edit: VVVVV He pops the bubbles in order to kill the ghosts, I thought?

Dolash fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 25, 2013

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Dolash posted:

While that's probably meant to be the end of it, talking about collateral damage to the "army" just raises more questions. Is Vriska leaving little knots of ghosts in her wake, telling them to attack Lord English in a futile gesture so that when he kills them it leaves a fresh crack to navigate by?

I thought the cracks were a result of the bubbles themselves being destroyed, not the ghosts in them?

Or am I missing something?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Ablative posted:

No, stupid, it's only a circle.

It'd have to be a sphere.

Someone obviously hasn't seen a universe tear in half before...

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001466

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Yeah I'm thinking it's not a coincidence that John got the ring just as LE started his circle and has now showed up again with it once the circle's almost complete.

Also I totally called it being Aradia and Sollux although double eye patches... blindsided me.

Also also as much as I hate to say it I hope Vriska shuts up a bit because I want to see some interactions with the other people. Like what do Aradia and Aranea have to say about how their names sound the same? It's a mystery we'll never solve because Vriska is really putting her Gift of Gab to good use.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
I find it interesting that Lord English has never spoken to Vriska. He talked to the young Handmaid. More evidence that this isn't the real Lord English? :tinfoil:

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Bobulus posted:

Someone obviously hasn't seen a universe tear in half before...

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001466

Different universe, bub.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Desfore posted:

Man, that Moby Dick speech from Meenah. "Call me Fishmael." Meenah wasn't my favorite troll before, but now she's really close.

I'm suddenly convinced that John is going to end up in a pool of blood with HIC's 2x3dent through his body, shortly after this intermission ends.

The tragic irony of Meenah's quest to harpoon John being only fulfilled by her tyrannical alternate-self is too perfect to leave on the table.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So Math posted:

I find it interesting that Lord English has never spoken to Vriska. He talked to the young Handmaid. More evidence that this isn't the real Lord English? :tinfoil:

Pretty sure they haven't been within talking range, because then they would be within "getting loving obliterated from reality" range.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

So Math posted:

He talked to the young Handmaid to get her attention. With Vriska there's no point to talk to her, when she's just leading him straight to what he wants.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Pretty sure they haven't been within talking range, because then they would be within "getting loving obliterated from reality" range.

Oh no, Talking Range is at least four bubbles closer than Blown The gently caress Up Range.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
So Gamzee prototyping the bodies kept their alpha ghosts safe from LE's wrath eh?

(woops sorry fefeta) Oh hey maybe Alpha Nepeta and Feferi will join the crew!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Wealth. Fame. Power.
The man who had achieved everything in life, like none before him, was the rogue author, Andrew Hussie.
The few words he spoke at his execution drove people the world over to take to the void:

"My treasure? If you want it, you can have it.
Seek it out! I left everything in my life at that place!"

(Trolls, bound for the Dream Bubbles, will chase after their dreams.)

The world is about to witness a Great Age of Stupidity--!\

Don't mind me, just amused at Homestuck becoming the other insanely long story about a bunch of pirates with weird powers going in a huge circle in order to recover an ill-defined treasure

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bobulus posted:

Don't mind me, just amused at Homestuck becoming the other insanely long story about a bunch of pirates with weird powers going in a huge circle in order to recover an ill-defined treasure

At least Homestuck has completed more than 9/10ths of their circle, nearly 15 loving years and the other guys are maybe 2/3rds done?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Dolash posted:

I love it when Hussie displays his awareness of a problematic story issue then simultaneously shows that he giveth no shits about it. There's been murmurs about how full paradox space is with ghosts and how terrible it is that Lord English slaughtering his way through them is part of the plan, and here we have Sollux just hammering home that yes, that's what's going on, and no, no one cares. A billion dead Nepetas each as validly an individual as any other having their very souls murdered by rainbow rays, but whatevs. It's funny we've reached the point where killing ghosts is a major plot point when there used to be a time where the general belief was that those who died in a beta timeline didn't end up in the dreambubbles to limit the afterlife to "real" characters.

Also yeah there is no chance that going in a big circle isn't Vriska getting played somehow, she talked it up as some boneheaded coincidence too much.

Edit: VVVVV He pops the bubbles in order to kill the ghosts, I thought?

Never mind failed timeline vs alpha ghosts, what about the ghosts of all the other sessions? Or are we to believe that the four universes (squiddle, troll, human and cherub) are the only ones in the meta-universe?

Also, in all this time floating around in the abyss, the squiddles have been awfully quiet.

PleasingFungus posted:

I'm suddenly convinced that John is going to end up in a pool of blood with HIC's 2x3dent through his body, shortly after this intermission ends.

The tragic irony of Meenah's quest to harpoon John being only fulfilled by her tyrannical alternate-self is too perfect to leave on the table.

Which would all be OK, since John is pretty good at dying stupidly, meaning he wouldn't be dead long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stayton
May 20, 2006

A girl who will put you in a full nelson is worth fighting for.

lotus circle posted:

Caliborn did promise us a lovely twist. I can't really think of one shittier than that.