Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Holy poo poo...Savage Lee just drop the goddamn Unkempt Harold already. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MalleusDei posted:

Holy poo poo...Savage Lee just drop the goddamn Unkempt Harold already. gently caress.

Did you buy the Torgue DLC? You could just buy a level 50 from a machine.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

MalleusDei posted:

Yeah, just connect to the internet before you start BL2 and it'll hotfix the lvl 48 Torgue vending machine legendaries to lvl 50 ones. Just keep reloading 'till ya get it. Then bring in a character with a second controller, dupe the weapon, dashboard out, and proceed to buy ALL the Torgue legendaries :getin:

\/\/\/EDIT\/\/\/

MalleusDei posted:

Yeah, I was hoping not to have to buy the DLC just for a legendary or two...

Eh, yeah, the DLCs are nothing too game changing, to be honest. Only buy 'em if you feel like you want more game to chew through. I got suckered in by noted turn-of-the-century huckster-showman Randy Pritchford and bought the season pass. Soooort of regret it, I guess, but I probably would have bought the stuff eventually anyways, 'cuz I love this game.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 25, 2013

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Speedboat Jones posted:

Did you buy the Torgue DLC? You could just buy a level 50 from a machine.

Yeah, I was hoping not to have to buy the DLC just for a legendary or two...

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Monkey Fracas posted:

Eh, yeah, the DLCs are nothing too game changing, to be honest. Only buy 'em if you feel like you want more game to chew through. I got suckered in by noted turn-of-the-century huckster-showman Randy Pritchford and bought the season pass. Soooort of regret it, I guess, but I probably would have bought the stuff eventually anyways, 'cuz I love this game.

I enjoyed everything before Big Game Hunt. Its more of the same but the story and characters were entertaining enough that I didn't mind. Big Game Hunt feels much more lonely and the very basic game play structure really comes through when you don't have Mr Torgue screaming guitar noises at you.

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
Killed Bewm Boom 10 times or so and got a Sticky Longbow bonus package. :haw:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
So I'm grinding Hyperious for a level 50 explosive PBFG. This means however that I'm getting legendary drops that I don't need nor really want. If you want a specific gun/grenade/class mod just post what you want and I'll keep an eye out for it. Here's what I've gotten so far:
Norfleet
Shreddifier
Hornet(Twin)(x2)
Sledge's Shotgun
Railer
Kiss of Death
Stormfront

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

So I'm grinding Hyperious for a level 50 explosive PBFG. This means however that I'm getting legendary drops that I don't need nor really want. If you want a specific gun/grenade/class mod just post what you want and I'll keep an eye out for it. Here's what I've gotten so far:
Norfleet
Shreddifier
Hornet(Twin)(x2)
Sledge's Shotgun
Railer
Kiss of Death
Stormfront
You do know PBFGs can't be explosive right?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

You do know PBFGs can't be explosive right?

I did not. I haven't seen one yet either.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

I did not. I haven't seen one yet either.
There's no explosive E-tech guns as far as I know. There are non-elementals which seem to be rarer than the loving Infinity, though.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

There's no explosive E-tech guns as far as I know. There are non-elementals which seem to be rarer than the loving Infinity, though.

Wish I knew that earlier. I had a Maximum dart with no effect that I threw away because I hate darts.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kifisonfire posted:

The extremely rare non-elemental Dart and Spikers deal explosive damage, for some reason.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Father Wendigo posted:

You're still talking about Salvador, right? I'm going to assume you are.

You're at 5, which means you can finally Gunzerk - let's talk about that. When you Gunzerk, you're going to start regenerating ammo and get something like 50% of your health healed back. You also get a little damage reduction, but it's negligible. You're going to want to drop the action skill when you're hurting a little bit; shields down and maybe a third or more of your health gone. Two, you can't charge into combat - you're still supposed to be doing things at range (for now, at least). At the start of the game, pistols offer decent damage output and accuracy without zooming, and ammo isn't too hard to find. Most sniper rifles offer better damage and they're accurate enough to hit most things without zooming, but they take up most of your field of vision and ammo is only in the double digits. As for rifles, shotguns, and SMGs - they're great for crowd control while 'zerking, but against any single enemy you'll be missing half of the time unless you're within punching distance - and you probably don't want to be there.

edit: Hah, my live subscription card just came in the mail. What's your gamertag?

