Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Peanut President posted:

I don't think sadbrains are LF. LF had Redguard and Al-Aqsa.
Sadbrains was from LF's non-political chat thread, I think. Turns out the forum for getting mad about politics & society had a lot of unhappy people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

What's with Abe's new BRCT?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

cowboythreespeech posted:

He broke the rules in QCS and got in big trouble.
(thread in question had a one-suggestion-per-page rule and Abe broke it)

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

cowboythreespeech posted:

He broke the rules in QCS and received it as a punishment.

Edit: gently caress

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Seoinin posted:

Sadbrains was from LF's non-political chat thread, I think. Turns out the forum for getting mad about politics & society had a lot of unhappy people.

Oh I never read that thread. :tipshat:

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Hey, thanks!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
What did PHIZ stand for?

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Suspicious Dish posted:

What did PHIZ stand for?

Pretentious Hipster Irony Zone.

tzorilla
Jul 23, 2007
From a couple of pages back

Bhodi posted:

It's specifically from this image, which was then stitched together to make a frog rave:

I think I saw somewhere that it got printed out poster size. Which is pretty neat, I'd put that on my wall.

Yes, that would be me. Size A0:

Everdraed made the original image.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

tzorilla posted:

I would make a doormat out of this.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

tzorilla posted:

And SynthOrange made the avatar version.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3457178&pagenumber=109&perpage=40#post402596826

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Wizard of Smart posted:

I would make a doormat out of this.

And I'd buy the hell out of it. That'd be pretty cool to have.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Will someone explain to me where "Gimme dem pizza pies" came from? Examples: the ATDRW wiki and Mr. Sloth's avatar.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
What the gently caress is up with Telex's red title? It seems pretty bizarre.

Also is :wcw: a wrestling thing? It looks like a wrestling thing.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah, WCW was a wrestling promotion with horrible business practices and poo poo writers that crumbled and was bought out by WWE in like 2001.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Improbable Lobster posted:

What Forceholy said, plus the little crying guy is Sting, who was probably their most loyal/popular guy.

Captain combat bear
Aug 15, 2009

by T. Finninho
Cross posting from the request an image thread because someone here might know.

Captain combat bear posted:

Was there ever dog siren Smilie? Like :frogsiren: but with :regd09: I'm pretty sure I saw someone post something like that one time and I'm starting to think it was just an image.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Been meaning to ask this for a while: why did Goons With Spoons become Goons With Chickencheese after the upgrade?

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
There was a thread about chicken cheese (like a Philly cheese steak but with chicken) that turned quickly into madness, chickencheese took over every thread, people took sides on the chickencheese issue, eventually there was a cookoff between opposing camps. The pro-chickencheese side won so the thread spent a day in every subforum on the site, got sticked, and eventually ended up in the goldmine. The forum title wasn't officially part of the challenge but that's where it's from.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

It's got a fairly detailed SAclopedia entry if you want to know more.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Thanks; I don't know how I managed to miss this.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, I noticed that Raoul Duke says "Get in" to the hitchhiker and makes the exact same grin as :getin:. Was that the inspiration?

poopy pee pee
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a nice guy, hoping to have some fun on these forums, Lol

Benny the Snake posted:

Watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, I noticed that Raoul Duke says "Get in" to the hitchhiker and makes the exact same grin as :getin:. Was that the inspiration?

I think Synthy made it. The grin is the mouth from the trollface.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

No godddamn it. I made the get in frog and it has nothing to do with soccer or whatever the gently caress. I literally put trollface teeth on that green frog smiley and added the opposite phrase usually associated with it because I'm a loving retard. Someone reposted it. YOSPOS removed the whitespace, animated it, and bought both versions. The original can be seen here: :rms:. Thank you.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEjdihKnYk

I swear to god, were we the one who started the trend of naming things title.fileformat to hilariously understate the jokes :allears:. Like tribute.avi or swap.avi

(courtesy of gamers2.txt thread)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Holy poo poo no way that's real.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Phobophilia posted:

I swear to god, were we the one who started the trend of naming things title.fileformat to hilariously understate the jokes :allears:. Like tribute.avi or swap.avi
I don't know, but I do know that youtube defaults your video title to the filename, extension included.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Peanut President posted:

Holy poo poo no way that's real.

It's very real. The original video was taken down after the idiot realized what he had done.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
I am an idiot and don't understand what the relevance of that video is.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Splizwarf posted:

It's not a Skyrim reference.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Splizwarf posted:

The Battle of Wounded KneeWounded Knee Massacre is a very real event that the 7th cavalry took part in. It's most definitely not a reference to the NPC chatter in Skyrim where they talk about how they used to be an adventurer too, until they took an arrow to the knee.

e: sonofa

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Splizwarf posted:

Wounded Knee is an actual place where some stuff happened, and was not, amazingly enough, named after the Skyrim reference.

As for what it has to do with smileys? :iiam:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Oh haha, learned something (lovely) today. In case anyone's wondering, Wounded Knee is not part of the American public education curriculum. It's not really a surprise that he hosed it up, the Skyrim meme is the only thing I would have thought of too. Most young Americans probably wouldn't find out about the massacre anymore unless they go into history education or Native American Studies in college. :(

Even Centralia is more likely to be on the radar.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

It's not? I definitely covered it in school, although not in any great depths.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

No, it's totally covered in most schools.

You either went to a crappy school or didn't pay attention.

It was kind of a big deal.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Splizwarf posted:

Oh haha, learned something (lovely) today. In case anyone's wondering, Wounded Knee is not part of the American public education curriculum. It's not really a surprise that he hosed it up, the Skyrim meme is the only thing I would have thought of too. Most young Americans probably wouldn't find out about the massacre anymore unless they go into history education or Native American Studies in college. :(

HAHAHAHAhahah

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The game also goes into some detail about Wounded Knee (or at the very least mentions it a few more times). Not that I'm surprised that an internet personality of some type rushed to upload something two seconds after sticking the disk in.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

The game also goes into some detail about Wounded Knee (or at the very least mentions it a few more times). Not that I'm surprised that an internet personality of some type rushed to upload something two seconds after sticking the disk in.

Even better: after everyone was making fun of him, the original uploader took down the video. The one linked above was reuploaded by Ken Levine himself, the game's lead designer.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Splizwarf posted:

It gets rather well explained in the game too, though. Unless he thought a rather large part of the player character's backstory was a really elaborate Skyrim reference too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Splizwarf posted:

In case anyone's wondering, Wounded Knee is not part of the American public education curriculum... Most young Americans probably wouldn't find out about the massacre anymore unless they go into history education or Native American Studies in college. :(

Dude, what the gently caress? Neither of these statements is remotely true.