Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Mob posted:

Give me a thousand Vic Garcia podcasts if it means I don't have to hear any more Lauren Lapkus characters.

I thought the episode was aimless and kind of boring (Scott, in particular, didn't appear to be into anything Adomian was throwing out) until Lapkus's hilarious character came in. Opinions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Nemo posted:

Do you guys honestly listen for the quality of the vocal mimicry?

Nah but I do wish he wasn't the same brand of overbearing shock-yelling that he is with every character except Huell.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
PFT is Team Lapkus

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Lauren Lapkus's character was great. It gave Scott and his guests a chance to be assholes for no reason, which I always love. This is the first Lapkus character I'm really looking forward to hearing from again.
Edit: Also, I wonder if James Adomian is a secret goon :tinfoil: He mentioned Bitcoins on a previous episode and I thought for sure he was going to take his bit at the end in a Tails Gets Trolled direction. Obviously these things exist in other places on the internet and the TGT thing is a real stretch, but he wouldn't be the first person podcast goons enjoy that turned out to be an SA member.

Greggy fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 22, 2013

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Can't believe anyone is complaining about an Adomian episode. Also Todd is from where I'm from. Also I wish that teenager that was a jerk to Noel Clampbell and Todd could hang out.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

epitasis posted:

It's just a combination of Giamatti and Jesse Ventura. I'm pretty tired of him just doing gravelly creepy men yelling.
It's like how every Billy West voice has juuuuuust a tinge of Larry Fine in it.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Guys, clearly the most irritating thing about this episode was that they kept referring to PSH as an Oscar nominee and never acknowledged that he won on Oscar for Capote.

Everything else was good.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

tnimark posted:

Guys, clearly the most irritating thing about this episode was that they kept referring to PSH as an Oscar nominee and never acknowledged that he won on Oscar for Capote.

Everything else was good.

Yeah, for a guy who loves the twelve days of Oscar like Scott does, you'd expect he would know a little bit of recent oscar history.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lauren Lapkus is a comedy black hole and I had to shut it off after 5 minutes of her. I'll give it another shot later but Jesus Christ she is just irritating as gently caress with no funny bits ever no matter what character she is playing.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Lauren's character was great and she had a lot of funny lines. Really good episode.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Lauren Lapkus is a comedy black hole and I had to shut it off after 5 minutes of her. I'll give it another shot later but Jesus Christ she is just irritating as gently caress with no funny bits ever no matter what character she is playing.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm I don't really understand this beeecause I spent a year abroad speaking italiano aaaaaannnnnddd I just think you sound like a tourist soooooooooo

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I didn't really like PSH either, I liked the character more when Adomian was talking at a normal tone. Unfortunately that was very rarely. The end with Paul Giamatti was great though. And loving weird as hell. I hope that woman who left the bad iTunes review saying Scott was being creepy with his 15 year old intern listened to this episode.

Also Lauren Lapkus owns, sorry some of you are dumb. :( She's one of my favorites of the I4H regulars, I'm glad she's doing CBB now too.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Politicalrancor posted:

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm I don't really understand this beeecause I spent a year abroad speaking italiano aaaaaannnnnddd I just think you sound like a tourist soooooooooo

Oh theeeeenk youuuuu

Without fail the absolute first thing that I think of when I so much as see her name. Hilarious.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Nemo posted:

Do you guys honestly listen for the quality of the vocal mimicry?

Well no, but usually Adomian's super on-point with it and it's a plus. It's not like it's a terrible character or anything, but I'd say it's one of his worst CBB ones. That's a high base quality, but still.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Productions already started on season 2 of the show and Aukerman seemed tired. 20 episodes this sudden is a huge order. Some great episodes came out when they were were shooting season 1 though so who knows.

Didn't like Lapkus' character at first but turned around on it after a few minutes. Was definitely the weirdest CBB of all time though. Can't even think of a runner up.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Trujillo posted:

Was definitely the weirdest CBB of all time though. Can't even think of a runner up.

There was that one with Adomian playing Alan Rickman stealing Scott's gold or something. Also Adam Scott was there.