Thanks for the offer, but I have a poo poo connection and no Gold Account. Can I still trade items or use SHIFT codes? I'm sticking with Salvador and using this build: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=149846

I've put 5 ranks into Hard to Kill, and the penalty for death is negligible, so I feel like I'm doing fine. I missed the Thre Dog drop from the assassin side quest, though, so can I still pick it up? And are Green weapons always better than White? I have a White shotgun that deals an extra 11% damage, but like my character I'm horrible at math so I don't know if its worth keeping.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Fag Boy Jim posted:

The extremely rare non-elemental Dart and Spikers deal explosive damage, for some reason.
I heard it throws up yellow numbers but I don't know if it's actual explosive damage (Like splash damage). If so then it's loving weird. I'd love to get my hands on one to play around with it.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Count Chocula posted:

Thanks for the offer, but I have a poo poo connection and no Gold Account. Can I still trade items or use SHIFT codes? I'm sticking with Salvador and using this build: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=149846

I've put 5 ranks into Hard to Kill, and the penalty for death is negligible, so I feel like I'm doing fine. I missed the Thre Dog drop from the assassin side quest, though, so can I still pick it up? And are Green weapons always better than White? I have a White shotgun that deals an extra 11% damage, but like my character I'm horrible at math so I don't know if its worth keeping.

(1) I'm afraid not. I tried to use SHIFT codes when I was silver, and you literally can't. It won't let you. It's absolute horseshit.

(2) The Penalty for death is indeed negligible.

(3) You can farm ALL of the assassins for their drops; also the red chests. That said, the levels for the THRE DOG are static at level 15.

(4) Time for some borderlands arithmetic.

i. White < EVERYTHING NOT WHITE.

ii. Level X << Level X+1.

iii. And finally, Color <<< Level.

IN CONCLUSION: Always be on the lookout for better colors and higher levels.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Count Chocula posted:

All else being equal, the green will be better. But generally you're gonna come across guns you won't want to use and some type of weapons are just better than others for gunzerking.

Early in the game use whatever you get, but you'll quickly find out if you like Jakobs Pistols or Hyperion Pistols better, and a gun you're more comfortable with will perform better than the gun that has better stats.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Color <<< Level is true, but it's not that big a deal in the early levels of Playthrough I. Around the 40s is when the exponential growth starts to really, really kill you if you're using even a really good gun that's one level down. At 50, I've seen white guns completely outclass Level 48 purples.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
The colors of rarity go: white, green, blue, purple, magenta, orange. All red text weapons(unique/legendary) are either blue or orange. All unique weapons earned as a reward for a quest are blue. All etech weapons use 2 ammo per shot no matter what(my railer has 6 capacity but can only fire 3 shots because of this). Legendary(orange) weapons are usually the best weapons in the game and can drop anywhere but specific weapons have a better drop rate with specific characters( I.e. been boom drops the bonus package at higher rate but can also drop a stormfront).

Pink weapons are dlc guns bought from seraph vendors with seraph crystals. Seraph crystals drop from dlc raid bosses.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Because I want to be an rear end in a top hat, I'd like to point out that at least one purple unique quest-reward item exists (Deadly Bloom), and one orange quest-reward item exists (Flame of the Firehawk).

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

You also get a purple head for checking on Jack's grandma.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Because I want to be an rear end in a top hat, I'd like to point out that at least one purple unique quest-reward item exists (Deadly Bloom), and one orange quest-reward item exists (Flame of the Firehawk).

I forgot about the deadly bloom, but I'm reading the wiki and there is apparently a hidden purple unique shield called the cracked sash. Are you sure about the flame? I have level 50 one that I'm pretty sure is a blue.

E: love thumper is another unique purple. What mission is the head one?

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 26, 2013

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Neo Helbeast posted:

Legendary(orange) weapons are usually the best weapons in the game and can drop anywhere but specific weapons have a better drop rate with specific characters( I.e. been boom drops the bonus package at higher rate but can also drop a stormfront).

I assume the Stormfront is white?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Count Chocula posted:

Heh, yeah I don't think they gave too much thought to the name on that one.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Count Chocula posted:

It's a legendary grenade mod the drops from the not-TMNT(Tannis's escaped test subjects mission): http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Front

E: I made a video of what I feel is the fastest way to grind in the entire game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4OvPq-AVvo

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 26, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Neo Helbeast posted:

It's a legendary grenade mod the drops from the not-TMNT(Tannis's escaped test subjects mission): http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Front

E: I made a video of what I feel is the fastest way to grind in the entire game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4OvPq-AVvo

What, no bee shield? :smug:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Neo Helbeast posted:

Would you be able to bring someone else who isn't level 50 in to boost off that?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

Would you be able to bring someone else who isn't level 50 in to boost off that?

