Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It does explain why her character wanted plastic surgery in Burn After Reading :v: I do like that drawing style though, apart from the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lizard Combatant posted:

Also, this film looks hideous. Not just the giants, but everything.

I feel it would be passable if the giants didn't look so crap. It's like someone leaned over the modeler's shoulder and screamed "I don't care whether it looks remotely like it actually fits in a realistic landscape, PILE ON MORE loving GRIME AND GRIT"

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The original poster is already fantastic. You can't improve on perfection :colbert:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

QuoProQuid posted:

I have yet to see any advertisements for Jack the Giant Slayer anywhere. I wouldn't even know the movie was coming out if it weren't for this thread.

There have been trailers in theaters for a bit. If you think it looks poo poo in poster, hoo-boy you should see it on the big screen.

IMDB posted:

The ancient war between humans and a race of giants is reignited when Jack, a young farmhand fighting for a kingdom and the love of a princess, opens a gateway between the two worlds.

Stars:Nicholas Hoult, Stanley Tucci, Ewan McGregor

E: It's Ewan; Ewan is the giant.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

penismightier posted:

Yup that's the spitting image of Frances McDormand.

You know if you put a sentence like "I have to buy a new washer and dryer" into babelfish and take it through a few languages it comes back as "Must face touch lemon truck ham"?

It's like that, only it was photo-wood carving-cave painting-cross stitch-gorilla fingerpainting-anime.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

kiimo posted:

Same team that did Cloud Atlas so... draw your own conclusions.

Cloud Atlas has great trailers, so they nailed that aspect.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wasn't throwing that marketing team under the bus and I realize it kinda sounds like it in my post. That team gets a lot of movies that are kind of a difficult sell because they're the newest team. Cloud Atlas was a weird campaign and just between me and you so is this one in my opinion.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cloud Atlas had an amazing trailer. This movie has absolutely nothing grabbing my interest. Like I still don't get why this movie was made. Once Upon a loving Time did a better jack/beanstalk movie in a tv episode.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, that movie was all hype, no payoff. All the pre-release stuff had me really interested in how it was going to turn out. It seemed like it was gonna be one of the most creative films in a while. Then I watched it and it was a loving chore to sit through. I can't in good conscience recommend it to anyone.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The book felt like somebody who wanted to write genre fiction but wasn't self-assured enough to do it unpretentiously so they did the frame story to dry and add depth. I enjoyed the book and the movie but neither really lives up to the initial sales pitch.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah, that movie was all hype, no payoff. All the pre-release stuff had me really interested in how it was going to turn out. It seemed like it was gonna be one of the most creative films in a while. Then I watched it and it was a loving chore to sit through. I can't in good conscience recommend it to anyone.

... Cloud Atlas? Or Jack?

The "looked like it was gonna be one of the most creative films in a while" is throwing me off Jack.

The "loving chore to sit through" is throwing me off Cloud Atlas.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dissapointed Owl posted:

... Cloud Atlas? Or Jack?

The "looked like it was gonna be one of the most creative films in a while" is throwing me off Jack.

The "loving chore to sit through" is throwing me off Cloud Atlas.

Cloud Atlas, sorry :v:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Cloud Atlas, sorry :v:

How strange. I thought it was extremely (miraculously, even) well paced and each individual story was interesting (to varying degrees) enough in its own right.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dissapointed Owl posted:

How strange. I thought it was extremely (miraculously, even) well paced and each individual story was interesting (to varying degrees) enough in its own right.

I tend to enjoy framed stories like that, especially so when they conjure up palpable atmosphere, which is what I was sure Cloud Atlas would do before its release. Then I watched it and I was bored to tears :geno:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I sure hope Mighty Joe Jon the Black Blonde shows up in that Spring Breakers movie.

ZackHoagie
Dec 25, 2007

now eat him.
I wish Jerry Minor got more work period.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Best poster for Spring Breakers yet.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Now that's a goddamn poster.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

zenintrude posted:

This movie cost almost $200 million and it looks like a budget PC game...

Biggest flop of 2013, hands down.

The title is also one of those things that will end up being used in a bunch of horrible puns, like "more like Jack the Career Slayer!"

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

The unicorn on the balaclava ties the whole thing together.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

This wasn't on my radar. Now it's dead center.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I don't get the anticipation for this movie, all the marketing has had the opposite effect on me. I never want to see this movie ever.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I still feel like the one at night with the girl on the dock is better. This new poster feels kind of bright and colorful which makes me think it's a comedy.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!

Captain McStabbin posted:

I still feel like the one at night with the girl on the dock is better. This new poster feels kind of bright and colorful which makes me think it's a comedy.
There should be a blood splatter on the sheet.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

casa de mi padre posted:

There should be a blood splatter on the sheet.

First thing I thought of when I saw the shoes.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Pretty cool, but is it a reference or a ripoff of this excellent poster:

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

Pretty cool, but is it a reference or a ripoff of this excellent poster:

No, people take these kinds of photos all the time now. Their little "this is what I travel with teehee" photos.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Don't know what this is about, but the poster makes it look like a fun time. I'll go see it!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, the execution of the two posters may be similar but the concept couldn't be more different.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Do people really bring an extra pair of shorts and shoes for... heists or whatever?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Do people really bring an extra pair of shorts and shoes for... heists or whatever?

I think the idea is that that's what the character brought to Spring Break, not to a heist.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

So she brought a gun and knuckle dusters to Spring Break? That gets crazier, man.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I'd love to see that done with the stuff from the emergency kit in Dr. Strangelove as a fake poster for the movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Vegetable posted:

So she brought a gun and knuckle dusters to Spring Break? That gets crazier, man.

I could be wrong, but from the trailer I got the impression that the girls are planning a heist so they can afford to go to their Spring Break location.

And what kind of person wouldn't want to bring brass knuckles to a heist?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

God, you're all so literal.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

MikeJF posted:

God, you're so figurative.

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012

MikeJF posted:

I don't see any tampons or sanitary pads on there. What girl would travel without them? What an unrealistic poster!

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
God, you're so omnibenevolent.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God, here's another Tyler Perry poster

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'd like this a lot more if there was no face. A snake in the shape of an apple is symbolism enough, the face just muddles it all up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

As a thumbnail I thought this was a bowel diagram.

e: albeit an upside down one