It was a worthy uhhh, a worthy uhhh, a worthy uhhh, a worthy uhhh, a worthy uhhh, a worthy uhhh......

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Also the one with the Huell that comes out of Ventura's stomach.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Even if the rape bit was a bit much, I loving loved this episode. The whole PSH "seize what's real and act" bit was incredible. The dodgy impression didn't bother me, because the 'character' that was portrayed was such a great exaggeration.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I thought this episode was great. Practically died during plugs when Lauren plugged twitter.com/disney.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

FitFortDanga posted:

It's not just the vocal mimicry. The character doesn't seem strongly based on PSH. Maybe I haven't been keeping up with him, but since when is PSH so angry and prone to outbursts?

In the 5 or so movies from which Adomian is directly doing the impression from.

I was dying whenever he did the Donnie voice from Boogie Nights where he breaks down after kissing Mark Wahlberg.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 23, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
New classic episode out! I give it 11/10, will laugh again.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I thought Adomian's low key mimicry of PSH was spot on but it fell apart when he got angry. And I love Lauren lapkus, they really need to have a show with her as Todd, Neil Campbell as his self-aware teenager, and WOMPLER.

So far the new episode with Weird Al & Andrew Lloyd owns.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Vicar, please!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Scoobi posted:

I thought Adomian's low key mimicry of PSH was spot on but it fell apart when he got angry. And I love Lauren lapkus, they really need to have a show with her as Todd, Neil Campbell as his self-aware teenager, and WOMPLER.

omg I said this earlier but I didn't even think of todd. Better yet, todd, noel clampbell harasser and wompler plus gutterballs. Earwolf: All Teens, All The Time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The beginning of this episode made me really long for What Am I Thinking instead of Would You Rather every drat time.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I want more Juke Box Jury.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

epitasis posted:

The beginning of this episode made me really long for What Am I Thinking instead of Would You Rather every drat time.

The same thing made me realize they'd dropped WaIT a long while ago and that I don't miss it at all.
e: also Juke Box Jury is the best feature

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

The same thing made me realize they'd dropped WaIT a long while ago and that I don't miss it at all.
e: also Juke Box Jury is the best feature

I agree with this whole post.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Bring back Hot Topics, drat it.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Check out the facts, it's the Hollywood Facts! (Take out your diiick)

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Bring back Hot Topics, drat it.

Is this a big deal now?

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

WoG posted:

Check out the facts, it's the Hollywood Facts! (Take out your diiick)

(Bro)

I'm still hoping they'll do Jukebox Jury for the next live episode so we can watch them listen to awful music.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
This episode had some of the funniest Scott-Tompkins banter ever. I love Al but he knew when to hang back and let the maestros create. One of my faves of all time.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Homonyms! (They're doing it).

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Funniest PFT in ages, which is really saying something

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Anyone else do that survey that's been mentioned during the breaks for a while now? The link is really hard to remember, I couldn't find it online either so I just skipped back through the latest episode until I found it: http://www.themidroll.com/survey/cbb/
I made sure to write a mini-essay about how terrible those Pepsi Next ads they tried awhile ago were.

And here are just the results, I think this link should work for everyone: https://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=U1UiOS6PEMc2GuW5L_2fm19R0LLPDDPnKUack8Va3ljec_3d
Some interesting stats in there, but not too surprising.

Small business (Shipping, Legal Documents, Websites) 23.6%/2,355
LEGAL ZOOM DOT COM

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

This episode had some of the funniest Scott-Tompkins banter ever. I love Al but he knew when to hang back and let the maestros create. One of my faves of all time.

GraPar posted:

Funniest PFT in ages, which is really saying something

I agree! I thought Weird Al was great too. He really sounds like he is having fun. All around great episode!!!!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I made sure to write a mini-essay about how terrible those Pepsi Next ads they tried awhile ago were.
They know. Believe me, they know.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Jeff Ullrich already explained how that nightmare situation came about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

That's an early contender for Best of 2013. So many great lines.