Yeah. Running into the gate before activating it apparently tricks the game into thinking you have 4 players, so that's Hyperious's 4-player health.

burntpork posted:

What, no bee shield? :smug:

Hoplite for life :smuggo:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rough Rider :colbert:

Constant 77% ROF increase 4 life. (it also works really well on Maya)

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Does Gwen's Head stop spawning after you find the first one in The Dust, or can you get multiples? The wiki seems torn about this, so I'm polling here.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

Does Gwen's Head stop spawning after you find the first one in The Dust, or can you get multiples? The wiki seems torn about this, so I'm polling here.

You can get multiple. If you're farming them, go to Lychwood and exit into The Dust. The box sometimes spawns to the right of the stairs.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Was it a hotfix or a title update that patched Pyro Pete to be once a day?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

I forgot about the deadly bloom, but I'm reading the wiki and there is apparently a hidden purple unique shield called the cracked sash. Are you sure about the flame? I have level 50 one that I'm pretty sure is a blue.

E: love thumper is another unique purple. What mission is the head one?
Flame is definitely orange. Also the Bad Touch and Bone Shredder are purple uniques too, although I understand why no one posted the last one.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I chased down Jack to this insane Badass Constructor while solo last night and I'm at level 29 on my first playthrough. I died around 30 times before giving up and just trying to run my rear end to the next door without a fight.
I made it into Hero's Pass [I think it was called] and I'm in a sudden fight against a flying lavamonster. Is this seriously the end of the first game? I'm in serious need to get to level 30 for some weapons and shields but otherwise I think I could take this on with my Mechromancer.
Veterans' thoughts?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jake Blues posted:

I chased down Jack to this insane Badass Constructor while solo last night and I'm at level 29 on my first playthrough. I died around 30 times before giving up and just trying to run my rear end to the next door without a fight.
I made it into Hero's Pass [I think it was called] and I'm in a sudden fight against a flying lavamonster. Is this seriously the end of the first game? I'm in serious need to get to level 30 for some weapons and shields but otherwise I think I could take this on with my Mechromancer.
Veterans' thoughts?

I would say you have to be at least level 30 to stand a chance against the Warrior.

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

Jake Blues posted:

Veterans' thoughts?
I had a Vladof sniper rifle for those goddamn "Badass Constructor"-enemies. The rifle shots like an entire magazine of 15 shots in 3 seconds but after 6 seconds of criticals just about any constructor is dead.

For the warrior I had the shield-passive for Deathbot and the "+5 seconds to duration on kill and +% to melee damage", took forever to kill the warrior but my bot tanked it the whole time (and I was at 90% shields the whole time). There are a ton of piddly enemies that can be one-shot by bot and yourself. I stayed to the side on the ammo dispenser with a really good Jakobs sniper rifle for crystals and boss.

The slot-machines always give level appropriate weapons, so I rolled them a few times since I kept getting white smg:s on the final maps for some reason.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Okay, so it basically is the end of the story missions. I should gamble but I wasted all my money on multiple respawns and didn't think to dashboard so I could have kept my $20k+ :cry:
I will grind for now.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Why did I never think to try a Practicable Slow Hand with anarchy? This is soooooo much fun on a shock spec Gaige. I mean seriously, I've never seen so many things explode in a shower of blood, sparks, and fire.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Jake Blues posted:

Okay, so it basically is the end of the story missions. I should gamble but I wasted all my money on multiple respawns and didn't think to dashboard so I could have kept my $20k+ :cry:
I will grind for now.

Are you on 360? If so, I can just dupe you a bunch of cash.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Oh yeah I almost forgot. A while ago someone was asking for an explosive relic, and Pete happened to drop a purple 30% one for me today. I can't remember who it was, but if you want it let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Banuaba you are awesome for jumping in for that short amount of time, sorry I'm a dick and bailed. I'm basically gonna grind for some side quests I didn't bother with before.
My buddy and I sped through this last weekend in a 5hr couch co-op basically ignoring all but story missions. He left me at the last boss to take solo so I'm farming until he comes back but it will be so worth it. :getin:

• Locked thread