Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Rythe posted:

I have a buddy who is getting ready to leave his job doing the Air Force Honor Guard and I wanted to get something different as a little gift for his going away present from the office. I took a look around and could not find a pre made Air Force Dress Blues style mini figure. Is there anybody you all might know that is able to design/paint some custom mini figures for me? Hopefully somebody you might have used before and can recommended to me.

Show me what kind of uniform you have in mind. I still have some blank waterslide decals from when I was playing around with customizations; and barring that I know Lego made a pilot minifig or two so we could see if anything comes close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

So Lego thread...I need to find a new place to rent unexpectedly and want to get rid of a few sets and minifigs. I'm in Kirkland, WA and would rather not have to ship but i can(discounts for people that can meet me in Kirkland). All sets are opened with instructions and no box. Adult owned so no bite marks, sticky bricks etc.

I have Pharaohs Quest 7327 Scorpion Pyramid. All pieces + minifigs. Thinking $55 shipped? RESERVED

Hagrid's Hut 4738. All pieces + minifigs(no Hermione though, gave that one to my niece) $20 shipped

Super Heroes 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape. All pieces + minifigs $12 shipped RESERVED

Super Heroes 6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase All pieces + minifigs $7 shipped(this set is really cool for the size) Edit: Can't find the manual for this one but it's online

LOTR and The Hobbit: 9469 Gandalf Arrives - $10 shipped and 79000 Riddles For The Ring - $8 shipped. Both have all pieces + Minifigs and Riddles has 2 of The One Ring.

Space Tripod Invader 7051 All pieces + minifigs - $18 shipped

Space Alien Defender 7050 All pieces + minifigs $9 shipped RESERVED

Most of my minifigs are Series 8, Going to count these tomorrow. If you need DJ's or Pirates i have at least 4 of each.

Feel free to tell me if i'm off on my pricing.

Minifigs are sold!

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 22, 2013

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Fragmented posted:

So Lego thread...I need to find a new place to rent unexpectedly and want to get rid of a few sets and minifigs. I'm in Kirkland, WA and would rather not have to ship but i can(discounts for people that can meet me in Kirkland). All sets are opened with instructions and no box. Adult owned so no bite marks, sticky bricks etc.

Super Heroes 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape. All pieces + minifigs $12 shipped

Can't meet you but I will take this off your hands shipped to 45320.

Also interested in what minifigs you have.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

AllisonByProxy posted:

Can't meet you but I will take this off your hands shipped to 45320.

Also interested in what minifigs you have.

Sold! Do you have IM?

Listing other minifigs now.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Saint Sputnik posted:

Show me what kind of uniform you have in mind. I still have some blank waterslide decals from when I was playing around with customizations; and barring that I know Lego made a pilot minifig or two so we could see if anything comes close.

Fragmented If you find yourself selling any City sets please let me know, I will probably buy any and all that I do not own.

Here is a few photos of the Honor Guard uniforms. This is the upper half, the jackets with all the add-ons, ribbons, rank, etc.

The rank on the arms would not be needed, all the ribbons and stuff can be just some random colors on the chest.

Here is the lower half, the pants.

Stuff like the gloves and the hat I am sure I can find white hand or paint them white. With the hat I am sure I can find a close approximation of the style and call it good enough. These where the biggest pictures I could find, hopefully you might be able to do something with it where the mini figure would come out looking like the uniform a bit.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Here is what I look like after all three trades that were mailed today :)

NEED
S4 – Ice Skater, Soccer Player, Surfer Girl

HAVE
S1 - Forestman, Caveman, Cheerleader, Skateboarder
S3 - Fisherman, Sumo Wrestler, Samurai (plus a bunch of sealed packets)
S4 - 2x Werewolf, 2x The Monster, Sailor
S5 - Gladiator, 2x Zookeeper, 2x Boxer, Royal Guard, Snowboarder, Detective, Small Clown
S6 - 2x Lady Liberty, Flamenco Girl
S7 - Viking Woman, Ocean King

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

djfooboo posted:

NEED

HAVE
S5 - Gladiator, 2x Zookeeper, 2x Boxer, Royal Guard, Snowboarder, Detective, Small Clown

I wouldn't mind a gladiator and forestman. Let me see if I have dupes of what you need.

e:

Rythe posted:

Here is a few photos of the Honor Guard uniforms.

This is the pilot's uniform minifig I was thinking of:
http://www.brickset.com/minifigs/?m=air043

He's been in a handful of sets, mostly larger ones with planes. Maybe you could track him down loose if that looks close enough. Otherwise I'll see about finding some better source images to work from.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 22, 2013

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

djfooboo posted:

NEED

HAVE

I have a Ice Skater to trade for your Werewolf.

Saint Sputnik If the hat was blue that would be a spot on looking hat at least, I took a look at the mini figures I had and from random City sets and anything else I could find but nothing matched our uniforms closely. I figured going a custom mini figure route might be the way to go if that was a option in the first place.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

djfooboo posted:

NEED

HAVE

How about the surfer girl for s3 fisherman?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Fragmented posted:

Hagrid's Hut 4738. All pieces + minifigs(no Hermione though, gave that one to my niece) $20 shipped

Super Heroes 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape. All pieces + minifigs $12 shipped

Super Heroes 6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase All pieces + minifigs $7 shipped(this set is really cool for the size) Edit: Can't find the manual for this one but it's online

Any discount for these three combined to 50677?

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

AllisonByProxy actually reserved 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape, forgot to update that in my post sorry. I could knock a couple bucks off of the other two combined though, so $25 for both.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Workin' on a thing. None of it's really done...the nose spire is going to pick up a straight rip-off of the wing lasers from the B-Wing bolted to the underside, and of course the body is a work in progress. Haven't even started the wings yet; they'll attach to the pins at the back of the spire and wind up being about half or so the length of the ship.

Or at least that's what the picture in my head says, we'll see how it turns out in reality. :buddy:

e: My first batch of parts for it from bricklink arrived today. :hellyeah:

mynnna fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 23, 2013

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Fragmented posted:

AllisonByProxy actually reserved 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape, forgot to update that in my post sorry. I could knock a couple bucks off of the other two combined though, so $25 for both.

If it's still available, I'd be glad to give you $20 for Hagrid's Hut to Ohio.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Oops, sorry for late reply:

Rythe posted:

I have a Ice Skater to trade for your Werewolf.

Deal, PM or djfoobooatyahoodotcom

DrChud posted:

How about the surfer girl for s3 fisherman?

Deal, PM or djfoobooatyahoodotcom

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Fragmented posted:

I'll take them, PM sent.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

I'm kind of remembering why there was a separate thread for fig trades, all of a sudden.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

My entry for the Bi-Weekly build off, in the Roman/Greek/Classical category.
A quick and simple Greek-style temple.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

el burbo posted:

This is really good.

Your typical Lego fighter pilot only wishes he got such a well appointed cockpit. :D

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I'll just post some quick series 9 trades since I got a pile of them today (and of course 3 doubles)

Have:
Plumber
Movie Star
Armored Alien

Want:
Chicken Guy
Waiter
Dr. Jekyll

I'd like to mail out and receive more than just one figure so if we're partway there PM me and we can discuss other sets

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wow, the Farnesworth house may be the most tedious build yet. 500 pieces and half of them are 1x1 white tiles, and some steps are simply "cover this 6x8 plate with 1x1s."

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

When was the last time shop.lego.com has had a decent sale? Seems there isn't anything good there when I check.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

djfooboo posted:

When was the last time shop.lego.com has had a decent sale? Seems there isn't anything good there when I check.

When's the last time Apple had a sale? The two companies have extreme demand for their products, and are huge market leaders, so it is not like they really need sales off of their official site. Best you will see is like their "May the Forth Be With You" sale where they take like 5% off max.

It's the resellers (Target, TRU, etc) that are forced to buy entire product theme lines from Lego that will have the sales to get rid of stock to make new shelf space for new sets.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You're better off looking out for discounts in physical Lego stores. They want to clear their shelves as much as any other store, so sets that hang around too long will get reduced. My local one had a bunch of reduced Winter Village Cottages (from £90 to £63) which I might have to buy now and put away for Xmas, when the price will go back up.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You don't really see sales at the official lego site, what you do see pretty often though is free shipping and/or double VIP points, which they usually do sometime in Spring I think.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

smackfu posted:

Wow, the Farnesworth house may be the most tedious build yet. 500 pieces and half of them are 1x1 white tiles, and some steps are simply "cover this 6x8 plate with 1x1s."

I wasn't too keen on it, and it's not the best depiction close-up. The scale seems wrong and it just seems unfinished. It looks awesome on a shelf, though. It was on Amazon for like $25 a few days ago, which is a lot better than the full retail that I paid. It's definitely no Fallingwater (which also has its tedious parts), but it's good enough at $25.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Sorry for not posting the build-off end post yet.
I was busy with loads of other stuff and will be busy for most of today, so i'm slapping a one day extension on the build-off. deadline is now tonight midnight.
I'll attempt to get the post done tonight!
Awesome builds everyone!

Also voting, stop forgetting to vote!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

rickiep00h posted:

It was on Amazon for like $25 a few days ago, which is a lot better than the full retail that I paid. It's definitely no Fallingwater (which also has its tedious parts), but it's good enough at $25.

Yeah I got it on Amazon for $35 rather than list of $60 which seems very excessive.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

AzMiLion posted:

I was busy with loads of other stuff and will be busy for most of today, so i'm slapping a one day extension on the build-off. deadline is now tonight midnight.
Awesome builds everyone!

Yessssss I can still get mine in.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Check out Five Below right now, most stores have the current Minifigures series, plus several bagged sets:

- A mini train from Harry Potter
- An Orc from Lord of the Rings
- A Republic Cruiser from the Star Wars prequels
- A Harry Potter minifigure with a spell shelf or something

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Made a thing (just a thing, not really for the build off!)

Still surrounded by debris from the build. The wings are a lot more fragile than they look (or maybe just as fragile as they look). It kinda harms the swooshiness of it. :(

Which is a pity, since the vectored thrust would imply it should swoosh quite well!

Functioning landing gear, and landing gear doors.

The only thing missing is a big ol' :black101: laser cannon to sling under the nose, but I don't have all the parts I need for it yet.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."
Ooo I like that. Wasn't sure what it was going to look like in the end from your in progress picture but it has a nice Classic Space feel to it.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Y'know, now that you mention it, it kinda does. Pure coincidence though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Blue, grey and trans yellow. Coincidence, suuuure.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Two trans yellow cheese blocks meant to be lights or something does not a theme ripoff make :v:

But no really it's grey because I have lots of grey and it's blue because I arbitrarily picked blue instead of dark grey or something

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

AzMiLion posted:

Awesome builds everyone!

I was so happy to see this when I got home from work and started rendering my aqualab. Twelve hours later and it's at 56%. Derp derp.

And an alternate top contraption thing where the air and water gets circulated:

I vote for future city! Gonna build some Anno 2770 shiz.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

:siren:Build-off over!:siren:

Captain Magic posted:

I vote for post-apocalyptic and historical/futuristic anachronisms for next round.

SlimPickens posted:

And then it would go better with this.

I apparently ran out of ideas for the left arm at the time.

SlimPickens posted:

Generally only follow this thread on occasion, just discovered this biweekly building event.
Had never tried to make a decent sphere before so this was the obvious choice.
It's dubbed: Self-Propelled-Bathysphere-type-thing...

In retrospect it has orange rivets and appears to be made of wood, which is silly.

MaliciousOnion posted:

Another build-off entry

el burbo posted:

I hope i didn't miss anything. apart from that loving awesome sealab thing in the previous post, would be a bit overkill to link that as well.
Amazing builds everyone!
Including my votes and the other votes there's two themes for this week that came out on top wich should make for awesome builds!

:siren:Goon bi-Weekly Build off 5: It's a good day to build hard.:siren:
The bi-weekly LEGOONS Build-off is a way to keep developing your skill with LEGO in whatever form you work with it, whether it’s real bricks, LDD, MLDCAD or some other way. Every two weeks there will be a theme posted in which you can participate and build MOCs fitting to that theme.

How do I participate?
Simple, state in a post that you are participating in one of the themes and post progress shots or a finished MOC once you are done.
We also have a flickr group set up for this now. it's right here

Theme voting
At the start of each build-off I’ll be posting the current theme(s) and a list of options for the next themes, if you prefer a theme you can cast a vote for the next theme! You can cast a total of two votes, since there are two themes per period. If there's not enough votes for two clear winners i shall roll a dice on the current themes and end up with two for the weeks!

Is it a :toxx:
No, toxxes are unfun.

Themes for these two weeks!
-Lego City sets 50 years from now
-Post-apocalyptic / Dystopian
Time to get lego blade runner up in here!

:siren:Deadline:siren:
The deadline for this build-off is March 10th! - I totally hosed up the date on the last one i think. whatever.
Once you post a finished MOC, also post two themes you would like to see next from the list below!, everybody gets to cast two votes!

Next period theme possibilities
-Modern War
-Interior Decorations
-Cargo / Delivery
-Industry / Manufacturing
-Nature
-Mix historic and futuristic themes: Space feudalism and medieval astronauts
-Hollywood (Movie sets, partial scenery, filmmakers, actors and crew)
-Ninjago of the future!
-Bionicle!(don't hate me)

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Torael_7 posted:

Still surrounded by debris from the build. The wings are a lot more fragile than they look (or maybe just as fragile as they look). It kinda harms the swooshiness of it. :(

Reworked the attachment points for the wings and reinforced the attachment for the nose spire. The wings are a bit further out from the body now, but the whole assembly is much sturdier overall. Also added nose gear since it was so front heavy it was tipping forward. :o:

Also added the monster laser cannon, the basic design for which I totally did not rip off from the UCS B-Wing I totally did

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

mattfl posted:

I'd be interested in the green grocer/cafe!!

Does it normally take over four months for things to ship from Florida to Iowa?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Arkannoyed posted:

Does it normally take over four months for things to ship from Florida to Iowa?

I swear, something happened in the last few months with the postal system in Canada and the US that slowed it way down. Prior to November of last year, I could get anything in North America shipped to me in Vancouver in about 10 business days, even with the slowest shipping option from Canada Post or USPS. Since November though, every package I've been expecting that shipped standard shipping has taken 45 to 60 days to arrive. I've never had packages take that long in my life, no matter where I was living in Canada at the time. But in the last 4 months, I've had 13 packages take almost two months to get to me.

Combine that with the recent giant-fuckoff price increases from USPS, and shipping packages is almost becoming a luxury service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also, gas price increases, and the turmoil in the US postal system including the shutting down of Saturday deliveries, and you've got a real mess for shipping things.